• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Regretting my final pull of the day now. I got another Usopp which amounted to no slots of use when I could have done with the 25 box space instead. Oh well, time to spend those daily gems for a bit while there's no sugo in sight.

Kyou

Okay the Moby Dick is within sight, but that jozu level is still fucking me up

if you come out of Vista with bad orbs, even with Perona's special you can't kill Jozu. Might just say fuck it and deviate from this guide and use Sunny to make it easier. Only problem with that is I kill him too fast and it fucks up my timing on specials, but I can probably figure it out

Kyou

Did they really go with Giolla?? Giora is a real name! At every intersection of which way to go with an R it seems like Bandai Namco is making the wrong choice

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Regretting my final pull of the day now. I got another Usopp which amounted to no slots of use when I could have done with the 25 box space instead. Oh well, time to spend those daily gems for a bit while there's no sugo in sight.

I regret every gem spent.

TheShah

So I just pulled legend Ace and Marco!!!!!! But I only have 1 meat to max one of them. Apparently Ace is lackluster without Zephyr and Marco is very situational so I don't know which one to level up. Any suggestions?

So I just pulled legend Ace and Marco!!!!!! But I only have 1 meat to max one of them. Apparently Ace is lackluster without Zephyr and Marco is very situational so I don't know which one to level up. Any suggestions?

Marco. Ace is a perpetual bench warmer on global until Bandai gives us the units to make him worth using, should that ever happen.

RedBoot

next event is sorta boring

CYO turtle times is nice

Yeah, was hoping for a Thriller Bark part 2 announcement, but I guess that's still a few weeks off. We do get double returning fortnights soon (and the announcement sort of alludes to that), so that's something.

Meanwhile, I've spent one and a half full stamina bars farming Patty and Carne. Carne's dropped three times, while Patty's dropped four beli bags. You win this week Patty, but when I do finally get you, as soon as I finish the mission, I'm feeding you to Coby.

RedBoot

Elizabello's King Punch ended up being as awesome as I'd hoped it would be:

For each turn AFTER Elizabello's special reaches stage 3, damage is boosted by 23.75x per turn for an additional 20 turns, for a max damage of 487.25x character's ATK to all enemies.

So if you sit there and stall long enough, it gets super-powered. Not sure how viable it actually is (and it's typeless damage, just so Fossa doesn't suddenly become legend-tier), but I love that they managed to implement it so true to the story. Between that and Cavendish's "narcissistic" abilities, they really hit this new batch out of the park.

Also: New Log Luffy is basically 90% the exact same art, they just switched out Luffy's actual clothing. So it's just a matter of them not having the rights for those specific designs. Expect the rest of the Log replacements to be much the same way.

bjork

That replacement LL art was legit? I was sure that had to be someone's mock-up. They're so similar, but I guess it was the clothing in question? So weird.

RedBoot

Yeah, the Log designs were all from DVD covers (I think? Maybe it was art books), and I guess they had to license them from Toei or the specific artist. Even the Japanese version isn't going to be immune to this sort of thing. I really wonder if they'll run into issues down the line with Zephyr or all the other movie characters they've introduced recently.

You know, I've mentioned it before, but I'm actually curious to see if we get the Breed fortnight. He's a filler character, so there might be an extra layer of licensing involved with him as well. So far everything we've gotten has been directly from the manga.

bjork

Yeah, the Log designs were all from DVD covers (I think? Maybe it was art books), and I guess they had to license them from Toei or the specific artist. Even the Japanese version isn't going to be immune to this sort of thing. I really wonder if they'll run into issues down the line with Zephyr or all the other movie characters they've introduced recently.

You know, I've mentioned it before, but I'm actually curious to see if we get the Breed fortnight. He's a filler character, so there might be an extra layer of licensing involved with him as well. So far everything we've gotten has been directly from the manga.

I actually hadn't thought of that, but no filler character is kinda odd. I need my 6* Apis.

Dandte

Log Designs were from the log books. A log book was a compilation of a huge amount of chapters in one DinA4 sized book with crappy paper like the normal jump has. I have three of them.

Kyou

I've been smashing my head against the whitebeard forest now that I have the tools to actually beat it

I have my 1-18 strategy down pat. 19 is giving me some trouble with killing Izo and Ace before they attack

I've been smashing my head against the whitebeard forest now that I have the tools to actually beat it

I have my 1-18 strategy down pat. 19 is giving me some trouble with killing Izo and Ace before they attack

I hate wave 19. I haven't gone back to trying to beat it for a while but I was just getting annoyed with the fact that 2 things determine the outcome of that wave: orb luck and manual mid combo targeting. It's a pain in the ass for anyone that isn't running a Log Luffy team.

Heng

A reminder that the rainbow dragon and all dragon island has a drop rate increase so you may want to stock up on some dragons.

Also the new FB challenge rewards seem kind of lackluster since I have most of my units at max level. I guess I'll hang onto them until I get another good unit.

Kyou

I hate wave 19. I haven't gone back to trying to beat it for a while but I was just getting annoyed with the fact that 2 things determine the outcome of that wave: orb luck and manual mid combo targeting. It's a pain in the ass for anyone that isn't running a Log Luffy team.

I think I might just have to wait until either Perona or something with Zoro comes around so I can socket them better. You're right, too much of it is "Okay I've spent the entire match doing everything perfect and now it's time for-oh my rayleighs both have yellow orbs guess I lose"

So I just learned something by picking the wrong team to match my friend captain. INThawk can break invincibility shields like buggies with his special. I can't think of much use for it right now but it may be worth noting in case any future raids or such have it.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
So I just learned something by picking the wrong team to match my friend captain. INThawk can break invincibility shields like buggies with his special. I can't think of much use for it right now but it may be worth noting in case any future raids or such have it.
All damage dealing specials break through those resilience "can't die for x turns" buffs.

You can't get through combo shields or good/great/perfect shields with them, though (Unless you activate legend Law's special)

Tidd

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH! I DID IT!!!!!!! I BEAT WHITEBEARD!!!
mBugbzll.jpg

This is the team I used with lv. 4 auto heal and lv. 2 matching orbs

And I maxed every available ship on global now :)

I'm so satisfied right now. :D

Here is the video where I got the team from if anyone is interested in it.

Kyou

Congrats! I'm doing Ray/Ray/Mihawk/SWS Zoro/Perona/GP Usopp but once I max doffy maybe I'll look and see if there's another team I could put together

speaking of which, time to go back through the topic and find the team I used last time. One of these times I will write something down.

mileS

After getting a streak of 0/75 Mihawks on a skill up event (which don't happen often enough to begin with) I'm finding it hard to do much with my stamina right now. Left a really sour mood towards the game for me.

Now that I pulled my first legend with IntHawk, I'm going to try and find a team for WB Forest. My problems I forsee are that I don't have Zoro v2, my Perona is not max CD (16 CD atm) and I'm severely lacking in sockets (barely any heal sockets at all, to boot).

bonkeng

After getting a streak of 0/75 Mihawks on a skill up event (which don't happen often enough to begin with) I'm finding it hard to do much with my stamina right now. Left a really sour mood towards the game for me.

75 copies with zero skill ups? During 2x event?

Damn.

RedBoot

T-Bone finally comes next week! Been waiting for this one. He'll become the best PSY Slasher in Global upon release, unless you happen to have Legend Shanks. Even in Japan, he's still fifth, behind Legend Law, Legend Shanks, SW Brook (who we still can't be sure we'll ever get), and Raid Momonga, who we'll hopefully see soon.

He also doubles as a trigger for Legend Croc, at least until we get 3D2Y Robin. Not sure if there's already something better for that out there.

Onto Dofy! Last time he was around, I had 2 Blackbeards on my friend captain list. This time, I have many. Love the new friend captain system.

I'm kinda glad that I haven't finished my GPU sockets yet (4 Silence, 5 Lock). I can still enjoy using him and G3 (5/5 Silence/Lock) on my BB teams (although it doesn't really matter for this raid). I hope I can get my second GPU (unsure what sockets he'll have) to 10 CD quickly enough to not worry about it the next time Duval returns.

RedBoot

Cool cool. I just did 1 run and my god that was too easy.

Yeah, there's more leeway than I had thought initially. Even the "Hit the Red Giant into critical mode" is forgiving, if you miss getting him into low health and he hits you, you can still clear the quest easily, assuming you don't accidentally take a lot of damage elsewhere. Basically the only way you can lose is if you get bad RNG on stage 1 and take damage, miss hitting the giant into low health on stage 2 and take damage, and somehow take damage on stage 3 (would probably only happen if GP wasn't going to be ready in time). And now that I've got the method down, I don't think I'm going to run into all that.

My levels are just a tad low on BB/Oars Jr/Alvida though, so my friend BB needs to be around level 82 or higher in order to have enough health. Luckily, that doesn't look like it'll be an issue, most BBs are maxed. It's nice to finally have a Dofy farming method that doesn't leave me on edge at all times.

Majukun

I only reach 14 socket of anti lock with my team for t-bone,and sine i decided to go the INT route i need at least a lv 2..so i'm gonna need friends with towel nami with at least a lock socket...actually regretting not socketing mine now

MiTYH

So far, 3/4 Doffys, though I just used a gem to get some more copies. Sitting with turn... 22 I think? Might use one more gem later today, depends on how these last few sit.

Using MC team with Jozu, GP, and Mihawk, I've found a much more comfortable strategy for those like me without max MC. Requires anti-lock2 and GP max (or very close)

- Stall w/o damage on first stage.
- Stage 2, defeat minions, but get hit once by the giant. Then bring him to <20, then KO him. Give you about 4 extra turns.
- Stage 3. Asap (if good stage 1, it's right away, if not, it's the second turn), use a max GP Usopp. Stall as needed, taking damage from the Green turtle
- Stage 4: KO Seahorse with GP, the PSY unit, and at least one more. Nothing will be locked, so complete as normal
- Stage 5: GP will be ready again now, or by the time you need it.

Since you can't take even one hit from Doffy, taking the Giant's damage doesnt mean anything. It's worked well for me, and I haven't lost since, and I get to use both my MC now instead of just once.

EDIT: 3/7 now, I'm done with gems.

RedBoot

Is doffy usable even if his special is lvl1?

I'll try to farm the 40stam one. I think I'm ready.

His attack is one of the highest in the game, and he's a 2x ATK/HP captain for slashers, so you'll definitely get some use out of him even if you can't use his special.

(He also takes 1 million less EXP to max than the rest of the raid bosses...never really figured that one out.)

Skipping Doffy for now since I have him anyway but my deck isn't ready to farm him. I have BB but only at lvl 57 right now. I got Marco but no special levels. Other STR units of note would be Alvida, MC and Hack but it all feels a bit risky for now.

Quick question by the way, I finally got Monet evolved and outside of her slot space she doesn't seem that great, however would I be right in assuming her cpt ability would absolutely mash the turtle times? Does it override their defence?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Quick question by the way, I finally got Monet evolved and outside of her slot space she doesn't seem that great, however would I be right in assuming her cpt ability would absolutely mash the turtle times? Does it override their defence?

Monet ' s captain ability isn't fixed damage as far as I know, so it can't be used for turtle times.

The reason why Monet is so strong is she allows for a conditional boost while enacting the condition (delay), whereas most conditional boosters need another character to actually create the condition.

1.25x might not seem like that much, but conditional boosts are able to stack with type boosts (STR/DEX/Slasher/Etc.) and orb boosts (Doffy, Kaku, Coby, Noland), so it's the only way to further burst damage with a triple boost.

bjork

I have been able to do 40 stamina reliably without paying too much attention with

G3/G3
Dex Mihawk/Jozu
GP Usopp/Alvida

Didn't try the 60 because I didn't want to whiff and waste the stamina. But only 1/3 dropped so far. I think my Doflamingo is sitting around 80, but his skill is like 2 or 3, still very low. I think farming Mihawk for Legend sockets broke me on doing raids like a lunatic.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I have been able to do 40 stamina reliably without paying too much attention with

G3/G3
Dex Mihawk/Jozu
GP Usopp/Alvida

Didn't try the 60 because I didn't want to whiff and waste the stamina. But only 1/3 dropped so far. I think my Doflamingo is sitting around 80, but his skill is like 2 or 3, still very low. I think farming Mihawk for Legend sockets broke me on doing raids like a lunatic.

I'm using almost the same team for 60 sta.

G3/G3
Dex Mihawk/Jozu
GP Usopp/Kid

bjork

I might give it a whirl once it refills. It should be ready to roll right around my bedtime, so if I can make it reliably work, what a bummer to find out so late.

But there's always next time. Shanks sockets are what I've wanted to gem for, but he still just showed up the one time so far.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I might give it a whirl once it refills. It should be ready to roll right around my bedtime, so if I can make it reliably work, what a bummer to find out so late.

But there's always next time. Shanks sockets are what I've wanted to gem for, but he still just showed up the one time so far.

But be warned, it's a very risky team, if you fuck up 2-3 perfects it's over.

Shanks is extremely rare it seems. I've farmed it repeatedly since it started but without gems and he's shown up three times.

Top Bottom