• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Fairly new player here, I think I'm going to spend a good 80 gems on pulls tonight. Hopefully this Sugofest treats me well! Been extremely addicted to this game for the past 2 weeks. I can see myself coming back to it all year long. Hard for a game to hook me like that anymore. On top of the insane amount of time put into this game, I've also been going through the digital color version of the manga at a quick pace. One Piece is incredible.

Glad you like it! Good luck tonight with your pulls!

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I regretted nothing about getting my Vivi to 99 since the most fun I ever had with the game was beating Blackbeard with Double Vivi.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Thought i would give it a try with Killer on the last day...cleared on my first attempt. Based Killer.

quickmemo_2016-01-05-f4kva.png

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
hahaha, 117 to 4. Congrats!

Thanks xD
Tried it yesterday with G3 and was satisfied with the 22 hits, but its definitely easier with Killer.

Back 2 Kid lead, but i can change again if anyone still needs KIller attempts.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
I actually dumped +50 rcv into my Rayleigh and will be doing the same for Log Luffy with a breakdown of 50 hp, 50 rcv and 100 attack for both. I like the already high RCV stat for both units and I like a high healing buff, but that's a personal preference.

Captains with healing specials I'd like to put +100 rcv on and vice versa captains with health specific abilities give them +100. Garp, Vivi, etc are all long term projects to me but I'm working on them. Where as the units like WB and MC who don't benefit as much from healing, I'd like to do the standard 100 hp and 100 attack. Moving forward utility units I'll try to balance differently, maybe not so much a uniform breakdown but a 66/66/68 approach. GP Usopp comes to mind and even Doffy who would probably end up being in a lot of my team compositions. One thing to possibly keep in mind is your own style of play, the candy boosts overall can be minimal but it's all additive. (Much like slots/sockets will be later on... which will be another pain in the butt to achieve.)

I compare it to materia in FF7 or equipping various armor/weapons in any RPG. These are your units to work with, the most someone else will do is provide the appropriate friend captain.

Kyou

I guess my 2016 goals in the game are simple
-Don't burn out
-Don't spend too much
-Get a legend or at least G3 luffy
-Get to 120 stamina

also after like 12 runs I finally got another sea stallion to drop. I could stop, but I clearly need to get more for all the amazing units I'm going to pull tonight.

Jayhawk

Only going to try one pull tonight. I'm expecting a good sugofest for the one-year anniversary of the global version next month, so I want to use gems for that and maybe some real money.

xrokis

should we make a new google doc for friendcodes?
maybe there is a better way, the last one got pretty unwieldy at the end.
many ghost accounts and no good way to tell who was new on the list
visibility for new page.

man i'm an idiot. just discovered that prison croc also boost striker and has a better cooldown than urouge.
i assumed he just poisons and didn't wait for the rest of the text to scroll over (0.0)

ElChado

Neo Member
Alright guys, sugofest in 2 hours 28 minutes or so.

We have 6 news notices right now including the sugofest notice.

prison croc notice and ranking notice are going away tonight when sugofest starts.

Daily gem and dex rate up notice end next week.

What do you guys think we'll get in the news tonight? Or do you think we'll get news when the sugofest leaves?

I'm expecting next daily gem event(maybe with weekly coloured turtle times finally?) and the next colour rate up notice. But i feel like maybe one more news notice this week, new version notice maybe? Water 7 story island maybe? New class Freedom notice maybe? or maybe new free unit like chopperman?

mileS

I'm in desperate need of friends. Most of my list is basic Luffy and its making progress a little hard. I'm only plvl 31 but If you have room please add me : 146,723,403

Add me or leave comment or PM for me to add you. Thanks in advance!

Mazre

Man even FP events are better in JP, instead of adding turtles to the FP draw temporarily it's nothing but turtles at the moment, and princess turtles are available too, also overlapping with a double chance for super success.

Heng

Man even FP events are better in JP, instead of adding turtles to the FP draw temporarily it's nothing but turtles at the moment, and princess turtles are available too, also overlapping with a double chance for super success.
Awesome, I didn't know. Thank you.

Does anyone remember when global gets double xp rate?

Kyou

Doing 4 pulls

1) Jozu (NEW!) yay!
2) Bellemere (NEW!) yay?
3) Regular ass Zoro (dupe)
4) Log Brook (Dupe)

that's enough for the moment

Mazre

Bepo (well at least he's new)
Ms Goldenweek (abort abort abort)

Better luck next sugo, good luck everyone pulling.

chrono01

My Sugofest pulls.

First Rare Recruit:

Gold poster! I wonder what it could be! ...Hatchi. Thanks, game. Amazing start.

Second Rare Recruit:

Silver poster. Probably Coby...nope, Dancing Django. Just as bad. Please stop, game.

Third Rare Recruit:

Who will I get this time? As my mind thought of the endless possibilities of silver posters, I saw something new to me. An image unlike any other, it was like a dream. As the red poster fell to the ground and faded away, this took its place.

My first Legend unit, and the one I was most hoping for. I never thought this day would actually come, especially when I had prior thoughts to skip over this Sugofest.

Today was a good day indeed.

RedBoot

Did four pulls:

1. Kuro (DEX Fighter boost, am I right?)
2. SWS Zoro (Dupe. I actually have like five different extra Zoros sitting in my inventory right now. Waiting for slots, I guess)
3. Apoo (New, and something I actually wanted!)
4. Smoker (bleh, I thought about stopping after Apoo, should have done it)

Will probably go ahead and do one more tomorrow, just for the usual five. I'm getting low on gems, though.

Kimono Hats is fun. I've run it like 8 times and I've only seen Hachi, so it looks like we got the Bon Clay-less version. Bleh.

Already seen Nami once, and I got Igaram to drop as well. Only missing Nezumi out of the rest. Skill books are weak so far, all Chessmarimo, Goldenweek, and Mr. Prince. Glad I got Law already pretty well-leveled from the Halloween fortnight.

linkent

My Sugofest pulls.
Third Rare Recruit:

Who will I get this time? As my mind thought of the endless possibilities of silver posters, I saw something new to me. An image unlike any other, it was like a dream. As the red poster fell to the ground and faded away, this took its place.

My first Legend unit, and the one I was most hoping for. I never thought this day would actually come, especially when I had prior thoughts to skip over this Sugofest.

I know that feeling bro!! Congratz to you! Welcome to Log Luffy club.. Now you can clear WB forest especially with Doffy available.

chrono01

congratulations!
Thanks. :)

Sorry you couldn't get your G3 Luffy again, but at least you got Jozu. One day G3 will grace you. You must believe.

Did four pulls:

1. Kuro (DEX Fighter boost, am I right?)
2. SWS Zoro (Dupe. I actually have like five different extra Zoros sitting in my inventory right now. Waiting for slots, I guess)
3. Apoo (New, and something I actually wanted!)
4. Smoker (bleh, I thought about stopping after Apoo, should have done it)

Will probably go ahead and do one more tomorrow, just for the usual five. I'm getting low on gems, though.

Kimono Hats is fun. I've run it like 8 times and I've only seen Hachi, so it looks like we got the Bon Clay-less version. Bleh.

Already seen Nami once, and I got Igaram to drop as well. Only missing Nezumi out of the rest. Skill books are weak so far, all Chessmarimo, Goldenweek, and Mr. Prince. Glad I got Law already pretty well-leveled from the Halloween fortnight.
The DEX/Fighter rate definitely seems up compared to past Sugofest. I remember pulling during some "rate-up" Sugofest, where INT was supposedly increased, and getting anything but that type. This one, though, seems to have a pretty substantial increase. Great if you're hurting for DEX/Fighter units, I guess.

I still need to do that Kimono Island. Glad to hear that it's fun, at least.
Congrats Chrono!
Thanks!

I know that feeling bro!! Congratz to you! Welcome to Log Luffy club.. Now you can clear WB forest especially with Doffy available.
Thanks. I seriously, never expected that. The feeling was surreal. I just have to work on leveling him now, all of my turtles/pigs/etc. will be going into him, same type or not.

Heng

My Sugofest pulls.

First Rare Recruit:

Gold poster! I wonder what it could be! ...Hatchi. Thanks, game. Amazing start.

Second Rare Recruit:

Silver poster. Probably Coby...nope, Dancing Django. Just as bad. Please stop, game.

Third Rare Recruit:

Slow down, you still have 360 days to pull a legend. >.<

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Did 10 pulls. 8 silvers and a log Brook and evolved princess Vivi.

Think I'm done for this Sugo, lol.

Exactly how I felt, managed one new unit in Log Chopper whom I had a feeling I would acquire today. So I'm cool with that, only two more logs to go. I did I want to say about a dozen pulls. Something about this Sugo felt off so I stopped before I pulled what I was fully committed to do. It just got uglier and uglier and uglier each pull... like if I wanted a Hachi, I can just drop him in Kimono, which I just did earlier, lol.

I'll fish again if there is a QCK rate up, but even then we need a new batch of units included. With the one year coming, hopefully there is something more worthwhile in the future.

My first Legend unit, and the one I was most hoping for. I never thought this day would actually come, especially when I had prior thoughts to skip over this Sugofest. Today was a good day indeed.

CHRONO!! You did it buddy! This makes me genuinely happy dude. How excited were you? You gotta describe in living vicariously through Pelican stream detail...!

-

EDIT: To everyone - If you drop Carne and Patty, be sure to keep them as you'll need them for an upcoming mission. I was happy they've dropped already since feeding/selling them off earlier last year during the Zeff trials.

chrono01

CHRONO!! You did it buddy! This makes me genuinely happy dude. How excited were you? You gotta describe in living vicariously through Pelican stream detail...!
I'm not going to lie, I'm still a bit in disbelief.

I've received so many consecutively bad pulls in Treasure Cruise that my expectations were low going into this Sugofest. As I said earlier, I was going to skip it over entirely, obviously I'm glad I didn't. I would have been happy with even one new unit in my five pulls [it didn't even have to be a usable unit for me, just something new] so getting a Legend [and Log Luffy, of all things] in the first three pulls legit surprised me.

As much as I love to celebrate my excitement, I know there are many others not having the same luck I did [and I'm sorry for that]. Regardless, I'm living proof that if I can pull a Legend unit, so can you! I've been playing since launch, so a lot of time invested, but I'm sure your day will come as well. To those that are Legend-less, don't give up hope.

mileS

Grats chrono01!

I used about 85gems myself. Got some alright stuff.
4*Law
5*Ace
4*Jozu
4*Hatch
5*Princess Vivi
4*Log Robin

eh it could be worse I suppose lol. Re-rolling on my tablet to see if I can pull a legend on the off chance but I'm not too worried about it.

chrono01

Grats chrono01!

I used about 85gems myself. Got some alright stuff.
4*Law
5*Ace
4*Jozu
4*Hatch
5*Princess Vivi
4*Log Robin

eh it could be worse I suppose lol. Re-rolling on my tablet to see if I can pull a legend on the off chance but I'm not too worried about it.
Thanks!

Concerning your own pulls, you did great! Law is used in a lot of DEX-based teams, either as sub or leader. Ace is the only current 2.5x QCK ATK Captains we have right now, and Jozu is an incredible sub [I'd love to have him for my teams]. Assuming you meant Thatch and not Hatchi, he's another great unit, most specifically for blue turtle times [effective farming, having 3x ATK to DEX while HP is full]. While Princess Vivi isn't used now as much as she was in the past she's still an okay unit, and Log Robin has that amazing art and voice. Congrats on your pulls, you're off to a very strong start!

Feel free to send me a Friend Request, if you have room on your list. I'm currently running G3 Luffy [until I get my Log Luffy evolved and leveled], but will likely switch to Monster Chopper for the kimono event island.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not going to lie, I'm still a bit in disbelief.

I've received so many consecutively bad pulls in Treasure Cruise that my expectations were low going into this Sugofest. As I said earlier, I was going to skip it over entirely, obviously I'm glad I didn't. I would have been happy with even one new unit in my five pulls [it didn't even have to be a usable unit for me, just something new] so getting a Legend [and Log Luffy, of all things] in the first three pulls legit surprised me.

As much as I love to celebrate my excitement, I know there are many others not having the same luck I did [and I'm sorry for that]. Regardless, I'm living proof that if I can pull a Legend unit, so can you! I've been playing since launch, so a lot of time invested, but I'm sure your day will come as well. To those that are Legend-less, don't give up hope.

Maaaann... that's just perfect. Seeing the red poster fall is definitely one of the hypest things in the game. It's scary to chase, but oh so thrilling to see. Log Luffy is really fun to play with, once you get the levels and such sorted just let me know when you need him up as a friend captain if you plan to run the beard forest.

Incidentally, the fighter class didn't boost the legends so you really won today!

chrono01

Maaaann... that's just perfect. Seeing the red poster fall is definitely one of the hypest things in the game. It's scary to chase, but oh so thrilling to see. Log Luffy is really fun to play with, once you get the levels and such sorted just let me know when you need him up as a friend captain if you plan to run the beard forest.

Incidentally, the fighter class didn't boost the legends so you really won today!
Will do. :)

And yeah, it was definitely a hype moment. That animation really drives the point that you pulled something special.

I thought Log Luffy being a Fighter class [and Fighting class characters having a rate-up] meant he also had a rate-up. I guess that makes me even luckier than I thought I was. O_O

Congrats, Chrono! You need some more New Years goals already!
Thanks, and I already have my alternate New Year's goal: Pull a second Legend unit.

Full sail!

DrAg0nBoY

Nice Chrono, congratz.

I did 3 pulls. Got Kid (the third time ...), Kuro and somebody else.

I hate this game ...

RedBoot

Kimono drop totals after one night:

Zoro: 6
Nami: 2
Luffy: 1

RNG is fun. I also got Nezumi, so that gets me the extra pokedex slot I was missing. Actually, since my Law's skill level is already decent (waiting to skill up my new Apoo will be more important at this point), there's really nothing left for me in this fortnight outside of trying to skill max Kimono Nami. Still gonna run it a bunch though. May as well get 30 Chessmarimo books in case I ever decide to farm him.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Well I got all the drops for Kimono. Guess I'm done with the fortnight. Maybe I'll try to max skill Nami.

linkent

One pull and done!
Of course it is a gold ticket which spawned the story Zoro.

This fortnight is quite fun.
Thought of using Mihawk but Kid leader seems to be easier.

Jayhawk

Ooh, looks like the legends club of OPTC GAF got another member tonight. Make sure to fill out all the paperwork, chrono01.

I am curious to see what kind of announcements they make for the one-year anniversary. I am guessing the valentine units will also make an appearance next month.

Grats Chrono!

I decided to do one pull as dex-up doesn't really give me many things I really need.

and I got ... Jozu! (4*) Awesome.

With that I've got every single character from the batch 1 WB division commanders! Considering how much use/utility he has as both a sub and a captain I'm actually very happy with this pull.

Kumo

Can someone put up Johnny for me? I'd appreciate it. :p

Wow, congrats chrono!!! Finally, your day has come! ;D

Copons

With more people pulling Log Luffy, I'm starting to think that I may very well level up mine, even though I feel more comfy with Rayleigh or G3.

Fact is: I never had the need to learn how to hit goods, and it totally escapes me how to find out for any character I could include in a Log Luffy team. :/

With more people pulling Log Luffy, I'm starting to think that I may very well level up mine, even though I feel more comfy with Rayleigh or G3.

Fact is: I never had the need to learn how to hit goods, and it totally escapes me how to find out for any character I could include in a Log Luffy team. :/

Hitting goods isn't that hard honestly, basically attack the moment the special sound marks appear.

no sound marks = "less than good" (aka killer)

sound marks barely moved = good

sound marks +- halfway to center = great

sound marks at center = perfect

anything after perfect = miss

That's how I usually memorize it; You can always practice only doing "good" on a 0 stamina island to test.

Top Bottom