• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Tidd

Let's do the math how much box space you need for the raid.
Momonga needs 10 skill ups.
You would need 50 copies to max him during a skill up event.
The raid has 6 unique characters.
So this would mean that you need 300 box spaces just for this raid if you want to save every single character for the next skill up event.

And imagine they would introduce the coliseum update before the next skill up event. You could farm even more characters!

Let's do the math how much box space you need for the raid.
Momonga needs 10 skill ups.
You would need 50 copies to max him during a skill up event.
The raid has 6 unique characters.
So this would mean that you need 300 box spaces just for this raid if you want to save every single character for the next skill up event.

And imagine they would introduce the coliseum update before the next skill up event. You could farm even more characters!

Realistically, Momonga, Dalmation, and Onigumo are the only ones worth saving for a skill up. Even then Onigumo isn't completely necessary since there are better DEX orb changers (he converts PSY and INT to DEX and cuts enemy HP by 10%). Shu, Very Good, and Strawberry and hardly worth mentioning since their specials aren't that great and they can't cut it as beat sticks either.

Tidd

the jap shop seems designed around huge p2p players and nothing else

Or around some more FP events ;)
But yeah it's ridiculous. You need to sell 2 legends or 34 RR characters to buy the exclusive character.

I think I hate this fortnight

Why? Too easy? Just use Monster Chopper and your highest atk str units. Don't get Nero under 20% and Wanze under 33%.

Majukun

Or around some more FP events ;)
But yeah it's ridiculous. You need to sell 2 legends or 34 RR characters to buy the exclusive character.

Why? Too easy? Just use Monster Chopper and your highest atk str units. Don't get Nero under 20% and Wanze under 33%.

and the first exclusive unit isn't really that good either

with my team the fortnight might be slower that the monster chopper one but it's easier since you don't have to worry about hp percentage and you don't have to fear nero sealing your str orbs

2x mihawk,doffy,arlong,fossa,kimono luffy

Monster Chopper shreds Wazne's fortnight pretty easily if you got everyone in high levels. Toss in Kidd for good measure if you have him for a free red orb to use as a final hit too.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Just watched Heart of Gold, the prequel to the new Film Gold movie.

Really enjoyed it, can't wait for the movie.

Edit: Would be great if we get some of those characters in Treasure Cruise.

Heart-of-Gold.jpg

Just watched Heart of Gold, the prequel to the new Film Gold movie.

Really enjoyed it, can't wait for the movie.

Edit: Would be great if we get some of those characters in Treasure Cruise.

It's good? Guess I'll watch it along with lunch later. It'd be cool to have a fortnight with those designs though, yeah!

bjork

6.0 shop looks pretty insane. Watched a dude sell 3 legends for a 4* Oars, but apparently it has the highest HP in the game? I don't know if that's a worthwhile tradeoff. I mean, on one hand it's nice to have something concrete to use a dupe legend for, but on the other hand, they could just guarantee a skill up.

Anyone that saw the shop: what's the book you can buy, underneath the Oars? It looks like a socket book, except open, with light coming out. Is it a guaranteed skill up?

so what kind of teams should we be looking at for Buster Call? I see they're introducing the "Fuck you, Rayleigh" status effect now

Sengoku teams, fu fu fu

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
It's good? Guess I'll watch it along with lunch later. It'd be cool to have a fortnight with those designs though, yeah!

Well it's One Piece so you kinda know what to expect but i really liked it, made me excited for the new movie.

RedBoot

Realistically, Momonga, Dalmation, and Onigumo are the only ones worth saving for a skill up. Even then Onigumo isn't completely necessary since there are better DEX orb changers (he converts PSY and INT to DEX and cuts enemy HP by 10%). Shu, Very Good, and Strawberry and hardly worth mentioning since their specials aren't that great and they can't cut it as beat sticks either.

Yeah. Like, Shu is actually one of the better damage reducers for INT, but even then he's not great, and Summer Perona is much better if we end up getting her. I could see Very Good being useful for a fortnight somewhere along the line, but it's not worth putting effort into him just for that. Strawberry...well, he'll be like, top 6 for PSY Slashers on Global...so, yeah.

I'll just hoard Momonga/Dalmation/Onigumo and feed the rest. The other three would be "usable" with 3-4 skill ups anyway.

Anyone that saw the shop: what's the book you can buy, underneath the Oars? It looks like a socket book, except open, with light coming out. Is it a guaranteed skill up?

Universal skill book, apparently. But some people are saying it's not a guaranteed skill up, which is kind of nuts considering how much it costs.

Hana-Bi

I think I'll skip Buster Call farming. Don't really know if those units (even the good ones) will be used much in my teams and the next week I need to farm Kalifa sockets and Koala books + I'll have box space for any raid boss that I didn't farm until now (Aokiji/Enel/MC/Duval).

Kyou

My only problem with the M Chopper team for this fortnight is basically one mistake and it's over.

I switched to a Mihawk/Mihawk/Doffy/Fossa/Mr 1/Arlong team and it is way more reliable

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
My only problem with the M Chopper team for this fortnight is basically one mistake and it's over.

I switched to a Mihawk/Mihawk/Doffy/Fossa/Mr 1/Arlong team and it is way more reliable
Do you take the hit from Nero? Take the hit, so much safer. If you have Blamenco, he's also the best if you got 10 CD.

RedBoot

I think I'll skip Buster Call farming. Don't really know if those units (even the good ones) will be used much in my teams and the next week I need to farm Kalifa sockets and Koala books + I'll have box space for any raid boss that I didn't farm until now (Aokiji/Enel/MC/Duval).

Momonga should see a lot of use, as he'll basically be the de-facto Cerebral lead for everyone outside of Legend Croc owners. But you only need one copy of him for that.

I'm actually really curious to see how often people use him, since this is the first time since Mihawk that we're getting a F2P 2.5x ATK lead (Zephyr? Who's that?).

I really wish whoever runs the turtle time calculator would include what color turtles we're getting on Fridays. I time traveled and it's red turtles so it's a good time to level up your 7/11 units.

Majukun

if you have it anywhere near a decent CD,i suggest you to bring kimono luffy instead of mr 1
it's easier to stall on penguins with him since he doesn't get a boost from the captains,and if you mess up annd bring wanze under 33% and he despairs you,you can use his psecial to eliminate the despair

MiTYH

Forgot to mention, did a last-minute YOLO pull on the banner (after silver crap and gold xdrake) last night before sugo ended, got 3D2Y Brook! Not exactly who I wanted, but I won't complain on the free unit.

bjork

Did four BB runs at work, got one skill up. He's at 6 now. So I need 10 more skill ups? Yikes. Not gonna make it this time unless I get extremely lucky, I guess.

But, I only need two lock sockets and he's done being socketed, so that seems doable.

[edit - six copies later, one skill up, 0 more locks]

[edit - twelve copies total, got my 2 locks, but still just the 1 skill up]

I did 2 BB runs and fed them together. I got a skill up which means he is now complete at Max Skill, Max Level, 5 Orb, 5 Anti-Lock. \o/

Majukun

i migh just go with a double enel team for the buster call raid..it seems feasible,consistent and easy,even if a bit slow
i also thought about a slasher team,either inthawk+mihawk or double doflamingo..but for the first i depend on how many INthawk are avaiable on my friend list..and the second is probably even slower than the enel one

i migh just go with a double enel team for the buster call raid..it seems feasible,consistent and easy,even if a bit slow
i also thought about a slasher team,either inthawk+mihawk or double doflamingo..but for the first i depend on how many INthawk are avaiable on my friend list..and the second is probably even slower than the enel one

Y'know about the slasher debuff from Shu, right?

Kyou

I feel like I basically have to farm Boa books.

Also I never got the rare stage for Domino so I guess I'll try to get that

Kyou

Yeah, normally I have to farm her too, but the stories about the extremly low drop rates scares me off.

My two legends, Rayleigh and Boa, are the notoriously low drop rate for books ones.

Meanwhile, I could trip and fall in the Tbone fortnight and find two Shanks books per run

Hana-Bi

And then I remember that Domino was a pain in the ass too. Don't know if my shooter team (do I even have something like that?) is any better than the last time Domino was around... Without Zephyr this fortnight is no joke...

I pulled a Boa a few sugofests ago and have had 10 Boa books saved up from the regular farming of Domino's FN. She only needs 4 skill ups so I'm not sure if it's worth farming more books. Boa books do come back for Kimono Jimbe FN which is probably around 10+ weeks away. I'm not sure if there'll be any content that requires a skill maxed Boa between now and then.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I'll be farming Boa books with a vengeance. I did like 300 runs in 15 stamina last time with 3 book drops. I've been stocking up on shooters, so it's time to tackle 30 stamina.

Tidd

Wow a raid with 5 sockets o.o Unfortunately Teroso needs a new evolver which isn't available yet. So no one can evolve him. Lol

Oh and it's a skill up event in Japan now. So don't expect that you can evolve him till it's over. Japan gets the global treatment. ;)

Edit: looks like he has 5 sockets even in his pre-evolution.

Tidd

I hope his 5 sockets means he's garbage so I don't have to feel bad about not getting him.

We only know what he does in his 4* Form because no one can evolve him yet.

Special: deals large psy damage, if Hp>50%, turns every orb into psy orbs. Special starts at 25. Usually a raid has 17 skill ups so it could go down to 8, which is great.
Captain ability: 1.75x ATK to psy characters and 1.5x Beli

So he replaces Garp and Mr.2 in SW Shanks teams and the team has 3 characters with 5 sockets!

Kyou

I think I have a whale on my friend list. He was just some Rayleigh that added me a while back but every time I use him it's like.

Rayleigh? Almost fully socketed. Any RR unit? Socketed.

I can't even fathom how

koryuken

I pulled a Boa a few sugofests ago and have had 10 Boa books saved up from the regular farming of Domino's FN. She only needs 4 skill ups so I'm not sure if it's worth farming more books. Boa books do come back for Kimono Jimbe FN which is probably around 10+ weeks away. I'm not sure if there'll be any content that requires a skill maxed Boa between now and then.

I spent my soul farming 15 Boa books and got 0 skillup. I'm waiting for the other fortnight with her books. You couldn't pay me to do Domino again.

Hana-Bi

I think I have a whale on my friend list. He was just some Rayleigh that added me a while back but every time I use him it's like.

I can't even fathom how

I have one friend on my friendlist with a crew name "15 legends". And he updates his name every sugo with a new legend and uses the new legend as a proof. I don't want to know how many dupe legends he pulled and money spent....

bjork

I can't even fathom how

Any time I look at one of my RRs that has like 7 sockets, I just shake my head at myself.

Tidd

Who cares about legends and sockets if you can have Waifus? :D

Japan has a limited characters sugo right now (except you can't pull legends so it's not really a sugo fest) but nonetheless I pulled 3 times.

1st pull:

2nd pull was a filthy silver Bellmere

3rd pull:

Too bad I still don't care about my japanese account and I doubt it will change.

bjork

I mentioned a Sengoku team for the buster raid as a goof, but apparently that isn't a horrible option. So I'll probably go

Sengoku/Sengoku
Striker Croc/Smoker
GP Usopp/Gear 2

and hopefully cruise

Top Bottom