• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Congrats, I hope I can beat it soon.

Who'd you use?

1tqS9C8.jpg

The only things you really need for this build is IntHawk and level 2 despair sockets. I used QCK Marco instead of QCK Kaku just because I could since their specials both boost orbs by 1.5 for 2 turns, just with QCK Marco I got an added bonus of some stats and a full heal on special use. Most stages let you stall indefinitely, you just need to stall much longer on the Marco stage for your Marco's special to get back up. The most RNGy aspect of this team is farming for meat orbs on stage 19 while stalling on Vista until your IntHawk special comes back up.

Here's a link to a video guide.

bjork

So now that the first batch is added to the unit database, how do you guys feel about the sailor powers?

How do these work? If a unit has it, do they have to be the captain? Looking at the chart, I have every unit in global that would have them except for Violet, so if it's something I can put to good use, it's definitely a cool addition.

How do these work? If a unit has it, do they have to be the captain? Looking at the chart, I have every unit in global that would have them except for Violet, so if it's something I can put to good use, it's definitely a cool addition.

guide here: http://optcacademy.com/sailors-effect-crew-abilities

summarised:

It's actually the reverse of a captain ability, these abilities only activate if the unit -isn't- the captain.

This means you could have 4 sailor abilities active at the same time, though their effects are usually quite small. (stat up for all units, status effect reduction or a "special" effect like the unit getting a boost from another orb color)

I guess this means that the first group basically functions as if you got x cotton candies on your entire crew.

The second group's like antilock/antisilence sockets for various status effects.

The 3rd group isn't really similar to anything seen before, as curiel [and only curiel] now gets boosted when he uses yellow orbs as well.

MiTYH

So looking at the guide from Reddit, I THINK I've got a good buster call team ready

Inthawk/Inthawk
Doffy/Fossa
Usopp/HW Zoro

Fossa is underleveled/no specials since I got him on 7/11, but the reset are my standards. With the right Inthawk friend I'll be at autoheal 3, and lock/despair 3. Seems doable with a Max Sunny ship, to get rid of mobs, and Max Usopp. Here's hoping!

Kyou

I think I might just take a Doffy slasher team in. I find it interesting that with so many different bosses you really can't plan for one catch-all team.

bjork

Those sailor effects look pretty cool. I like the orb ones, so I hope they add that to more character soon. The idea of not running nearly identical teams all the time is definitely neat.

My team to get to lv2 lock without a friend captain

Legend Mihawk
Doflamingo/Bepo
GP Usopp/Log Vivi

what kind of team is that?

Hana-Bi

Since I won't farm the Buster Call raid I'll use my rainbow op team:

LL
Raid Doffy
SW Shanks
Boa
IntIva

With the right LL friend captain I have level 2 cd, level 3 bind and despair and level 5 heal. :D

RedBoot

Buster Call is fun. Not especially hard, but you need to be able to react to whatever situation you come across. Good to have a full team of useful abilities, especially if you get a rough roll on turn count (I think I had Strawberry's squad at all 1 turn counts). I'm going with Double Sengoku and Robin, Arlong, Smoker, and GP Usopp. One of the suggested teams was that with Kaku instead of Smoker, but I'm finding Very Good to be the toughest part (due to the 5 turn binds), so some extra DEX is nice.

I'll have to see how a Slasher team does later. But this one's not going to be about beating it, it's going to be about beating it fast. It's a long run otherwise.

Kyou

Buster Call is fun. Not especially hard, but you need to be able to react to whatever situation you come across. Good to have a full team of useful abilities, especially if you get a rough roll on turn count (I think I had Strawberry's squad at all 1 turn counts). I'm going with Double Sengoku and Robin, Arlong, Smoker, and GP Usopp. One of the suggested teams was that with Kaku instead of Smoker, but I'm finding Very Good to be the toughest part (due to the 5 turn binds), so some extra DEX is nice.

I'll have to see how a Slasher team does later. But this one's not going to be about beating it, it's going to be about beating it fast. It's a long run otherwise.

I've only done 30 stamina so far but I used Doffy/Doffy/Arlong/FN Lucci/Crocodile/GP Usopp and it was absolute cake.

edit: Did 40 with Ray/Ray/Arlong/Doffy/Boa/GP Usopp. Not too bad! Fucked up a bunch and still won. I'll probably very lightly grind it tomorrow since it's such a long raid and none of the units seem particularly amazing.

Very Good seems to have a real interesting special

edit 2: I almost forgot to mention my biggest fuckup. I made the Ray team on the slot I use for turtle teams and forgot to change from the Flying Merry. I almost retired right away!
edit 3: ran again with Sunny, fucked their shit up. Stall on turtles, then just beat the ever loving shit out of them(saving an usopp for the 2.0x limiter stage, of course)

Managed to beat 40-stam buster call on my first try. Wasn't really expecting that.
Used Rayleigh x2, Whitebeard, Mihawk, Alvida and GP Usopp. GP on Onigumo, Alvida for emergencies and the rest on Momonga.
Also pulled the new Sanji during the last Sugo so now I guess I have someone to feed my Mr. Princes to.

Also pulled the new Sanji during the last Sugo so now I guess I have someone to feed my Mr. Princes to.

First Sanji that's actually legit good in the entire game.
aside from Duval

can't wait to stuff my Sanji full of sockets.

as for the raid, it wasn't that hard to clear with a LOG luffy team. Hate that some of those bazooka guys blind though.

Accidentally let one live and had to get through with a Log Luffy team while blind LOL.
Piece of cake.

MiTYH

So looking at the guide from Reddit, I THINK I've got a good buster call team ready

Inthawk/Inthawk
Doffy/Fossa
Usopp/HW Zoro

Can confirm this worked for me every time. Basically followed the video on reddit move for move, and it works really well. With lock lvl 3 even if I mess up or arent strong enough (on the DEX stage since Fossa is underleveled), the unlock gets rid of things pretty quick. I did mess up once but thanks to all the autoheal, I lived with about 130 HP. Too close for comfort there! But happy I have a reliable team

EDIT: Leveled up, at the end of stamina, kept doing the raid, and wow, I'm almost out of box space

ANOTHER sugofest coming next week? I get the distinct feeling that Bandai is trying to milk global for all it's worth. Not touching this one after the previous shit show.

bjork

Did my buster call runs and whiffed on the 40, but I just continued and got the gem back like four turns later. Got sidetracked on other stuff this morning and forgot that it's a raid and not a fortnight, so I guess I'll have to wait til next time for sockets on any of these dudes.

Tidd

Seems like this is going around. Is this a running gag, or is there any substance to it?

Nah, just a running gag.
But we get RR batches faster than before. The last sugo with new characters was last week and now we get new characters again? We have like zero content for these and their skill books are far far away.

Nah, just a running gag.
But we get RR batches faster than before. The last sugo with new characters was last week and now we get new characters again? We have like zero content for these and their skill books are far far away.

If it's the Barto batch, none of them seem particularly good anyway. I can't level up the new units I just got so there's no sense in getting more and not being able to put them to much use with their long cooldowns, not even as beat sticks.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Had an easy at 40 time with 2x Enel captains and all blue, just for the hell of it.

If it's the Barto batch, none of them seem particularly good anyway. I can't level up the new units I just got so there's no sense in getting more and not being able to put them to much use with their long cooldowns, not even as beat sticks.

Isn't it just 3D2Y batch 2? (Luffy, Nami, Usopp + Jimbe, would be in that, right?)

/edit Wait, we're getting the Barto batch before 3D2Y batch 2?

Also after beating this raid a couple of times I have to say, this is one of the easier new raids we've had in a while. (not counting fatsopp)

RedBoot

Yeah, I'm not really sure what they're doing with the RR batches now. It'd be one thing if they were clearly trying to catch Global up a bit to Japan, but Story Islands and Raids are going at their normal rate, fortnights can't really be sped up, and we have a lot of events/new content that we're still waiting on (Girls of Summer, Oars Event, Frieza, new Training Forests, and the friggin' Colosseum). The RRs are the only thing moving so fast.

At least they'll have to slow down a little after this (and 3D2Y part 2) since the second Corrida batch uses new mechanics introduced in Saobondy. Unless they're going to give us numbness healers when nobody uses numbness yet, which...wouldn't surprise me.

Had an easy at 40 time with 2x Enel captains and all blue, just for the hell of it.
I was thinking about trying this myself, but haven't given it a shot. How long is an average run for you and what kind of sockets do you have?

Right now, I'm running a 2x Doffy, Arlong, Slasherdile, FN Lucci, GPU team, basically following this video. I only have Anti-Lock 1 and Orbs 1 on this team, so it can be slowed a bit at times. It took a couple losses to best figure out when to use GPU / Doffy skills and to know what hits I can tank, but once I got that down it was smooth sailing. The biggest issue for me now is just how long it takes.

I'm going to focus on my two TTs for the rest of the day, but I've beaten 40 five times and 30 once for the gem (no drops other than Shu).

Kyou

It turns out I -can- fuck up hard enough to lose.

I'm really enjoying this raid. Every run has different problems and you have to think on your feet. It's way more fun to keep doing this than "And this is the turn BB does this, and then I do this, then he does this, then I do this and I win. Okay time to do that again"

koryuken

For the new batch, Blue Gilly is the only pretty good orb manipulator for Free Spirit teams (in existence). Don Chintao is the best 2 turn orb booster for WB teams. Outside of that there no great units in this batch IMO. Bartolomeo is pretty good, but we already have WB.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I was thinking about trying this myself, but haven't given it a shot. How long is an average run for you and what kind of sockets do you have?

Right now, I'm running a 2x Doffy, Arlong, Slasherdile, FN Lucci, GPU team, basically following this video. I only have Anti-Lock 1 and Orbs 1 on this team, so it can be slowed a bit at times. It took a couple losses to best figure out when to use GPU / Doffy skills and to know what hits I can tank, but once I got that down it was smooth sailing. The biggest issue for me now is just how long it takes.

I'm going to focus on my two TTs for the rest of the day, but I've beaten 40 five times and 30 once for the gem (no drops other than Shu).

Takes me maybe ten minutes. You can stall if you need to during the all-turtle layout, but you'll likely hit all your specials by the time you're at the end.

Toughest one to remember is which stage you're on since there's four bosses. "was that 3 or 2?"

My Eneru isn't socketed at all, :O

Curious, what's the target with this raid? Are any of these characters particularly useful? I did one run and got Dalmatian but I've never seen these units suggested in a team.

MiTYH

Curious, what's the target with this raid? Are any of these characters particularly useful? I did one run and got Dalmatian but I've never seen these units suggested in a team.

I think Dalmatian and Momonga have uses. Momonga is one of the best PSY slashers. Dalmatian can be used in a fighter/powerhouse L.Lucci team IMO, also great paired with GPUsopp. I think those are the best two. Onigumo/Very Good are situational ones at best. The others I just keep for collecting.

RedBoot

Momonga's the F2P lead for Cerebral (and he's better than most RR leads as well, outside of Croc). He's also the class booster for Cerebral, so even if he's not your lead he still has use. He's also one of the better PSY Slashers available in Global.

Dalmatian fits into some Powerhouse teams, particularly ones using one of our next raid bosses, Nightmare Luffy. Any Legend Lucci users will probably use him a lot.

Onigumo's a solid orb controller for DEX, though only situationally.

I'd try and get a copy of Momonga at the very least, since it'll let you make Cerebral teams. Farming him and leveling his special is useful, but not as high priority as other raid bosses.

Kyou

I'm saving my Oni/Dal/Momos and feeding everyone else

and having frustratingly amazing luck with skill ups and sockets. The game knows I dont care about these guys.

RedBoot

and having frustratingly amazing luck with skill ups and sockets. The game knows I dont care about these guys.

I went 3 for 5 on skill-ups with my first Wanzes. The game knows.

(Although it's given me 0 skill-ups on Mr. Prince books from this fortnight, so it gets confused sometimes)

Kyou

I went 3 for 5 on skill-ups with my first Wanzes. The game knows.

(Although it's given me 0 skill-ups on Mr. Prince books from this fortnight, so it gets confused sometimes)

*feeds 5 berry goods* SKILL UP SKILL UP *sockets* Orbs, Orb, x, x, Cooldown
*feeds 5 Shus* SKILL UP SKILL UP SKILL UP *sockets* Lock, Despair, Lock, Despair, x
Me: *throws phone*

RedBoot

*feeds 5 berry goods* SKILL UP SKILL UP *sockets* Orbs, Orb, x, x, Cooldown
*feeds 5 Shus* SKILL UP SKILL UP SKILL UP *sockets* Lock, Despair, Lock, Despair, x
Me: *throws phone*

I actually just fed 4 copies to Shu, Strawberry, and Very Good, and got 2, 2, and 1 skill up for each with decent sockets.

I guess I should totally start feeding my Momongas with that kind of luck!

(I won't, though)

I'm throwing in the towel for this raid for now. I was aiming for 50 copies of Momonga/Dalmation/Onigumo but settled for 45. I don't think I could do much more without risking my sanity. Results feeding the lesser vice-admirals went pretty well.

Berry Good - skill maxed; 5/5 cd, 5/5 orbs
Strawberry - 3 skill ups; 5/5 bind, 5/5 despair
Shuu - 4 skill ups; 4/5 bind, 5/5 auto-heal

Wow, Bandai pulled a real fast one in the announcements with the tagline "Getting turtles just got easier!" Here I thought we would be getting more regular turtle times. NOPE! They just decided to reduce the health of the turtles in the rushes for some reason.

Hana-Bi

Any legend Croc users out there who can help me decide on my sockets for an universal croc team?

I want to have bind/despair/cd/map/poison maxed. One orb socket should be enough and I want one heal socket because more and more bosses are using %damage preemtives or specials so Robins special would kill me.

I have all the rr units for the Croc/Heracles/Raid Kuma/Robin/Kalifa team and I want to socket them like this:

Croc captain: Bind/Despair/Map/Poison
Croc friend: Bind/Despair/CD/Orb (probably most of rhe Crocs are socket this way)
Heracles: Map/Poison/CD
Raid Kuma: Map/Poison/CD
Robin: Bind/Despair/CD/Heal
Kalifa: Bind/Despair/Map/Poison

I have a second Kalifa and want ro have Bind/Despair/CD/Heal for her. The reason I want Robin to have the heal socket is because she will be on any Croc team I can think of. Kalifa can be replaced and won't be needed on every Croc team (I can replace her with Monet or an additional orb booster).

What are your prefered sockets for a Croc team? The auto heal level 1 won't be that bad damage wise because I would only loose ~30k damage on the second turn.

bjork

A whole bar on story Jabra, and he teased me with a gold bag. But I got enough fodder dupes to finish the INT Knuckle Major's poison socket and got him to skill level 9... so yay?

what type is boosted next sugo?still STR?

Looks like it's DEX? "Every DEX and Striker character will join your crew at level 20!"

Hana-Bi

Finally Jabra dropped. :) Don't know which story units I really need to farm right now. I'll farm two Morias and then I could try to get Foxy and Oars.

Top Bottom