• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

RedBoot

Finally Jabra dropped. :) Don't know which story units I really need to farm right now. I'll farm two Morias and then I could try to get Foxy and Oars.

Oh right, Thriller Bark 2 is tonight. :p Time to farm a second Moria.

I think my priority list is going to be Perona, Oars, Moria, but that's mostly because I like Perona. Apparently Oars shows up three times in one of the stages? Shouldn't be too hard to farm.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I notice that whenever we get a new raid boss, it tends to return in a few weeks or less as part of a clash of clashes, unless there's a skill up event coinciding with the new raid.

Happened with everyone except Heracles, and he's explained by A. The skill up event fuck up which gave everyone (except me) double Heracles copies. And B. Being a less common raid in general. I think in Japan he tends to appear once for every 3 or so raid roster cycles.

I have 21/22 dupes for each of the 3 important buster call characters. I'd like to get that to 60. If I get rid of all of my turtles and evolvers I should be okay.

MiTYH

I know I should be farming story missions, but it's so easy to get Wanze FN done and I need so many skillbooks now (Koala, Hack, Kuma). And now a new story island tomorrow... hoping to breeze through it, might try for Moriah but mostly just gonna breeze through for the gems on a double drop, and worry about cleanup later. With the Clash next week, there goes all my stamina

Heng

For those who are comfortable with sharing: how much money have you spent on OPTC? Personally, I've spent maybe $55 through the combination of selling my JP account, Google opinion, and another app (one similar to Google opinion but it's rewarded monthly as opposed to instantly).

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Probably $400. I regret it completely, I've never got a single thing I needed when I spent money. A complete fucking loss.

Just need 1 more skill up for Koala, and I'll be doing Wanze's fortnight until I get it. Hopefully lady luck will be kind to me.

For those who are comfortable with sharing: how much money have you spent on OPTC? Personally, I've spent maybe $55 through the combination of selling my JP account, Google opinion, and another app (one similar to Google opinion but it's rewarded monthly as opposed to instantly).

I haven't spent any money at all on this or any other mobile game, and I think I can safely say that I won't ever do it.

bjork

Probably ~$50/month, if you averaged it. My mother used to be addicted to slot machines and I don't get into that, but my sad version is the tavern. Even worse now that the stupid icon glows in sugos.

Kyou

so my Clash of Clashes gameplan is:

Doffy/(Mihawk??): Don't need to bother, woo
Enel: Will try to farm, hopefully max Doffy will help
Aoikiji: Probably going to try to barely get 10 like last time
Buster call: Eh, natural stamina I guess. Maybe I'll do another dozen runs for an even 30 of each character

koryuken

Been playing for 520+ days... Probably $100 bucks a month habbit if aggregated. I have two young kids and don't have time to play PS4 these days, so OPTC is my vice lol. I only use purchased gems for pulls, and hoard natural gems for farming. Right now I am only missing two RR units in the game -- Legend Doffy and Corazon.

RedBoot

I only use purchased gems for pulls, and hoard natural gems for farming. Right now I am only missing two RR units in the game -- Legend Doffy and Corazon.

I actually do the opposite: I only purchase gems for box space upgrades and raid boss farming, while I use the natural/free gems for pulls.

I've probably spent $100-120 total. Not too bad, and I've been trying to avoid putting any more into it (but box space is just so useful).

Kyou

Oh, that's why you want Jabra. Maybe I should try and get him

*one run* Uhhhh I'm so sorry Bjork

USNA7WU.jpg

MiTYH

$1 Bob.

Honesty, that's it. Was done way back when to secure the account before social networking came about. I've felt the itch to spend more, but have resisted. Since playing (530 days? something like that) I've gotten Legend Lucci and Mihawk, so I'm pretty happy about that. Always want more though...

And when 50-gem multi pulls come out? I'll probably spend something if the 2nd anniversary rates are as good as Japan's were (Seems like every 50-pull got a legend almost)

Hana-Bi

Farmed 26 Koala books so far but only got three skill ups... So one skill up to go. Will farm five books and wait for a skill up event. But Koalas cooldown is so low that I doesn't really matter if I can max her. It should be at 14 or lower so that I can use her in a LL team with raid DOFFY.

Hana-Bi

I think the Elder turtles today only had 10 HP. So, unless they have different HP in the normal mon/fri ones, that would mean neither a Captain/FC Sengoku nor Dogguin's / Fullbody's skills are even needed. Just a Captain/FC Jabra doing 9 damage + one attacker hitting the elder.

Those turtles today are always super weak. Normal tt turtles have more HP.

Kyou

speaking of today's turtles, I saw the suggestion that you can suspend then quit to get another try at it

so you could just keep doing it until you get more elders from the first few stages

Those turtle toda,y are always super weak. Normal tt turtles have more HP.
I just looked it up and it seems the new HP values are:
Babies - 6 HP
Teens - 15 HP
Elders - 67 HP

That would explain the use of the 6-hit shooter fodder hitting the Teens.

A 2x Jabra team doing 18 dmg per turn w/ max CD Fullbody + Bizan Black ship would be nearly as fast for normal runs. It would only get slowed down when a secret stage Elder is encountered. I'll start putting Jabra up on TT days and hope others do the same.

Tidd

Global will never get the luck Japan has. ;__;

New Gold movie fortnight has Baccarat and she has the following captain ability:
Boosts attack by 1.2* and gives a chance to get an additional drop during a run
source

It's still random which drop you get twice but for turtle times or other islands like the sugofest ones, it's really great.

I just looked it up and it seems the new HP values are:
Babies - 6 HP
Teens - 15 HP
Elders - 67 HP

That would explain the use of the 6-hit shooter fodder hitting the Teens.

A 2x Jabra team doing 18 dmg per turn w/ max CD Fullbody + Bizan Black ship would be nearly as fast for normal runs. It would only get slowed down when a secret stage Elder is encountered. I'll start putting Jabra up on TT days and hope others do the same.

It seems like 2x Jabra isn't necessary or even the most efficient. A Jabra and a friend captain that reduces special cooldowns would be better, specfically Duval, Hack, or Rakuyo (Sengoku too but he only reduces by 2 instead of the aforementioned 3). Since you have to attack once to initiate the auto-damage anyway, using a 6-hit combo character to hit a teen for 6 would mean that Jabra's special does 9 more damage for the 15 total HP and then kills the rest of the wave. The cooldown reduction would mean Fullbody will be able to kill a secret elder right away unless he appears on the first or second stage in which case you would need to stall for 1 or 2 turns. Cooldown reduction sockets could potentially eliminate the need to stall at all. And then of course, Inuppe can clear the last wave on his own with his special which should always be charged when you get there using a 3 turn cd reduction captain. The Bizan Black ship isn't even needed.

A Jabra and a friend captain that reduces special cooldowns would be better, specfically Duval, Hack, or Rakuyo (Sengoku too but he only reduces by 2 instead of the aforementioned 3).
Hmmm, I actually have Duval, Hack AND Rakuyo but only used them as subs. I never realized they had 3 CD reduction captain abilities. If enough friends put one of them up (Duval would likely be the most plentyful), then I can keep Jabra up for others to use.

And then of course, Inuppe can clear the last wave on his own with his special which should always be charged when you get there using a 3 turn cd reduction captain. The Bizan Black ship isn't even needed.
Actually, the ship or CDR sockets would be required in order to blaze through the stage with no stalling. Inuppe's max CD is 8, which means that 4 CD needs to be reduced in order to have him ready upon entering stage 5.

Alas, I still have him at 11 CD so I can't run the most efficient team yet, :/. I hope Perona returns soon so that I can finish him off. His books are pretty plentiful, iirc.

RedBoot

Alas, I still have him at 11 CD so I can't run the most efficient team yet, :/. I hope Perona returns soon so that I can finish him off. His books are pretty plentiful, iirc.

His books drop like crazy in Perona's fortnight, I actually managed to skill max him (and Kumacy!) outside of a skill-up when I farmed ~45 Peronas.

(Of course, now that we have sockets, I have to farm her again)

Kyou

I regret not maxing Fullbody now

edit: And Dogpen is at 15 because I didnt even get him until the perona fn returned ;;

Actually, the ship or CDR sockets would be required in order to blaze through the stage with no stalling. Inuppe's max CD is 8, which means that 4 CD needs to be reduced in order to have him ready upon entering stage 5.

Eh, 1 cooldown socket is still easily doable. 5 points on my Duval and then 5 more on any of the extra crew members for level 1 cooldown reduction. The hardest part of this set up is probably going to be having enough friend captains who will be running Jabra or cd reducing captains that aren't Sengoku.

Heng

Killing Absalom with Log Luffy was interesting... Survived with only 1000 HP lol. I should probably read the chapter's title before choosing my team.

Kyou

Killing Absalom with Log Luffy was interesting... Survived with only 1000 HP lol. I should probably read the chapter's title before choosing my team.

yeah I'm using rayleigh, just kinda scraped by myself

This island is no joke

RedBoot

Calling it now. People will die to Perona. :p

They will, and I did. Twice. :p

Tried fixed damage the second time, no go. Got a Hollow Ghost to drop on that failed run too, so hopefully they aren't rare. I'll be farming Perona anyway so I'm sure I'll get another one later.

Absalom's going to be a pain to farm, too. Hogback's stage is also rough. Even died to Ryuma once when I managed to miss like three perfects in a row.

GaimeGuy

Perona almost took out my fully socketed double inthawk team. LOL

Thank God Usopp for God Usopp and auto-heal.

Hana-Bi

Okay, Kalifa socket farming could take a while. Thought she might drop quite often...

3 runs, 5 Kalifa encounters zero drops.

RedBoot

Well, the good news is, I got Oars. Dropped on the second encounter in stage 11. The bad news is, I had to gem twice to clear that stage. 20k damage is not fun. :(

Oh well, he's worth 2 gems. Although with three encounters, it shouldn't be too hard to get him (also, farm stage 10 instead). I had Absalom drop on stage 7 too, so I'm making good progress. Just got to get Perona and a second Moria (I guess I might try for Hogback too).

The final Moria fight is fun. Just barely won that one.

So I DID read it correctly as "MEET". Skipped it to fast to be sure.

There's a "Frankie" in there too, along with some questionable phrasing and grammar. I think the translators who handled Jaya did this one. :p

Kyou

Oh, right, Domino fortnight. I remember now.

Dear Domino,
Ezt3aYc.gif

I'll be waiting on Boa books

edit: Switched to Kalifa, finally giving my beautiful perfect baby boy G3 Luffy a workout. Dumb question but which Kalifa should I socket. Rare recruit QCK one, right?

Heng

Oh, right, Domino fortnight. I remember now.

Dear Domino,
Ezt3aYc.gif

I'll be waiting on Boa books

edit: Switched to Kalifa, finally giving my beautiful perfect baby boy G3 Luffy a workout. Dumb question but which Kalifa should I socket. Rare recruit QCK one, right?
Honestly I would socket the RR one, I've never actually used her once. Plus I think the QCK version has the better special.

Also Absalom can go die in a fire... Almost died to his blind the second time -___-

MiTYH

Wow, I underestimated Persona's Stage 2 form. Just brought my normal INTHawk team, got crushed 1 turn away. Wound up using Doffy/INTHawk, had enough HP to make it to the end, wound up KOing her easily after that

GaimeGuy

Wow, I underestimated Persona's Stage 2 form. Just brought my normal INTHawk team, got crushed 1 turn away. Wound up using Doffy/INTHawk, had enough HP to make it to the end, wound up KOing her easily after that
Yeah, I ran double inthawk, slasherdile, gpu, Doffy, koza, with max coffin boat, max sockets in bind/despair/CD/Auto-heal (and level 1 orbs), and it was close.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Gonna spend all the time ever workin' on QCK Khalifa.

Hana-Bi

Yeah, I won't run Moria island this week. Need to farm Kalifa sockets for one or two qck Kalifas and then farm Aokiji and Enel. No time and stamina for anything else...

Majukun

what team did you guys used for the last stage?
i'm looking at some teams but no one seems to be good for consistent farming

Top Bottom