• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Hana-Bi

Since I'm doing Kalifa way too much I still couldn't max socket my Paulie. I think he is 9/10 for over 20 copies now. :( My second Kalifa is now at 16/20 but I'll stop here for the day because my last five copies didn't get me a useful socket. Will try to max her during the Buster Call raid.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
How does legend aokiji's captain ability work?

"Boosts ATK of all characters by 2x and their HP by 1.25x. If you defeat an enemy, increases ATK boost slighty. Stacks up to 8 times to a maximum of 3.5x If you did not defeat an enemy, lose all ATK boost stacks."

Kyou

sweet, my rayleigh team works juuuuust fine. Probably going to shoot for 20 Aokijis or so. 60 stamina raids are so much more of a paint

RedBoot

How does legend aokiji's captain ability work?

"Boosts ATK of all characters by 2x and their HP by 1.25x. If you defeat an enemy, increases ATK boost slighty. Stacks up to 8 times to a maximum of 3.5x If you did not defeat an enemy, lose all ATK boost stacks."

You just get more ATK as you beat enemies in a turn. So if you beat one guy, you go up to something like 2.2x, then 2.4x, etc, all the way to 3.5x. As soon as you don't beat someone in a turn, it's back to 2x. Not sure if you can get 3 boosts in a turn if you beat 3 guys, or if it's just one per turn no matter how many you beat.

It's an interesting ability since it totally changes how you play. It's going to make stalling a very different process, as you won't be able to plink away at turtles for a bunch of turns. I suspect his record against raid bosses will be spotty, since he'll pretty much only be able to stall erratically until he gets to the boss, at which point he'll have to burst all in one turn.

On the other hand, he has the highest total attack boost for any team (since the Luffys only get their boosts on their last 3 characters), and he can include anyone since he's not bound by any class or type (though you'll probably end up with Strikers, Shooters, or QCK characters for the matching boosts). Should be a fun legend to try out.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
You just get more ATK as you beat enemies in a turn. So if you beat one guy, you go up to something like 2.2x, then 2.4x, etc, all the way to 3.5x. As soon as you don't beat someone in a turn, it's back to 2x. Not sure if you can get 3 boosts in a turn if you beat 3 guys, or if it's just one per turn no matter how many you beat.

It's an interesting ability since it totally changes how you play. It's going to make stalling a very different process, as you won't be able to plink away at turtles for a bunch of turns. I suspect his record against raid bosses will be spotty, since he'll pretty much only be able to stall erratically until he gets to the boss, at which point he'll have to burst all in one turn.

On the other hand, he has the highest total attack boost for any team (since the Luffys only get their boosts on their last 3 characters), and he can include anyone since he's not bound by any class or type (though you'll probably end up with Strikers, Shooters, or QCK characters for the matching boosts). Should be a fun legend to try out.

How can it stack up to 8 times? since when can you even face off against 8 enemies in a turn?

Shackzam

How can it stack up to 8 times? since when can you even face off against 8 enemies in a turn?

I think it stacks throughout the run of that fortnight or raid. So it'd seem like you'd have to one shot each stage if you wanted any sort of boost on raids. But I'm not sure if I'm mis interpreting what his ability could be doing

The biggest enemy against Aokiji raid is the auto/manual targeting. Especially on stage 2.

Both manual and auto-targeting love the lobster. You'll kill everyone but a single marine with a 1 turn cooldown and the lobster and the damn thing always decides to target the lobster. You either react quick enough to save yourself or you tap the marine and mess up your chain because you weren't expecting it to target the lobster. I lost my 2nd run to this today.

Overall my runs went much better since I was able to get lvl 1 despair and lvl 2 bind. I had to find Rayleigh friends with 1 point in despair to pull it off but that made double Rayleigh infinitely easier than Ray/WB that I had been running before.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Damn. Gumi really thinks global players are idiots.

The price for the new bundles are just plain ridiculous.

0.99 for 25 energy bottle

6.99 for common awakening materials (5 heaven ash, 10 beast meat, 10 allure powder)

11.99 for common acc (headband, black choker, star pendant, silver glasses)

24.99 for basic abilities (hp, mp, atk, mag, def, spr +10%)
Damn.

MiTYH

Maaaan, one of these days I'll get a good Aokiji team. I've never had strong PSY units, and still haven't beaten 60-stamina version (gotten him to drop on 40 with a G3 team, but I HATE G3 teams).

Think I'll sit the rest of today out for him, Didn't even get one copy for two 60-attempts (one Enel team, one PSY team, from reddit). I'll get stamina and farm Buster Call tonight, try to get max skillups in the upcoming event to hopefully never run that again. or at least get Monomoga at a better level for the next Aokiji comeback.

Hana-Bi

What I noticed is that for a SW Shanks team against Aokiji you'll need cd socket level one to be safe. Stage 1 and 2 could give you only two stalling turns and you'll have 8 turns until you need the specials to kill Aokiji.

You could stall on the turtle and take a hit but since you get more psy orbs this couldn't work out. Luckily I have many friends with almost or even maxed SW Shanks sockets.

I'll bother with Aokiji until I get a team functional for him aside from Log Luffy.

Not really feeling like taking on the enemy named "autotarget" with a timing based team.

RedBoot

Ah right....

Well, luckily, one of the new WB Commander sugo units (Haruta) has the same drop duplication ability as Baccarat (and with better attack boosts, too). Of course, it sucks that Japan gets the ability through a fortnight while we're currently stuck with it being RR-only.

(And hey, with our current sugo pace, we should have WB Commanders 3 in, oh, a week or so :p )

According to Reddit, here's the upcoming returning fortnight schedule for Global:

8/2: Young Arlong, Buggy (Breed Week 1)
8/9: Young Vivi/Koza, Kuro (Breed Week 2)
8/16: Noland, Alvida (Presumably Nami/Lola Week 1)
8/23: Camie, Franky (Nami/Lola Week 2)
8/30: Gan Fall, Smoker (Presumably Tom's Workers Week 1)

Next two weeks will be rough. I need more Young Arlongs and Sengoku skill books, but I also want to get a lot of Breeds, so I'll have to alternate all through the next couple weeks.

I also plan to farm Bride Nami a lot (gonna try and do some Sengoku teams with her and Zambai), so luckily there's not a lot I need over those two weeks.

I want to get sockets for my Kimono Tashigi, so I hope we do get Tom's Workers there since there's nothing I need in that fortnight.

MiTYH

Well, luckily, one of the new WB Commander sugo units (Haruta) has the same drop duplication ability as Baccarat (and with better attack boosts, too). Of course, it sucks that Japan gets the ability through a fortnight while we're currently stuck with it being RR-only.

(And hey, with our current sugo pace, we should have WB Commanders 3 in, oh, a week or so :p )

According to Reddit, here's the upcoming returning fortnight schedule for Global:

Next two weeks will be rough. I need more Young Arlongs and Sengoku skill books, but I also want to get a lot of Breeds, so I'll have to alternate all through the next couple weeks.

I also plan to farm Bride Nami a lot (gonna try and do some Sengoku teams with her and Zambai), so luckily there's not a lot I need over those two weeks.

I want to get sockets for my Kimono Tashigi, so I hope we do get Tom's Workers there since there's nothing I need in that fortnight.

That's a nice list. I think I'm one or two skillups away from Young Arlong being Max, so that's a good comeback. I need some more nolands, maybe Franky.

What I REALLY want is Lucci. Bring him back!

Tidd

I forget to check the new batch. Great to know that we could get the ability this way.

Law + Blenheim could be a nice combination for the future. You don't need Apoo and still get beneficial orbs.
Haruta could be great for Slasher/Cerebral teams depending on her cooldown. But sucks that she's another INT slasher...
Others are ok but nothing special.

Still no Lucci? :( I believe I pulled him when the batch was released and he was just a normal gold poster. (Ruined my Legend HYPE moment)
Oh and GPU books during the skill up week!!! Too bad the drop rate is soooo bad.

RedBoot

Lucci has a good shot at returning in September, since we're seeing a lot of the fortnights around it (Kalifa, Franky). Bandai's following the original release pattern to some extent, just hopping around to keep things interesting. They're also sticking the original fortnights in there (like Kuro, Alvida, etc) since they updated those with pigs.

Kyou

I wish we had something better during skill up week but oh well

Kuro is good for new players(gp usopp books)

Heng

Damn I wish Young Arlong and Young Vivi/Koza would appear with Nami/Lola... I don't plan on maxing them out. :/

Hopefully we do get Tom workers in 5 weeks, I really want to max LL. Do you think they'll remove his book since he's no longer obtainable? That would really fuck so many people over. >.>

RedBoot

Hopefully we do get Tom workers in 5 weeks, I really want to max LL. Do you think they'll remove his book since he's no longer obtainable? That would really fuck so many people over. >.>

I'm guessing they'll just replace it with the new Luffy's books and have them work for both forms.

I wish we had something better during skill up week but oh well

Kuro is good for new players(gp usopp books)

Considering we get two raids a week now if we'e lucky we'll get some of the newer raids like Duval during the skillup week.

Personally I'm just gonna farm Y.Arlong for 10-20 copies in the week before the skill up event & focus on breed during the event, as the alterantive islands kinda suck.

Kyou

Considering we get two raids a week now if we'e lucky we'll get some of the newer raids like Duval during the skillup week.

Personally I'm just gonna farm Y.Arlong for 10-20 copies in the week before the skill up event & focus on breed during the event, as the alterantive islands kinda suck.

My dream week for skill up is Duval and Enel. First one next week is Mihawk so so far so good

edit: Also good plan, I think I'll follow suit. Vivi FN only has like Doma and Koza books that I'd need and it'd only be a couple at that.

Kyou

fucking fuck, my rayleigh team may be able to beat aokiji but one slipup and I'm dead. I'm getting tired of dying. I guess this isnt the time I grind him...

edit: Made the small change of switching out Bonclay for Rakuyo. I lose a level in lock resistance, but that doesnt matter too much because it's really only one turn against Aokiji that I'll have a unit locked, the other two I can Rayleigh the lock off him. I decided to remove Bonclay because having full psy orbs was kind of useless, as I really only need 3. All I need from garp is a single yellow orb and then I can use Rakuyo and move orbs around with Doffy who I need to use anyway. Plus the added strength of Rakuyo vs Bonclay A) makes up for the one turn of lock, B) gets Aokiji much further down in HP before I burst leaving me room to mess up and most importantly C) helps me kill everything in stage 3 in one turn because FUCK THAT STAGE HOLY SHIT

Kyou

my dream quality of life update to the game would be some kind of "Tap and hold, then draw" system of determining the order things are attacked in.

It's always so frustrating when you need to manually switch targets but the camera swings up and it's actually impossible to tap on what you need to hit

RedBoot

I'm actually really curious what the algorithm/logic behind the auto target system actually is (and if their designers can actually adjust it on a quest-by-quest basis). Sometimes it favors boosters/evolvers over all else, sometimes it does the opposite, etc. At the very least it is consistent within a given situation (ex. if you tap on the Sea Stallion in Doffy stage 4, it will always go through the other 5 HP mobs in the same order, leaving the INT one for last).

At any rate, they have little incentive to make it easier for us. I suspect it's intended to add difficulty, particularly on raids.

bjork

I guess I must've just gemmed to beat Aokiji when he was through the first time, because I've whiffed like 6-7x today, on the 40. Had bad luck on Doflamingo too, as far as drops on the 40 (don't think I have a team to do him on 60, still).

With my Crows game closing in a couple of days, I'm thinking about just taking a break from phone games entirely. Maybe I'll try and sell my account. idk yet.

Kyou

I'm at 62 Aokiji right now. Will try to get 80 today. Only died twice so it went really well.
Out of curiosity are you gemming pretty hard? I hit 10 and I'm calling it quits mostly because I don't want to end this event totally broke again.

Hana-Bi

Out of curiosity are you gemming pretty hard? I hit 10 and I'm calling it quits mostly because I don't want to end this event totally broke again.

Well, yeah. I get three runs out of one gem so with natural stamina I used almost 20 gems today.

Since I pulled way too much on the last sugos this is a better way to waste gems. Those 20 gems could get me 4 Miss Goldenweeks. ;)

And I didn't farm Aokiji, Enel, MC, Buster Call and Duval at all. With the coming skill level up event it's worth it to get as much Aokiji and Enel copies as possible. I want to have 80 copies each but I don't know how fast I can clear Enel raid.

Turtle times are a joke now. If people would use Duval over Sengoku I'd be able to use Inuppe's skill right away on the last wave otherwise I just have to attack once. It's still ridiculously fast. It's down from something like 2+ minutes per run to about 40 seconds.

Hana-Bi

Turtle times are a joke now. If people would use Duval over Sengoku I'd be able to use Inuppe's skill right away on the last wave otherwise I just have to attack once. It's still ridiculously fast. It's down from something like 2+ minutes per run to about 40 seconds.

What team are you using? With 3x leads I'll get about 22-24 runs in 30 minutes done, so I don't know if it would be that much faster.

What team are you using? With 3x leads I'll get about 22-24 runs in 30 minutes done, so I don't know if it would be that much faster.

The new turtles update significantly cut their HP so ideal teams would look like ths:

GzbuCXs.jpg

The Bezan Black reduces cooldowns by 1. And Hatchi and Kuroobi are there because they have a 6 hit combo and both have 5/5 cd sockets. I made a mistake earlier saying I would need to stall 1 extra turn for Inuppe's skill to be up, I had just forgotten to include Kuroobi on my team to get my lvl 1 cooldown. The only difference having Duval over Sengoku, if you have lvl 1 sockets, would mean that if you encountered an elder on the first stage your Fullbody special would be available to use right away.

Your team should look like this when you start a round:

The only thing you have to do is hit the teen turtles in waves 2-4 with a 6 hit combo character. This will allow Jabra's captain ability, which is to do 9 damage to all enemies after attacking, to kill them and the baby turtles immediately since they now have 15 total HP. Inuppe is there to kill the last wave instantly and Fullbody is there incase you run into a secret elder.

Heng

What team? RNG friendly?
Coffin ship + Doflamingo (captain), Mihawk x2, Marco, law, and GP Usopp. You should have close to 40k health.

Stall as much as you can, use Marco when you're low. Use GP Usopp whenever you're ready to burst him down (he should be near 50%, but not lower or else he'll half your health), and all the others characters as well. This should be RNG safe since you can keep resetting until Law gives you the orbs you need. I'll try to find a video guide for you.

Edit: I could not find the video with Marco in it (I know I posted it back in the first OT) so here are 2 without Doflamingo's special:

Doffy + 2x Mihawk + Usopp + H. Zoro + Law
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2UjMA-ZF1MI

Doffy + 2x Mihawk + Usopp + Mr. 3 + Law
https://youtu.be/yIrcGBuwAKc

Here's one with a g3 team, I may try this one out but with LL instead:
https://youtu.be/rrtJs3Wjlvc

LL team with some of the same characters (has legend Doffy but you can switch to raid Doffy):
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6RLytWostd8

Top Bottom