• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Would you gem for Mihawk any other day? If you say yes, then you should definitely gem today.

I usually don't bother since I'll eventually max it out. The raids aren't like what they use to be; a rare event that came once a month. And as you said, it's just sockets. How vital are the sockets for clearing other raids/FN?

I actually never gem for raids unless I'm doing someone like Doffy & I'm exactly 3-4 runs away from a level up.

But yeah unless a fully socketed Inthawk is essential for something a Log Luffy team can't clear, I don't mind waiting.

I don't remember anyone ever calling inthawk sockets essential for raid x, y or z.

MiTYH

I guess I'll start working on my second MIhawk? 6k exp for 20 stamina seems like a no brainer. Plus I'm tired of Breed -- fed 10 copies, no skillups. I'm tired of that rate, and I don't have Sengoku for him to be useful anyway
watch me pull him

EDIT: Man, it is satisfying bursting through Mihawk's stage. I still use my classic G3 team (G3/G3/Arlong/Vista/Alvidia/GP). I can run it 7 times per stamina refresh, which is amazing. Can't wait for later this week to get those that I really need.

Also, any new INTHawkers, be sure to friend me! I always need more friends, and hopefully you cna all get the sockets you need (aka autoheal)

SECOND EDIT: 8 Mihawks fed, 2 special ups, and only one autoheal socket. But I just got a free refill so back into the abyss I go!

RedBoot

After around 20 Sand Sand runs, I've gotten 6 Sengoku books (used 5, got 1 level. I got 3 levels from 4 books for Chaka right before it) and 10 Doma books. Only keeping track of Doma since you tend to get Sengoku and Doma books on the same stages.

Anyone know the third enemy that can drop Sengoku books? I know Vivi drops them on the boss stage, and the PSY Dreadlocked Shooter drops them on the third stage. I'm guessing it's the QCK Blue giants in stage 6 who drop them, since I've gotten Doma books from the PSY Giants in the same stage. Out of 15 runs this morning, I got the blue Giants twice and the yellow Giants 13 times. :(

Hana-Bi

My Mihawk farming is kinda crazy. First 10 copies 5 skill ups and 2 auto heal sockets. Next ten copies 0 skill ups and 3 auto heal sockets...

RedBoot

using the sugofest simulator surely lowers your expectation about a sugo..now i don't even know if i wanna pull :/

I know I'm going to pull...the question is whether I want to do around 3-4 pulls, or do a multipull. I'd likely have to buy gems for the latter. I'm actually going to go through the boosted units later to see exactly what I have a chance at, as I know there's at least a few who would make a multipull "worth it" by themselves (particularly 3D2Y Zoro, 3D2Y Robin, Diamante, Trebol, or Caesar).

I do honestly think this is the best sugo Global's ever seen, and probably second overall (to Japan's 2nd anniversary sugo). Doubling the legend rate is pretty amazing. The pool of new units is decent (Kyros, Leo, and Mansherry are probably the highlights), but boosted Driven units (combined with the fact that most people likely don't have a lot of the recent new units anyway) helps.

If you want new units and legends, it's a good sugo. If you don't want to focus on legends, you might be better off waiting for a stronger set of new units (3D2Y 2, for instance).

Kyou

I think I'll wait and see how other people's pulls look

I barely have any of the last few sugo units so my pool of new characters is getting sizeable again

MiTYH

9 more Mihawks, got 4 skillups and 0 Autoheal sockets.

Took a look and he's only Skillup 7, which is turn 26! Holy hell, I do not enjoy this, and is probably the main reason I would never reroll an account. This is painful. Happy new players can finally max him, or get close, but wow, it's just... a struggle.

chrono01

My Mihawk is already skill-maxed, but he only has one Bind socket. Not sure if it's worth gemming just for sockets, since they can be fed at any time, and I'd rather keep my gems for Garp/Doflamingo/etc., who I need to both socket AND skill-up.

Speaking of sockets, is it still recommended for Mihawk to have Bind, or has it changed to Auto-Heal? I'm only one socket in, so if I'm going to change it'd be nice to do it now. I'm not sure how much the meta has changed since I last played.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Are Tilestone books supposed to be this rare? I've gotten more SW ace books...

I don't think so :p

2016-08-1023_45_32-bl7xs4l.png

Guess i will try to get him now.

Heng

Speaking of sockets, is it still recommended for Mihawk to have Bind, or has it changed to Auto-Heal? I'm only one socket in, so if I'm going to change it'd be nice to do it now. I'm not sure how much the meta has changed since I last played.
Depends, when you use Mihawk, why do you bring him over other characters? If you bring him for his special, I'd recommend CD. Do you bring him for your slasher team? Fill his socket with whatever you're missing on that team. Auto heal might be nice because the coffin ship kills your recovery.

I don't use him enough to justify spending a gem, nor do P-lvl matters to me because I have too much stamina already and it feels like a chore just to use it all. It's a great way to gain P-lvls though, so if you're interested in that, you may want to invest some gems during this event.

Edit: I can't get a CD reduction to save my life... Maybe farming Koza slots would be a better way to spend my stamina but I rarely use him as well...

I replaced the orb socket on my IntHawk with auto-heal. I needed 4 points in auto-heal going into today and it took over 26 runs to get there. At least they were fast fights. On the bright side I got 3 more rainbow robber penguins off of the 30 or so left over stamina from the farm.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
My Mihawk is already skill-maxed, but he only has one Bind socket. Not sure if it's worth gemming just for sockets, since they can be fed at any time, and I'd rather keep my gems for Garp/Doflamingo/etc., who I need to both socket AND skill-up.

From what I can tell, the Japanese meta has sort of shifted to making auto heal a top priority in most cases, especially for slashers due to the Coffin Boat. I already had one Mihawk with Bind resist, but I decided to make an auto heal one with this event.

For 20 stamina, it's a really good amount of xp and turtles. Normally I wouldn't gem for sockets alone, but at half stamina, it's not a bad deal at all.

chrono01

Depends, when you use Mihawk, why do you bring him over other characters? If you bring him for his special, I'd recommend CD. Do you bring him for your slasher team? Fill his socket with whatever you're missing on that team. Auto heal might be nice because the coffin ship kills your recovery.

I don't use him enough to justify spending a gem, nor do P-lvl matters to me because I have too much stamina already and it feels like a chore just to use it all. It's a great way to gain P-lvls though, so if you're interested in that, you may want to invest some gems during this event.

Edit: I can't get a CD reduction to save my life... Maybe farming Koza slots would be a better way to spend my stamina but I rarely use him as well...

From what I can tell, the Japanese meta has sort of shifted to making auto heal a top priority in most cases, especially for slashers due to the Coffin Boat. I already had one Mihawk with Bind resist, but I decided to make an auto heal one with this event.

For 20 stamina, it's a really good amount of xp and turtles. Normally I wouldn't gem for sockets alone, but at half stamina, it's not a bad deal at all.
Thanks, you two.

I think I'll take advantage of this 1/2 stamina + skill-up event, and work on a second Mihawk with Auto-Heal. I might as well, since I'm guessing it'll be a long time (if ever) we'll receive this combination of events.

RedBoot

If anyone's interested, here are the double-boosted units for this sugo:

-Cabin Boy Helmeppo
-Gecko Moria (4 and 5 *)
-Curiel (4 and 5 *)
-Whitey Bay (4 and 5 *)
-Trebol (4 and 5 *)

Single boosted Driven units:

-Cabin Boy Coby, all 3 Story Zoros, SWS and LS Zoro, Kid, Rakuyo, Fossa, Caesar, Jora, Lao-G, 3D2Y Zoro, Gladius, Diamante, Funk Bros

Trebol's the only double boosted unit I'm missing, so I guess I have a high chance of dupes there.

MiTYH

For 20 stamina, it's a really good amount of xp and turtles.

I agree with this. At rank 250ish, I leveled up this morning, and have been farming Mihawk with natural stamina (and one free refill). Already over halfway to the next level. MC tomorrow should get me there, and maybe FINALLY max my first one's special.

No interest in Garp though.

koryuken

If anyone's interested, here are the double-boosted units for this sugo:

-Cabin Boy Helmeppo
-Gecko Moria (4 and 5 *)
-Curiel (4 and 5 *)
-Whitey Bay (4 and 5 *)
-Trebol (4 and 5 *)

Single boosted Driven units:

-Cabin Boy Coby, all 3 Story Zoros, SWS and LS Zoro, Kid, Rakuyo, Fossa, Caesar, Jora, Lao-G, 3D2Y Zoro, Gladius, Diamante, Funk Bros

Trebol's the only double boosted unit I'm missing, so I guess I have a high chance of dupes there.

You forgot Fujitora for triple boosted :)

My 2nd Usopp needed a 1 more skill up so I decided to farm for books. It took 1 and half stamina bars to finally get 1 book to drop. Thankfully, somehow it was all I needed to get that one skill up. I would have probably gone mad otherwise.

RedBoot

You forgot Fujitora for triple boosted :)

Yeah, left the legends and INT units off since they're a little easier to remember.

Fuji's triple boosted, and Barto, Doffy, Mihawk, and Rayleigh are single boosted. I'd be happy with any of those. :p

As a side note, it's a great time to pull Legend Doffy since you'll be able to socket him a couple days later. It's a bad time to pull Mihawk since you would have just missed a chance to socket him (bad in a relative sense, anyway. Nobody's going to be sad to pull Mihawk if they don't have him).

Heng

Reading this thread only works to make me feel bad, Im only at the baratie
I know it can be discouraging reading some of the posts here since it feels like you're so far behind, but hang in there. I would recommend farming fortnights to get your P-lvl up as high as you can and should only do story mode when it's 1/2 stamina. Obviously it's up to you how you want to play this game, but I do think this way is the fastest way to catch up to us.

Just curious, what does your box look like? Are you capable of clearing 5/10/15/30 stamina fortnights? Could you link us your character box? If you do, please hide your name/beli/P-lvl/rainbow gems. Your account can be compromised if your info is out there.

Thank you based legend Marco on my friend list.

First time running chopper with some piecemeal qck team and he drops.
Congrats dude!

I spent 4 gems to farm IntMihawk sockets. I didn't complete them, but I came close: 5 Anti-Lock, 5 Anti-Despair, 5 CD, 2 Auto-Heal.

Hopefully, I can finish off the last 4 skill ups I need on Chopper without using more gems.

chrono01

What are some fast and reliable teams for MC farming?
I've been doing Double Jozu (Jabra, Ace, Halloween Zoro, and GP Usopp) and it's safe, but not the fastest. :/

I might try Log Luffy with a few of my strongest Quick members and see how that goes.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Any combination of Enel, Boa, and Marco captains are probably safest, I think. Put a few heavy QCK hitters or orb manipulators, then Doffy and GPU. You should be able to one shot burst Monster Chopper.

I'm currently using:
Enel/Boa, DJ Sanji, Enel, Doflamingo, GPU

As long as my Doffy, Enel, and Boa specials are up, and I have two QCK orbs, I'm guaranteed to kill Monster Chopper on turn 1. I only use DJ Sanji to preserve farmed QCK orbs and clearing Stage 4.

I've been doing Double Jozu (Jabra, Ace, Halloween Zoro, and GP Usopp) and it's safe, but not the fastest. :/

I might try Log Luffy with a few of my strongest Quick members and see how that goes.

Log Luffy is probably faster overall, I'd think. Still, as long as something's foolproof against me messing up, I don't mind taking some extra time to do it.

Heng

Log Luffy works great, 3 of your strongest QCK units plus Usopp makes it a joke. I don't think you even need to stall for GPU CD, since he skips the first hit. You will need at least 1 bind if you're planing to rush him down though.

I don't remember seeing this posted here (if I did, my bad) but apparently if you link your account to FB/Twitter, you'll receive 5 gems and 1 of every princess turtle. So no more having to deal with the issue PW!

Kyou

Log Luffy works great, 3 of your strongest QCK units plus Usopp makes it a joke. I don't think you even need to stall for GPU CD, since he skips the first hit. You will need at least 1 bind if you're planing to rush him down though.

I don't remember seeing this posted here (if I did, my bad) but apparently if you link your account to FB/Twitter, you'll receive 5 gems and 1 of every princess turtle. So no more having to deal with the issue PW!
Hah, I backed up this morning after putting it off so long

chrono01

Log Luffy is probably faster overall, I'd think. Still, as long as something's foolproof against me messing up, I don't mind taking some extra time to do it.
Yeah, it's nice to go the safe route (even with it being 1/2 stamina), so as not to waste stamina if you mess up. I think I might try Log Luffy though, just to see how it goes. He hasn't failed me yet. :)

Thanks man, I'll give it a try!

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Yeah, it's nice to go the safe route (even with it being 1/2 stamina), so as not to waste stamina if you mess up. I think I might try Log Luffy though, just to see how it goes. He hasn't failed me yet. :)

I don't get to use Boa often as a captain either, so it's a nice change of pace!

Hana-Bi

Any combination of Enel, Boa, and Marco captains are probably safest, I think. Put a few heavy QCK hitters or orb manipulators, then Doffy and GPU. You should be able to one shot burst Monster Chopper.

I'm currently using:
Enel/Boa, DJ Sanji, Enel, Doflamingo, GPU

As long as my Doffy, Enel, and Boa specials are up, and I have two QCK orbs, I'm guaranteed to kill Monster Chopper on turn 1. I only use DJ Sanji to preserve farmed QCK orbs and clearing Stage 4.

Tried a similar team but somehow had too much total health so that the Enel special and Boas special didn't work together. Will try it out. Thanks. :)

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Tried a similar team but somehow had too much total health so that the Enel special and Boas special didn't work together. Will try it out. Thanks. :)

I do have some cotton candies on Boa. Also my team might have HP on the lower side. Double Enel probably works just as well considering how overkill this burst is.

If I had Boa I'd use her, just so I can get some eye candy while I grind out Monster Chopper copies. <3

Yeah, she's great! Really underappreciated. I get to use her a lot as a sub. I'm hopeful she gets a buff in the future, maybe via the sailor abilities since she's already such a good sub.

Hana-Bi

I do have some cotton candies on Boa. Also my team might have HP on the lower side. Double Enel probably works just as well considering how overkill this burst is.

My Boa don't have 100 rcv candies but it works with Kalifa instead of Sanji (just for the sockets) and I'm using Sunnys special to kill the mobs on stage 4. Tried double Enel and it works just as good.

I'm using Enel/Iva/Kalifa/GP/Doffy for level 5 auto heal ;) and level 2 cd.

chrono01

Is there any way to farm rainbow gems without buying them?
Unfortunately, no.

You get one-a-day, just for logging in (sometimes more than that), and the odd mission or ranking reward (not to mention, for completing story quests). The game, as a whole, is pretty giving, you just have to limit when you spend.

MANUELF

Banned
Unfortunately, no.

You get one-a-day, just for logging in (sometimes more than that), and the odd mission or ranking reward (not to mention, for completing story quests). The game, as a whole, is pretty giving, you just have to limit when you spend.

Thanks, another question, what is RCV?

Top Bottom