• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

It feels really good to be maxing out raid bosses after only having Mihawk maxed for so long

now I've got Mihawk, Doffy, Garp, Iva and Chopper done. Heracles is next and Duval and Blackbeard are close.

I finished Iva today and it was, indeed, a fantastic feeling.

I'm happy with my current progress:
- Garp: Max Special. 5 Anti-Lock / 5 Anti-Depair.
- Blackbeard: Max Special. 5 Anti-Lock / 5 Orb.
- Hera: Max Special. 5 CD / 5 Auto-Heal / 5 Orb.
- Iva: Max Special. 5 Anti-Lock / 5 Anti-Depair / 5 CD / 5 Auto-Heal.
- RaidHawk: Max Special. 3 Orb (May change the socket later).
- IntHawk: 5 Anti-Lock / 5 Anti-Silence / 5 CD / 2 Auto-Heal. (All from this week. :D )
- Doffy: +200 Candies. Max Special. 5 Anti-Despair / 3 Orb.
- Chopper: 2 Skill Ups to go. 5 CD / 5 Orb.

The rest are going to take some time. Duval's is the closest, although he still has a bit to go. Enel, Aokiji and Buster Call units are super long-term goals.
- Duval: Needs 7 Skill Ups and 7 more sockets.
- Enel: Needs 11 Skill Ups and 10 more sockets.
- Aokiji: needs 11 Skill Ups and 11 more sockets.
- All of the Buster Call units only got 1 or 2 Skill Ups and barely any useful sockets.

Majukun

Sorry that I'm slightly off topic but would I see spoilers if I play One Piece Unlimited World Red? I'm at the Dressrosa arc.

didn't play red but it seem to have its own story anyway, but no videogame at the moment treats the events after dressrosa..pirate warriors 3 stops following the story of the manga halfway through the dressrosa part and it basically completes it without following the manga, burning blood has several characters from that arc,including some spoilers with the tecniques..so if spoilery or not it depends on where you are on the dressrosa arc,it's quite long,but ultimate world red seem to just loosely treat the punk hazard arc
Well, I almost max socketed my intvankov

5 Bind
4 Despair
5 Orbs
5 auto-heal

wanted this but no auto heal orbs showed up..had to go with lock-despair-orbs and cd reduction...makes it less useful for training islands,but more useful for anything else

Hana-Bi

Made two more multipulls. Red poster. Boa dupe... My second legend dupe after Whitebeard...

At least I got Sugar (wanted her really bad since I have all the members for a KO team) and the Funk brothers but I don't know if those are any good.

Majukun

this game...first gives you hope for your "farming breed" achievement by giving you a snail stamina refill..then it proceeds to give you a chest insetad of breed in every single run you made with that refill -_-

Hana-Bi

this game...first gives you hope for your "farming breed" achievement by giving you a snail stamina refill..then it proceeds to give you a chest insetad of breed in every single run you made with that refill -_-
Yeah, the drop rates are quite low. Luckily I could max skill him with rather few copies and I max socket cd and orb already, heal is at 3/5.

But with the low drop rates it's fascinating how low the drop rate of SW Ace books is. I max skilled every unit except for Octupus Boxer (needs three more skill up) and only got 9 Ace copies. Since I don't have Ace it doesn't really matter but SW Shanks skill books farming seemed way better.

Majukun

Yeah, the drop rates are quite low. Luckily I could max skill him with rather few copies and I max socket cd and orb already, heal is at 3/5.

But with the low drop rates it's fascinating how low the drop rate of SW Ace books is. I max skilled every unit except for Octupus Boxer (needs three more skill up) and only got 9 Ace copies. Since I don't have Ace it doesn't really matter but SW Shanks skill books farming seemed way better.

i dedicated the first week to farming rakuyo and fossa's books at the young arlong fortnight,so i'm quite behind with all the units exept the blue sea lapin that is already maxxed...depending on how many gems heracles'n take s me i might consider gemming to fiish breed that i heard it's quite good,but with this kind of droprate it's not really that inviting

Kyou

Breed FN's droprates are bananas

Still have gotten more SW Ace books than Tilestone books. With... four.

Only a half dozen breeds, and regular Ace books for daaaaaaaaaays

bjork

Congrats to Maju, Fujitora looks like a super good unit. Awesome attack animation and special, too.

It's been a slow week for me, I got 3 skill-ups on SW Ace, but I think he only takes 6 so I'm almost there? Also finished my sockets on Koza, Log Vivi, Monster Chopper, and I think that's it. No max skills on any raid boss except Mihawk still, but I did make efforts to do so on Chopper and Garp. Gonna try and go in deep on Doflamingo to at least get his special down to 20 (it's currently at 26) and finish his sockets, but I pulled the Legend Doflamingo so I might just work on him instead?

I haven't posted much as I've been at a campsite, have Wifi to play the game but don't feel like getting my laptop out all the time for forum posting etc.

just a few notes.

1. I was a bit salty over no legendary, but am happy to read Maju of all people got Fujitora. I've been rooting for you to get a legend more than anyone else at this point, including myself. So super happy when I saw your post!

2. I maxed GARP using 1 gem, which I quickly regained by using the stamina I had left to do that vivi/koza event (cleared it instantly with a super OP inthawk team)

inthawk/inthawk
doffy/whitey
godsopp/koza for 3 damage boosts at the same time.

3. I maxed quick ace, which is an achievement simply cause he must be one of my biggest book devourers without skill ups in the game. Which is just hilarious when it happens to units with specials that just straight up suck. :D

I haven't really farmed breed much, but by the sound of his drop rates it sounds like I'm not missing much ...

Kinda scratching my head over Heracles'N though ... Mine is only like level 2 atm so I'm not sure if I want to spend a ton of gems trying to max him ...

I might aim to get him at least under 20 turns, which would be 4 skill ups.

Hana-Bi

Will farm a second Heracles for my Croc team. I think a BB team should be the fastest team. With BB/LL/MC/WB/Oars I get over 166k health. Should be enough to take some hits during the stages. :D

And with my second legend dupe I hope we get some interesting units in the Rayleigh shop. Was really sad to see my second Boa...

Kyou

I need to remember what my Hera team was

I think it was just some kind of basic Ray/Ray int team

edit: *looks up when heracles was* *goes back in topic*

My Rayleigh team is: Rayleigh x 2, Slasher Croc, Robin, Mr. 3, Usopp

hooray for always posting teams

I need to remember what my Hera team was

I think it was just some kind of basic Ray/Ray int team

edit: *looks up when heracles was* *goes back in topic*

hooray for always posting teams

I have a little text file where I put my raid teamsteams for each boss.

Ironically this week I've been finetuning/replacing my teams.

Monster Chopper I used to take on with a slow, campy Enel team; I swapped to Double Log luffy + quick hitters.

Garp I used to take on with a dexhawk stall team dex/dex 2x int hitters +alvida/smoker.

Alvida/smoker I've swapped out for nico robin & mr.1nt as they increase the damage so drastically I no longer need to defend against his "final" attack.
and until we get a second version of garp I no longer need to farm him as he's maxed...!

Ivankov I used to take on with a double asura zoro dex team; I swapped that for a double Doffy slasher burst team. (this allows for law/apoo, 6 green orbs + doffy makes mince meat out of ivankov)

I might re-examine my team for Heracles'N tomorrow, but iirc I had something fairly sound for him anyway.

Kyou

Sorry, incoming vent:

god this breed event, I cannot remember a fortnight where you could have this fucking little to show for it after each run. It's so incredibly frustrating. It feels like turtles and pigs are cranked up to a 90% droprate and then 75% of those are cola.

15 runs, ONE tilestone book. Like four Inazuma. I think two Breeds?? Skill ups? You bet your ass not!

ihatebreed.jpg
K0Pj1Cy.png

chrono01

Sorry, incoming vent:

god this breed event, I cannot remember a fortnight where you could have this fucking little to show for it after each run. It's so incredibly frustrating. It feels like turtles and pigs are cranked up to a 90% droprate and then 75% of those are cola.

15 runs, ONE tilestone book. Like four Inazuma. I think two Breeds?? Skill ups? You bet your ass not!

ihatebreed.jpg
This island breeds hatred and despair.

Heng

Sorry, incoming vent:

ihatebreed.jpg
It's the main reason I gave up on farming him. The drop rates aren't as bad as GP Usopp books on duck island but it still feels like a waste of stamina.

Just got 4 star Diamante from the rare recruit, is that good? it seems good
Yes.

Also what are you guys going to run with on Heracles'n tonight? I'm thinking of LLx2 + Doffy, GP Usopp, Robin, and Towel Nami. I may see if Lucci is viable here if I'm bored enough.

RedBoot

Sorry, incoming vent:

ihatebreed.jpg

Oddly enough, I rarely got turtles and pigs from there until the last couple of days. Now I'm generally getting a pig and two turtles per run (which is nice for the XP, at least).

I'm only getting Breed himself about 30% of the time, but I just managed to get 3/5 skill ups with him, so he's only 2 skill ups from max for me now. Also maxed Tilestone. The only thing I'm getting lousy luck with is the Octopus, only skill level 4 after quite a few copies/books, and he needs a lot more than that to be usable. Shame, he's actually an intriguing character to use (can combo with Blamenco, Izo, and Capone for full boards).

Dandte

So far i'm

Breed max
Dugong max
Lapin i guess near max
Octo near max
Ace 2/10 got 11 so far
Inazuma max
Moria nearly max
Tilestone...i don't have him and fed 10 books away...still have 34

Bummed, wanted to keep gems, but it had to take to the last pull and I missed a lot of characters I actually wanted like Mansherry. Contemplating if I really want to continue playing the game.

0e4MHjT.png

Only 6 others I'm actually happy about getting so I am about 10% happy...

ended up doing my multi pull,got

1) crocus -_-
2) mr 3 -_-
3) leo NEW
4) vista -_-
5) ivankov -_-
6) koza -_-
7) rakuyo -_-
9) mr 2 -_-
10) int chopper -_-
10+1) base nami -_-

oh and this guy

8)FUJITORA

My god can't actually believe i finally got a legend ò_ò,after 547 (?) days of game

Basically all the other pulls bar leo were awful,but doesn't matter,had legend

now to another 540+ days without another one
Congrats you two, happy that you both finally got your legends.
9e14b0c17b1e959834e3dfbeda9603acaf5a6b57_hq.gif

Sugo wise I got another legend lol, got Boa who will probably be a good sub at least lol

And Breed FN is terrible cause I'm balancing between trying to get both Sengoku and SW Ace books (only managed 1 ace with no skill up =/). Think I should focus on Breed as he's good for Sengoku at least, but onto Heracles farming for my Ace first lol

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I think I used the following team for heracles last time:

Double Inthawk, Mr 3, Slasherdile, GPU, and Vista

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

More Boas pls.

Global needs to catch up. Now.

I got Boa the last time(or time before last? So many sugos) and I was kind of disappointed at the time but she has turned out to be an A+ sub in a ton of teams

I think Boa has more overall utility than a lot of legends just because she's such a versatile sub. She's fantastic and underrated.

chrono01

I probably won't bother gemming for Heracles-un, just getting whatever I get with natural stamina. I'm aiming to finish off my (first) Doffy tomorrow, so I'm saving my gems for that. At least I got my Garp out of the way today, so that's something.

Also, I need that Boa.

RedBoot

Running Mihawk x2, Doffy, Vista, Slasher Croc, and Usopp for Heracles'n farming. Pretty standard team, but it works. I used Whitey Bay instead of Doffy last time since I didn't have him skill maxed then, and if I had her higher level, I'd use her here instead of Vista (he's just a beatstick here). Not that I really need the extra damage anyway, I can take out Hera on turn 2 or 3.

About halfway on his special now, but for some reason I'm getting amazing socket luck on him. Sitting at 4/4/4 for Bind, Despair, and Orb. I might finish sockets before special on a character for the first and probably only time ever.

I think Boa has more overall utility than a lot of legends just because she's such a versatile sub. She's fantastic and underrated.

The way I like to think of it is that if you're pulling your first legend, Boa's a pretty poor pull (er, poor for a legend) since you want your first legend to be a legit captain that's going to open new team possibilities for you, and she just can't do that. But if you're on your 2nd+ legend, Boa's a fantastic pull, since she's such a strong sub.

That being said, if they'd just change her captain ability so that she always gets the RCV boost instead of losing it below 70%, it would make her a little better.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
The way I like to think of it is that if you're pulling your first legend, Boa's a pretty poor pull (er, poor for a legend) since you want your first legend to be a legit captain that's going to open new team possibilities for you, and she just can't do that. But if you're on your 2nd+ legend, Boa's a fantastic pull, since she's such a strong sub.

That being said, if they'd just change her captain ability so that she always gets the RCV boost instead of losing it below 70%, it would make her a little better.

That's true. People tend to think of legends as being game changing captains for the most part. I started with Boa, and while she's not the best captain, she ended up saving my skin plenty of times working as a powerful sub. Having that low cooldown heal+delay is really helpful early on, but it does kind of feel like you're biding your time until you get an appropriately powerful rainbow captain.

Boa could use a lot of changes if they really wanted to buff her. That whole "below 70%" thing hasn't shown up on a legend since. Variations of it are on Sabo and Jimbe, where the damage boost changes based on existing health or the window of health where it's active is larger.

Heng

So who do you guys consider a better sub: Marco or Boa? Marco has higher attack and boost orb damage while Boa has a lower CD (even beats maxed Marco unleveled) and delays for 1 turn (they both heal so I just want to highlight the differences).

Honestly I think Boa is better because her CD is much lower. Marco becomes better once we get Colosseum/other 0 stamina but who knows when we'll get that. Oh and she can get sockets from a raid (coming soon, but that'll be a while as well).

Hana-Bi

So who do you guys consider a better sub: Marco or Boa? Marco has higher attack and boost orb damage while Boa has a lower CD (even beats maxed Marco unleveled) and delays for 1 turn (they both heal so I just want to highlight the differences).

Honestly I think Boa is better because her CD is much lower. Marco becomes better once we get Colosseum/other 0 stamina but who knows when we'll get that. Oh and she can get sockets from a raid (coming soon, but that'll be a while as well).

Marco would be the perfect sub for legend Lucci teams. Boa is a great sub for any rainbow captain. Especially for a LL team with Koala. The problem is that for LL raid Boa is the perfect sub, so you'll only use legend Boa if you really need the delay+heal combo.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Yeah, like Hana-Bi said, they both work to perform different functions on different type teams (Orb boost/heal for Powerhouse vs. Safety/Delayer for Free Spirit). I do think Boa's low CD kind of edges her out in general usefulness. It allows her to be used multiple times in battle, which is a really nice bonus.

Marco would be the perfect sub for legend Lucci teams. Boa is a great sub for any rainbow captain. Especially for a LL team with Koala. The problem is that for LL raid Boa is the perfect sub, so you'll only use legend Boa if you really need the delay+heal combo.

Legend Boa also works on Free Spirit teams like Sabo. And while Raid Boa is perfect for Log Luffy, Legend Boa is perfect for G3, especially since G3 can't reliably heal normally without sacrificing huge damage.

Majukun

aaand heracles'n is done too

now i only need 2 lv ups and a couple sockets on the buster call trio and i have every raid boss maxxed and socketed,thus far at least

storage space might last a bit longer now

i considered making new copies of some raid bosses with different sockets..but at this point i'm gonna prioritize saving gems towards the 2 year anniversary as much as possible..also after the 2 year anniversary,if we follow japan,namco will go raid-bonkers and release a clash basically every event,so there will be time and occasions to make other copies if needed..although this time it's tempting for mingo,but still,decided to keep my gems since i spent 50 this sugo....

Hana-Bi

aaand heracles'n is done too

now i only need 2 lv ups and a couple sockets on the buster call trio and i have every raid boss maxxed and socketed,thus far at least

Congrats. Especially for you finally pulling a legend! :)

Didn't farm Buster Call at all and have every other raid boss max skilled too. Need one socket for MC, Heracles and Aokiji. Will farm a second Heracles today and have two Doffys and two Mihawks already.

Hopefully I'll have the box space for the next Buster Call raid...

Kyou

*feeds 5 heracles* *zero skill ups*
Me: Eff you, game
Sockets: Despair, Despair, Cooldown, Despair, Cooldown (Hera is now 5/5/4)
Me: I, uh, er, ....sorry

Hana-Bi

Maxed my second Heracles. Need 3 sockets for my second Heracles and one socket for my first Heracles.

Could max/max/max my Breed though and got my last skill up for Octopus Boxer. :)

Kyou

Mistakes were made and I forgot to get a purple dragon for my breed...

so even if I max him (hah) he's only going to have one socket

bjork

Tonight is the night I finally make an honest effort at maxing Doflamingo. I don't have good sockets on him, his level is 80something, and I think his skill level is 3.

I don't even know the proper team to take, but I'm probably going to try and roll a G3 team and see how it pans out. I can do the 40 reliably but I've never really gone in deep on trying the 60, but I have tonight off and zero plans. Since he is key to a bunch of other teams and my cooldown is too high atm, this is the goal. I hope I can get close, at least.

I think the only raid boss I have finished is Mihawk.

Majukun

Tonight is the night I finally make an honest effort at maxing Doflamingo. I don't have good sockets on him, his level is 80something, and I think his skill level is 3.

I don't even know the proper team to take, but I'm probably going to try and roll a G3 team and see how it pans out. I can do the 40 reliably but I've never really gone in deep on trying the 60, but I have tonight off and zero plans. Since he is key to a bunch of other teams and my cooldown is too high atm, this is the goal. I hope I can get close, at least.

I think the only raid boss I have finished is Mihawk.

if you have the characaters try this

2x monster chopper (20 CD or less)
jozu/perona/alvida (in this order from best to worst..if you have jozu you don't even need to count HPs to win)
gp usopp (best if max so that you can use it on stage 4 to farm orbs and finish stalling,but theoretically you cna do it with no skillups)
mihawk (cd max)
1 strong STR unit (preferably blamenco sicne you can manipulate bad orbs into good orbs)

once you reach the boss stage the method is simple

1)use mihawk,then attack left doffy until they are about to attack
2)use the damage reducer to take the hit
3)continue attacking left doffy until he is dead,if he is not dead by the time it usually lock your character ,you can use one of the monster chopper to finish the job
4)now the debuff protection should be gone,use gp usopp
5)finish right doffy in the remaining turns, if you made mistakes you can use the second monster chopper to help.

had 100% success rate with this team,but i had jozu so results may vary if you are using on of the other possible reducers...with jozu i managed to mess up in the first stage,go to the second one with 50 hp and still managed to finish the run :p

bjork

My chopper's cooldown is still a lowly 26 (and that's with 2 skill ups at this last MC raid, mind you), but I have all the other guys. I'll give this a go anyway and see how it fares with a max friend MC. :)

Majukun

My chopper's cooldown is still a lowly 26 (and that's with 2 skill ups at this last MC raid, mind you), but I have all the other guys. I'll give this a go anyway and see how it fares with a max friend MC. :)

well,the monster chopper specials are you insurance,it's totally doable without them,but if you are aiming for a 100% success rate,since 60 stamina is a lot ,then having them charged can help you recover from mistakes,esppecialy sicne you can re-roll to get the desired amount of damage.

Top Bottom