• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That Violet
Need to get me one of those
PE17utb.gif

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Do you guys really feed 5 at a time? I do either 1 or 2, but then, I've run about 20 times already today on Doflamingo and I'm only up to skill level 8. Maybe I should change up my method.

It shouldn't matter, but I feed 3-5 at a time when possible, for my own sanity. I feel like 3 gives a more likely than not chance of 1 special level per feeding, and I get to feed multiple times.

RedBoot

My Doffy is already max skill and max level, so I'm probably going to pass on running his stage. He's at 5/3 Despair/Lock, so I could try to get those last sockets, but I've seen enough examples of socket luck over the last week.

For characters like that who are only a level or two away from max sockets (like my GP Usopp, sitting at 5/4 Lock/Despair), I'm hoping to wait for the guaranteed socket books that drop in the Colosseum (I think?), seems like it would be much less hassle. Granted, we have to actually get the damn Colo for that to even start, but...

Got the fabled two breed drops in one run, it was a sight to behold

no skill up of course

Yeah, I managed that twice while farming it, as opposed to getting double T-Bones like 5-6 times. Very different odds. I think the Dugong on that level only drops himself and STR Dugong books, so once you have enough of those you want Breed to drop himself or a book every time.

Heng

Well I finished my second Doffy's sockets (Heal/CD) but he still needs 4 levels on his S-Lvl. I'll probably finish it another time if not today.

Who are you guys feeding your candies to? I've been thinking if giving them to Doffy since I use him in almost every team. Atm it's all going to a turtle until I decide who to give it to...

bjork

Well I finished my second Doffy's sockets (Heal/CD) but he still needs 4 levels on his S-Lvl. I'll probably finish it another time if not today.

Who are you guys feeding your candies to? I've been thinking if giving them to Doffy since I use him in almost every team. Atm it's all going to a turtle until I decide who to give it to...

HP to BB, when he hits 100, I'm not sure after that.
RCV to Enel, then when he hit 100, I moved on to Boa.
ATK to whoever, but lately it's been Rayleigh.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

RCV goes to Boa > Enel > 3D2Y Sanji.

ATK and HP onto Doflamingo. I think you generally want to prioritize already heavy final combo hitters since damage in OPTC is so momentum based. Doffy is versatile and has one of the highest ATK ratings.

Alternatively, any Legends would definitely benefit from ATK.

Are you putting all three candies on one turtle? I think it'd be a good idea to separate them out since there's the +200 cap.

Majukun

as of now i'm giving hp and atk to doflamingo and rcv to intvankov...my doflamingo will soon be complete for the ATK part so after that i will probably start adding to fujitora (which already had a +50 atk fresh from the sugo)

bjork

Fed 3 at once, nothing. Curse you game!

But I finished his sockets, at least. I'd at least like to get him to 20 today so he's useable, at least.

Heng

Are you putting all three candies on one turtle? I think it'd be a good idea to separate them out since there's the +200 cap.
No, just ATK and HP on a turtle and RCV to Marco atm. HP to Blackbeard is a good idea but I haven't used him at all. Atm I have +50 on a turtle (50% HP and the other ATK), I may just give it to Doffy after all.

MiTYH

Current update on the Doffy day:

3/19 Skillups (5 needed)
2/2 Despair Needed
3/3 Bind Needed
3 Gem spent
1 Level up

Timing wise, I just gemmed to get in 4 runs, where I'll level up at the end, to get me 4 more runs. I swear to god game, If you don't let me max Doffy with this, I.... will have to spend more gems

EDIT: Still better to use 3 gems to get these levels than some bad sugo trash. And I'm happy I have a decent team that can reliably beat this. But I don't want ot EVER go back to 60-stamina farming. It's just too hurtful, 30 stamina or bust!

bjork

I think I've done like 30 runs, and I got his cooldown to 20, but it just does not want to give up any more skill ups. I think I'm gonna switch to socketing QCK Doflamingo now.

MiTYH

I think I've done like 30 runs, and I got his cooldown to 20, but it just does not want to give up any more skill ups. I think I'm gonna switch to socketing QCK Doflamingo now.

Must be nice to have that option!

5 more Doffys fed, 1 skill up away now! And I just leveled up, so hopefully with natural stamina I can finish this off. Then... probably start a second one with Autoheal and something else. Orbs maybe? Or Maybe stay with bind.

bjork

Must be nice to have that option!

5 more Doffys fed, 1 skill up away now! And I just leveled up, so hopefully with natural stamina I can finish this off. Then... probably start a second one with Autoheal and something else. Orbs maybe? Or Maybe stay with bind.

I'd trade the entire character for the skill ups on this raid doflamingo. I don't remember it being this stingy when I did Mihawk.

Mixed2k

Started the day with 5/3 autoheal/lock Doffy,
ending the day with 5/3 autoheal/lock Doffy

Sockets are the devil.

On the other hand today I realized that Hacks special works on multiple targets despite the description being "reduces enemY HP by 20%".

chrono01

So I'm close to max-skilling my first Doflamingo...and I realized I have sub optimal sockets for him (Bind/Despair). The worst part is that the sockets are nearly finished, I just need one more Bind and I'll be done. :/

Do I start work on a second Doflamingo, after I max the first, or do I begin the new socketing right now on the first one...

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
So I'm close to max-skilling my first Doflamingo...and I realized I have sub optimal sockets for him (Bind/Despair). The worst part is that the sockets are nearly finished, I just need one more Bind and I'll be done. :/

Do I start work on a second Doflamingo, after I max the first, or do I begin the new socketing right now on the first one...

I don't think they're suboptimal. Just safe, and I think this is okay for a single Doflamingo. A lot of people still recommend throwing Bind and Despair sockets on him.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
*sigh*

I will never get the last two bind sockets for Doffy...

Edit: 1 more to go!

RedBoot

Yeah, Bind/Despair on Doffy is fine. If anything, it's ideal, since Doffy fits in a lot of teams and Bind and Despair are used by a lot of enemies.

I think the goal is to keep things varied amongst all your characters. If you already have Bind/Despair on a lot of people, then it might make more sense for your Doffy to be Cooldown/Autoheal, or something. I focused on Bind/Despair a lot early on, so nowadays I try to get other sockets on new guys when I have the choice.

I think there's only a few instances where specific sockets are right/wrong for a character, like not putting Despair on Blackbeard, not putting Autoheal on Legend Croc or Whitebeard, trying for Cooldown on turtle characters like Fullbody and Dogpen, etc.

I think there's only a few instances where specific sockets are right/wrong for a character, like not putting Despair on Blackbeard.

Seeing this makes me want to remove people from my friends list. I saw a guy with 5/5 Damage reduction on his BB and I shook my head in disbelief. I'm also of the opinion that not putting cd reduction on your BB is almost as egregious as putting despair sockets on them.

Heng

I'm also of the opinion that not putting cd reduction on your BB is almost as egregious as putting despair sockets on them.
I agree with this. The major reason to use BB is for his special, so reducing the amount of time you need to stall should be a top priority. Auto heal is also another good socket for him (although really not needed) so you can stall comfortably if you have to.

Kyou

Two away on breed, two on Dugong, one on octopus, one on Tilestone. o_o

As soon as I max Tilestone I'm out. Breed is leaving without me maxing Tilestone over my dead body

I am so not used to using Log Luffy in the 60 Doffy raid lol, so many defeats from mis-timing lol, but will probably use him whenever Doffy comes back the added ability to eat is valuable. Just really need to socket my Luffy before next time, would like to do Breed FN for the skillbooks but gotta finish so keying raid and Legend Doffy Orz

chrono01

FINALLY! Doflamingo fully skilled and socketed. I didn't know his skill went as low as it did, I kept thinking "This is the last one!" only for it to keep going lower and lower. Finally, it said "Max" and I knew it was over.

I won't bother using gems to farm a second, but I will run it whenever it comes around and slowly stock up on copies then. With the raid event, I managed to make significant progress on my second (Auto Heal) Mihawk (just one or two skill-up away from being max'd), finished my Garp, reduced Monster Chopper's skill quite a bit, socketed my Intvankov a lot, and finished Doflamingo. I'm most happy about getting Garp and Doflamingo done with, they've been long-time projects. I still need to begin work on both Aokiji and Enel, so hopefully they'll be around soon.

I am so not used to using Log Luffy in the 60 Doffy raid lol, so many defeats from mis-timing lol, but will probably use him whenever Doffy comes back the added ability to eat is valuable. Just really need to socket my Luffy before next time, would like to do Breed FN for the skillbooks but gotta finish so keying raid and Legend Doffy Orz
Yeah, going from different teams back to Log Luffy can be difficult, especially if you continually swap in/out members in that Log Luffy team (you need to get used to the timing of their attacks all over again). Thankfully, I use a lot of the same members (at least for farming Doflamingo), so I don't really need to stress over that too much.

Yeah, going from different teams back to Log Luffy can be difficult, especially if you continually swap in/out members in that Log Luffy team (you need to get used to the timing of their attacks all over again). Thankfully, I use a lot of the same members (at least for farming Doflamingo), so I don't really need to stress over that too much.

It does take some getting used to. I usually run through a few stages of a training forest to get the timing right with a new LL team before going into a raid as to not potentially waste any stamina.

Kyou

man, best run ever:

aaaaand tilestone maxed. Octopus, Dugong, and Breed are all 1 away but whooooooooo fucking caaaaares. I am so glad I can raise two middle fingers to this fortnight forever.

I'm free.

RedBoot

aaaaand tilestone maxed. Octopus, Dugong, and Breed are all 1 away but whooooooooo fucking caaaaares. I am so glad I can raise two middle fingers to this fortnight forever.

I'm free.

In other middle finger to a fortnight news: I've managed 15 Sengoku books from the Sand Sand fortnight from the last week. Those have resulted in exactly 1 skill up. :( I'm rescinding my 0 for 18 Onigumo skill ups as my worst moment of the skill up week. Sorry Sengoku, you're going to have to wait for the Whitebeard fortnights, because I'm done in Alabasta.

I did end up with a skill-maxed Cobra and 21 Doma books (I don't have Doma). I'll have to be content (or cry) with that.

Kyou

In other middle finger to a fortnight news: I've managed 15 Sengoku books from the Sand Sand fortnight from the last week. Those have resulted in exactly 1 skill up. :( I'm rescinding my 0 for 18 Onigumo skill ups as my worst moment of the skill up week. Sorry Sengoku, you're going to have to wait for the Whitebeard fortnights, because I'm done in Alabasta.

I did end up with a skill-maxed Cobra and 21 Doma books (I don't have Doma). I'll have to be content (or cry) with that.
I'm only two levels away from max on Rayleigh and am contemplating just feeding the books when the fortnight comes around but this also strikes me as a possible Really Bad Idea(tm).

Also I need to figure out if I'm going to do the same with Blackbeard who is only 3 away from max this thursday...

I got a Doflamingo.

But it was ugly.

So now I have a Mihawk, Doflamingo, and Ivankov.

Not a bad week for me.

Congrats! Get raid bosses however you can at first, they're excellent characters even with level 1 specials. Ivankov is pretty situational but Mihawk and Doffy see a loooooooooot of use

Kumo

How much beli are you guys sitting on after this crazy week? I'm at 36 mil now and I skipped like half of the raids too. Lol

Got 3 special reduction sockets on dofly to get to 5 very lucky (but only 1sp up which gets him to 21 turns

Golden hammer usopp down to 12 turns now

Also feeding my candies to bartolemeo (hp and attack) and
currently working on my striker team of

Bartolemeo (will max him once evolved)
Biker smoker max lvl
Eneru max level or log usopp lvl 60
Squardo lvl 60
Vergo lvl 45

Majukun

oh yeah, maxxed breed at 1 hour away from the end of the skillup.. dugong is 1 away from max but I'm not gonna gem for that, the octopus is at 16 cd now.
not amazing considering the skillup event, but with all those raids, hime and with the first 5 days dedicated to farming young arlong, it could have been worst

not completed socket either, but that was accounted for

bjork

I guess Doflamingo didn't go as well as I would've liked given the time I sunk in it, but it's not as bad as it could've been. Ended up with:

Raid Doflamingo: level max, 5 lock/5 despair, skill level 10. 19 turns is high, but way better than 26.

Legend Doflamingo: level 61 unevolved, 2 despair/3 poison/1 autoheal/2 damage... I basically fed 9 copies and tapped out by this point, but anything is nice to have for now. Plus his cooldown starts at 20, which I feel like is the absolute highest a special can be for usability.

How much beli are you guys sitting on after this crazy week? I'm at 36 mil now and I skipped like half of the raids too. Lol

I'm pretty close to 6 million. I'm typically constantly feeding to characters so I tend to run pretty low compared to most, but even 6 million is more than I'll need at any one time.

Also feeding my candies to bartolemeo (hp and attack) and
currently working on my striker team of

Bartolemeo (will max him once evolved)
Biker smoker max lvl
Eneru max level or log usopp lvl 60
Squardo lvl 60
Vergo lvl 45

This is a pretty solid team as is, but do you have an Aokiji? Mine isn't low enough to confirm it, but his special seems like it would be a great addition to a striker team.

linkent

this SW Ace is a curse!.
I didnt farm any raid as i am focusing on farming his books.
at the end use 7 gems to get a total of 40 books for these 2 weeks.

2 skill up from 40 books.

Could have max my 2nd Doffy with those 7 gems :(

bjork

it's a 2nd year anniversary thing..so we probably have half a year before that

Ha, no way I'm hoarding stuff until then. Except gems.

I was looking at my box earlier and since I'm keeping 4* dupes for use with Sengoku, I'm sitting on a ton of characters and I don't have many max leveled. So I think I want to level guys and maybe gem for turtle times and that's it, until the 2Y sugo... which I would hope is a gold-only and has multi-pull. I would hope.

I got 5/5 on Shiki today. Thumbs up

He's being pulled from the game entirely over there, right? So if you got him now, you're good?

Majukun

Ha, no way I'm hoarding stuff until then. Except gems.

I was looking at my box earlier and since I'm keeping 4* dupes for use with Sengoku, I'm sitting on a ton of characters and I don't have many max leveled. So I think I want to level guys and maybe gem for turtle times and that's it, until the 2Y sugo... which I would hope is a gold-only and has multi-pull. I would hope.

He's being pulled from the game entirely over there, right? So if you got him now, you're good?

yeah the 2nd anniversary sugo was amazing...3 days,different legends and good RR characters boosted each day,multipull 10+1 with only gold and red poster in it

legends were raining in japan

Majukun

Okay I decided to farm Gate of Justice & just got Kaku and Jabra both on my first try.

What are the odds of that?

very low,but you are not the only one i heard who was that lucky...a guy dropped 2 kaku on first try on reddit

today for me it's yellow turtle time and then farming some seahorses for evolving pigs..glad i maxxed creed so i don't have to do that fortnight anymore :p

I guess Doflamingo didn't go as well as I would've liked given the time I sunk in it, but it's not as bad as it could've been. Ended up with:

Raid Doflamingo: level max, 5 lock/5 despair, skill level 10. 19 turns is high, but way better than 26.

Legend Doflamingo: level 61 unevolved, 2 despair/3 poison/1 autoheal/2 damage... I basically fed 9 copies and tapped out by this point, but anything is nice to have for now. Plus his cooldown starts at 20, which I feel like is the absolute highest a special can be for usability.

I'm pretty close to 6 million. I'm typically constantly feeding to characters so I tend to run pretty low compared to most, but even 6 million is more than I'll need at any one time.

This is a pretty solid team as is, but do you have an Aokiji? Mine isn't low enough to confirm it, but his special seems like it would be a great addition to a striker team.

Yes i have him almost maxed in level but still at special level 1

Is he better them vergo?

I thought vergo would be better as he can manipule his own orb and his damage

Majukun

Yes i have him almost maxed in level but still at special level 1

Is he better them vergo?

I thought vergo would be better as he can manipule his own orb and his damage

his special is definitely better than vergo in general but they are fondamentally different in usage...aokiji locks orbs and increase damage of EVERYONE if it's a striker by 1,75..if you combine it with some good orb manipulation and an orb effectiveness booster it can be extremely powerful

does not mean that vergo is a bad character,but aokiji is definitely better,but it's also a pain to farm and skillup

his special is definitely better than vergo in general but they are fondamentally different in usage...aokiji locks orbs and increase damage of EVERYONE if it's a striker by 1,75..if you combine it with some good orb manipulation and an orb effectiveness booster it can be extremely powerful

does not mean that vergo is a bad character,but aokiji is definitely better,but it's also a pain to farm and skillup

True thanks ill use aokiji then

Top Bottom