• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
My chopper's cooldown is still a lowly 26 (and that's with 2 skill ups at this last MC raid, mind you), but I have all the other guys. I'll give this a go anyway and see how it fares with a max friend MC. :)

There should be plenty of Maxed Monster Choppers after the clash of clashes. Most people probably got theirs finished or at least reduced their cool down to useable levels.

Max special isn't necessary either, though. Especially if you have maxed GPU. I ran Doffy and maxed him last time using Monster Choppers with high cooldown. It definitely helps, but it's not necessary.

MANUELF

Banned
Got 4 stars Basil Hawkins, is definitely a pretty strong character but both him and Diamante are way too costly to put in my team

Heng

Marco would be the perfect sub for legend Lucci teams. Boa is a great sub for any rainbow captain. Especially for a LL team with Koala. The problem is that for LL raid Boa is the perfect sub, so you'll only use legend Boa if you really need the delay+heal combo.
Yeah, like Hana-Bi said, they both work to perform different functions on different type teams (Orb boost/heal for Powerhouse vs. Safety/Delayer for Free Spirit). I do think Boa's low CD kind of edges her out in general usefulness. It allows her to be used multiple times in battle, which is a really nice bonus.
True, I completely forgot about Lucci teams. The only problem would be stall 19 turns for his CD, especially since that team can't heal. I suppose you could just stack auto heal.

Also on another note, they finally have a replacement for SW Robin, maybe we'll see that batch soon.
VGEbJPa.jpg

bjork

I pulled a Sugar on a yolo pull. For her special to work, how low does the enemy HP need to be? I remember seeing a video where a dude used it on Aokiji, but I can't recall how low he was healthwise.

Got 4 stars Basil Hawkins, is definitely a pretty strong character but both him and Diamante are way too costly to put in my team

In the team where you'd use both, who is your captain? Hawkins?

Kyou

I pulled a Sugar on a yolo pull. For her special to work, how low does the enemy HP need to be? I remember seeing a video where a dude used it on Aokiji, but I can't recall how low he was healthwise.

it's whatever percent a character changes into a kneeling stance

I think that's 15%?

MANUELF

Banned

In the team where you'd use both, who is your captain? Hawkins?
I havent though Of it yet, both cost 18 when my total available is 42 but Hawkins captain ability seems soooo good

bjork

it's whatever percent a character changes into a kneeling stance

I think that's 15%?

Ooh. 90% of my raid whiffs are usually then. Sugar might have to make friends with damage reducers in my box, then. :)

I havent though Of it yet, both cost 18 when my total available is 42 but Hawkins captain ability seems soooo good

Reduced damage is nice, but he lacks the attack boost you'll need to get through tougher stages. What does your box look like?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Even though my first heracles is "only" at 16 CD, he's fully socketed, so I've been focussed on a second heracles.

First one: Bind / Despair / CD
Second one: Currently at Damage Reduction / Orbs / Autoheal, with 3 sockets on each. Wondering if I should stick with this or replace damage reduction with CD like I originally intended.

Kyou

Ooh. 90% of my raid whiffs are usually then. Sugar might have to make friends with damage reducers in my box, then. :)

Sugar + Whitebeard, Duval, Hack, Mihawk and, uh, another one I forget who becomes an instant kill team because you shave off enough to get the enemy down to critical and then finish off with Sugar

bjork

I'm looking forward to playing around with teams for that, but an instant kill team sounds really nice.

First things first, though: max raid Doflamingo if possible, socket legend Doflamingo if any remain.

MANUELF

Banned

Reduced damage is nice, but he lacks the attack boost you'll need to get through tougher stages. What does your box look like?

My character box? or my crew?
My crew is this

I think I'm going to try a different farming team on Doffy: http://optc-db.github.io/damage/#/transfer/D447:99,447:99,15:50,227:99,673:99,249:99C2,10B0D0E4Q0L0G0R0S100H

This is a spin on the double BB w/ WB speed team, the two main differences being less max HP and 10% less health cut using Hack over WB. The burst turn from the half heath Doffy pre-emptive should put both Doffys at about 215k HP. With two turns to kill them, this team will be able to put out nearly 300k damage per turn with neutral orbs. Hack's special also has the benefit of changing his own orb to STR, which will put 1 turn of damage at 366k. And to top things off for even more insurance, Chopper's special can do up to 400k damage against DEX enemies. If my math is right, this should work and only be slightly slower than one of the fastest possible teams.

Shackzam

Is it possible if I have My Twitter linked to My account?

I mean more of posting screen shots of your crew. Just crop out the top part just for security when posting your crew stuff from your phone. You should be safe if your account is linked, not sure what you are talking about there.

With the SNS backup system, is it still possible for others to steal accounts that are linked?

When I recovered, they gave me a transfer code to put in. However, codes don't work anymore once an account is linked to FB or Twitter.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
WEDDING CHARACTERS.

Will yolo pull if necessary.

Is it possible if I have My Twitter linked to My account?

Yes, use the SNS feature to link your account to your Twitter for protection. It's still generally ill advised to post full screenshots of your gems/crew name/gemcount/money count, just in case some of that data can be used by someone to try to recover your account via Namco Bandai's account recovery. I think SNS prevents this, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

RedBoot

WEDDING CHARACTERS.

I was just thinking the other day that we were super behind on limited recruit characters. I think Global likes to do them in batches instead of one at a time like they do in Japan.

Robin and Perona are Cerebral and Driven boosters, respectively. Only 1.5x, so Momonga and Caesar are better, but I guess they could come in handy if you needed a quicker cooldown time (and we're probably a ways off from Caesar books).

Boa is the best of the set, I think. Not because she boosts orbs (which is always nice), but because a 5000 HP heal on 15 turns is pretty solid (especially for a Sengoku team). She'll be boosted (since it's an INT up), so I guess there'll be a reasonable chance of pulling her.

EDIT: Actually, would Boa work for a SW Ace team? Use her to boost orbs (instead of SW Franky) and use Baby 5 to boost ATK (instead of Zephryr). The overall boost would be lower, but at least you'd have a proper rainbow team to use with Heracles'n's special.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I was just thinking the other day that we were super behind on limited recruit characters. I think Global likes to do them in batches instead of one at a time like they do in Japan.

Robin and Perona are Cerebral and Driven boosters, respectively. Only 1.5x, so Momonga and Caesar are better, but I guess they could come in handy if you needed a quicker cooldown time (and we're probably a ways off from Caesar books).

Boa is the best of the set, I think. Not because she boosts orbs (which is always nice), but because a 5000 HP heal on 15 turns is pretty solid (especially for a Sengoku team). She'll be boosted (since it's an INT up), so I guess there'll be a reasonable chance of pulling her.

EDIT: Actually, would Boa work for a SW Ace team? Use her to boost orbs (instead of SW Franky) and use Baby 5 to boost ATK (instead of Zephryr). The overall boost would be lower, but at least you'd have a proper rainbow team to use with Heracles'n's special.

Yeah, I was predicting that they would do the wedding character batch during the Nami Wedding fortnight. It makes too much sense.

I'm hoping they do a sugo before the event ends, but I have a feeling they won't. It's too soon.

Boa is pretty perfect for a SW Ace team, yeah. It's a bit of a bootleg team, but also a lot prettier.

chrono01

I want the wedding characters (just for reasons), but I've spent too much on this Sugo, not to mention farming raid bosses. I'm saving everything I get for the two year anniversary next year, so not a single gem spent from me until then (not counting the odd stamina refill if I need it).

MANUELF

Banned
WEDDING CHARACTERS.

Yes, use the SNS feature to link your account to your Twitter for protection. It's still generally ill advised to post full screenshots of your gems/crew name/gemcount/money count, just in case some of that data can be used by someone to try to recover your account via Namco Bandai's account recovery. I think SNS prevents this, but it's better to be safe than sorry.
I wanted to say that I already linked my account to my twitter, sorry If I didnt say that before

All this time I've been killing the right Doffy first because I was afraid of the damage, when I should be killing the left first to stop the haste..

Not sure if Robin or Violet.

Also, Rumbar Pirates Brook having the exact same pose as fortnight brook gave me a chuckle.

bjork

So apparently, the key I was missing in this Doflamingo raid is to have Usopp ready for turn 4. I whiffed with a MC team, so I switched to the G3 team I used for the 40, and it's working every time now. This is a nice development. Thumbs up to Maju for the help. :)

I was going to try and resocket my original Doffy from cd/lock to despair/lock but I think I'll just stick to getting my second Doffy to heal/lock. It's all well and good planning these out but sitting down and doing this is so time consuming it makes me question my ambitions.

This Violet kinda puts me off the game a bit. It's one thing to be pandering but it's so shamelessly pandering that it kinda feels insulting.

bjork

I was going to try and resocket my original Doffy from cd/lock to despair/lock but I think I'll just stick to getting my second Doffy to heal/lock. It's all well and good planning these out but sitting down and doing this is so time consuming it makes me question my ambitions.

This Violet kinda puts me off the game a bit. It's one thing to be pandering but it's so shamelessly pandering that it kinda feels insulting.

If it makes you feel any better, global will probably never get it.

Majukun

on one hand wedding perona would be useful to me because i don't have a driven booster...but i refuse to pull outside of sugofests..gotta still hope to find caesar one day

bjork

on one hand wedding perona would be useful to me because i don't have a driven booster...but i refuse to pull outside of sugofests..gotta still hope to find caesar one day

I kinda wish they'd borrow the separate pull section that Puzzle & Dragons has for their collaborations. It'll be a special event for whatever (Batman/Hello Kitty/etc) and you can pull specifically for those characters. Doesn't stop you from getting the least desirable character in that batch, but it guarantees I'll pull at least a couple times. The idea of pulling for brides and getting another Crocus makes me twitch.

MiTYH

Doffy farming today, woot woot. Going to go all out and finally get him maxed (only need 5 skill ups). Very happy I timed it well, I'm going to hit a level up as soon as my stamina hits zero.Doing well with a MC/MC/Young Arlong/Mihawk/GP/Jozu team.

For my weekend, I had Garp at max skill already, but on the last one got him 5/5 Bind/Despair. Guess next time he comes around I'll work on a second copy. Still looks nice to have another raid boss maxed out.

Actually didn't do too well on Heracules'n. Maybe 2 or 3 skill ups max, no good slots. It's fine, I don't really use him, and I stopped early so I could have more stamina for Doffy.

Doffy farming went great!

I spent around 3 gems going from 23 to 14 turns, maxing him.

Gonna be a lovely unit to fit on both my Log luffy & my IntHawk teams now that he's complete.

MiTYH

What the actual hell?

0/7 on Doffy skillups. I know I said I was going to gem for this, but... seriously, man, come on.

What the actual hell?

0/7 on Doffy skillups. I know I said I was going to gem for this, but... seriously, man, come on.

It's part of RNG nonsense, it's a tough thing to bite through; but it'll happen to all of us.

If you really want to cry, think of the gaffers who got 0/40 or 0//50 on doffy or akoji during regular raids before.

I got 0/6 and 0/5 earlier, but my last 3 runs today were 2/5 2/5 and 3/5; making him. It's expected that once in a while you get a bad run.

bjork

Do you guys really feed 5 at a time? I do either 1 or 2, but then, I've run about 20 times already today on Doflamingo and I'm only up to skill level 8. Maybe I should change up my method.

Top Bottom