• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

MiTYH

breathes sigh of relief

It was close, but I managed to get 5/5 bind/despair max skill doffy finished last night. Spent 3 gems, got about 25 copies for 5 skillups, which I guess is normal. Had two left over and immediately started working on another (no skillup, resilience socket) so it'll be a long time going, but I am beyond thrilled to finally, FINALLY have a max doffy. I know i'll never want to go back to non-half stamina raids ever again.

Today I guess is spent doing Breed farming. Sad that skillup is over, not that it matter for Breed since I barely got any. Time to start managing the box space again!

bjork

well if you have it a skill level 1 i doubt it would be of any use though,it has 33 turns of CD,you will never be able to stall enough to use his special

This is what keeps my Aokiji on the bench most of the time. I must've gemmed for the copy I do have, because the last time he came through I couldn't beat him on even the lower difficulty. One day, though...

bjork

So I played the Pett quest and got a book for a Water Seven carpenter, is it important? I dont even have him yet

Do you mean Tilestone? He's super useful in Princess Turtle fights, so having a lower skill will help. You can sit on the book until later, if you're going to farm him.

Kumo

breathes sigh of relief

It was close, but I managed to get 5/5 bind/despair max skill doffy finished last night. Spent 3 gems, got about 25 copies for 5 skillups, which I guess is normal. Had two left over and immediately started working on another (no skillup, resilience socket) so it'll be a long time going, but I am beyond thrilled to finally, FINALLY have a max doffy. I know i'll never want to go back to non-half stamina raids ever again.

Today I guess is spent doing Breed farming. Sad that skillup is over, not that it matter for Breed since I barely got any. Time to start managing the box space again!

I wouldn't count on seeing another 1/2 stamina raid for a very long time. I don't think Japan ever got anything like what global got this past week. Only 1/2 stamina raid I recall them getting was Mihawk. Besides, if you spent 3 gems for Doffy last night, that means you would've spent about 6 gems during normal raids. Not that big of a difference. :p Plus, raids will get easier to do once you raise your plvl enough.

But yeah, congrats on finishing Doffy. :) He really is the next step up after Mihawk and your box is going to feel much more powerful with him around. I use him in pretty much every team, even Sengoku teams cause his special is just so damn OP.

Kyou

I am really enjoying just being able to breath a sigh of relief and lightly farm sea ponies today.

It's been an absolutely brutal few weeks in the game

MiTYH

I wouldn't count on seeing another 1/2 stamina raid for a very long time. I don't think Japan ever got anything like what global got this past week. Only 1/2 stamina raid I recall them getting was Mihawk. Besides, if you spent 3 gems for Doffy last night, that means you would've spent about 6 gems during normal raids. Not that big of a difference. :p Plus, raids will get easier to do once you raise your plvl enough.

But yeah, congrats on finishing Doffy. :) He really is the next step up after Mihawk and your box is going to feel much more powerful with him around. I use him in pretty much every team, even Sengoku teams cause his special is just so damn OP.

Yeah, I know it's a unique think, which is why I went so hard on this event. Probably gained about 4 or 5 levels, which since I'm in the 250s that's good progress. My other raids are in good shape, BB done, Garp done, and MC needs one more skill to be done. I finally got an Enel team that works 100%, which is nice. Need to work on a good Aokiji team though, he's the only one I really can't beat consistently.

Kyou

worked out what evolutions I'm sitting on and what my shopping list is

Kyros, Story Brook, 3D2Y Brook, Don Chinjao, Ricky, Story Jabra, Breed

P Robber: 1
G Hermit: 1
P Hermit: 1
Ra Hermit: 2
P Crab: 3
B Lobster: 1
P Lobster: 1
R Dragon: 1
G Dragon: 2
B Dragon: 1
P Dragon: 3

...this could take some time

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Lttp, but I wanted to make a comprehensive post about the entire 2X special up event, including the 1/2 stamina raids. Underlined are maxed specials:

6 / 25 Warlord of the Sea Bartholomew Kuma
5 / 12 Captain Kid
2 / 15 Fossa the Blazing Katana
3 / 11 Blackbeard
12 / 49 Post-Rampage Tony Tony Chopper
5 / 15 Hack Revolutionary Army
7 / 28 Marine Vice Admiral Dalmatian
1 / 1 Chef of Love Sanji
7 / 29 Marine Vice Admiral Onigumo
13 / 35 Eneru, Lightning Incarnate
3 / 30 Rebel Leader Koza
0 / 1 Thatch
5 / 19 Morning Star Rakuyo
0 / 3 Maelstrom Spider Squard
6 / 29 Momonga Marine Vice Admiral
8 / 15 Ice Man Aokiji
0 / 2 Flying Fish Riders Leader Duval
0 / 1 Mirage Tempo Nami
0 / 1 Killer
8 / 54 Pet Pet Fruit User Breed
1 / 6 Boa Hancock
14 / 52 Sea Animal Pirates Octopus Boxer
7 / 27 Sea Animal Pirates Sea Lapahn
12 / 49 Hawk Eyes Mihawk
3 / 5 Dracule Mihawk
0 / 1 Doma
6 / 24 Sea Animal Pirates Kung Fu Dugong
4 / 4 Inazuma
4 / 18 Faithful Apprentice Kung Fu Dong
3 / 16 Sarquiss
15 / 63 Garp the Fist
0 / 2 Golden Pound Usopp
0 / 4 Captain Kuro
12 / 58 Hero of the Forest Heracles-un

Got my second Mihawk finished, Monster Chopper finished, Garp finished, Heracles'n finished. Also I max socketed INTvankov during the Ivankov raid with Bind/Despair/CD/Autoheal.

Overall, my special up rate was 24.43%, so close to average. I cleared 704 copies/books over the course of the entire event. The highlights were probably Aoikiji at 53% and Enel at 37%. 3D2Y Sanji 1/1 was nice on the dupe too.

The low points were Koza and Breed. Fucking Breed. That asshole took 54 copies to max and I still didn't max his sockets. That's a 14.8% rate. And his droprate was truly abysmal towards the end, too.

Also, I used up 6 Boa books, and only got 1 special up. I'm now 1/9 overall. I'm saving the rest of my 7 books for whenever Japan's boosted rate comes to Global. I can wait. These books are too hard to come by, and Boa's special is already fairly usable.

I nearly forgot about the ranking due to the craziness of the past week's event. I rushed to look up some strats and used my IntHawk on something important for first time: 2x IntHawk, SlasherCroc, Vista, Doffy, Koza.

I got super anxious because I screwed up my first try by leaving Vivi with a sliver of HP. She OHKO'd me with her special. I pulled it off on my next try with, literally, one minute to spare before the islands changed over. I was able to farm orbs on everyone except Doffy and Vista going into the final stage and beat the 2.4m target with 2,790,203 on my burst.

RedBoot

Oh hey, Nami can silence you if you get the boss stage with her alone, that's the first time we've seen it in Global. That's the status effect where you can't use a special (though she only hits STR/DEX/QCK with it). Sucks for my Legend Croc and Kalifa, but it's pretty easy to take her out anyway.

Running Croc/Croc with T-Bone, Heracles'n, QCK Kalifa, and Log Nami. It's the first chance I've actually had to use Croc, so that's nice. Seems to handle all the boss stages well enough. I got the Nami/Absalom/Sanji stage and used Hera to set orbs, Nami to boost orbs, and Croc to boost Cerebral damage after T-Bone had reduced my health. Did 1.5 million with only 3 characters. Gotta watch things with your health that low, though. I'll probably put together a Slasher team as well just for variety.

I'm actually planning on farming this one a lot. I want to use Bride Nami for a Sengoku team (paired with Zambai to set up the conditional damage boost), and any excess Namis can be used for sockets anyway. Getting Lola, INT Iva books, and QCK Story Kaku books is a bonus as well.

Kyou

this FN seems like an Inthawk dream. Rayleigh isnt doing too shabby

going to try to split running this, Alvida, and gathering evolution materials this week

Heng

Here are the rest of the SW batch (missing Luffy, Nami, and Sanji):

V50nLdT.png

Stolen from Reddit

RedBoot

this FN seems like an Inthawk dream. Rayleigh isnt doing too shabby

going to try to split running this, Alvida, and gathering evolution materials this week

Yeah, despite being the first Cerebral fortnight, I think INThawk and Rayleigh outdo Legend Croc here. INT characters are key, they can take out Nami and they won't be affected by her Silence. Mr. 3 (or Kimono Tashigi) is a big help, probably your best bet for delayers.

Kumo

Does no one else have Trebol? There's only a few people on my friend list who have him up. He's pretty sweet for this fortnight and I always try to use different captains and subs when I can. :p

MANUELF

Banned
Does no one else have Trebol? There's only a few people on my friend list who have him up. He's pretty sweet for this fortnight and I always try to use different captains and subs when I can. :p
Diamante here, I got it during the last sugo and a Hawkins too

This is what keeps my Aokiji on the bench most of the time. I must've gemmed for the copy I do have, because the last time he came through I couldn't beat him on even the lower difficulty. One day, though...

In the same boat took many gems to get one copy though that was a while ago a lot stronger now

I'm actually planning on farming this one a lot. I want to use Bride Nami for a Sengoku team (paired with Zambai to set up the conditional damage boost), and any excess Namis can be used for sockets anyway. Getting Lola, INT Iva books, and QCK Story Kaku books is a bonus as well.

Wouldn't Lola be a better choice than Zambai? Reduces defense for the conditional boost AND boosts orbs by 1.5. And she has better stats, not to mention sockets.

Also, you can evolve Lola with an extra copy of Absalom. I think Gamewith has him at like a 1% drop rate though. I think he's the FN version if it matters.

Hana-Bi

I put him up. Don't know if we are friends though...

MiTYH

Hm, new FN is up. Slashers work which is always nice, but moreso that my new max doffy can find a use now instead of stalling.

Lots of Nami drops for sockets, which is good

EDIT: As expected, INTHawk makes this a breeze.

Using INTHawk/INTHawk
Doffy/Young Arlong
FN Lucci/ HW Zoro

Didn't even use any specials going into the last round, but I know the bosses fluctuate. So far only have a Nami drop

Majukun

my god this fortnight drops are horrible...made like 5 runs at 30 stamina and only got one decent skillbook (intvankov),ONE...and there are supposed to be 3 good skillbook in this fortnight

RedBoot

Wouldn't Lola be a better choice than Zambai? Reduces defense for the conditional boost AND boosts orbs by 1.5. And she has better stats, not to mention sockets.

Normally, yeah, but I'm trying to do an all-PSY team, basically using Sengoku to make a PSY-burst team. Double Sengoku, Nami, Zambai, Coby, and Impact Usopp can do 4.4 million to INT, assuming you can farm orbs beforehand.

I'm basically trying to put together everyone who would come in handy for such a team. Besides those guys, there's also Cindry, Marine Django, and Mr. 2 for orb fixing (already have them) and PSY Hacchan and unevolved Monet for other conditional boosts (need to level the former, don't have the latter). Not sure if it'll ever be useful (the standard of Coby, Impact Usopp, Cindry, and Django is really the most reliable), but I like to build around my legends when I can.

bjork

Any of you guys having trouble getting Bride Nami to drop? I've done about 10 runs so far, including the initial one on each difficulty for the gem, and she won't drop. I've had four different final stages:
- just Nami
- Nami with Lola
- Nami with Absalom
- Nami with Absalom and Sanji

and nothing but skill books for... I think Tornado Tempo, which is oddly the only Nami I didn't keep a copy of.

Majukun

Any of you guys having trouble getting Bride Nami to drop? I've done about 10 runs so far, including the initial one on each difficulty for the gem, and she won't drop. I've had four different final stages:
- just Nami
- Nami with Lola
- Nami with Absalom

and nothing but skill books for... I think Tornado Tempo, which is oddly the only Nami I didn't keep a copy of.

only worth it drop i had was 1 wedding nami,2 lola and 1 ivankov skillbook, and a sanji rest was worthless crap

MiTYH

- just Nami
- Nami with Lola
- Nami with Absalom

Run it three times on 30-stamina, every time got Nami alone on the last stage. 2/3 for her dropping

bjork

Cleared out some spots on my friend list for the first time in awhile, anyone inactive for 10+ days got got. I don't think that's anyone in here though?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
- just Nami
- Nami with Lola
- Nami with Absalom

I got a Wedding Nami but I think I'll stop there. Maxed my Towel Nami (not even sure if that book drops in this one, so many Namis) and I don't bother with the others.

Majukun

Cleared out some spots on my friend list for the first time in awhile, anyone inactive for 10+ days got got. I don't think that's anyone in here though?

personally only canceled 1 gaf guy since i started the game,but he clearly had gaf in his nickname,so you would have noticed it

Kyou

trying to get Alvida books is a huge bummer. About two stamina bars of runs and have two books to show for it. I'm considering doing the crazy thing and actually evolving all these fat alvidas I'm getting...

bjork

trying to get Alvida books is a huge bummer. About two stamina bars of runs and have two books to show for it. I'm considering doing the crazy thing and actually evolving all these fat alvidas I'm getting...

No way, what if you went through that hell and got zero? At least with the books, it's only the time farming the books that you're out. But you can do it, it's one of the few units I have skill maxed.

Majukun

oh,what's th droprate for fat alvida?i might consider farming for alvida sockets if my luck with the nami fortnight keeps being this bad
although at this point might as well wait and farm her colosseum form,that should be 100% droprate

Kyou

No way, what if you went through that hell and got zero? At least with the books, it's only the time farming the books that you're out. But you can do it, it's one of the few units I have skill maxed.

I'll probably just gem at some point. She's already got one skill up but I never sat down to grind this.

As an aside, Bride Nami is giving me breed flashbacks with "Cool run, here's a fodder unit, a pig, two baby turtles, a cola, and a V1 3* nami skillbook. Thanks for the 30 stamina!" I hope this isn't the new normal for raids.

I was actually wondering when skill level ups got made easier in Japan. When they did that, did the content reflect that by making stuff harder to get?

edit:
oh,what's th droprate for fat alvida?i might consider farming for alvida sockets if my luck with the nami fortnight keeps being this bad
although at this point might as well wait and farm her colosseum form,that should be 100% droprate

I looked it up a bit ago and it seems to be straight 33% book, 33% poster, 33% nothing

RedBoot

I actually remember reading about people evolving the Alvidas for extra skill up chances. I guess that's one way to do it, but man, that's a lot of wasted XP and evolvers.

My plan for maxing Alvida was always "Wait for the Oars event and see how often her books drop there," but there's no telling when or if we'll ever get that event. The boosted drop rate Alvida 4 day thing we got a couple months ago was probably the actual best opportunity. I farmed that a lot, got a few skill ups, and still feel like I "wasted" the chance. :p

Majukun

I actually remember reading about people evolving the Alvidas for extra skill up chances. I guess that's one way to do it, but man, that's a lot of wasted XP and evolvers.

My plan for maxing Alvida was always "Wait for the Oars event and see how often her books drop there," but there's no telling when or if we'll ever get that event. The boosted drop rate Alvida 4 day thing we got a couple months ago was probably the actual best opportunity. I farmed that a lot, got a few skill ups, and still feel like I "wasted" the chance. :p

for what i know,the oars even had tons of skillbooks and no real rule about what drops..so basically it's a lottery,going in for a single specific skillbook is madness...

RedBoot

As an aside, Bride Nami is giving me breed flashbacks with "Cool run, here's a fodder unit, a pig, two baby turtles, a cola, and a V1 3* nami skillbook. Thanks for the 30 stamina!" I hope this isn't the new normal for raids.

It's actually been pretty solid for me. Out of around 12 runs on 30stam so far, I have 5 Namis, 6 Lolas, and somehow 10 QCK Kaku books (seven of those in the last 4 runs). INT Iva books have been the rarest, only 2 so far.

for what i know,the oars even had tons of skillbooks and no real rule about what drops..so basically it's a lottery,going in for a single specific skillbook is madness...

Yeah, that's what I figured. There's a lot of other good books in there too though. I'd rather get 1 Alvida book in 10 runs with a lot of other useful stuff than 2 Alvida books in 10 runs of her fortnight with jack all else to show for it.

Hana-Bi

Got two skill ups for Bride Nami, only one more and I'm set for her in a SW Shanks team. Don't know which sockets I should give her though. Might go CD/Heal over Bind/Despair.

RedBoot

Got two skill ups for Bride Nami, only one more and I'm set for her in a SW Shanks team. Don't know which sockets I should give her though. Might go CD/Heal over Bind/Despair.

Going to go CD/Orbs with mine. It fits for a Sengoku team (which is what I'm doing) but I think it would also work with SW Shanks if I ever pull him. You totally want CD for him (since he maxes at 20), and I want to think that rank 2 or 3 in Orbs plus Shanks's captain ability gives you a ridiculously high chance for a PSY orb.

Heng

Man the drops for this fortnight is disgusting... Nothing but V1 nami books for days. Out of 8 runs, I've only got 1 Kumadori book, 1 INTvankov, 1 wedding Nami, and about 10 v1 Nami books.

Hana-Bi

Going to go CD/Orbs with mine. It fits for a Sengoku team (which is what I'm doing) but I think it would also work with SW Shanks if I ever pull him. You totally want CD for him (since he maxes at 20), and I want to think that rank 2 or 3 in Orbs plus Shanks's captain ability gives you a ridiculously high chance for a PSY orb.

Sadly I don't have Sengoku. :( My Shanks has maxed sockets so I think orbs isn't that important anymore with a friend Shanks. Heal should be good since I could get level 4 quite easily. But yeah, I think level 2 CD is more important than level 3 for bind/despair.

bjork

I've had decent book results so far, but the main thing I want is to socket Towel and Log Nami, and any others I can get done.

I also apparently need to farm a CP9 Kaku, because I have 7 of those books but not the man himself.

MiTYH

I've had decent book results so far, but the main thing I want is to socket Towel and Log Nami, and any others I can get done.

I also apparently need to farm a CP9 Kaku, because I have 7 of those books but not the man himself.

Lucky, I've run this a bunch of times and still haven't gotten him at all

Majukun

did someone got a kumadori book?
as of now I got 3 wedding Nami, 7 Lola, 3 INTvankov books, 2 kaku books but not a single kumadori one

Top Bottom