• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

RedBoot

Congrats on the Coby!

Coby's been making Alvida runs a little less painful when I don't get a book. His drop rate is like 80%, seemingly, and he's brought my Good Coby from 2/10 sockets to 6/10.

I suspect I'll finish his sockets before hitting my (possibly unrealistic) goal of 20 Alvida books (got 4 on the first day, 0 on the second). Nami rates are much better, getting 4 of her per day easily.

Any tip to beat Alvida in Loguetown? She has a defense strong like a turtle

What are your strongest quick captains (or strong rainbow caps like G3)

And do you have any def reducers like manticore and/or cabin boy helmeppo?

Worst case scenario if your capn's suck: take cabin boy helmeppo with you and use his special on 'vida.

MANUELF

Banned
What are your strongest quick captains (or strong rainbow caps like G3)

And do you have any def reducers like manticore and/or cabin boy helmeppo?

Worst case scenario if your capn's suck: take cabin boy helmeppo with you and use his special on 'vida.
Sanji and his special is halving the defense for 2 turns

Majukun

Any tip to beat Alvida in Loguetown? She has a defense strong like a turtle

3 ways

-strong qck character on strong qck team with orb matching (since i suppose the level of your units is not that high if you wanna complete alvida for the first time)

-cabin boy helmeppo,that you can farm on shell town (and maybe it's on the RR pool too?i don't remember if they took him out). he destroys the defense of one enemy for 1 turn..after that alvida becomes just a really weak enemy

-fixed damage special,like dj sanji,but i don't know what units do you have

MiTYH

FINALLY got the secret stage in the wedding fortnight. God, sometimes these haunt me.

Haven't been lucky on the socket front either. My Kimono Mani is at 3 autoheal/2 socket, and I had some of those from before this event

EDIT: TWO TIMES IN A ROW ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

Heng

FINALLY got the secret stage in the wedding fortnight. God, sometimes these haunt me.

Haven't been lucky on the socket front either. My Kimono Mani is at 3 autoheal/2 socket, and I had some of those from before this event

EDIT: TWO TIMES IN A ROW ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!
I've seen it 3 times so far. Ryuma from Brook's FN was really rare, I've only encountered him once out of 2 different weeks of farming for him.

Why is the secret character in this fortnight good? Decent attack with a very low cost?I guess it would be nice for the ranking missions that require a low team cost but I'm not sure if I should bother keeping this character in my box.

Kyou

Coby's been making Alvida runs a little less painful when I don't get a book. His drop rate is like 80%, seemingly, and he's brought my Good Coby from 2/10 sockets to 6/10.

I suspect I'll finish his sockets before hitting my (possibly unrealistic) goal of 20 Alvida books (got 4 on the first day, 0 on the second). Nami rates are much better, getting 4 of her per day easily.

I'm also aiming for 20 books. Up to 14 so far, the end is in sight.

oh and I've started evolving fat alvidas...

RedBoot

Why is the secret character in this fortnight good? Decent attack with a very low cost?I guess it would be nice for the ranking missions that require a low team cost but I'm not sure if I should bother keeping this character in my box.

They provide a guaranteed DEX orb for anyone on your team every 6 turns, assuming you max their skill. Not sure if that's ever really necessary, though. Their stats are terrible.

I don't know that I'd bother with them, but I never toss any uniques and I'll probably end up maxing them while I'm farming the fortnight naturally.

Kyou

Despite having Rayleigh, I don't even know if I want to bother farming his books. His special really doesn't feel all that important.

Legend book farming is so draining.

on the one hand yes you're right, Rayleigh's skill isn't that critical and I've already maxed everything else in the takoyaki fortnight

on the other hand, not maxing a skill all the way feels wrong

Despite having Rayleigh, I don't even know if I want to bother farming his books. His special really doesn't feel all that important.

Legend book farming is so draining.

Farm the one of the Halloween FN for Ray books. You can use the straw hat drops for sockets so it's not a complete waste.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
on the one hand yes you're right, Rayleigh's skill isn't that critical and I've already maxed everything else in the takoyaki fortnight

on the other hand, not maxing a skill all the way feels wrong

It's true. I can understand that. Part of me wants to make sure to max his special regardless.

Farm the one of the Halloween FN for Ray books. You can use the straw hat drops for sockets so it's not a complete waste.

That's a good idea. I think I might wait for the Halloween fortnight then. I really need a lot of strawhat sockets still, so I'll be farming that pretty aggressively.

Kyou

Nvyg81G.png

tumblr_nn8qoczX931tslewgo1_500.gif

RedBoot

Just got five chest drops in one Alvida run, a new record. Only one of them was actually an Alvida book, though (better than none).

I suspect I could have maxed Asura Zoro several times over by now.

Heng

When was the last time Lucci came to global? I feel like it's been forever since I last saw it, might be due to skipping his FN.

I've also lost all hopes for LL skill books. They've removed so many SW books and it doesn't seem like they will keep his skill books in Tom's fortnight. Hopefully they change his special's name so that we can just use the new LL books...

When was the last time Lucci came to global? I feel like it's been forever since I last saw it, might be due to skipping his FN.

I've also lost all hopes for LL skill books. They've removed so many SW books and it doesn't seem like they will keep his skill books in Tom's fortnight. Hopefully they change his special's name so that we can just use the new LL books...

Something like 150 days? Why wouldn't they keep LL books for Tom's Workers FN? It's one book they don't have to change. They'll probably replace the Oars books with one of the RR CP9 units if I had to take a guess. The rest of the drops on the FN seem pretty worthless unless you have a LL or if the Oars replacement book is for a decent unit. None of the droppable units are any good and we don't even have a good Franky to feed Cutty Flam dupes to.

IF ONLY WE HAD A RETURNING FN PEOPLE WANTED TO RUN.

Heng

Something like 150 days? Why wouldn't they keep LL books for Tom's Workers FN? It's one book they don't have to change. They'll probably replace the Oars books with one of the RR CP9 units if I had to take a guess. The rest of the drops on the FN seem pretty worthless unless you have a LL or if the Oars replacement book is for a decent unit. None of the droppable units are any good and we don't even have a good Franky to feed Cutty Flam dupes to.

IF ONLY WE HAD A RETURNING FN PEOPLE WANTED TO RUN.
Oh wow. For some reason, I though LL and the new LL didn't have the same special. Then I take it back, I'm looking forward to running Tom's FN. :)

I still have log Franky so I could use him as a poor man's Zephyr...

chrono01

Somewhat off-topic, I know. It's still One Piece-related!

So, Cospa (a Japanese clothing company) are releasing replica jackets for both Sabo and Bartolomeo.

The Sabo one looks a little plain, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tempted to order the Bartolomeo one. Cospa does some great work (I have a few things from their line), and I do need a semi-warm jacket for the colder weather. If you don't like faux-fur on the Bartolomeo one, it's removable (as shown in the picture).

Sabo:

GOODS_00105941_05.jpg

Bartolomeo:

GOODS_00109241_06.jpg

GOODS_00109241_05.jpg

This is basically a cry for help. Someone come in here and bad-talk my style of fashion so I don't pre-order one of these.

Heng

This is basically a cry for help. Someone come in here and bad-talk my style of fashion so I don't pre-order one of these.
If you are going to buy Bartolomeo's jacket, you are expected to dye your hair green and cut your hair like his. Are you willing to go that far?

bjork

My Garp is at 18 turns. Doing natural stamina today, and 0 skill ups. These raids are really not giving me anything lately.

Majukun

intvankov books stopped dropping for me,but on the other hand i now keep getting more kumadori and kaku books..
i'm still somewhat on schedule..but with the lecrap restaurant coming next week i don't know if i'm gonna get enough intvankov books in time
especially since tomorrow i need to farm seahorses

RedBoot

intvankov books stopped dropping for me,but on the other hand i now keep getting more kumadori and kaku books..

Actually seeing the same...only one INTvankov book so far today, while I've gotten like four Kumadori ones. Also get seven base Nami books in four runs. :p

On the plus side, I skill maxed Mirage Tempo. Hopefully that'll come in handy somewhere.

Kyou

I finally stopped running Alvida, it feels good to be free.

Also you guys will hate me but it is absolutely raining Iva books now that I switched over, feeling pretty good about this.

Nami's FN is a nailbiter sometimes though. Random final stage always keeps things interesting

koryuken

Feeling confident -- ran my LL Aokiji forest team on the WB forest as a test. I easily made it to the last stage on the first try lol. I just barely died, but mostly because my team is built for the Aokiji forest and doesn't have the damage mitigators to juggle.

My team is OP as fuck... with level 5 auto-heal lol
http://optc-db.github.io/damage/#/t...,870:99,718:99,675:99C7,10B0D0E0Q0L0G0R0S100H.

If for whatever reason I fail, there is an even better team with 6* Marco instead of Ivan (but he doesn't have any sockets currently).

Hana-Bi

Feeling confident -- ran my LL Aokiji forest team on the WB forest as a test. I easily made it to the last stage on the first try lol. I just barely died, but mostly because my team is built for the Aokiji forest and doesn't have the damage mitigators to juggle.

http://optc-db.github.io/damage/#/t...,870:99,718:99,675:99C7,10B0D0E0Q0L0G0R0S100H.

If for whatever reason I fail, there is an even better team with 6* Marco instead of Ivan (but he doesn't have any sockets currently).

Damm, nice team. Sadly I don't have IntHawk and Doffy. :(

My team with LL/DexDoffy/SW Shanks/GPUsopp/Aokiji should work too though. :)

Majukun

no shit

Hana-Bi

For sure :) Any team with Log Luffy and either Doffy is a great team. What kind of sockets do you have?

Need one more despair sockets for Aokiji and it would be perfect (right now I needto use my GP with bind/despair sockets instead of heal).

With fully maxed Aokiji my team would look like this (LL friend with heal/orb sockets):

bind max
despair max
heal max
cd max
orb level 2

koryuken

Need one more despair sockets for Aokiji and it would be perfect (right now I needto use my GP with bind/despair sockets instead of heal).

With fully maxed Aokiji my team would look like this (LL friend with heal/orb sockets):

bind max
despair max
heal max
cd max
orb level 2

Nice... those are my identical sockets as well. If I swapped out Ivan for 6* Marco, I would drop to level 4 heal and level 2 orbs.

MiTYH

Ah seahorse island. For every 4/4 baby seahorse, there's a run with nothing.

Also forgot just how bad drop rates were in the cotton candy island. Yikes, after 7 rounds, got 12 cotton candies (and only ONE in attack!). But apparently there's a secret stage with a Sanji that (I think) drops one guaranteed. Which is nice, I guess

EDIT: I think I've asked this before, but who's good to give RCV to after Enel? Sitting on a green turtle with +18 right now, since neither of my two legends (Mihawk/Lucci) need RCV help

RedBoot

Got Brook and Nami on Strawhat Isle. Feels weird getting another Story Brook so soon after TB2.

If anyone gets Franky, does he drop as the evolved version or the Franky Family version?

bjork

I got Franky, but I feel like I had him already. Is he not the same one you can farm in Water 7? People on Reddit make it sound like this is the first time he's been available.

There's two different INT Frankys. The one we got for finishing Water 7 is the evolved one. The only way to get the other one was from a story drop but it's worth noting that their specials are different so it's worth keeping both of them. I'm assuming the one that drops from the Straw Hat Isle is the unevolved form.

Kyou

I got Franky, but I feel like I had him already. Is he not the same one you can farm in Water 7? People on Reddit make it sound like this is the first time he's been available.

he's just the water 7 one

and yeah, it's going all week. If you are really after specific strawhats you can just quit the mission and restart

also candy report: 9 runs, 6 HP, 11 atk, 8 rcv

RedBoot

Nice, glad to see it's Franky Family Franky. Won't have to farm him in Water 7 for the Pokedex.

Kind of a shame that we're still waiting on the two best Frankys, though (SW and 3D2Y). I'd probably socket the evolved Straw Hat one at this point.

bjork

I would like an unevolved Robin just for funsies. Today was Franky and Zoro.

My CC island result was 8 HP, 9 ATK, and 10 RCV. So not too bad. I got what I guess was a rare encounter that was just Hot Rock Stew Sanji, but he just dropped a regular CC. Thought it might've been a +3 one.

bjork

The base ones you can't get in each and every sugofest multiples times are just Robin, Franky, and Brook, right? I might reset for Robin and Brook.

I have this strange notion still, that I'm gonna create some super OP team with the Big Top and a Kid Buggy captain, even though I know it's mathematically impossible.

MiTYH

Bored with these fortnights, so I decided to finally start farming for some CP9 units. Starting with Kaku since I have so many of his QCK FN books.

First run, got a cotton candy. Already I like this better than the islands -_-

EDIT: Second run got me a red lobster. Woo!

bjork

BN sure do like the CP9, they have so many versions.

Where's my Smoker in Tashigi's body, already? I don't want to play One Piece Dance Battle to have that as a playable character.

Top Bottom