• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

RedBoot

Where's my Smoker in Tashigi's body, already? I don't want to play One Piece Dance Battle to have that as a playable character.

Part of me is hoping that the inevitable heart-swapped Strawhat units (and the Smoker/Tashigi swaps too) will be able to socket both of the involved characters. That would be a nice fortnight to farm.

Not as awesome as my other idea for the Law Flashback fortnight, though. Corazon boss, Kid Law miniboss and Young Sengoku (er...Middle Aged Sengoku, I guess) as the secret boss. A triple Legend farming fortnight!

MiTYH

Holy hell! 3rd try farming Kaku in his story mode and I got him! Along with a cola, HP Cotton candy, and red lobster, this was a very good use of stamina.

Might as well try for a second Kaku while I've got the team for it (aka Enel/Enel/QCK fodder)

bjork

Part of me is hoping that the inevitable heart-swapped Strawhat units (and the Smoker/Tashigi swaps too) will be able to socket both of the involved characters. That would be a nice fortnight to farm.

Not as awesome as my other idea for the Law Flashback fortnight, though. Corazon boss, Kid Law miniboss and Young Sengoku (er...Middle Aged Sengoku, I guess) as the secret boss. A triple Legend farming fortnight!

You need to submit a resume to them, I would gem for both of those madly.

Majukun

what character would they count as though? I mean if you get 'sanji in nami' s body', does it count as a Nami or as a sanji?

RedBoot

what character would they count as though? I mean if you get 'sanji in nami' s body', does it count as a Nami or as a sanji?

That's why I'd want them to count for both, it'd make answering that question easy. :p

As far as their design goes, I'd like to see the special and captain abilities match the heart character while the attribute and stats match the body. So Franky in Chopper's body would probably be PSY with Chopper-esque stats (average attack, good RCV) but have a Franky special (which is usually orb manipulation of some sort, probably orb movement or boosting).

I spend a lot of time thinking about this game. :p

Tidd

That's why I'd want them to count for both, it'd make answering that question easy. :p

As far as their design goes, I'd like to see the special and captain abilities match the heart character while the attribute and stats match the body. So Franky in Chopper's body would probably be PSY with Chopper-esque stats (average attack, good RCV) but have a Franky special (which is usually orb manipulation of some sort, probably orb movement or boosting).

I spend a lot of time thinking about this game. :p

This has one huge draw back! You wouldn't be able to use another Franky or Chopper in the same team as the body swapped version since it would count as both. :D

RedBoot

This has one huge draw back! You wouldn't be able to use another Franky or Chopper in the same team as the body swapped version since it would count as both. :D

Ha, very true, I hadn't considered that. I think it's an acceptable drawback, though. Usopp shouldn't be the only Strawhat who runs into that restriction. :p

DZC6Vmt.jpg

THE DREAM IS DEAD.

RedBoot

I liked the idea of Fujitora + Very Good instead, though I guess that would be a time paradox or something. But hey, it's Aokiji's forest, he can do what he wants.

In other news, one run of it with a lock level 1 team showed me just why lock level 3 is basically required. Also, never get Domino under 20%. Unless you want a 99 turn lock.

Heng

Ugg RNG is so cruel... I cannot defeat Sengoku/Garp without a matching orb on Robin, which I had 3 turns to get while stalling on Kuma.

The one time I got a good orb on Robin, I was able to 1 shot Sengoku but missed my last hit on Garp and end up dying to him. I think once I reach Aokiji, it'll be a guaranteed kill assuming I don't choke.

koryuken

dm2COdi.jpg

Was able to get it on the first try with the OP LL team I posted on the previous page. Feels really good, especially after I struggled so much on the WB forest when that first came out.

Majukun

yeah,trying a new training forest when you just got up it's not the best..damn g3 teams are so stressful,no wonder i almost never use them..but it's the only team for the forest i have ready as of now..if anything the first couple stages (after the first 10 of course) seem easy enough...i died at sadi but because of a mistake

maybe i'll give it a try later

Lol. I have accepted that Z isn't coming to global quite a while back, so I'm not too sad myself. Licenses are a bitch, especially when "global" is actually like 20 countries. It's probably some niche country with weird laws that's fucking everyone.

I really didn't expect us to see Zephyr anyway. Global is probably doomed by the fact that they would have to pay licensing fees to each company that has distribution rights to the Film Z movie in every territory that has it. Granted I'm sure they could work out some sort of deal if they wanted, even if for a limited time like Shiki but if you look at it as a business decision, there's no way in hell they would do it, despite the fact that gacha cellphone games are cash cowiest of F2P mobile games. Raid bosses likely don't generate any revenue like RR units would so they have nothing to gain from doing so.

Global's only hope is a theoretical replacement unit but there's no precedent for this happening so I'm inclined to believe it isn't going to happen. RIP

Majukun

Lol. I have accepted that Z isn't coming to global quite a while back, so I'm not too sad myself. Licenses are a bitch, especially when "global" is actually like 20 countries. It's probably some niche country with weird laws that's fucking everyone.

but it's not like people want Z because it's Z,but because of his capt and special ability
how difficult can it be to make another character and give him it's stats and specials?
global really doesn't mean anything to namco if they can't dedicate a bit of their workforce for some exclusive content for us...i mean..they are churning characters like there's no tomorrow in japan..it's really that difficult to release one waifu character less and instead make,i don't know, "shuzo + alpacacino", which ,albeit neo-marines like zephir, are anime fillers which breed demonstrated we can get no problem?they even fit with the theme of being the de facto lead of shooter teams

Kyou

I'd be fine if they even just made a new Sogeking or something

it'd mess up some team dynamics via not being able to have Usopp on the teams but at least there'd be a good shooter captain and booster

Majukun

Lmao. This video reminds me of the video for No Man Sky. Hopefully they'll just replace his sprite but I'm not holding my breath.

Seriously, fuck Garp/Sengoku stage. The only stage that was difficult for my team. Good luck to everyone who's going to try to do this.

don't get the point of robin in that team but congrats

i really wanna a log luffy :(

TheShah

Got to stage 19 on Aokiji forest with a bootleg SW Ace team that only has level 2 bind sockets. Seriously doubt i'll be able to clear 19 though. Not enough damage... *looks at Zephyr and cries*. Hopefully they release a replacement for him.

Heng

don't get the point of robin in that team but congrats

i really wanna a log luffy :(
Thanks! She was the reason I was able to 1 shot Sengoku. He has way too much health, there was no way I could kill Garp and Sengoku in 3 turns. She could be substituted for Aokiji but mine is still low skill/level although he does have the perfect sockets for this raid.

Got to stage 19 on Aokiji forest with a bootleg SW Ace team that only has level 2 bind sockets. Seriously doubt i'll be able to clear 19 though. Not enough damage... *looks at Zephyr and cries*. Hopefully they release a replacement for him.
Damn that sucks... :(

MANUELF

Banned
I'd be fine if they even just made a new Sogeking or something

it'd mess up some team dynamics via not being able to have Usopp on the teams but at least there'd be a good shooter captain and booster
Speaking of Usopp why does everyone use his thriller bark appearance instead of Sogeking?

Majukun

Speaking of Usopp why does everyone use his thriller bark appearance instead of Sogeking?

less recharge time for his special,which makes a ton of difference

especially since the stats of its evolution don't really differ that much to justify the higher CD

keep it at that evolution

Majukun

Does any other crew member have that problema?

usually it's better to keep nami in her "mirage tempo" evolution,because her last evolution is pretty much useless,while the mirage one has the interesting effect to defend totally against an INT attack

only really early units have different specials depending on the evolution,since it was a mechanic that was scrapped pretty early in the game's life,and so only the v 1 and 2 starwhats and some of the early villains (smoker,alvida) have this problem...
another example is v2 zoro,which has 2 different specials but you wanna jusy keep the first evo,streamwolf zoro, since it has a special similiar to nami but with STR attacks, which is way more useful than the special of his evolution

for all the others you shouldn't have any problem evolving them..but to be double sure just check the database

http://optc-db.github.io/characters/#/search/

to double check that both forms of a unit have the same special

Kyou

god I am so glad they mostly ditched changing specials

worth noting that the Franky you get from the strawhats thing right now(and farming water 7) has a different special than his evolution you get for beating Enies Lobby

Tidd

HEY there's hope for SW Ace owners! Today Japan got Byrrndi World for the colosseum. He boosts shooters by 2x for 1 turn and is an int character...

Majukun

HEY there's hope for SW Ace owners! Today Japan got Byrrndi World for the colosseum. He boosts shooters by 2x for 1 turn and is an int character...

still not good enough....the good of the sw ace + zephir combo was that sw ace locks orbs while zephyr gives a 2 turn boost,that means 2 turns of over 3 million damage if you add heracles0n for orb manipulation

still better than nothing,and for a 1 turn burst it's probably even better than zephyr..but as pure damage is concerned,zephyr is stil the ebst choice for shooter teams

also,before we get World on global, a lot will have probably changed

MANUELF

Banned
??
for what i know you should always get the same one..then it's up to you to keep one unevolved and evolve the other
I totally got two differentes Franky, the Franky family one in rookie and the normal one in veteran
Im still in Loguetown so I havent reached Water 7

Majukun

I totally got two differentes Franky, the Franky family one in rookie and the normal one in veteran
Im still in Loguetown so I havent reached Water 7

wait,are you mixing up the strawhat island and the franky's fortnight?

the strawhat island gives you the INT version,which is the story one,the one that changes it's special by evolving...the fortnight gives you the PSY one,which mantains it's special

both always drop on the earliest version of the character,so it's impossible to get 2 different version from the same extra island.

this is fortnight franky
http://optc-db.github.io/characters/#/view/336

this is story franky
http://optc-db.github.io/characters/#/view/629

MANUELF

Banned
wait,are you mixing up the strawhat island and the franky's fortnight?

the strawhat island gives you the INT version,which is the story one,the one that changes it's special by evolving...the fortnight gives you the PSY one,which mantains it's special

both always drop on the earliest version of the character,so it's impossible to get 2 different version from the same extra island.

this is fortnight franky
http://optc-db.github.io/characters/#/view/336

this is story franky
http://optc-db.github.io/characters/#/view/629
Are you talking about the you can only play once event of the strawhats? In there after beating Franky I got a chest with a kiwi sister book, I got both Franky in the weekly raid

Majukun

Are you talking about the you can only play once event of the strawhats? In there after beating Franky I got a chest with a kiwi sister book, I got both Franky in the weekly raid

no,no,the strawhat event will be out the entire week..i just didn't understand you were talking about two different stages,the fortnight and the strwahat island

RedBoot

Are Lola and Nami worth saving for a special up event?

Lola's the best STR orb booster until we get SW Franky or Raid Kuma. Nami has a conditional damage boost, which goes very well with SW Shanks if you have him.

You can probably get by without skill maxing either, but they have uses.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, I got a Hancock Bridal the other day. Doesn't look very good, not sure if I'll evolve her unless the evolution changes her outfit for the better.

Kyou

Lola's the best STR orb booster until we get SW Franky or Raid Kuma. Nami has a conditional damage boost, which goes very well with SW Shanks if you have him.

You can probably get by without skill maxing either, but they have uses.

lola has been seen use in the colosseum

nami..not so much.,.maybe in sw shanks teams..but i'm using her for sockets

alright, thanks. I'll probably hang on to Lola, I'm not going to assume that I'll get a specific legend though.

Now to decide what Nami to socket. Log is way more done than Towel.

koryuken

Lmao. This video reminds me of the video for No Man Sky. Hopefully they'll just replace his sprite but I'm not holding my breath.

Seriously, fuck Garp/Sengoku stage. The only stage that was difficult for my team. Good luck to everyone who's going to try to do this.

Nice :) I was so scared to choke on that last attack lol.

bjork

Looking at some of the socket requirements, I don't think I'm anywhere near even attempting the Aokiji forest. I still haven't done WB's forest either, I always forget about it.

Top Bottom