• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

RalchAC

It was said that you would withstand the Legends, not join them. You were to bring balance to the Rare Recruit, not leave it in darkness.
You were my brother, Chrono. I trusted you.

You still have me, brother.

We will endure our legendless suffering together...

Let the dupes be with you.

I really wish they would run another FP event. I've been sitting on 50 pulls for what seems like forever now.

At this rate that's my only chance to ever grab Doublefinger...

Majukun

I was thinking.. everybody seems to be waiting for the SW batch.. but what characters of that batch are really good? luffy and franky?

Dandte

I was thinking.. everybody seems to be waiting for the SW batch.. but what characters of that batch are really good? luffy and franky?
Also usopp, Zoro and ACE. Sanji is another Lion Zoro, and nami and Chopper can randomize Orbs (meh ;-))
+ Most of them have "okayish" Leaderskills

Tidd

Luffy, Franky and Usopp. And of course shanks and Ace. And I believe it has the best sanji so far, which isn't hard. XD + nice 4* Nami art ;)

And congrats to our new legends owners Especially Chrono :)

Think of all the hundreds of people not posting out of sheer shame.

Me! It was so fucking terrible. Lol

RalchAC

I'm with you guys.

There should be a new pirate crew in One Piece.

"Legendless Pirates"

Mmmm im going to mess around with titles lol.

- Luffy is awesome.
- Franky too.
- SW Usopp is quite cool too. Good stats, upgraded special (10% damage cut + turn delay).

Then you have many above average units. Zoro and Brook have high stats and 4 slots for sockets (and they're really easy to socket too). Zoro has a good captain effect and skill too.

Nami, Chopper and Sanji are the most forgettable ones. But I want a SW Ace lol.

CP9 might be a better batch overall though.

alben

Neo Member

And usop (3 turns delay + 10% life, 14 turns CD, and ok stats)
The rest are good, but nothing special

RedBoot

(On that note I'd loooove to get my hands on Whitey Bay, she looks cool.)

I have Towel Nami, and I still really want Whitey Bay, since it would mean I could use Log Nami and still get the 2.5x boost for INT.

Actually, as long as we're talking about future batches, both WB3 and the Revolutionaries look really solid too. If I ever go nuts on gem spending, it'll probably be for the Revolutionary sugo, I want every single one of them.

Did my morning pull and got Log Robin. Works for me. She looks like she could fit right into the Garp burst team, though her cooldown is a bit too high right now (and who knows when we'll get her skillbooks).

Dawg

i'm trying to keep myself from blowing my other 40 gems on pulls

the only thing that keeps me from doing it is that little voice inside of my head

"surely the next sugo will have new units and boosted chars i don't have yet"

Jayhawk

Have they even released any fortnights in the JP version that drop skill books for the Log Straw Hat units?

And yes, stay strong on holding for those pulls! It would be a missed opportunity for Namco Bandai (especially for generating income) to not have new units for their one-year anniversary sugofest on the global version next month.

RedBoot

Have they even released any fortnights in the JP version that drop skill books for the Log Straw Hat units?

I know Log Luffy has skillbooks now, at least.

I actually wonder if they'll find some way to get them to Global earlier than that, since we got the Log characters so much earlier. If we have to wait til beyond the current JPN fortnights for Log Skillbooks, I mean, that's at least a year off.

RalchAC

i'm trying to keep myself from blowing my other 40 gems on pulls

the only thing that keeps me from doing it is that little voice inside of my head

"surely the next sugo will have new units and boosted chars i don't have yet"

The character database in github let's you mark which units you have and which you don't. It's useful to see which interesting RR units you don't have to see if it's worth pulling a Sugo, since there are a lot of filters.

I know Log Luffy has skillbooks now, at least.

I actually wonder if they'll find some way to get them to Global earlier than that, since we got the Log characters so much earlier. If we have to wait til beyond the current JPN fortnights for Log Skillbooks, I mean, that's at least a year off.

Weren't the Log characters books available at the Freezer crossover event?

RedBoot

Weren't the Log characters books available at the Freezer crossover event?

Hm, looks like they were, according to the old JPN blog, anyway. Weird that github doesn't list that.

I guess that means we have a decent shot at seeing them in a special event, if not the Freiza event itself (which I have to assume we'll see someday).

Dawg

The character database in github let's you mark which units you have and which you don't. It's useful to see which interesting RR units you don't have to see if it's worth pulling a Sugo, since there are a lot of filters.

can u throw me a link

on a related note: does the new fortnight have any viable characters?

RedBoot

Longterm, just Kimono Nami, assuming you can manage to skill her up a bit. Kimono Luffy and Zoro are certainly good for new players, though, thanks to their decent stats and low EXP requirements.

Congrats on the Log Luffy Chrono, I got Log Sanji and Zoro then a bunch of dupes (which tbf I can use in Sengoku team).

Also lol I surprisingly got Kimono Nami before Kimono Luffy (still ain't got him yet) XD

I really need the skill up event and sockets, keeping some base levelled characters for that reason

Edit: Oh yeah got Log Brooks >_>
So I have all Log Straw Hats except for Luffy, Nami and Robin

2+ stamina bars, one penguin

I've decided to stock up on all the "Grindy" evolvers;

6x rainbow hermit

6x rainbow robber

2x rainbow pirate

14x elder seahorse (might be going a bit overkill with that one)

/edit

Do we have any real expectations w/regards to sockets? They should arrive around Water 7 right?

6x rainbow hermit

6x rainbow robber

2x rainbow pirate

/edit

Do we have any real expectations w/regards to sockets? They should arrive around Water 7 right?
TBF Elder seahorses can be easily farmed from 24hr Raid bosses, I gotten too many of them from the recent ones I had to sell a bunch and still running out of space lol

Kyou

6x rainbow hermit

6x rainbow robber

2x rainbow pirate

I never sell 'em but I should have had some in reserve. The one I got went to Doffy instantly, but I need a few more for (in order of importance) Kid, Drake, Jozu and Namule. At this rate I should have the four penguin I need in 5 1/2 days of doing nothing but this

Tidd

No one knows when we will get sockets. It could be next week or as a part of the 1-year anniversary or maybe even later. Remember our first box space upgrade? It could be something like that. xD

No one knows when we will get sockets. It could be next week or as a part of the 1-year anniversary or maybe even later. Remember our first box space upgrade? It could be something like that. xD
I'm wishing for more box spaces lol, is the Japan one still at 500 as well though? TBF it's my raid units and skill books that's wasting space XD

RalchAC

Hopefully soon. It hurts not getting them, especially when Fortnights like the current one appears...

It works with BlueStacks.

Do you have a guide for setting that up? Every time I try BlueStacks (regardless of version), it always crashes right after the intro video starts.
I'm wishing for more box spaces lol, is the Japan one still at 500 as well though? TBF it's my raid units and skill books that's wasting space XD
The last time I checked, they had 800. IDK if it's gone up since then.

Gizuko

It might be because I'm new that I can't tell but, what's so good about Black Shanks?

Sure, he'd be a fine 5* or whatever, but he seems like a really subpar legend, am I missing something? He seems like a Legend version of your favourite (the one you pulled most) Point Chopper.

I'm still rerolling, just in case, but I don't think I will be able to top my current account, so I'll post de ID later (got Log Chopper, Black Shanks and Balloon Luffy, yay!).

It might be because I'm new that I can't tell but, what's so good about Black Shanks?

Sure, he'd be a fine 5* or whatever, but he seems like a really subpar legend, am I missing something? He seems like a Legend version of your favourite (the one you pulled most) Point Chopper.

I'm still rerolling, just in case, but I don't think I will be able to top my current account, so I'll post de ID later (got Log Chopper, Black Shanks and Balloon Luffy, yay!).

Which Shanks did you get?

http://optc.github.io/characters/#/search/shanks

5* black clad Shanks is unevolved, most unevolved units aren't that great yet to be honest.

The 6-star one is where it's at.

RalchAC

Black Shanks is the best PSY captain in the game, but he only works for PSY units (most legends aren't that restricted).

His skill is average, but the captain skill is really good. A quite high damage multiplier that is tied to Health (which isn't a problem, since psy units have high recovery) and a boosted chance (like, really boosted) to get matching orbs (a unit with a matching orb doubles his attack).

He is a unit that shouldn't be underestimated. You won't use him much, but if you need a team to beat a strong INT enemy, you will bring him as your captain.

Many people running 2x Shanks teams like that don't even need orb manipulation.

And yeah, most of the "GREATEST" units in the game are great due to their captain ability, as a great captain skill makes for a great team.

As a rule:

less than 2x attack captains = basically worthless in almost all cases.

2x = "default", generally speaking 2x captains are only considered good if they have an amazing second attribute like 2x health for tank teams.

Not sure if any other 2x captains are ever utilized much.

2.5 x attack captains = the default for aggressive teams.

2.75 x attack captains = something almost entirely found on just legends I believe.

3x attack captains = technically great but almost always has a severe condition. (e.g. don't lose any health)

Some characters like G3/Log and Rayleigh follow different rules, but damage multiplication is the best way to see how "good" a unit might be considered.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
3 pulls, 3 dupes, 0 Legends - business as usual for me me...

i could be disappointed...but...
My Sugofest pulls.

First Rare Recruit:

Gold poster! I wonder what it could be! ...Hatchi. Thanks, game. Amazing start.

Second Rare Recruit:

Silver poster. Probably Coby...nope, Dancing Django. Just as bad. Please stop, game.

Third Rare Recruit:

Who will I get this time? As my mind thought of the endless possibilities of silver posters, I saw something new to me. An image unlike any other, it was like a dream. As the red poster fell to the ground and faded away, this took its place.

My first Legend unit, and the one I was most hoping for. I never thought this day would actually come, especially when I had prior thoughts to skip over this Sugofest.

Today was a good day indeed.
Holy shit - you broke the curse ? You are indeed the child of the Prophecy :eek:
Thats awesome...not just pulling a Legend but frigging Log Luffy - congrats :-D

Also, absolutely do not mean to steal your thunder... I couldn't help to go back in it seems. Did another dozen but came out with...

While Boa continues to elude me, she is the last legend I'm currently missing. Considering my lower and lower odds for missing units I'm grateful for the continued luck...! To anyone, who goes back in during the next 48 hours, all the best of luck - sincerely.
Sweet - congrats - just in time for the yellow Turtle Time.

Verelios

I said this pull was going to be different.

It was going to be spectacular.

I'd pull a Legend.

But in reality

I pulled a 4* Drake Dupe

Thanks Sengoku

Dandte

Missing Rare Recruits:

Usopp V2 - must have | hw usopp can take his role
Mr. Prince Veau Shot - No need
Flintlock Pistols Izo - nice to have
Whitebeard - must have
Urouge - must have | prison croco can take his role
Red Flag X Drake - nice to have
Capone Gang Bege - no need
Rayleigh - must have
Jimbe - Nice to have
Kuma - nice to have
Boa - nice to have
Thatch - must have | for turtles only
Namule - nice to have
Fossa - nice to have
Curiel - nice to have
Sengoku - must have
Kid Ace - no need
Bellmere - no need
Kaya - no need
Kid Sabo - no need
Sw Shanks - nice to have
Blossom Brook - no need
Blossom nami - no need
Kid Luffy - no need
Log Luffy - must have
Log Zoro - no need but i like the artwork
Log Chopper - no need
Log Sanji - no need
Log Nami - nice to have
Log Robin - nice to have
Log Vivi - no need but like the artwork
Christmas Law - no need
Christmas Bonney - no need

Which means i have 29 of 63 global Rare Recruits which aren't farmable. This means i only have 46% of all Rare Recruits.
This feels kinda bad :/ Also i think it's kinda funny how i got stuck at the supernovae batch...

Majukun

ok, this game is officially fucking with me.

being fighting against the urge to pull all day.. so i remember that my old secondary account has some gems, and like many other times I decide to pull there to scratch the itch.
had 17 gems, plus the 1 of today and the one for the error makes 19..i decide to make the first 4 stages of Alubarna to reach 20.

and then I pull

-robin (dupe)
-DEX chopper (expected being double boosted)
-normal usopp (it's like the fourth on this account)

then last one.. and I'm thinking , wouldn't be absurd if this is a leg-

*red poster flies*

**SENGOKU MOTHERFUCKER**

And now I have an old secondary account that haven't been seen use in months with a sengoku while my main account has no legend.. and I don't think I have the time or the strenght to use both accounts...

if I didn't studied statistics and the gambler's fallacy I would said I wasted my luck

Kyou

Condolences Majukun

on another note, it's after a sugo so I figured I'd post an updated collection!

UxUpigC.jpg

I can't say I really feel like I'm missing anything super big except a legend to call my own

koryuken

**SENGOKU MOTHERFUCKER**

And now I have an old secondary account that haven't been seen use in months with a sengoku while my main account has no legend.. and I don't think I have the time or the strenght to use both accounts...

if I didn't studied statistics and the gambler's fallacy I would said I wasted my luck

I would say everything is fairly easy to re-attain on the secondary account except max skill units. How many and which max skill units do you have on your primary? I would say that would be the best metric to evaluate if its worth switching over.

Majukun

I would say everything is fairly easy to re-attain on the secondary account except max skill units. How many and which max skill units do you have on your primary? I would say that would be the best metric to evaluate if its worth switching over.
nah, I'm not abandoning my main account.. way too many hours dedicated to that account.. too many characters maxed.. mihawk, Perona, garp, monster chopper, Marco, Jozu and the list continues.. also it's only at pirate level 128 and at Alubarna in the story missions.. if I remember correctly the last fortnight I run there was the first time Lucci arrived

mileS

Have my phone and tablet out re-rolling at the same time. Pretty insane but I'll try and get over it with some podcasts or something.

ElChado

Neo Member

6x rainbow hermit

6x rainbow robber

2x rainbow pirate

/edit

short answer: we have no idea. but water 7 franky evolves to a unit that boosts freedom units as captain, so unless that changes we need freedom before water 7. The official guide site has also been using screenshots that have sockets visible for a few fortnights now.

long answer:

it took japan 87 days from v2.1 to v3.0 and 89 days from v3.0 to v4.0, keep in mind v3.0 for them was during their 1-year anniversary

for global we had versions 2.1, 2.2, and 2.3 before v3.0 totaling 170 days from v2.1 to v3.0, and it's been 64 days since v3.0 hit global. the 1-year anniversary for global is February 5th(which would be 94 days since v3.0)

The terrifying number is 170 days from V3.0 on global would be April 21st.

A neat bit of info

V2.1 on japan occurred during the first appearance of brook fortnight(19th fortnight released)
V3.0 on japan occurred during sadi-chan impel down fortnight(25th fortnight released)
V4.0 on japan occurred during i think either young arlong or young vivi fortnight which was their 31st or 32nd fortnight

V2.1 on global was during Don Kriegs first appearance(5th fortnight released)
V3.0 on global was during halloween part 2 i believe which was 19th fortnight released or so.
Global is on it's 23rd i think fortnight right now.

can u throw me a link

Thought i read somewhere the kimono zoro is used in the slasher team to beat raid boa and requires a low cd?

Top Bottom