• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Gizuko

Which Shanks did you get?

http://optc.github.io/characters/#/search/shanks

5* black clad Shanks is unevolved, most unevolved units aren't that great yet to be honest.

The 6-star one is where it's at.

Black Shanks is the best PSY captain in the game, but he only works for PSY units (most legends aren't that restricted).

His skill is average, but the captain skill is really good. A quite high damage multiplier that is tied to Health (which isn't a problem, since psy units have high recovery) and a boosted chance (like, really boosted) to get matching orbs (a unit with a matching orb doubles his attack).

He is a unit that shouldn't be underestimated. You won't use him much, but if you need a team to beat a strong INT enemy, you will bring him as your captain.

Many people running 2x Shanks teams like that don't even need orb manipulation.

It was the 5*, the 6* ver does indeed look better, specially knowing how much orbs boost (I didn't think the multiplier would be that high).

I was worried I might have wasted the RNGods' fortune, but I'm fairly happy with this account knowing this.

Thank you both!

RedBoot

short answer: we have no idea. but water 7 franky evolves to a unit that boosts freedom units as captain, so unless that changes we need freedom before water 7.

IIRC that evolution got added after the second Enies Lobby story island, so we wouldn't need freedom units before Water 7 (though it would mean that we'd see them within the next 3 months or so, based on our current progression for story islands).

I feel like sockets should be soon, though. We haven't had an app update since mid-November.

It was the 5*, the 6* ver does indeed look better, specially knowing how much orbs boost (I didn't think the multiplier would be that high).

I was worried I might have wasted the RNGods' fortune, but I'm fairly happy with this account knowing this.

Thank you both!

Honestly every legend is a good get since Sengoku's boost, the worst you can arguably say about any of them is "This one's not quite as good as the others".

I do know that atm PSY is actually one of the types lowest on viable leader variation, there's Garp and in rare cases Marco; Don't think there's many other good dedicated PSY leads.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Are there socket rate up events like there are for skill and super success?

xrokis

Damn congrats chrono and lucy!
i got really hyped after i saw your log luffy and decided to pull.
decided to pull one time and got the legend, the one and only, GOD COBY!
later i pulled a few more times, because i had quite a few gems saved up and..
F06GORW.png
my face was basically
giphy.gif

it's pretty unreal after all this time to finally see a red one fall
the best part is that boa is first legend i really wanted.
even if she isn't often used as a captain she is a beast, an awesome sub, a great special and i can use her for turtle times instead of ace :)))

Are there socket rate up events like there are for skill and super success?

Sockets have a 100% chance so that'd be kinda pointless.

The chance-related aspect of sockets is only in getting the ones you want, not in having them succeed.

Edit:

Grats Xrokis! I like Boa's art.

RalchAC

I don't have one Kumo. Sorry! Which one do you need, I might try to get one when I login next time.

my face was basically
giphy.gif

even if she isn't often used as a captain she is a beast, an awesome sub, a great special and i can use her for turtle times instead of ace :)))

Congrats! Another one leaves the Legendless Club. You will be missed.

I don't have one Kumo. Sorry! Which one do you need, I might try to get one when I login next time.

I like the name "Legendless Legion", it makes us sound less like the minority.

(which it honestly feels like more and more with every sugo, so many legend pulls.)

Majukun

Am I still in the club even if i got a sengoku on the wrong account ?__?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

my face was basically
giphy.gif

Welcome to the REAL FUCKING PIRATES, Pal.

Kumo

Any of them will work for the mission. Just do 1 run of stage 1 in shells town and you'll probably get one. Sorry to bother you with this. :/

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member

Ahhh! There she is! Congrats to you xrokis, way to go...! That's awesome.

Strange note, for some reason the legend pulls for this current Sugo all say "Ultra Super Rare" as opposed to the more recent "Sugo Rare" they've been saying lately. It's kind of strange, the change up, that is. Probably a bad copy/paste of the code I imagine.

chrono01

It was said that you would withstand the Legends, not join them. You were to bring balance to the Rare Recruit, not leave it in darkness.
You were my brother, Chrono. I trusted you.

Also My sugo pulls....as ususal i couldn't Wait for sw 1+2

Helmeppo.....hahahah...
4*base Zoro.....Nr 13 i believe?
5*Buggy....god dammit

My eternal struggle will Continue with the next sugo
I tried to resist the dark-side, but they promised me Legends. I'm only a flesh-and-blood man, I have my weaknesses. They also promised me Boa and, while I didn't get her specifically, I regret nothing.

Sorry about your Sugofest pulls, but at least it's only 15 wasted gems. It could have been worse. :(

I really wish they would run another FP event. I've been sitting on 50 pulls for what seems like forever now.
Agreed. I honestly forget FP is even a thing since I very rarely use them. Raising the cap would be nice, but if they held FP events more regularly, that would be fine too. Just give me a use for these things! Maybe then, when I get [or give] them for barrel-breaking, it won't feel like such a waste. :/

Luffy, Franky and Usopp. And of course shanks and Ace. And I believe it has the best sanji so far, which isn't hard. XD + nice 4* Nami art ;)

And congrats to our new legends owners Especially Chrono :)
And isn't that the most important thing? That delicious SW Nami art...

And thanks, Tidd. I never thought the day would come that I got a Legend, but I guess it's nice to expect the unexpected. You never know what might happen, even with a few pulls here and there. My goal of trying five pulls per Sugofest [unless it's an amazing one, in which case I did more than that] worked out well! :)

i'm trying to keep myself from blowing my other 40 gems on pulls

the only thing that keeps me from doing it is that little voice inside of my head

"surely the next sugo will have new units and boosted chars i don't have yet"
To be completely honest, if you already have a strong DEX team, this Sugofest is easily skippable. I pulled just out of random happenstance, it definitely wasn't planned [since my DEX team is already solid]. I also already had a lot of the other increased-rate units, such as G3 Luffy, Robin, etc. I just got very...very lucky.

If it helps, you're doing the right thing by not pulling. The odds are definitely against you. Best of luck to you in the next Sugofest, though. Hopefully that will be the long-awaited SW one! I'm not sure how much longer they can delay it.

trying to get a bunch of rainbow robbers is the most soul crushing grinding
It is. They're the one evolution material I have few of. I'm swimming in Elder Seahorse, though [pun slightly intended?].

Congrats on the Log Luffy Chrono, I got Log Sanji and Zoro then a bunch of dupes (which tbf I can use in Sengoku team).

Also lol I surprisingly got Kimono Nami before Kimono Luffy (still ain't got him yet) XD

I really need the skill up event and sockets, keeping some base levelled characters for that reason

Edit: Oh yeah got Log Brooks >_>
So I have all Log Straw Hats except for Luffy, Nami and Robin
Thanks.

Man, you already got Kimono Nami? I want her, she won't show up for me! Maybe she's been talking with Boa Hancock and now they're both ignoring me. ;_;

Hopefully soon. It hurts not getting them, especially when Fortnights like the current one appears...
Yeah, it's really painful not having sockets when a special event island comes around [like the Straw Hat/Kimono one] and you're farming for skill-up's. I'd like to socket the kimono units, in addition to raising their skill levels, but I don't know how long I'll be able to hold onto multiple copies... :(

It might be because I'm new that I can't tell but, what's so good about Black Shanks?

Sure, he'd be a fine 5* or whatever, but he seems like a really subpar legend, am I missing something? He seems like a Legend version of your favourite (the one you pulled most) Point Chopper.

I'm still rerolling, just in case, but I don't think I will be able to top my current account, so I'll post de ID later (got Log Chopper, Black Shanks and Balloon Luffy, yay!).
Wow, congrats on that account! A Legend [SW Shanks] + Balloon Luffy is a hell of a start, you did great. I know you were trying for Log Luffy/Rayleigh/Sengoku, but SW Shanks is an amazing unit in his own right so I wouldn't risk things further, especially with Balloon Luffy [evolvable to G3 Luffy] as another recruit. That's an incredible start!

Will add you once you post your ID, and have fun with the rest of the game. Any questions/comments, feel free to post them here and we'll try to help you.

3 pulls, 3 dupes, 0 Legends - business as usual for me me...

i could be disappointed...but...

Holy shit - you broke the curse ? You are indeed the child of the Prophecy :eek:
Thats awesome...not just pulling a Legend but frigging Log Luffy - congrats :-D
Thanks! :)

Yes, curse broken and it feels great. It's worth the horrible pulls I received during the last three straight Sugofest, it was all building to this moment. Sorry to hear about your three dupes, hopefully they're of some level of rarity that you can later use for sockets? They had better not have been Hachi!

ok, this game is officially fucking with me.

being fighting against the urge to pull all day.. so i remember that my old secondary account has some gems, and like many other times I decide to pull there to scratch the itch.
had 17 gems, plus the 1 of today and the one for the error makes 19..i decide to make the first 4 stages of Alubarna to reach 20.

and then I pull

-robin (dupe)
-DEX chopper (expected being double boosted)
-normal usopp (it's like the fourth on this account)

then last one.. and I'm thinking , wouldn't be absurd if this is a leg-

*red poster flies*

**SENGOKU MOTHERFUCKER**

And now I have an old secondary account that haven't been seen use in months with a sengoku while my main account has no legend.. and I don't think I have the time or the strenght to use both accounts...

if I didn't studied statistics and the gambler's fallacy I would said I wasted my luck
I was so happy and was about to congratulate you, then I saw the words "secondary account". I'm so sorry. :(

This is precisely why I only have a main, since I know all of my good pulls would generally be centered on my secondary account making me feel worse about my primary. That split luck between accounts, as it were. I was also going to suggest maybe making the secondary your primary, but after seeing how advanced your main account is, that probably isn't feasible [as you said].

At least you can say you have a Legend now! They don't have to know that it's on your secondary/alt account that you rarely play. We can keep a secret.

my face was basically
giphy.gif

Oh man, congrats! That art is just perfection, and she's a great unit besides that. Seriously, she's an amazing pull. And yes, seeing that red poster fall was surreal. I was literally speechless, until Log Luffy appeared and then I exploded into excitement. :)

Nice to see another leave the Legend-less Club [yes, you count as having Sengoku, Maju]. We still have a few remaining, but don't give up hope. Your day will come too!

RedBoot

According to Reddit, Garp comes back tomorrow night/Friday. Just need one more skill level to max him, so I should be able to take care of that fairly easily.

RalchAC

I like the name "Legendless Legion", it makes us sound less like the minority.

(which it honestly feels like more and more with every sugo, so many legend pulls.)

wirXNSF.gif

Am I still in the club even if i got a sengoku on the wrong account ?__?

Yeah, you're part of our Legendless Legion still. Only main accounts count.

Any of them will work for the mission. Just do 1 run of stage 1 in shells town and you'll probably get one. Sorry to bother you with this. :/

No problem! Give me a few minutes

Edit: I have a str shitty marine, Kumo. Ralch Pirates GAF. If you don't find me tell me your ID or something.

I'm going to make a new Google sheet now

Do you have a guide for setting that up? Every time I try BlueStacks (regardless of version), it always crashes right after the intro video starts.

The last time I checked, they had 800. IDK if it's gone up since then.
That's cool, but everytime that limit goes up I fill it lol, probably won't even have the space for Garp raid lol
can u throw me a link

on a related note: does the new fortnight have any viable characters?
Guessing everyone's talking about the tick boxes on the right/

Thanks.

Man, you already got Kimono Nami? I want her, she won't show up for me! Maybe she's been talking with Boa Hancock and now they're both ignoring me. ;_;

Yeah, it's really painful not having sockets when a special event island comes around [like the Straw Hat/Kimono one] and you're farming for skill-up's. I'd like to socket the kimono units, in addition to raising their skill levels, but I don't know how long I'll be able to hold onto multiple copies... :(
Yeah I have weird luck with rare bosses on raids, for Ryouma he appeared on my first 30 stamina raid lol, Aisa was the one I felt the RNG encounter despair you guys had, appeared on my last raid before they switched over.

FYI folks Garp is back on the 7th:
TFOW0sL.jpg

Majukun

i'm done with garp..but i might actually try farming it on the secondary one now that it has a sengoku..i will probably abandon the idea of the duiual account after a few days though

it's in moments like this that i would like to have a trade option in the game :(

chrono01

One strange thing I've noticed with the Legend pulls this Sugofest is that they say "Ultra Super Rare" and not "Sugo Rare" like they used to.

Hisoka

Missing Rare Recruits:

Usopp V2 - must have | hw usopp can take his role
Mr. Prince Veau Shot - No need
Flintlock Pistols Izo - nice to have
Whitebeard - must have
Urouge - must have | prison croco can take his role
Red Flag X Drake - nice to have
Capone Gang Bege - no need
Rayleigh - must have
Jimbe - Nice to have
Kuma - nice to have
Boa - nice to have
Thatch - must have | for turtles only
Namule - nice to have
Fossa - nice to have
Curiel - nice to have
Sengoku - must have
Kid Ace - no need
Bellmere - no need
Kaya - no need
Kid Sabo - no need
Sw Shanks - nice to have
Blossom Brook - no need
Blossom nami - no need
Kid Luffy - no need
Log Luffy - must have
Log Zoro - no need but i like the artwork
Log Chopper - no need
Log Sanji - no need
Log Nami - nice to have
Log Robin - nice to have
Log Vivi - no need but like the artwork
Christmas Law - no need
Christmas Bonney - no need

Which means i have 29 of 63 global Rare Recruits which aren't farmable. This means i only have 46% of all Rare Recruits.
This feels kinda bad :/ Also i think it's kinda funny how i got stuck at the supernovae batch...

Uhm huh... Just Zolo? So you ain't loving Bonney, Nami or Robin "artwork"? U tell me noe dandte.

my face was basically
giphy.gif

Now that's what i call a waifu, chrono will send you PMs later to send her "artwork".

Jokes aside, congrats.

There are still many here without legends. We're here to stay forever guys. United we stand.

Tidd

Congrats!

At this rate I will be the only one in the club. :( If that's the case I'll go fulltime on japan and have 3. xD

mileS

Some of the good luck rubbed off I think :)

Just pulled Sengoku!!!! He's only the 5* version but that shouldn't be a problem at all right? I'll eventually get to evolve him. Problem is, its on my alt account (fresh start). Main is only plvl 32 or something but It has a really good stable. But I'm willing to rebuild with Sengoku.

ElChado

Neo Member
IIRC that evolution got added after the second Enies Lobby story island, so we wouldn't need freedom units before Water 7 (though it would mean that we'd see them within the next 3 months or so, based on our current progression for story islands).

I feel like sockets should be soon, though. We haven't had an app update since mid-November.

I thought it was just that evolved form was given when you beat enies lobby part 2 and then you no longer got a base franky from beating water 7?

I do find it weird how super success ends at 23:59 instead of 18:59 like always.

The last time i remember having a weird time was when we had an update before an island came out i think.

RedBoot

I'm willing to accept something is wrong with my apk that eliminates legends from the pool

Actually, I noticed today during turtle time that three Rayleighs on my friend list all had 5 as their sixth digit. Not exactly a scientific study sample, but I wouldn't be surprised if the RNG seed was based on something like that.

Might be interesting to do a survey on it. Gather 6th digits, any owned legends, and maybe whichever color you have the most RR-only units in.

Either way, I too have the anti-legend RNG. I did another pull today and got Gin.

chrono01

Just pulled Sengoku!!!! He's only the 5* version but that shouldn't be a problem at all right? I'll eventually get to evolve him. Problem is, its on my alt account (fresh start). Main is only plvl 32 or something but It has a really good stable. But I'm willing to rebuild with Sengoku.
Congrats!

Actually, Legends can only be pulled in their 5* versions, which makes them even harder to pull [since if they had their 5* and 6* versions added to the pool, it'd make it easier to pull one of em'].

Have fun!

RedBoot

I thought it was just that evolved form was given when you beat enies lobby part 2 and then you no longer got a base franky from beating water 7?

So the one in Water 7 (Boss of the Franky Family) is a rare drop from one of the levels, I think. I don't think you get any units from beating Water 7. Then you get the evolved form as a gift for beating EL2, maybe? The two units have different abilities, so one doesn't really override the other (honestly, I'm not really sure why they made one evolve into the other). I could be wrong on either account, though, I don't really remember.

(If you get the evolved Franky, the Sunny, and 10 gems all for beating EL2, that's pretty amazing)

Oh shit I forgot about turtle time today, I thought the next one was tomorrow. Oh well.

Yellow today, blue tomorrow, green on Saturday, I believe. Garp on Friday. Everyone will be busy!

Heng

Level 32 isn't that far into the game tbh. You can only pull the 5 star version of the 6 star characters. I'd say if you're willing to start over then now would be the perfect time.

Kyou

Yellow today, blue tomorrow, green on Saturday, I believe. Garp on Friday. Everyone will be busy!

well that works out well, dont really have any yellow characters that have to have boosting, but blue and green will go towards Jozu and Doffy nicely.

mileS

Congrats!

Actually, Legends can only be pulled in their 5* versions, which makes them even harder to pull [since if they had their 5* and 6* versions added to the pool, it'd make it easier to pull one of em'].

Have fun!

Didn't know that lol. Game is still so new to me. Learning a lot from this thread and just playing in general. Need people on my friend list now! Please if you have room add me ID: 183,364,392

Tidd

Actually, I noticed today during turtle time that three Rayleighs on my friend list all had 5 as their sixth digit. Not exactly a scientific study sample, but I wouldn't be surprised if the RNG seed was based on something like that.

Might be interesting to do a survey on it. Gather 6th digits, any owned legends, and maybe whichever color you have the most RR-only units in.

Either way, I too have the anti-legend RNG. I did another pull today and got Gin.

Which means the legend for 3 is not out yet... Let it be SW Ace.
(if we get Zephyr)
Unfortunately there are a lot 3s in my friend list who have Rayleigh. ._.

chrono01

Didn't know that lol. Game is still so new to me. Learning a lot from this thread and just playing in general. Need people on my friend list now! Please if you have room add me ID: 183,364,392
No worries at all, feel free to ask anything you want. This thread is full of helpful people. :)

Will add you the next time I log on. d(^_^)v

Congrats xrokis, chorono, and lucy!

I know I said I wasn't going to pull but Chrono inspired me and I did 3 pulls. Got dupe Jozu, unevolved Kuro, and Nojiko, who at least is new. Thanks? Even if I can't steal your pull juju, congrats on that Log Luffy, you deserve it.

I think I'm going to start a support group for 300+ day players who don't have a legendary. Tell me I'm not alone gaf, I CAN'T BE THE ONLY ONE!

Hisoka

We already have one solution: 6th digit "0" on GAF = 0 legends. My fault lol.

Congrats on your Sengoku, i think it's a good time to chime in.
Sent you a request, Whitehawks ingame!

ElChado

Neo Member
So the one in Water 7 (Boss of the Franky Family) is a rare drop from one of the levels, I think. I don't think you get any units from beating Water 7. Then you get the evolved form as a gift for beating EL2, maybe? The two units have different abilities, so one doesn't really override the other (honestly, I'm not really sure why they made one evolve into the other). I could be wrong on either account, though, I don't really remember.

(If you get the evolved Franky, the Sunny, and 10 gems all for beating EL2, that's pretty amazing)

I thought i remembered when water 7 first came out you got a franky on completion, then when enies lobby came out water 7 stopped giving away franky on completion, and enies lobby part 2 gave an evolved franky.

To be fair enies lobby 2 is supposed to be pretty rough, like you actually need to have some idea of what you're doing, you can't just bring any team you want.

Majukun

Congrats xrokis, chorono, and lucy!

I know I said I wasn't going to pull but Chrono inspired me and I did 3 pulls. Got dupe Jozu, unevolved Kuro, and Nojiko, who at least is new. Thanks? Even if I can't steal your pull juju, congrats on that Log Luffy, you deserve it.

I think I'm going to start a support group for 300+ day players who don't have a legendary. Tell me I'm not alone gaf, I CAN'T BE THE ONLY ONE!

you are not alone my friend

actually i pulled a sengoku today..but on my secondary account that i never use XD

my main account is still legendless :(

i have a 5 as my 6th digit and didn't get shit :(

koryuken

I am staying strong, 0 pulls so far. I have 4/6 legends, so I'm waiting for SW Ace... there is a very high chance that I may get a dupe legend at this point.

RedBoot

I thought i remembered when water 7 first came out you got a franky on completion, then when enies lobby came out water 7 stopped giving away franky on completion, and enies lobby part 2 gave an evolved franky.

Could be, though it'd be weird if the completion reward was also a drop in one of the levels. But we'll find out soon enough when Water 7 comes to Global. :)

i have a 5 as my 6th digit and didn't get shit :(

Well, if my theory is correct (and it's not), you would just be pulling Rayleigh if you managed to get a legend on that account, you'd still have to hit that 0.1% of actually getting it in the first place. :)

(But more likely it's just all random. Nine, nine, nine, nine, etc)

Top Bottom