• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
RCV candies are good for Hancock's special. HP candies are good for captain ability. Boa is her family name. We don't call Luffy 'Monkey'! Call her Hancock!

I will forever call her Boa and you can nothing do about it.
leuhkikk1y3j.gif

Anyway what is this "Monkey raid" you're talking about?

RedBoot

So do her sisters because they're also named Boa? You guys gonna farm the Monkey raid tonight? I can't wait to get rid of all these Donquixote copies during a skill-up event.

I'll be farming Tanjiahdo Loluflamingo when he returns. Can't wait for the Bisoromi Bear raid!

(Side note: I looked those up for the proper spelling, and was reminded that Ace was renamed Trace in the 4kids dub. Had totally blocked that out of my mind)

chrono01

I know I'm a bit late, but I added myself to the Google Doc, as well as send a friend request to those I hadn't already be-friended. d(^_^)v

Firestorm

I was thinking of starting this. I like the Mario RPG-esque timed hits. Just did my second roll. Is there an easy way to re-roll on iOS? I got Miss Goldenweek and Chopper

Majukun

damn I lack decent DEX captains.. it is possible to defeat 60 stamina ener with a double. mihawk team? what other characters are necessary?

I might also need to dump all those towel Nami and law books to make space for him since we are not getting a 2x skillup

damn I lack decent DEX captains.. it is possible to defeat 60 stamina ener with a double. mihawk team? what other characters are necessary?

I might also need to dump all those towel Nami and law books to make space for him since we are not getting a 2x skillup

Mihawk/Doffy/Mihawk/Law/Marco/GP

Just stall as long as you can then use Marco to heal back up. Get Enel to slightly above 50% then use both Mihawks, Law and Doffy and burst him down.

Majukun

Mihawk/Doffy/Mihawk/Law/Marco/GP

Just stall as long as you can then use Marco to heal back up. Get Enel to slightly above 50% then use both Mihawks, Law and Doffy and burst him down.
I don't have law...
also isn't his special underwhelming? or is it useful for something?
what's important seems to be it's captain skill

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I may have to YOLO those Dofla books now. I need to see a team that can effectively farm Enel without issue. Maybe if I have a lot of Max Dofla friends I could get away with using Mihawk / Doflamingo - Mihawk, Law, Marco, GP Usopp.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I don't have law...
also isn't his special underwhelming? or is it useful for something?
what's important seems to be it's captain skill

Reduces crew's current HP by 90%, deals 20,000 fixed damage to all enemies, boosts ATK of QCK characters by 2x for 1 turn

I think that is pretty sick, but you want to use this as your final flash.

and oh my that captain ability

Boosts ATK of QCK characters by 2.25x, recovers 5x character's RCV in HP at the end of each turn

and those stats...

final verdict:

c47ee106566d2ab6efb08027bcccdc38936d5a85_hq.gif

Kyou

so without max mihawk I'm guessing farming is proooobably out of the question?

Shouldn't be too bad for me, I've got some dex heavy hitters, I'll at least be able to get a copy.

RedBoot

wow, wasn't expecting a new raid so soon

I was actually pretty confident we'd get one…I just expected it to be Zephyr or Heracles'n, not Enel. Hell, I would have expected Aokiji before Enel.

Gonna be doing a lot of team-building here…need to find something that can win 60stam without a maxed Dofy. Might not be possible. I'm glad I pulled Apoo during the sugo, though, he might be helpful.

This also means we're fairly likely to see the shooter-only fortnight without Zephyr, unless they really switch up the order. Good thing I have Wyper.

Majukun

I was actually pretty confident we'd get one…I just expected it to be Zephyr or Heracles'n, not Enel. Hell, I would have expected Aokiji before Enel.

Gonna be doing a lot of team-building here…need to find something that can win 60stam without a maxed Dofy. Might not be possible. I'm glad I pulled Apoo during the sugo, though, he might be helpful.

This also means we're fairly likely to see the shooter-only fortnight without Zephyr, unless they really switch up the order. Good thing I have Wyper.
they gave us a DEX Sugofest and then eneru.. next sugo should be psy so.. aokiji, zephyr or. nightmare luffy?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Enel already? Man I keep falling behind no max skill Doffy or Legend unit probably means I'll have to skip this one as well.

Wish Bamco would release some of the regular difficulty raid Bosses now and then... Seems like their whole goal for global now is to get the audience to somehow spend their stones.

cw_sasuke

Guys, not being able to clear 60 is not the end of the world.
No one said that but if you have been playing the game since day 1 and suddenly Bamco releases more difficult raids compared to the Japan schedule it kinda sucks.

I was looking forward to get units like Zephyr before we get to Enel or Aokij.

pelicansurf

No one said that but if you have been playing the game since day 1 and suddenly Bamco releases more difficult raids compared to the Japan schedule it kinda sucks.

I like it, but I see your point. It is forcing us to evolve at a really high pace at the cost of people who have been unlucky with pulls or just started playing this game.

I like it, but I see your point. It is forcing us to evolve at a really high pace at the cost of people who have been unlucky with pulls or just started playing this game.

I started playing the game the day Mihawk first came out. I was so upset that I couldn't get him and thought I'd missed my chance forever. If I managed to survive, I'm certain other new players can as well. If you miss him this time, get him next time.

It looks like most teams for 60 stamina require a cooldown of 21 for Doffy. Unfortunately, any team that uses Doffy/Mihawk mix leads has you using Doffy as captain so you can run Mihawk as a friend captain and a sub. Some teams require Doffy cooldowns as low as 17 or 18. But there's good news! There's one team that doesn't require Doffy! And it's a Rayleigh team. But it requires the Moby Dick boat... which requires a skill maxed Doffy...

The only other teams are SW Ace teams with Zephyr so that isn't even an option at this point.

cw_sasuke

Yeah that's what u mean... Sure there will always be some work around for non perfect teams that can clear the raids. But theist couple weeks the message from Bamco has been quite clear... Friends it's time to step your game up. Not just when it comes to Raids.. A couple of ranking missions already have been nearly impossible to clear if you didn't have G3 or Nick Robin.

With Ray/Log Luffy I would probably also be a bit more relaxed but without the top tier units it's getting tougher now. Especially if some of the better f2p units like Zephyr have been skipped.

Don't wanna complain too much though... It's just the first time since playing this game that I kinda feel stuck when it comes to progression. Dupe Sugofest means there aren't new unit to level and I don't have the time to farm Story Islands units right now. Haven't really played the game outside of the Perona 15 stamina mission and my Dupe pulls the last days.

Let's see how the next couple events work out... If I have time I'll try to farm Doffy the next time he is up.

Kyou

it is getting a bit tiring having to fight tooth and nail for everything, but thankfully I enjoy the gameplay quite a bit

RedBoot

Yeah, that's true, nothing wrong with just getting the boss on the first go, and worrying about farming on the next appearance. Plus, just getting Enel himself should make farming Blackbeard easier on his next go-around.

That being said, when (if?) we get Zephyr, I'm going to farm him all in one go. I've got the units for several teams that can beat him, and I've had them ready for a while now. :p

It looks like Enel comes in 3 different difficulties: Ultimate, Master, and Expert. Unfortunately I can't find anything reliable about drop rates on the lower difficulties so I can't say whether or not it'd be worth trying to farm the Master difficulty.

The easiest team to assemble will probably be this one as the only RR unit it requires is Apoo and his skill cooldown isn't an issue which we won't get a chance to level until presumably the Valentine's Day fortnight anyway.

I have 64 copies of Doffy and I'd personally rather not take the risk of not reaching the 21 turn cooldown limit which would then prevent me from being able to farm Enel and giving me the trouble of having to refarm Doffy. The way I see it, is that the meta around the game is preparing your teams to take on raid bosses the most efficient way possible and while being able to max Enel would be nice, he isn't required for any future raid except for maybe Kuma which is a long long time away.

It sucks trying to optimize your team as efficiently as possible and having it still not be sufficient for new content as it gets put out but in the long run, not having Enel farmed right away isn't going to affect ongoing content for many months. I know you perfectionists and completionists out aren't going to be happy but seeing how often we get reoccurring raid bosses, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

pelicansurf

It looks like most teams for 60 stamina require a cooldown of 21 for Doffy. Unfortunately, any team that uses Doffy/Mihawk mix leads has you using Doffy as captain so you can run Mihawk as a friend captain and a sub. Some teams require Doffy cooldowns as low as 17 or 18. But there's good news! There's one team that doesn't require Doffy! And it's a Rayleigh team. But it requires the Moby Dick boat... which requires a skill maxed Doffy...

The only other teams are SW Ace teams with Zephyr so that isn't even an option at this point.
Oh shit, that's right. Well. Time to use my Doffy's. Wish me luck.

It looks like Enel comes in 3 different difficulties: Ultimate, Master, and Expert. Unfortunately I can't find anything reliable about drop rates on the lower difficulties so I can't say whether or not it'd be worth trying to farm the Master difficulty.

About 15-20% for 30 Stam and 40% for 40.

pelicansurf

Got my Doffy to skill level 17. I'll take it. His special is as good as Mihawk's, so that'll do. Had some really good and really(mostly) bad luck altogether. Hope sockets aren't coming out soon, lol.

Do you need to use Doffy's special to get Moby Dick more than once? I know you have to restall using a WB team, to get his cool down up for the last stage, which is also 17.

Got my Doffy to skill level 17. I'll take it. His special is as good as Mihawk's, so that'll do. Had some really good and really(mostly) bad luck altogether. Hope sockets aren't coming out soon, lol.

Do you need to use Doffy's special to get Moby Dick more than once? I know you have to restall using a WB team, to get his cool down up for the last stage, which is also 17.

Every gamewith WB team that uses Doffy says maxed and uses the skill on the Marco round (18) and the last round (20), whether or not there's enough wiggle room in there to stall an extra 3 turns I can't say.

linkent

Doffy's special is much more useful than Enel.
So I am not gonna risk mine and just wait for skill up. Will farm 1 Enel, we need skill up :(

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
The requirements for 60 stamina are stiff. It's a bummer, but it does look like Bamco is making the game tilt towards the hardcore more so. In some ways it makes sense as to monetize the game further, but I still agree with sentiments above in that it alienates players who won't be able to do the most difficult version of the raid. But in that same sense, there is a 30 and 40 stamina version so there is always opportunity just not the 100% guarantee.

Given the path we've taken since October, it has felt like the Global format knows what it's finally doing now. For example, it would be unsurprising if Aokiji came next month as well but then again, who knows and it's this mystery of what Global does despite knowing the content which makes things exciting and fresh. That being said I'm looking forward to raid Enel as a unit.

I'll more than likely be running my Doffy which is skill maxed as a lead, hopefully we'll get another island this month and I can expand my FL more as to add whomever can properly take advantage of that.

Also, boo to the PSY rate up.

There was a player who beat the beard forest with a skill level 1 Doffy. I think he only used it once, there is a post about it in the subreddit. I'm doing this off the top of my head but I believe the player's name was Raichin.

I was a little worried when I read you decided to use your copies, but 17 is definitely great. Nice to see it worked out.

In other news, better start farming for Wyper and leveling your Tsuru for Domino's shooter restricted fortnight because I don't see how at this point we'll get Zephyr before then.

pelicansurf

The requirements for 60 stamina are stiff. It's a bummer, but it does look like Bamco is making the game tilt towards the hardcore more so. In some ways it makes sense as to monetize the game further, but I still agree with sentiments above in that it alienates players who won't be able to do the most difficult version of the raid. But in that same sense, there is a 30 and 40 stamina version so there is always opportunity just not the 100% guarantee.

Given the path we've taken since October, it has felt like the Global format knows what it's finally doing now. For example, it would be unsurprising if Aokiji came next month as well but then again, who knows and it's this mystery of what Global does despite knowing the content which makes things exciting and fresh. That being said I'm looking forward to raid Enel as a unit.

I'll more than likely be running my Doffy which is skill maxed as a lead, hopefully we'll get another island this month and I can expand my FL more as to add whomever can properly take advantage of that.

Also, boo to the PSY rate up.

There was a player who beat the beard forest with a skill level 1 Doffy. I think he only used it once, there is a post about it in the subreddit. I'm doing this off the top of my head but I believe the player's name was Raichin.

I was a little worried when I read you decided to use your copies, but 17 is definitely great. Nice to see it worked out.
I was pretty worried about it too about halfway through, but I got there. Won't regret it unless they announce sockets in the next month.

Most people will be running Doffy for that double Mihawk potential.

ElChado

Neo Member
While everyone's discussing how no one can do enel without gemming or having a low enough doffy through yolo feedining, i'd like to point out 2 interesting things.

First, this is as you have already guessed, the second raid we've gotten earlier than japan got(first being blackbeard by 1 week nearly). If we line up the timelines and by days since the game started, enel would be march for global if it came the same time japan got it(which was june, the month after the 1-year anniversary). This puts enel nearly 2 months ahead of when japan got it. That's a massive leap in raid content(the halloween fortnight was a bigger leap but that wasnt something hard at all).

Secondly, during this hype you all may have totally missed something. This daily gem event is taking 50% longer than normal. Yes, normally these events are 2 weeks long, with the new years one being an anomaly of 1 week, but this electric boogaloo event is 3 weeks long. While weird at first it can be thrown up as bandai being bandai.

But then, if this was a normal one, it would end jan 25th, and the next one would go till feb 8th.

There it is. The 1 year anniversary of the game is February 5th, which would be at the end of this second daily gem event, but because they extended this one to 3 weeks, the next one is right next to that special date. Something special maybe?

Tl;dr: Enel is coming nearly 2 months ahead of when japan got it, daily gem event is 3 weeks instead of 2 due to 1-year anniversary special stuff coming maybe.

I actually thought I was ahead of the game for a while. I've got a team to easily farm Zephyr, Heracles'n, and even Duval. Enel sure was one hell of a curveball.

Top Bottom