• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Apparently the new event got leaked. Kinda strange but ok. http://www.jeuxvideo.com/forums/42-...ws-les-events-en-septembre-sur-la-globale.htm

Most important things:
- New story island next week: Sabaody Island
- Skill up event in the 2nd week
- Turtle FP pulls

1473270125-6.png

I hope the date is correct for the skill up event because that would mean a 2 day overlap with the Wapol FN for Marco books. Good thing France has never messed up before!

Speaking of Wapol, the FN has a shooter/driven restriction by which I mean it's restricted to driven units. It doesn't look like we'll have much opportunity for a quick farming team but hey, at least it won't be as bad as Domino.

bjork

First world problem post with regards to decision-making due to multiple legendaries on my global account.

So, I have Log Luffy, Whitebeard, Hancock, Sengoku, Rayleigh, and Mihawk legendaries. I am trying to figure out my priorities on powering up with the sockets we get from the upcoming Colosseum.

I believe Mihawk raid is coming back next week, so I am going to try to fully-socket my INT Mihawk with raid Mihawk drops. Bind and despair are givens. I am thinking of going with auto-heal with one of the other sockets and orb chance or cooldown reduction with the last one. Auto-heal seems handy for slasher teams, especially with the RCV reduction from the coffin boat. But then, what if I need to use INT Mihawk on a Whitebeard team? Are there situations where raid Mihawk is better than INT Mihawk?

Going back to Whitebeard... are there any situations in this game where he is a clearly superior captain option than one of my other legendaries? Log Luffy and Whitebeard both have 100% clearance rate on Gamewith. But managing your team's HP on a Whitebeard team seems like it involves more effort and I don't have the boat from his training forest yet, while a Log Luffy captained team can afford to eat meat orbs to deal with mistakes. Rayleigh teams can also eat meat orbs, but that hurts their combo multiplier.

I generally run fortnights, rankings, and story mode with Sengoku or Rayleigh captain just because their teams are pretty straightforward to use and execute with. Which of the following legends do you guys recommend socketing first: Whitebeard, Sengoku, or Rayleigh?

After only logging on the game just for the daily rainbow gems for a few months, I am back into the game in full force. Too bad I missed a ranking or two for the prizes from those. :(

Personally I'd socket Sengoku first, then Ray, then WB. There's been some content lately that isn't Ray-friendly, and I don't think I've ever used my WB as a captain.

For my Legend Mihawk, I went bind/despair/orbs/cd, but I think a lot of people skipped orbs or cd in favor of autoheal. I just don't want to try and change one of the sockets, heh.

Speaking of Wapol, the FN has a shooter/driven restriction by which I mean it's restricted to driven units. It doesn't look like we'll have much opportunity for a quick farming team but hey, at least it won't be as bad as Domino.

Sweet. Sounds like a perfect time for trotting out Legend Doflamingo.

RedBoot

Sweet. Sounds like a perfect time for trotting out Legend Doflamingo.

Yeah, before I pulled Caesar I was gonna do a Raid Doffy team and just use all Driven Slashers.

That being said, I'm hoping the Wapol fortnight somehow gets delayed or swapped around with something else. Otherwise, next week is looking like Wapol (Marco book) farming, Summer Perona farming, Sabaody story drops, and the Colosseum...I kinda need to run Hogback too but I don't have a clue where that'll fit in.

Man. I wish it worked that way. So far, no one's found a concrete way to exploit the rare recruit. Not even throwing a ton of money at it works.

Seahorses just come in the one color, but different tiers. Colt/pony/horse/elder, iirc. It's generally a good idea to keep a few of each, if you get them, since they're used with so many evolutions.

As for GPU, if you just get him evolved for now, you're on the right track. Once he's evolved, you have his special, no matter what level he's at. Then, whenever Kuro's fortnight comes around again, GPU skillbooks drop on the 15-stamina difficulty. By the time it comes back, that'll probably be a cakewalk for your crew.
Thanks for the useful info :)
First world problem post with regards to decision-making due to multiple legendaries on my global account.

So, I have Log Luffy, Whitebeard, Hancock, Sengoku, Rayleigh, and Mihawk legendaries. I am trying to figure out my priorities on powering up with the sockets we get from the upcoming Colosseum.

I believe Mihawk raid is coming back next week, so I am going to try to fully-socket my INT Mihawk with raid Mihawk drops. Bind and despair are givens. I am thinking of going with auto-heal with one of the other sockets and orb chance or cooldown reduction with the last one. Auto-heal seems handy for slasher teams, especially with the RCV reduction from the coffin boat. But then, what if I need to use INT Mihawk on a Whitebeard team? Are there situations where raid Mihawk is better than INT Mihawk?

Going back to Whitebeard... are there any situations in this game where he is a clearly superior captain option than one of my other legendaries? Log Luffy and Whitebeard both have 100% clearance rate on Gamewith. But managing your team's HP on a Whitebeard team seems like it involves more effort and I don't have the boat from his training forest yet, while a Log Luffy captained team can afford to eat meat orbs to deal with mistakes. Rayleigh teams can also eat meat orbs, but that hurts their combo multiplier.

I generally run fortnights, rankings, and story mode with Sengoku or Rayleigh captain just because their teams are pretty straightforward to use and execute with. Which of the following legends do you guys recommend socketing first: Whitebeard, Sengoku, or Rayleigh?

After only logging on the game just for the daily rainbow gems for a few months, I am back into the game in full force. Too bad I missed a ranking or two for the prizes from those. :(

How in the sam hell did you get all of those??? I re-rolled god knows how many times and barely got Leg Lucci on my very last pull before it ended haha

Kyou

upgrading from a nexus 5 to a 6P after my 5 died, getting everything installed

what can I expect from the SNS backup? If I remember right I'll have to remake my teams and re-favorite everything?

edit: All done, mostly painless.

Re-favoriting everything is a nightmare factory

Heng

WB is a victim of power creep. He may have 100% clear rate but we don't know what other legends are involved in that. I was so happy when I first got him but now I barely use him (I still use him as a sub... Sometimes...). Honestly I'd say go Rayleigh, Sengoku, and WB.

Also for INThawk, ID go with bind, despair, autoheal, and CD. Most INThawk teams will run Doffy anyways so matching orbs isn't as useful as it seems.

Kyou

god SNS backup was so nice, just quick and done

meanwhile I am scrubbing through the entire dokkan battle thread to see if I ever posted my friend code so I can begin attempting to recover it

Jayhawk

Thanks for the tips on my legends. I'll use my colosseum sockets on Rayleigh and Sengoku first. Whitebeard has been a good sub for me on STR/striker/rainbow teams at least. My INThawk team may end up being my strongest in the near future though, once I beef up my 3D2Y Zoro. INThawk, 3D2Y Zoro, and Raid Doffy is a good base for most things and all three are easy to socket. Too bad I've had zero luck for over a year of occasionally farming Alubarna 15 for a story Croc drop.

Hana-Bi

One other thing for WB: auto heal isn't that bad anymore for him. The new meta in Japan has auto heal sockets for him.

As for sockets for your legends I'd probably go for Sengoku then WB (since he'll be used as a sub) and then Ray.

Majukun

got tilestone..now i can't throw away his books...it's gonna be a hard time until the skillup event
probably law's (which i still don't have) and inazuma 's books are on the chopping board..how good is inazuma's skill anyway?

bjork

got tilestone..now i can't throw away his books...it's gonna be a hard time until the skillup event
probably law's (which i still don't have) and inazuma 's books are on the chopping board..how good is inazuma's skill anyway?

I'm not sure how useful inazuma's special is, but I have an evolved Inazuma at level 35 and his attack is under 500. So unless it was absolutely key to beating some specific thing, I don't think I'll every put him in a team.

Majukun

I hope the next sugo sucks so I can skip it.

well we already kinda know what's in it...the 2d2y strawhats batch 2 but for some reason jinbe legend is not in it.

batch is less than exciting for me (luffy and usopp are really good,but the others are kind of meh)..also i'm trying to finally start saving towards the anniversary,so i'm gonna skip it no matter what...especially since lately i NEVER find the units that are supposed to be boosted,so it doesn't really matter to me anymore what units have the boost in each sugo or not.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Next one everyone should definitely pull on is the Aokiji one with the extra drop guy since we probs won't get the free one.

RalchAC

well we already kinda know what's in it...the 2d2y strawhats batch 2 but for some reason jinbe legend is not in it.

batch is less than exciting for me (luffy and usopp are really good,but the others are kind of meh)..also i'm trying to finally start saving towards the anniversary,so i'm gonna skip it no matter what...especially since lately i NEVER find the units that are supposed to be boosted,so it doesn't really matter to me anymore what units have the boost in each sugo or not.

When did the game launched?

Squall, you just started?

Yessir!

So sadly the Smoker fortnight went away. I think I'm going to compare doing a rookie level fortnight's xp versus a story mission that has the x2 bonus to see what would be more worth farming xp at. Need to get that Pirate Lvl up so I can get better units in the line up!

bjork

So sadly the Smoker fortnight went away. I think I'm going to compare doing a rookie level fortnight's xp versus a story mission that has the x2 bonus to see what would be more worth farming xp at. Need to get that Pirate Lvl up so I can get better units in the line up!

Don't forget to take into account that you can get skillbooks from fortnights, and those give 5000 XP to a character that doesn't match. Much better than feeding fodder units or even baby turtles.

Don't forget to take into account that you can get skillbooks from fortnights, and those give 5000 XP to a character that doesn't match. Much better than feeding fodder units or even baby turtles.

Good to know! I have two of those for strength I think since they are red. Is that how it works? If they are red skill books, they';ll give 5k xp to strength units? or do they give them to any units?

Also, are turtles the only critters meant for leveling up? All the others are for evolving? (crabs, seahorses, dragons).

Majukun

Good to know! I have two of those for strength I think since they are red. Is that how it works? If they are red skill books, they';ll give 5k xp to strength units? or do they give them to any units?

Also, are turtles the only critters meant for leveling up? All the others are for evolving? (crabs, seahorses, dragons).

all the units get 5000 exp from any skillbook,doesn't matter for who that skillbook is or what "color" (skillbooks don't strictly have colors)

bonkeng

Yessir!

I have a semi fresh account (plvl 20, Orange Town) with 3 legends (IntHawk, Senguku, Shanks). Which I'm not using anymore. I just log in daily, get some gems, draw during sugo.

You can have it if you want. Rather than let it go to waste.

Here's the box:

Only the legends are levelled during the fp turtles pull.

Majukun

I have a semi fresh account (plvl 20, Orange Town) with 3 legends (IntHawk, Senguku, Shanks). Which I'm not using anymore. I just log in daily, get some gems, draw during sugo.

Here's the box:

it's already better than my box XD

RalchAC

Yeah, with Sengoku he should be able to do story mode up to Little Garden or Drum, since he gives a 3x boost to units that cost 20 or less. Pairing him with Strawhats or unevolved (4*) Gacha units should be great.

And he would be quite popular among other new players :p

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sengoku was my first legend, he helped me out a TON due to my wealth of low cost characters. I still go back to that well from time to time. Sengoku/Sengoku, Asura Zoro, Gear 2 Luffy, Prison Croc and GP Usopp.

Majukun

made a mistake not doing the weekly recharge of baby seahorses...nami's fortnight is giving me tons of pigs and baby turtles but i can't evolve them

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
made a mistake not doing the weekly recharge of baby seahorses...nami's fortnight is giving me tons of pigs and baby turtles but i can't evolve them
Every once in a while I run out and don't restock. Mistakes were made...

koryuken

Here's the box:

I have almost all of the legends atm and I would personally start with IntHawk if I had to do it all over again. He is the most flexibile/bang for the buck legend IMO. Sengoku is excellent but he hits a ceiling. Mihawk doesn't really hit any ceilings and only gets more valuable due to his special. Second preferred starting account would be LL.

Pigs give EXP as well, and you can evolve the pigs so they give... is it 52,500 to a matching character? I think it is.
Oh nice, I got one last night from doing the Nami fortnight on rookie level.

Here's the box:

Holy crap! PM sent, Thanks!!!

RalchAC

26 Log Luff books and over 80 slots of space filled by pigs and turtles.

Need more Seaponies... Or finish Tom Fortnight farming. I want to socket my Towel / Mirage Tempo Nami

Kyou

so with Duval coming back around and me having a max Blackbeard now I'm able to make a pretty easy quick kill team, right?

Majukun

so with Duval coming back around and me having a max Blackbeard now I'm able to make a pretty easy quick kill team, right?

yep,just put the highest atk str guys you have in it,be careful to not get silenced by the girls in the stages before duval itself and have fun...at lest that's what i remember of that raid

Kyou

yep,just put the highest atk str guys you have in it,be careful to not get silenced by the girls in the stages before duval itself and have fun...at lest that's what i remember of that raid

*rubs hands together* This is gonna be good

Tidd

Sugo announcement is interesting...

It says a new clash is coming soon and the boosted characters are especially for that. The boosted characters are PSY units. You know what that means, right? Ze...Nightmare Luffy is coming. But why skip him in the first place if we don't get him during Halloween?

Oh and no Jimbei confirmed. :(

RedBoot

It says a new clash is coming soon and the boosted characters are especially for that. The boosted characters are PSY units. You know what that means, right? Ze...Nightmare Luffy is coming. But why skip him in the first place if we don't get him during Halloween?

Legend Shanks looks to be boosted, too. At any rate, it's an INT boss, and there hasn't even been a new one after Luffy in Japan. So it's Luffy or Zephyr. I think one of those is more likely than the other. :p

In other news: Wapol is next, and Jabra books are the addition. Was hoping for Kalifa or Blueno, since I have those two. Oh well. My farming hell is about to begin. At least the Colo's one day later. I can probably burn through Sabaody before then.

I'm perfectly okay with getting NIghtmare Luffy sooner than later. Especially if they bring him out for the 22nd, 25th, or the 29th for the upcoming skill up event. Who knows, maybe they'll have something new for Halloween this year that they'll have for both global and japan.

Looks like Jabra books are coming with the Wapol FN. I approve of this.

bjork

Gonna try and get some Duvals, but I'm taking a sick day from work because it hurts to turn my head. Don't know if it's from sleeping wrong or maybe related to the car accident, but I'm not gonna go work like this. Maybe I can play laying on my back or something.

It's Zephyr; they are fucking with us.

I would be glad if this happened just so the reddit could start a running gag about something else.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Gonna try and get some Duvals, but I'm taking a sick day from work because it hurts to turn my head. Don't know if it's from sleeping wrong or maybe related to the car accident, but I'm not gonna go work like this. Maybe I can play laying on my back or something.

I would be glad if this happened just so the reddit could start a running gag about something else.

Wait4baba

Wait, wrong community internal joke.

RedBoot

Someone on Reddit raised the idea that they could be referring to Freeza, since he's an INT boss. I think the timing actually makes more sense for him than for Zephyr (who isn't coming) or Luffy (who would work better around Halloween). Plus we did just get Kuma.

koryuken

Someone on Reddit raised the idea that they could be referring to Freeza, since he's an INT boss. I think the timing actually makes more sense for him than for Zephyr (who isn't coming) or Luffy (who would work better around Halloween). Plus we did just get Kuma.

It's 100% NM Luffy. They are not going to release Z a month later, after they went through the trouble of removing him from the forest. That literally is the opposite of logic.

Top Bottom