• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Skittles

Didn't realize that screenshots aren't stored on the sd card, so when I got a new phone the screenshot with my account data went with it. Well rip this game, F2P game data desperately needs to be backed up to google play by default

bonkeng

That's a super great box for starting out.

it's already better than my box XD

I'm just glad someone can take care of it. Such a waste just sitting in my tablet.

I have almost all of the legends atm and I would personally start with IntHawk if I had to do it all over again. He is the most flexibile/bang for the buck legend IMO. Sengoku is excellent but he hits a ceiling. Mihawk doesn't really hit any ceilings and only gets more valuable due to his special. Second preferred starting account would be LL.

If only I have Inthawk on main :(

Well atleast I have Log.

Oh nice, I got one last night from doing the Nami fortnight on rookie level.

Holy crap! PM sent, Thanks!!!

Replied. Hope you'll enjoy it :)

Link it to your sns to be safe.

Kyou

It's 100% NM Luffy. They are not going to release Z a month later, after they went through the trouble of removing him from the forest. That literally is the opposite of logic.

it'd be weird to do Nightmare Luffy a month before Halloween

not as weird as doing Zephyr, but still weird

edit: Blackbeard seems way too reliant on switching and getting good enemy cooldowns. No room for mistakes is kind of a pain.

Switched back to Rayleigh and tweaked the team a bit. Going RayRay/Arlong/Kuma(RR)/Doffy/Usopp

only really need to stall a bit on the turtle but I dont think it's really necessary. Otherwise it's just killing everything before it attacks. Going into the final round you just Sunny(and Rayleigh if you have him) to take out the mobs, then use Kuma for two strength orbs, put them on Kuma and Arlong with Doffy, and OHKO Duval easily.

Thinking about switching Arlong for Fossa just to make it even easier, since you basically need all perfects to kill Duval.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Someone on Reddit raised the idea that they could be referring to Freeza, since he's an INT boss. I think the timing actually makes more sense for him than for Zephyr (who isn't coming) or Luffy (who would work better around Halloween). Plus we did just get Kuma.

Frieza makes a lot of sense, especially since he's in the game files, but was he a Clash in Japan?

Tidd

Frieza wasn't a clash. So it doesn't make sense to refer it that way. Just expect NM Luffy and you won't be disappointed ;)

Majukun

it'd be weird to do Nightmare Luffy a month before Halloween

not as weird as doing Zephyr, but still weird

edit: Blackbeard seems way too reliant on switching and getting good enemy cooldowns. No room for mistakes is kind of a pain.

Switched back to Rayleigh and tweaked the team a bit. Going RayRay/Arlong/Kuma(RR)/Doffy/Usopp

only really need to stall a bit on the turtle but I dont think it's really necessary. Otherwise it's just killing everything before it attacks. Going into the final round you just Sunny(and Rayleigh if you have him) to take out the mobs, then use Kuma for two strength orbs, put them on Kuma and Arlong with Doffy, and OHKO Duval easily.

Thinking about switching Arlong for Fossa just to make it even easier, since you basically need all perfects to kill Duval.

they said a new raid is soon,not when it is,for what we know,they might just be talkig to the one at the end of october..that soon i s just a way to make us pull in a lukewarm sugofest

it's 100% nightmare luffy they are talking about,no doubts about it.

Jayhawk

Are there Powerhouse-only stages that make Nightmare Luffy a good captain? It doesn't seem like it is worth farming him if you have legend Lucci or legend INT captains already. The Wapol fortnight drops legend Marco, Curiel, and Jabra skillbooks among others. Since I do not have legend Marco, and Curiel/Jabra skills aren't the best, it seems like I can focus on summertime Perona to finish socketing my Perona and colloseum next week.

Are there Powerhouse-only stages that make Nightmare Luffy a good captain? It doesn't seem like it is worth farming him if you have legend Lucci or legend INT captains already. The Wapol fortnight drops legend Marco, Curiel, and Jabra skillbooks among others. Since I do not have legend Marco, and Curiel/Jabra skills aren't the best, it seems like I can focus on summertime Perona to finish socketing my Perona and colloseum next week.

NM Luffy is a powerhouse turn delayer, of course he's useful. Not only that his special is sometimes used to break barriers too. If you're real crazy, you can keep an unevolved one to use since he's a slasher and has some specific team uses.

bjork

I'll keep one of each, evolved and unevolved. If that's who we're getting, anyway.

Next week I'll probably clear content for the gems, then hit Perona's island hard. I have to at least get FN Perona socketed, since she's one of the few units I've got max level and max skill and it would be nice to finish a character forever.

Jayhawk

Safely assuming NM Luffy will come back around, it is hard to pass up next week's opportunity to properly socket my fortnight Perona and even my bride Perona. I'll just do NM Luffy a few times with natural stamina. I think I will use a few gems this weekend to farm more Log Luffy skill books.

Which team compositions would use unevolved Nightmare Luffy? Mr. 3 is also an INT slasher with turn delay and better stats. Similar situation for the kimono Tashigi I got from a previous RR.

Is there a point of having dupes of a character? Do I get a major xp boost for merging them? I have two of the CP9 agent that has the giraffe fruit and both regular Usopp and Impact Usopp. Should I merge impact with regular? And the two cp9 together?

RalchAC

Is there a point of having dupes of a character? Do I get a major xp boost for merging them? I have two of the CP9 agent that has the giraffe fruit and both regular Usopp and Impact Usopp. Should I merge impact with regular? And the two cp9 together?

Keep both Usopps. Golden Pound is a great unit (it has the Thriller Bark Costume IIRC and a hammer) for all kind of situations. Impact Usopp boosts PSY units by 2x, which should be great in the future.

If both Kaku's are the exact same version, feed one to the other. Are they the green version?

Keep both Usopps. Golden Pound is a great unit (it has the Thriller Bark Costume IIRC and a hammer) for all kind of situations. Impact Usopp boosts PSY units by 2x, which should be great in the future.

If both Kaku's are the exact same version, feed one to the other. Are they the green version?
Yep both the green version but one is lvl 50 with a golden +1 (whatever that means) and the other is lvl 20 without the +1.
So good to feed the 20 to the 50?

bjork

Yep both the green version but one is lvl 50 with a golden +1 (whatever that means) and the other is lvl 20 without the +1.
So good to feed the 20 to the 50?

Feed the 20 to the 50, yes.

The +1 is an increase to the stats. If you look at the character's profile, after a second or two, one of the stats will show a +1 where the number usually is. This is raised by feeding cotton candies to a character, or sometimes they come from a sugofest with a plus attached.

You can have a max of +200 on a character, with a max of +100 on a specific stat. So if you have +100 on HP, feeding additional HP cotton candies won't grant a plus.

Majukun

getting bored of the summer nami fortnight....as of now i have completed sockets on the kimono version and on the towel one...still have the mirage tempo version to socket (only 2/1 for now) but the fortnight is pretty boring :/

MiTYH

I just did a Duval run, picking random max-level BB. Didn't even occur to me he had anti-despair socket on him until it was too late.

WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS?!

Feed the 20 to the 50, yes.

The +1 is an increase to the stats. If you look at the character's profile, after a second or two, one of the stats will show a +1 where the number usually is. This is raised by feeding cotton candies to a character, or sometimes they come from a sugofest with a plus attached.

You can have a max of +200 on a character, with a max of +100 on a specific stat. So if you have +100 on HP, feeding additional HP cotton candies won't grant a plus.
Ahhh thanks for the explanation, that must be what that puffy cloud like item is! I guess there's no reason to hoard those, eh? Just use them on the best character? Though that's probably relative with this account. Right now I'm using Sengoku because he'll make all my scrubs stronger but maybe once I have enough pirate points to put other good characters in I'll switch to Int Hawk. See you guys mention him a lot. Assuming he's better than Leg Shanks. I can only imagine having enough points to put all three in at once *drools* That would take 90 points though haha
Considering dupes function as skill books you may want to wait to 2x skill up.

How does the 2x skill up work? Is it a special fortnight.

I wonder if it's even worth it for me to socket Towel Nami at this point. I've had Kimono Nami at 5/5 cd and heal and MT Nami at 5/5 cd and orbs after the end of the Bride Nami FN. With Whitey Bay, Ray, and INTHawk, I'm not sure how much action T.Nami will even see unless there's some orb changing scenario specific to a Coliseum fight.

Heng

26 Log Luff books and over 80 slots of space filled by pigs and turtles.

Need more Seaponies... Or finish Tom Fortnight farming. I want to socket my Towel / Mirage Tempo Nami
God damn, you're so lucky with the drops lol. I'm currently at 20 books myself, what is everyone (who's farming Tom's FN) at with LL books?

Also, I think I deleted you a while back when you were inactive for 2 months. If you want to add another LL friend, my ID is 143845157

bjork

Ahhh thanks for the explanation, that must be what that puffy cloud like item is! I guess there's no reason to hoard those, eh? Just use them on the best character? Though that's probably relative with this account. Right now I'm using Sengoku because he'll make all my scrubs stronger but maybe once I have enough pirate points to put other good characters in I'll switch to Int Hawk. See you guys mention him a lot. Assuming he's better than Leg Shanks. I can only imagine having enough points to put all three in at once *drools* That would take 90 points though haha

Shanks is better for PSY characters, Mihawk for slashers. Sengoku stays pretty good unless you evolve characters past the cost where his ability is effective.

If you were going to have all three in one crew, you'd need a captain that boost everyone, like a Gear 3 or a Rayleigh. Shanks could go in a Mihawk team since he's a slasher, or Sengoku could go in a Shanks team since they're both PSY, but there isn't a three-way overlap, unfortunately.

bonkeng

Ahhh thanks for the explanation, that must be what that puffy cloud like item is! I guess there's no reason to hoard those, eh? Just use them on the best character? Though that's probably relative with this account.

It's preferable to give 100 attack and 100 HP candies to your legends.

That's the reason I didn't want to waste those 2 RCV candies on them. I've learned that RCV is good for Enel, Boa and Marco.

But it shouldn't matter too much if you use a few.

I can only imagine having enough points to put all three in at once *drools* That would take 90 points though haha

Like what bjork said, unfortunately, those 3 has no synergy at all. Some legends are great sub but lousy captain, some are great captain but lousy sub.

And take note that you still have to evolve them to 6*, with a total party cost of 165. lol. It will take some time to fit them in a team.

Doubles the chances of skill ups when Powering Up characters with dupes and books.

It's an event starting around the 25th, you'll see "2X SKILL" on your power up menu button during.

Basically rng rates for feeding skillbooks and dupes are doubled while it's ongoing. When you hear about people collecting books. (e.g.: "I got 30 log books so far")

it's because most people keep their dupes and skillbooks to use them during an event.

RalchAC

I've tried Nami island with a standard Slasher team. Got my ass kicked. Would a Monster Chopper team work? With Kid, Log Luffy, Mihawk and Usopp / Smoker as subs.

God damn, you're so lucky with the drops lol. I'm currently at 20 books myself, what is everyone (who's farming Tom's FN) at with LL books?

Also, I think I deleted you a while back when you were inactive for 2 months. If you want to add another LL friend, my ID is 143845157

I've used a bunch of gems though. I just wanted to be sure I would get them.

I've tried Nami island with a standard Slasher team. Got my ass kicked. Would a Monster Chopper team work? With Kid, Log Luffy, Mihawk and Usopp / Smoker as subs.

I've used a bunch of gems though. I just wanted to be sure I would get them.
Monster Chopper might work but you'll probably have to ensure you have a bunch of strong STR units to make sure you'll take out any 1 turn units. If you have Fossa he'll probably be the best unit to use, Kuma would also work to tank with.

Really wonder if I should bother gemming for LL books, not like I'll use them for the next Sugo lol, already got my SW Shanks and won't risk it.

Kyou

Usopp's basically a must

it seems pretty much any Strong STRx3/Usopp/Damage reducer will work, bonus if you can get some other boosts in there

bjork

Mihawk for his special? Sure, I could see that working. I've been running a striker team with Kid or Baby 5 in the lead and striker subs, except for Usopp being a shooter. As long as you're stalling and managing HP, you should be ok.

koryuken

I'm at 42 books and I've spent like 5 gems total...

MiTYH

Oh man, I am SO CLOSE to getting +200 on my INTHawk. Only need 9 more ATK candies.

Keep getting RCV though. Have a turtle with +41 now just... sitting there. New legend soon plz?

Yeah I was using INTHawk for a while but it was hit or miss. Using MC/MC/Kidd/Thousand Sunny specials in the final stage get at least 3-4 gone in the first attacking wave, finish the rest later.

As stated, GP is necessary for the 5th stage when 2/3 times she'll bring someone to lock or enrage everyone

Kyou

Mihawk for his special? Sure, I could see that working. I've been running a striker team with Kid or Baby 5 in the lead and striker subs, except for Usopp being a shooter. As long as you're stalling and managing HP, you should be ok.
The one problem with Mihawk is that the namis will potentially heal before you get to them

Jayhawk

I use gems today to farm for more Log Luffy books and to finish off the Absalom ranking. Of course, zero LL books today. lol

EDIT: The classic complain on GAF trick worked. Three straight runs with LL book drop.

Hana-Bi

I need to clear Aokijis forest this week. I'm at 950+ cola right now and have every other ship maxed.

Will try the forest out with my iPad. My iPhone SE is too small to manual target and hitting perfects with a LL team.

Majukun

today it's one of those day...i make the nami fortnight,nami rarely drops and when she does i can't seem to get good sockets for my mirage tempo nami......so i switch to the tom fortnight,and all i get are books for the franky family giants...

if anything i have maxxed iceburg so...yay?
When is the Sugofest anniversary?

you mean the 2year anniversary of the game?early february

bjork

This whole car accident/insurance/car-shopping hassle has seriously put a strain on my ability to actually play. I think I got like 3 nami runs in yesterday and that was it. 2 of those were beli bags, which is always SO GREAT.-_-

Top Bottom