• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

RedBoot

I guess I should finally get around to watching Film Z now. :p

While this is certainly a good sign for some of the future content (we should get Colo Zephyr, Ain, Binz, and the socket-friendly Robin/Nami fortnight at least), I'd still keep expectations in check for the rest of the movie stuff. Shiki and the SW Hats are likely not coming since even Japan lost those (though we'll get the replacement Strawhats at least).

I feel pretty good about Film Gold stuff since that's new and Bandai's already licensed some of it for Burning Blood. Not sure what to expect for the rest of the movie content, especially since those films have never made it out of Japan in the first place.

Zephyr, Tesoro, and Baccarat are definitely the best of the movie content, so hopefully we'll at least see all of them.

Kumo

4? We should make OT2 now. Skipping it was part of the joke.

I forgot we even skipped 2 LOL. Well, skipping it could be seen as symbolic. We had all pretty much moved on from ever seeing Zephyr but Bandai proved all the doubters wrong today, myself included. WE ARE NOT WORTHY!!

MiTYH

4? We should make OT2 now. Skipping it was part of the joke.

Wow, I had forgotten we skipped OT2. What about:

|OT3| I didn't come here to remember the past

That's a line from the movie.Not by Zephyr though, couldnt find a good one from him

EDIT: Or just go for classic:

|OT4| A Man's Dream Never Dies!

Tidd

I REALLY THINK WE GET ZEPHYR DURING THE SKILL UP EVENT!!

15th -19th princess turtles (already announced)
20th - 24th Clash of clashes
25th Zephyr

That would be the perfect schedule. You get enough princess turtles to level up your characters, can farm a few old raid bosses, skill them up and then Zephyr!

you can do it. Just use the same team as for Aokiji and you should be fine.

Except for his preemptive bind, he does nothing for the first 3 turns. And Ain binds you for 3 turns, so Bind Lv3 sockets is recommended.

Log+Log = level 1

Godsopp = level 2

Garp = level 3 ... yeah I can easily make that work.

Kyou

A little late, but I'm relatively confident I've figured out how to tell which Nami will cast Nullify Damage.

Okay imagine they're numbered like:

6 5 4
1 2 3

whichever Nami does the cutscene-wink-at-you attack will be one number before the one who casts Nullify Damage

so if the middle front row gives you good slots, the right front one will be the null damage one.

MiTYH

What is Zephyr ability and why is everyone fricking out?

He's a shooter powerhouse with an captain ability to boost ATK of shooters by 2.5, and special to boost it again by 1.75 for 2 turns.

And we're freaking out since JPN got him.... what, as the 4th raid? He's been MIA in global since then, even replaced in Aokiji's forest. Most assumed him gone, but he's a massive help in Shooter teams (good lead) and very helpful for Legend Ace owners

koryuken

On Japan, SW Ace is arguably the best legend. He is super safe with a ton of HP, rainbow team (effective against all colors), not effected by shields -- thus basically able to clear all content. What has been stopping us are two things -- Zephyr and SW Strawhats. Zephyr is coming on Global, and redesigned SW characters have been release in Japan. We can now get the #1 Legend team on Global.

RR30

Terrible Sugo for me. Got one new character out of 8 pulls including a dupe SW Shanks. Should I keep it in case we get the Ray shop?
It was only a matter of time as I got 5 of them without one.

koryuken

Terrible Sugo for me. Got one new character out of 8 pulls including a dupe SW Shanks. Should I keep it in case we get the Ray shop?
It was only a matter of time as I got 5 of them without one.

Keep him for the Ray shop. I am keeping my legend dupes for the Rocket Man ship.

4 pulls:
3* Hammer Usopp
5* Bonney
4* Abdullah and Jeet (New)
4* Law

3 dupes and 1 new unit that doesn't look any good. :/

For some reason I felt like wasting some more gems. *Shrug*

3* Kaya
4* 3d2y Brook (New)

Neither of the two new units I got seem good. >_<

At least something good happened today when I was finally able to finish IntHawk's sockets by getting the 3 Auto-Heal sockets. He's 20/20 now with Anti-Lock, Anti-Despair, CD, Auto-Heal.

RalchAC

I Decided to use Bind / Despair / CD on my Towel Nami. After 1 day and a half of farming Im at 1/1/3. Could be worse.

Next week is gonna be packed. Buster Call, Perona, Coliseum and two returning fortnights. At least I don't need to run Wapol...

|OT4| Z Ha Ha Ha Ha! This is the age of Zephyr

Does he have a trademark laugh like many OP characters?

If so there we have the subtitle lol.

Kyou

What jokes will we make now

I can only hope that Shiki or the film gold guy get delayed a year and a half for weird reasons

Jayhawk

Damn, 19/20 sockets on INThawk. The 5th bind socket eludes me, at least 20+ copies used up after I hit 19/20. I was running low on active Sengoku and Rayleigh friends close to the end of the raid night. lol

MANUELF

Banned
Beat Alabasta part 1 and did another pull which made me cry, I wont be able to beat the second part with my current team, any help?
My team is Gear 2 Luffy as captain, GP Ussop, Diamante, Arm Point Chopper and Hack

Jayhawk

Beat Alabasta part 1 and did another pull which made me cry, I wont be able to beat the second part with my current team, any help?
My team is Gear 2 Luffy as captain, GP Ussop, Diamante, Arm Point Chopper and Hack

Pretty sure you've already been given this advice earlier in this thread, but focus on fortnight isles more than story isles.

Keep farming the hardest fortnight difficulty you can reliably beat as that is the best investment with regards to EXP and drops relative to time spent and stamina used. New fortnights only last two weeks and take months to return, and only for a week at a time. You get decent units consistently from fortnight isles and you get the luxury of three fortnights at any given time now.

Story isles will always be around. I only run them if I want to drain stamina before a level up, or if I am done with skill ups I can get from a fortnight.

EDIT: The best drops from story isles have a ridiculously low drop rate. Your focus at the first few months should be increasing your pirate level and increasing the amount of decent, high-leveled units you have. You achieve this by farming fortnights. Fortnights drop their units often, which allow you to increase their skill level as well as power them up. Fortnights drop pigs and turtles for increasing the level of your strongest units. Fortnights also help you build a great early-game, turtle-farming team - the rainbow marine team that clears turtle time with their tandem. Farming turtle time when possible with your stamina should be a priority, as they provide great experience points for your units.

MANUELF

Banned
Pretty sure you've already been given this advice earlier in this thread, but focus on fortnight isles more than story isles.

Keep farming the hardest fortnight difficulty you can reliably beat as that is the best investment with regards to EXP and drops relative to time spent and stamina used. New fortnights only last two weeks and take months to return, and only for a week at a time. You get decent units consistently from fortnight isles and you get the luxury of three fortnights at any given time now.

Story isles will always be around. I only run them if I want to drain stamina before a level up, or if I am done with skill ups I can get from a fortnight.

EDIT: The best drops from story isles have a ridiculously low drop rate. Your focus at the first few months should be increasing your pirate level and increasing the amount of decent, high-leveled units you have. You achieve this by farming fortnights. Fortnights drop their units often, which allow you to increase their skill level as well as power them up. Fortnights drop pigs and turtles for increasing the level of your strongest units. Fortnights also help you build a great early-game, turtle-farming team - the rainbow marine team that clears turtle time with their tandem. Farming turtle time when possible with your stamina should be a priority, as they provide great experience points for your units.

I have tried the fortnights but I can only beat Rookie or Veteran reliably, when I try Elite? I usually get beaten by the boss because each hit of him takes over half of my HP and now a lot of enemies have that nasty first strike skill

bjork

I have tried the fortnights but I can only beat Rookie or Veteran reliably, when I try Elite? I usually get beaten by the boss because each hit of him takes over half of my HP and now a lot of enemies have that nasty first strike skill

Just keep plugging away at the ones you can clear, because the experience for your P-LVL is better than most (if not all?) story levels. The quicker you raise that, the larger your crew cost can be, and once you can fit in higher-cost characters, things open up greatly.

Were you able to get a Mihawk yesterday?

MANUELF

Banned
Just keep plugging away at the ones you can clear, because the experience for your P-LVL is better than most (if not all?) story levels. The quicker you raise that, the larger your crew cost can be, and once you can fit in higher-cost characters, things open up greatly.

Were you able to get a Mihawk yesterday?

I didnt even try, I dont have a psy team for him but I got Squard now so maybe the next time, Im also thinking about trying the turtle hime when it launches but I need to level Squard so he can one shot her

bjork

I didnt even try, I dont have a psy team for him but I got Squard now so maybe the next time, Im also thinking about trying the turtle hime when it launches but I need to level Squard so he can one shot her

Mihawk is DEX, so your STR team would've had a type advantage. The next time he rolls through, try and snag at least one. Raid Mihawk is still a top unit in the game, and slashers are pretty numerous and strong in this game.

Jayhawk

Hime turtle isle costs 50 stamina a run and requires specific types of units to clear. I don't think you will have the heroes with the appropriate specials and enough health to clear it. The strategy is to stall on the first stage and take a few hits to be able to get their specials ready to use for the rest of the stages. Teen turtles hit for 1k damage, elder turtles hit for 4500, and the hime turtle hits for 20004. Do you have a team capable of taking enough hits? Your team must also be able to handle the possibility of an addtional hime turtle.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePieceTC/wiki/guides/princessturtle

One thing I forgot to mention for your early progress is that you should look into evolving your Zoro into Ashura Zoro and your Sanji into Diable Jambe Sanji. Ashura Zoro is a 2x ATK, 2x HP DEX captain and has high stats. He will be a good DEX lead for beginners. Diable Jambe Sanji is a fixed damage dealer that is useful for clearing stages with high defense (e.g., turtles). Aim to get your strongest units evolved and at least level 70+.

RedBoot

Seem pretty inconsistent for me, she sure likes to drop money bags.

It's kind of gone in waves for me, on some days I get her in ~70% of runs, other days it feels more like a standard fortnight and she drops about 40% of the time. The money bags suck though, at least cotton candy drops are useful.

She can also drop cola, surprisingly. I had that happen two runs in a row yesterday, after never seeing it all week before that (and I've been running it 15-20 times a day).

bjork

I am pretty stoked about this update, but tonight's gonna be so busy at work that I won't have time to play much, if at all. Wednesdays are usually the "illegally work through your lunch and skip breaks" day, so we'll see. Then I'm supposed to go see a car after work... so by the time I get home, I'm gonna be well worn out. But if everything goes smooth and the new car pans out, it will be 100% on, when I get home Thursday morning.

Good luck in the coliseum and all that, mateys

MANUELF

Banned
Hime turtle isle costs 50 stamina a run and requires specific types of units to clear. I don't think you will have the heroes with the appropriate specials and enough health to clear it. The strategy is to stall on the first stage and take a few hits to be able to get their specials ready to use for the rest of the stages. Teen turtles hit for 1k damage, elder turtles hit for 4500, and the hime turtle hits for 20004. Do you have a team capable of taking enough hits? Your team must also be able to handle the possibility of an addtional hime turtle.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePieceTC/wiki/guides/princessturtle

One thing I forgot to mention for your early progress is that you should look into evolving your Zoro into Ashura Zoro and your Sanji into Diable Jambe Sanji. Ashura Zoro is a 2x ATK, 2x HP DEX captain and has high stats. He will be a good DEX lead for beginners. Diable Jambe Sanji is a fixed damage dealer that is useful for clearing stages with high defense (e.g., turtles). Aim to get your strongest units evolved and at least level 70+.
I already have them both and Cabin Boy Helmeppo too, my idea is having a team with DJ Sanji, Squard, CB Helmeppo and other two units with a healer as my captain, Squard does 11,500 with his especial and Sanji does 5,000 to everyone, and Helmeppo is there if I need it

Tidd

Good luck in the coliseum and all that, mateys

I believe a lot of people think we will get the coliseum tonight but that's not the case. It will open Wednesday evening/ Thursday morning.

Enough time to do the story and a little bit of Wapol.

RedBoot

I believe a lot of people think we will get the coliseum tonight but that's not the case. It will open Wednesday evening/ Thursday morning.

Enough time to do the story and a little bit of Wapol.

Yeah, I'm going to blaze through Sabaody tomorrow and try for a few of the drops, hopefully I can at least get Law and Sentomaru. Would be nice to get that out of the way before the Colo hits.

My next two weeks are all about the Colo (only farming Urouge and maybe Rebecca), Summer Perona, and Legend Marco books. Maybe some Hogback and Wanze runs too, if I get lucky.

Top Bottom