• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

RedBoot

Man, RNG is being nice to me on Perona. Six runs, 9 Peronas. I wonder if I should just focus on it for a few days, get around 40 for a good chance at skill maxing her, and call it done. I would like to socket my Story Perona too though, if only for fun.

I don't think the Banquet fortnights are really considered "Kimono" FNs in the same way the Strawhat ones are with the incorporation of droppable story mode characters and a large number of skill books. The Jimbe and Croc banquets seem like their own thing, just with a feudal Japanese generals theme. I actually kinda hope they save the 2nd Kimono Strawhats FN for the holidays because that would mean we would get the first Banquet FN during the skill up event, which happens to drop Boa skill books.

Hm, good point. I always just grouped them in with the other ones, but they don't have all the story characters (though they're still quite good for sockets). I guess that Jimbe has a high chance of being next. Anyone interested in hoarding copies on the off-chance you might pull his legend someday? :p

Hana-Bi

Which version of Perona should I focus on? I have every Perona (fortnight, story, rr) and I don't know who should be my top priority.

Problem is that I want to farm Wapol for Jabra books and that I'll farm colo too...

RedBoot

Which version of Perona should I focus on? I have every Perona (fortnight, story, rr) and I don't know who should be my top priority.

Problem is that I want to farm Wapol for Jabra books and that I'll farm colo too...

Fortnight Perona is still the best one, but Summer Perona is definitely usable if you max her skill. If you want to do that, I'd save the copies til skill up, and use any extras to socket fortnight first, then story. But since Perona's regular fortnight is always going to be in the regular rotation, you could also just skip this one if you don't want to bother with Summer Perona. I'm not sure how often she gets used over the fortnight one, but she's probably the best INT damage reducer in general.

Story Perona might be useful someday for DEX orbs, but right now her biggest issue is that her best partner for a full board (fortnight Kalifa) maxes out at 18 turns, which isn't that usable.

RR30

Anyone here have legend Lucci or Bartolomeo? I pulled them a couple of sugo's ago and would like to build teams around them now that I had to uninstall/reinstall for the Coliseum update and lost my teams.
I haven't played too seriously since April when I started a new job. Just usually finish the fortnights for the gem + a couple of copies during free time of the raids. Went from ~5 hours a day at work of nothing to do to basically none and it killed my screw off time on my phone, though with Coliseum now here I'm going to try and play a little more again.

MiTYH

Anyone here have legend Lucci or Bartolomeo? I pulled them a couple of sugo's ago and would like to build teams around them now that I had to uninstall/reinstall for the Coliseum update and lost my teams.
I haven't played too seriously since April when I started a new job. Just usually finish the fortnights for the gem + a couple of copies during free time of the raids. Went from ~5 hours a day at work of nothing to do to basically none and it killed my screw off time on my phone, though with Coliseum now here I'm going to try and play a little more again.

I've got Legend Lucci. He's tough to build a team for since he requires a lot of RR to be useful. This is a powerhouse/fighter team I did for the Breed island that worked well:
http://optc-db.github.io/damage/#/t...9,251:99,731:99,410:99C1,5B0D0E0Q0L0G0R0S100H

Was also toying with a STR/Powerhouse team:
http://optc-db.github.io/damage/#/t...9,647:99,656:99,249:99C1,5B0D0E0Q0L0G0R0S100H

But with Kuma raid out, and Nightmare Luffy around the corner in a few months, those can change a lot.

MiTYH

Yay coliseum is here!
*checks stamina*
Oh, right, I was doing Sabody. .... DAMNIT! 5 stamina, forget this I'll do it in the morning

Jayhawk

Which friend captains are showing up for my account? Not sure how it works now, since I've used like 20 different captains today. lol

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
So is it only worth doing the chaos stages?

You get rewards for completing and doing the previous difficulties. Completing all of Underground Rebecca nets 1 gem, and completing the Absalom stage gives you another gem.

I don't know if you get a gem for completing Exhibition, but that'd make it totally worth the stamina expense.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
You get rewards for completing and doing the previous difficulties. Completing all of Underground Rebecca nets 1 gem, and completing the Absalom stage gives you another gem.

I don't know if you get a gem for completing Exhibition, but that'd make it totally worth the stamina expense.

Hmm, well im F2P only so i will probably mostly stick to chaos since there is just so much stuff to do now and so little stamina.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Hmm, well im F2P only so i will probably mostly stick to chaos since there is just so much stuff to do now and so little stamina.

Depending on your pirate level, you end up net positive on gems by burning one and completing Underground for Rebecca and Lucky Roux. Completing both will net you 4 gems.

Not to mention all the other goodies you get, including socket books.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Depending on your pirate level, you end up net positive on gems by using one and completing Underground for Rebecca and Lucky Roux. Completing both will net you 4 gems.

Not to mention all the other goodies you get, including socket books.

Ah, well i'm pirate level 250 so that sounds like a good idea to spend some gems and get more in return back.

Tidd

Looks like we already have the 100% drop rate for chaos difficulty bosses. Thats my experience and everyone else is reporting this, too.

And look at this beautiful socket book. :)

BFQxNME.jpg

Only complain is Perona on stage 4 takes sooooo long. ;__;

And I'm getting too many damage reduction sockets on my SW Ace. At this rate I need to change my plans...
This was what I wanted to do but right now it looks like I need to change it to this
I think the 2nd one could be slightly better. 5% more damage reduction seems better than a minimal higher chance of matching orbs.

RedBoot

Chaos Bellemere. Bring Level 3 Anti-Lock.

For your health.

But yeah, the Coliseum is exactly what I was hoping it'd be. Tough fights with solid rewards, and finally a way to get many, many socket books.

I ran through all the Exhibition and Underground levels, and started up Rebecca's Chaos path. You can actually get socket books in the lower levels as drops, in golden chests (possibly only from the bosses?). I knew Heracles was supposed to be able to show up, but I haven't seen him yet. Still, didn't realize there were other socket book drops besides him.

Chaos difficulty seems to have a similar drop rate to fortnights, as in nearly every stage will drop something, though it can just be a beli bag. Still, farming the final level of a Chaos path should prove fairly lucrative, assuming you want to max the boss's skill.

LaNaranja

I don't have Lucci but he tends to slip in quite nicely as a friend captain in my powerhouse teams.

Sanji is a great captain to pair with because his healing helps make up for the whole 0 RCV thing. The Going Merry sacrifices some power for additional healing to ensure that you can safely stall. http://optc-db.github.io/damage/#/t...754:99,1031:70,840:99C6,10B0D0E0Q0L0G0R0S100H

Dellinger with the Thousand Sunny gives you a hell of a lot more power and makes you significantly more likely to get matching slots at the cost of making you quite the glass cannon. If you have a Marco he would fit in beautifully here. http://optc-db.github.io/damage/#/t...54:99,1031:70,840:99C13,10B0D0E0Q0L0G0R0S100H

That said I was struggling in the Colosseum with these teams so maybe don't listen to me. :D

RedBoot

REBECCA IS SUCH A GREAT SLASHER!
She's a striker...

Yeah, would help if they didn't call her a Swordswoman in the Colo description. The promo Rebecca (that we never got here) was a Slasher, at least (the Colo version has better stats and gives herself an orb, but the promo one does more damage with her special).

I'm justifying it by her defensive fighting style, she's just hitting them with the flat side of the blade. That would be a strike. Maybe.

Tidd

Like father like daughter.

But Kyros is a slasher? Or I just don't get the joke. :p

Yeah, would help if they didn't call her a Swordswoman in the Colo description. The promo Rebecca (that we never got here) was a Slasher, at least (the Colo version has better stats and gives herself an orb, but the promo one does more damage with her special).

I'm justifying it by her defensive fighting style, she's just hitting them with the flat side of the blade. That would be a strike. Maybe.

Yeah we should not start with this. Or else we mention Killer, Squard and 121221 others.

RedBoot

Yeah we should not start with this. Or else we mention Killer, Squard and 121221 others.

I actually kind of understand Killer and Squard, both were likely set as Strikers for game balance. They both have particularly high attack values for "early" characters, and they probably figured Slashers were good enough already without ~1400 attack beatsticks in every attribute. Granted, we have those now, but at least most of them are legends.

As for Becca, I guess they just wanted strikers to have access to her skill? I dunno.

(Also, Oars Jr. is my favorite weird class character. He throws rocks? Shooter!)

Hana-Bi

I'm getting too many damage reduction sockets on my SW Ace. At this rate I need to change my plans...
This was what I wanted to do but right now it looks like I need to change it to this
I think the 2nd one could be slightly better. 5% more damage reduction seems better than a minimal higher chance of matching orbs.

Yeah, I've got 5 points in damage reduction for my WB but I don't think that I'll keep them and instead hope that I'll get some autoheal socket since I'll use him as a sub and his meta changed anyway.

Speaking of colo: is there a good guide with all those available stages? I'm kinda overwhelmed with the amount of stages and difficulties.

Jayhawk

Yeah, I've got 5 points in damage reduction for my WB but I don't think that I'll keep them and instead hope that I'll get some autoheal socket since I'll use him as a sub and his meta changed anyway.

Speaking of colo: is there a good guide with all those available stages? I'm kinda overwhelmed with the amount of stages and difficulties.

The OPTC subreddit had some decent information like this link:
https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePieceTC/comments/52ka1o/coliseum_introduction_guide_lucky/

Heng

You know what I love about the Colosseum? All the free gems and socket books it gives us every month.
She's a striker...
Maybe it's because they intentionally gave her a blunt sword? That's the only way I can roll with it, Squard and Killer still annoys the hell out if me.

Just now you guys are realizing the class types don't make any sense half the time. Rayleigh carries a sword and SHOOTS some sort of laser beam and is classified as a fighter.

Hana-Bi

Thanks, will try colo out tonight. :)

Fortnight Perona is still the best one, but Summer Perona is definitely usable if you max her skill. If you want to do that, I'd save the copies til skill up, and use any extras to socket fortnight first, then story. But since Perona's regular fortnight is always going to be in the regular rotation, you could also just skip this one if you don't want to bother with Summer Perona. I'm not sure how often she gets used over the fortnight one, but she's probably the best INT damage reducer in general.

Story Perona might be useful someday for DEX orbs, but right now her biggest issue is that her best partner for a full board (fortnight Kalifa) maxes out at 18 turns, which isn't that usable.

Thanks, I don't think I can wait until the skill up event and I might even try to socket Wedding Perona but I don't know if I have the time for that. :(

I'm completely overwhelmed by stuff I want to do in the game right now. I haven't even touched Sabaody and I want to farm Law and Kidd. I need 1 cd and 1 bind socket on my T-bone to finish him. I need to farm Wapol for Marco books. I want to socket my DEX Perona and level and socket INT Perona. I had NO IDEA how big coliseum actually was, as in something like 530 stamina big just to finish everything. And on top of that I need to farm 2 green crabs and and a rainbow shell to evolve my Fat Usopp so I can feed him my 30 some dex booster units to free up my inventory space because I'm currently at 781/800. If only they waited until now to give us the rate up on meat from snails.

And throw on Princess turtles to top things off.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I recently came back and it's been great so far. There is a lot of content, and cool events, and somehow they're giving away even more gems than before.

Just take it easy and do what you can. I've skipped a bunch of raid bosses because I felt I couldn't reliably farm them. I intend to keep doing so for a while. Considering how much stuff is rotating, you'll always have something to do.

Oh you are back ? Nice, i wondered why you stopped playing short after you got Log Luffy. I will try to slowly get back in, as in log in every day and try to finish the new released story quests for now. My box is filled with so many units and i have forgotten most of their actives or what works well together - its kinda weird.

And these latest Story Islands seem kinda difficult as well lol. This will take some time. Wont bother with Event Islands for now. Just too many Gimmicks and prep needed for the newer ones i think.
Just do it. We can fight it out who gets a legend last. :D

Haha yeah i knew there was something left to settle - Challenge excepted xD

Edit:

btw. What is the best team for Turtle Princess ? I dont think i have done that yet - since i still get the Clear Bonus Stone.

chrono01

The Coliseum is a lot of fun. I've cleared the first two difficulties and am working my way through Chaos now. Do these things reset each week or do they alternate in/out different ones? I managed a socket book drop from Heracles-un, which was a nice surprise.

MANUELF

Banned
Cleared the exhibition levels in the colloseum, the underground is doable if I have a healing captain and I dont dare to look at Chaos

UGH THERE'S TOO MUCH CONTENT HELP I'M DYING.

I think I'll keep to farming Perona, the colosseum stages are on a set rotation right? I feel like I might focus on clearing them after the skill up or something, or at least at a point when there's fewer skill books I want to focus on.

Don't think I've ever felt this conflicted about what to focus on though, man.

Kyou

Edit:

btw. What is the best team for Turtle Princess ? I dont think i have done that yet - since i still get the Clear Bonus Stone.
I'm using Duval/Diamble Sanji/Dogpen/Poison Croc/Tilestone

But I have to live with knowing I am totally fucked to a stage 1 secret princess. Otherwise it's fast and foolproof. Stall ten turns, Dogpen>Sanji>Croc>Tilestone

Croc+Duval can kill any secret princesses besides stage 1

Majukun

wow,the hime turrtle is STILL with a guaranteed hime turtle unlike the japanese version where the last stage is a hime + 2 elders

or was that already modified in japan too?

bjork

Went through the easy-tier colosseum for both characters, slowly working on the middle tier. Figure it's best to do them in order? Just running a slasher team without too much trouble, so far. Maybe chaos will blow me away.

MiTYH

Wow, this is a lot of content. Where's the schedule for when this comes back? I know it's not just 24 hours, but the pressure to finish them all now is great. Will probably gem at least once to move through these chaos stages. And since I'm a completionist, I'll have to go through Lucky Roo and Rebecca. But working on Urogue first.

EDIT: Gotta check a guide to make sure I don't waste this precious stamina. Had been using INTHawk and was doing well, but lost on Mr. 3's stage. Got it with a burst Garp/SW Shanks team

bjork

Zeenigami is a full-time YT and twitch dude now, but he says he's making just enough to cover his bills. I'd be pretty hesitant unless I knew it was more stable, but he seems like a cool dude so maybe he'll make it big.

RalchAC

Shouldn't Fortnight Perona be next week anyway? Maybe you should wait and farm other stuff this week.

She's a striker...

She never really slashes anybody when using her sword. She brought people to the edge of the Colisseum and brought them down with blunt attacks.

So it makes sense. As opposed to Killer lol.

Oh you are back ? Nice, i wondered why you stopped playing short after you got Log Luffy. I will try to slowly get back in, as in log in every day and try to finish the new released story quests for now. My box is filled with so many units and i have forgotten most of their actives or what works well together - its kinda weird.

And these latest Story Islands seem kinda difficult as well lol. This will take some time. Wont bother with Event Islands for now. Just too many Gimmicks and prep needed for the newer ones i think.

Edit:

Well, I was kind of burned when I got my Log Luffy. He made me keep playing for a bit, but couldn't change the fact that I didn't want to play it. After a while I felt like playing the game again, and I just did :)

And yeah, the difficulty spike in the later Story Islands is quite big. In stages with bosses (like CP9 members in Ennies Lobby) I would recommend you to see which colour each boss is. I couldn't do everything using a standard Slasher team.

Top Bottom