• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Jayhawk

I already have them both and Cabin Boy Helmeppo too, my idea is having a team with DJ Sanji, Squard, CB Helmeppo and other two units with a healer as my captain, Squard does 11,500 with his especial and Sanji does 5,000 to everyone, and Helmeppo is there if I need it

Hime turtles have 12500 HP, so your Squard can't actually kill a hime turtle and his special is single target only. Your CB Helmeppo is needed to deal with the hime turtle. You'll have to heal through a lot of damage if DJ Sanji is your only non-hime stage clearer. If you have a lot of 8-hit units, then the team may be able to work as long as you don't run into a second hime turtle.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I wonder if the Hime turtles will be accompanied by Elders this time around. That might actually force me to completely change my team around, since Squard is one of my Princess Killers and is single target.

Hana-Bi

Still can't beat Aokijis forest... The worst part are my failed stalling attempts... Hit my combo with LL without problem, chip down some health on the enemies to stall for some turns and I miss my combo when it counts and the enemy has like 10.000 health left...

I'm over 980 colas now and there'll be way too many events in the next days/weeks. Maybe I can clear the forest this weekend.

MANUELF

Banned
Hime turtles have 12500 HP, so your Squard can't actually kill a hime turtle and his special is single target only. Your CB Helmeppo is needed to deal with the hime turtle. You'll have to heal through a lot of damage if DJ Sanji is your only non-hime stage clearer. If you have a lot of 8-hit units, then the team may be able to work as long as you don't run into a second hime turtle.

Yeah thats why Im leveling Squard but it seems he need to be 60+ to OHK a hime turtle and mine is 43, also I did a team with Gear2 Luffy as captain, MS Squard, DJ Sanji, CB Helmeppo and AI Zoro and I have exactly 82 of cost and 50 of stamina so it seems doable

Jayhawk

Yeah thats why Im leveling Squard but it seems he need to be 60+ to OHK a hime turtle and mine is 43, also I did a team with Gear2 Luffy as captain, MS Squard, DJ Sanji, CB Helmeppo and AI Zoro and I have exactly 82 of cost and 50 of stamina so it seems doable

How much HP does that team have? Elder turtles may end up killing you before you reach the final stage.

Jayhawk

With the Baratie it has 5945

Teens hit for 1000, and Elders hit for 4500. Good luck with your strategy. X_X

A max-level, max-skill Raid Enel friend captain is your best option and even then, you'll have to get lucky with timers for the enemy turtles not happening all at once. I'm assuming your heroes do not have a lot of the special levels increased, so that will be a lot of stalling.

MANUELF

Banned
Teens hit for 1000, and Elders hit for 4500. Good luck with your strategy. X_X

A max-level, max-skill Raid Enel friend captain is your best option and even then, you'll have to get lucky with timers for the enemy turtles not happening all at once. I'm assuming your heroes do not have a lot of the special levels increased, so that will be a lot of stalling.

None of them have, I havent been lucky to get dupes and not a single of my friends have an Enel captain, is doable if I kill everything except the teens, a captain ability like Monet or Crocus can heal more than they hit

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
None of them have, I havent been lucky to get dupes and not a single of my friends have an Enel captain, is doable if I kill everything except the teens, a captain ability like Monet or Crocus can heal more than they hit

Monet will do 1 damage per turn. Her captain damage doesn't ignore defense. What Jawhawk is saying is that depending on the cooldown of the turtles, they could do more damage than your total health in a single turn.

Let's assume that you survive stage 1 and get DJ Sanji up for use on stage 2. On stage 3, you'll have 2 teens and 1 elder to contend with, at random cooldowns. And again on stage 4.

But what's more, the issue is really with being able to stall.

Squard has over 20 turns for his special. Helmeppo also. It's not very likely you'll be able to stall over 20 turns on stage 1 with that amount of health.

It might be possible, but it will require a lot of luck.

Jayhawk

Note that elder turtles have apparently 55 HP and appear on every stage except the first and last. Luck will play a big factor for avoiding getting hit at least once by them if your team does not have specials to account for every stage with elder turtles.

Hana-Bi

For princess tt I'm running a double Duval / Enel / Vista / Sanji / SW Shanks team with the Bezan Black as a ship.

With a cd socket Duval friend I get a cd of 11 for my SW Shanks.

Turns out I have more Caesar friends than I thought. Squard and Curiel books here I come.

Edit: Whoops, Squard's in the JP version. Global has Jabra (which I also want anyway).

So I'm looking at summertime perona's stats, while she's not quite as good as Perona she actually looks like a borderline useful unit to me.

If she was another DEX perona I'd just pass her over, but as it stands she's the only INT damage reducer that goes over 50% right?

I might want to keep a regular summertime perona and level her up rather than just using her for sockets. Wapol's kinda difficult anyway so I might enjoy perona more.

What are some good teams for Perona farming? I tried a standard Garp team, and got crushed because I only have lvl 2 anti-despair.

I'm using my LOG luffy team for her myself.

Btw how often did the summertime girl events return in Japan? Are they summer exclusive or what?

I think summertime Perona has some use if maxed, but if these islands won't return for the next year that'd affect my farming priorities a lot.

Majukun

From the active fortnights is there any must have?

summer perona is a good damage reducer if you are just starting
dex chopper in the wapol fortnight cna substitute smoker but has worst stats
wapol is a orb locker..there are already several others but only him and RR trebol are driven

RalchAC

So guys... T-Bone or Summer Perona? Or a bit of both?

I missed T-Bone fortnight the first time it appeared. And, to be honest, he is probably the best PSY Slasher (maybe Buster Call Momonga is a bit better) available. Should I farm him? How important is his skill? Should I save copies for skill up or just feed them as I get them for sockets?

Majukun

Tomorrow Colliseusseum starts right? Is it true that it's really hard?

first couple waves are hard but not that much..is after a couple waves that the colo chaos has begun being insanely hard in japan
So guys... T-Bone or Summer Perona? Or a bit of both?

I missed T-Bone fortnight the first time it appeared. And, to be honest, he is probably the best PSY Slasher (maybe Buster Call Momonga is a bit better) available. Should I farm him? How important is his skill? Should I save copies for skill up or just feed them as I get them for sockets?

well it depends...summer perona is a good character overall but kind of niche since there are other samage reducer ,including her fortnight version..she might find a spot on INT teams if you want a team of the same color but that's it
even as socket material is not incredibly important because perona has a FN ,but she also seem to have a slightly better droprate (for the moment)

t-bone is surpassed by raid momonga as best psy slashr that is not a legend,but for what i've read his skill might found some uses in colosseum and some teams like legend croco ones

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Havent played the games in months...but...we are finally getting Zephyr ? :eek:

Wow thats kinda amazing lol. Even better news for all the people here that were able to pull Legend Ace.

Edit:

Shit Coloseum as well - man i wonder if i should get back. But i feel the Meta has probably moved so far ahead that it will take too much work to get back to speed. Not having a Legend lead already made thing tough enough.

Ill have to do some screenshots and see what Teams i can run.

RalchAC

Wow thats kinda amazing lol. Even better news for all the people here that were able to pull Legend Ace.

Edit:

Shit Coloseum as well - man i wonder if i should get back. But i feel the Meta has probably moved so far ahead that it will take too much work to get back to speed. Not having a Legend lead already made thing tough enough.

I recently came back and it's been great so far. There is a lot of content, and cool events, and somehow they're giving away even more gems than before.

Just take it easy and do what you can. I've skipped a bunch of raid bosses because I felt I couldn't reliably farm them. I intend to keep doing so for a while. Considering how much stuff is rotating, you'll always have something to do.

Hisoka

Edit:

Just do it. We can fight it out who gets a legend last. :D

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I don't play WoW anymore but someone just posted this neat little easter egg on reddit.

GFo87aa.jpg

Bleh, Wapol's despair thing caught me off guard. Should've known he has something up his sleeve for <20%.

I don't play WoW anymore but someone just posted this neat little easter egg on reddit.

Heh, after referencing Touhou of all things in Cataclysm, this isn't really that big of a surprise for me. Also lol at this wowhead comment

With the power of this item, I feel like I could punch through whatever ace my enemy has up their sleeve!

MiTYH

You know it's a good content day when nothing's being posted here... lol

Decided to do Summer Perona and Wapol first, which took most of the stamina. Working on Sabody now, no notable drops yet but it's still early. Rainbow INTHawk slasher teams seem to be doing well but I tihnk stage 9 or so is when I'll get specific characters

RedBoot

Cleared Sabaody. It's tough, though I think most of the TB2 fights are harder, probably because there are more bosses there. Kid and Law are pretty easy (though Law will despair you for 99 turns if you let him get a turn off, might only be when he's below 20%). That being said, the last level might be the hardest story mode level yet. Lots of Pacifistas, and Sentomaru has a pretty harsh setup. Gonna have to figure out the best way to farm him.

Got two Pacifistas to drop on my initial run (fun fact: the STR Pacifista that flees throughout level 13 can drop when he flees), but nothing else of note. Farming Law for now. The female Celestial Dragon's dropped a beli bag twice already.

Jayhawk

It seems that a double Log Luffy team is my safest team for Summertime Perona 30-stamina, as he allows to use a mishmash of whatever units I have that have despair sockets to hit level 3 despair avoidance. Thus, my team ended up being Log Luffy, INThawk, raid Doffy, Log Nami, and GP Usopp. Only GP Usopp is a unit that has type advantage against the INT or STR bosses.

I even screwed up a bunch of times in earlier stages, but the auto-heal sockets and ability to eat meat orbs with LL teams makes his teams more forgiving of mistakes.

With Log Luffy specials to set his orbs to STR and Doffy's special doubling orb effects and allowing me to swap out bad orbs, I am able to take advantage of Perona locking my orbs for one turn and didn't have to deal with the despair because of my sockets. I can easily kill whatever minions are with Perona on the first turn. I can use Log Nami's orb booster special on the second turn, but INThawk's special ends up killing Perona by itself on the second turn.

It seems like Perona can drop in both stage 4 and final stage, so this will be a good place for farming for sockets for both my FN Perona and wedding Perona.

One last thing, can anybody on my friend captain list mind putting up a rainbow dragon or another rainbow evolver unit up as captain? I'd like to clear the rainbow evolver team mission this afternoon, as I have a lot of extra stamina I need to use up before I level up again.

Kyou

One last thing, can anybody on my friend captain list mind putting up a rainbow dragon or another rainbow evolver unit up as captain? I'd like to clear the rainbow evolver team mission this afternoon, as I have a lot of extra stamina I need to use up before I level up again.
Done

RalchAC

It seems that a double Log Luffy team is my safest team for Summertime Perona 30-stamina, as he allows to use a mishmash of whatever units I have that have despair sockets to hit level 3 despair avoidance. Thus, my team ended up being Log Luffy, INThawk, raid Doffy, Log Nami, and GP Usopp. Only GP Usopp is a unit that has type advantage against the INT or STR bosses.

I even screwed up a bunch of times in earlier stages, but the auto-heal sockets and ability to eat meat orbs with LL teams makes his teams more forgiving of mistakes.

With Log Luffy specials to set his orbs to STR and Doffy's special doubling orb effects and allowing me to swap out bad orbs, I am able to take advantage of Perona locking my orbs for one turn and didn't have to deal with the despair because of my sockets. I can easily kill whatever minions are with Perona on the first turn. I can use Log Nami's orb booster special on the second turn, but INThawk's special ends up killing Perona by itself on the second turn.

It seems like Perona can drop in both stage 4 and final stage, so this will be a good place for farming for sockets for both my FN Perona and wedding Perona.

I will set a Rainbow Dragon in one of my captain slots. If you are using one it should appear, right?

Kyou

I'm having a pretty easy time on Perona with GarpGarp/Urouge/Coby/Mr. 2/GP

I just wish she'd drop more. I'd like to get her socketed and be able to finish off Tbone before my vacation

bjork

I got in some Perona runs and got two of her, then I ran Wapol and got the winter chopper and that hippo thing Wapol rides on. What is the Wapol that drops here? Is it just the red story one with a new second evolution?

No time to the story island today. Spent all day looking at cars, yet again. You know what I hate? Looking at cars all day.

Kyou

I got in some Perona runs and got two of her, then I ran Wapol and got the winter chopper and that hippo thing Wapol rides on. What is the Wapol that drops here? Is it just the red story one with a new second evolution?.

new red one that evolves into new blue one

Shackzam

Anyone getting any legend marco drops and if so who dropped it. I'm not having any luck on my end only got one right now out of a bunch of runs. Getting mostly jabra.

Tidd

If we skip the Kimono characters fortnights(I see them as new years fortnights and they did the same with the Luffy/Zoro fortnight) the next unit we get is Marguerite. Looks like Bandai is on the shooter hype train!

Anyone getting any legend marco drops and if so who dropped it. I'm not having any luck on my end only got one right now out of a bunch of runs. Getting mostly jabra.

I'm not 100% sure but I believe I got one from stage 4.

RedBoot

that, I did not expect. I'll be damned.

Worth noting that the unevolved STR form is the only F2P STR orb locker available (RR Kumadori is the only other one, the Boa from the World Pirates fortnight is another F2P option, but that's months from now), so it's actually a reasonable idea to skill up the STR one instead since Hina already covers QCK orb locking.

That is, assuming you put enough value in orb locking. I've used Paulie a few times, but otherwise I think the only time you'd use that ability is with the characters who do it alongside other things (Aokiji, SW Ace, 3D2Y Robin). Probably not really worth the effort to do much with either form of fortnight Wapol. I might just socket the story version. QCK Wapol is a F2P Driven captain option, at least.

If we skip the Kimono characters fortnights(I see them as new years fortnights and they did the same with the Luffy/Zoro fortnight) the next unit we get is Marguerite. Looks like Bandai is on the shooter hype train!

I'm really wondering what they'll give us next. They do treat the Kimono stuff as being special events, but it'd be weird to delay all three of the upcoming ones for several months. Though at least that would give them time to give us Legend Jimbe, it'd really suck to get that fortnight before him.

To be honest, I understand treating the Halloween stuff as special events, since there's a chance at 4 Strawhat sockets per run, not to mention the "Best of" styled skill book drops. But Kimono's really no different than, say, Afro Luffy, as socket potential goes, and the skill books are just like any other fortnight. I think Japan gets them regularly too, they at least have a ranking associated with some of them.

Hana-Bi

Finished Sabaody island and man is stage 14 a pain with a double Enel team. At least Sentomaru dropped so I don't have to farm this island anymore... Sadly no Law/Kid drop but I don't know how useful they might be...

I'm really wondering what they'll give us next. They do treat the Kimono stuff as being special events, but it'd be weird to delay all three of the upcoming ones for several months. Though at least that would give them time to give us Legend Jimbe, it'd really suck to get that fortnight before him.

To be honest, I understand treating the Halloween stuff as special events, since there's a chance at 4 Strawhat sockets per run, not to mention the "Best of" styled skill book drops. But Kimono's really no different than, say, Afro Luffy, as socket potential goes, and the skill books are just like any other fortnight. I think Japan gets them regularly too, they at least have a ranking associated with some of them.

I don't think the Banquet fortnights are really considered "Kimono" FNs in the same way the Strawhat ones are with the incorporation of droppable story mode characters and a large number of skill books. The Jimbe and Croc banquets seem like their own thing, just with a feudal Japanese generals theme. I actually kinda hope they save the 2nd Kimono Strawhats FN for the holidays because that would mean we would get the first Banquet FN during the skill up event, which happens to drop Boa skill books.

Top Bottom