• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Just when I've thought I've run out of creative accidental ways to kill myself I started a Blackbeard team with the Moby Dick as my ship. In my defense they're both giant white boats.

RalchAC

Problem is that we have Colosseum and Wapol FN. I want to max Marco's skill but based on the drop rate, I don't think that's going to happen... I, at the very least, want to finish Colosseum for this gems, CC, and tomes.

Gem.

I mean, there isn't much more you can do. And Colisseum is giving for free quite a bunch of them.

Max skilling a Legend is definitely worth throwing 5-7 gems. That's what I did during Tom Workers Island.

Do you need to skill up any of the Clash characters?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Gotta say - that OP here is really helpful, you did good with that one Ralch and Co. even if its older. I lost like all my links to OPTC related ressources, guides and co. - so yeah this helped me to somehow find my way again.

Didnt make it the last couple days but today i was able to spend like half an hour to clean up my account a bit and see what can or should be done, well and recreate some of the old teams i remember. Will have to look up the ratings again to see how good some of the newer units that i never used are.

For example Hack - he seems like a kickass sub for a G3 team right ? I think he can replace Arlong on my G3 squad.

Still need to max skill Doffy and will farm Z if he is the same as on the JP version - i remember having a Marco team ready for him, but then he never got released.

Also are Jewels Pork the standard ones we always had or some new special ones ?

And for Coloseum,,,can units like Rebecca drop there ? I cleared the lower difficulty and didnt get a drop, so maybe i need to clear it on the higher difficulties. If they drop...is it 100% like for Raids on the higher difficulty ?

Edit:

Is new Khalifa better than Alvida/Perona as a defensive sub on G3?

PS. You know you havent played the game for a while when you completely forgot about Golden Pound Usopp lol.

Edit:

I forgot to ask - what does Rebeccas counter stance actually do ? I still just killed her and nothing happened. I must be missing something.

Tidd

Max skilling a Legend is definitely worth throwing 5-7 gems. That's what I did during Tom Workers Island.

*looks at his SW Ace... & the Zephyr announcement* The 20ish gems I used to max skill him.. I don't regret it. :D

For example Hack - he seems like a kickass sub for a G3 team right ? I think he can replace Arlong on my G3 squad.

He's ok.

Also are Jewels Pork the standard ones we always had or some new special ones ?

Nope nothing changed. They are the same.

And for Coloseum,,,can units like Rebecca drop there ? I cleared the lower difficulty and didnt get a drop, so maybe i need to clear it on the higher difficulties. If they drop...is it 100% like for Raids on the higher difficulty ?

Yes, they can. I believe the chaos difficulty has a 100% drop rate. So it's better to run these.

Is new Khalifa better than Alvida/Perona as a defensive sub on G3?

Nope, to risky. She's great for Whitebeard and Legend croc since they are always at low HP. But for general teams she's too risky.

Nope, to risky. She's great for Whitebeard and Legend croc since they are always at low HP. But for general teams she's too risky.

I can imagine her having some synergy with Enel on certain blue teams, right?

use enel's special to cut your health down all the way, then get full protection from Kalifa the next turn.

I think double enel lead wouldn't work with that as you'd heal straight out of immunity, but if they're both subs I can imagine it working.

My only Legend is IntHawk and I already have him at 20/20 due to getting him shortly before the 1/2 STA raid event. I'm unsure who to invest all of these Socket Books into. I don't want to clog up my inventory with them, now that Colo is available. Who would be a good choice to use them on? I'm thinking maybe Marco?

My only Legend is IntHawk and I already have him at 20/20 due to getting him shortly before the 1/2 STA raid event. I'm unsure who to invest all of these Socket Books into. I don't want to clog up my inventory with them, now that Colo is available. Who would be a good choice to use them on? I'm thinking maybe Marco?

I've been thinking this through myself,

I guess frequently used characters that aren't farmable? If Marco's on a lot of your teams he'd be a good fit.

RedBoot

Problem is that we have Colosseum and Wapol FN. I want to max Marco's skill but based on the drop rate, I don't think that's going to happen...

My problem with the Wapol FN so far isn't that Marco books are rare (I expected that), it's that chest drops in general seem rare. I'm mostly getting pigs and turtles. Stage 6 is fixed as well, and I don't think it drops anything useful yet from what I've seen.

Just gotta gem. We're at the point where even 15-20 gems used to max Marco would probably be a better investment than 4 RR pulls.

(Now if only I was confident that 20 gems would be enough to get the Marco books I need...)

Marco will be farmable eventually, but that's probably 6 months away for us since his colo version just hit JPN. It's not a bad choice. I'll certainly be using socket books on my Marco once I finish Sengoku.

Heng

Gem.

I mean, there isn't much more you can do. And Colisseum is giving for free quite a bunch of them.

My problem with the Wapol FN so far isn't that Marco books are rare (I expected that), it's that chest drops in general seem rare. I'm mostly getting pigs and turtles. Stage 6 is fixed as well, and I don't think it drops anything useful yet from what I've seen.

Just gotta gem. We're at the point where even 15-20 gems used to max Marco would probably be a better investment than 4 RR pulls.

(Now if only I was confident that 20 gems would be enough to get the Marco books I need...)

Marco will be farmable eventually, but that's probably 6 months away for us since his colo version just hit JPN. It's not a bad choice. I'll certainly be using socket books on my Marco once I finish Sengoku.
Alright, you guys convinced me to gem, but I don't have much time to do so. I still need to farm Aokiji, his skill level is still at 27 turns... At least his sockets are almost done I suppose.. I may also toss a few gems for him as well. Good thing his raid is 48 hours.

Hana-Bi

Law farming so far: both Celestials dropped, one beli bag from Law in 20 runs...

Will try to farm Law and Kidd today and if I don't get them I won't farm them the next few weeks...

RedBoot

Law farming so far: both Celestials dropped, one beli bag from Law in 20 runs...

Will try to farm Law and Kidd today and if I don't get them I won't farm them the next few weeks...

Actually managed to get Kidd just now, after striking out on Law and Sentomaru for a while. Kidd only took me about 5 tries, while I gave Law a break after getting both Celestial Dragons, and I gave Sento a break after getting the title for clearing his stage 30 times. :(

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I can imagine her having some synergy with Enel on certain blue teams, right?

use enel's special to cut your health down all the way, then get full protection from Kalifa the next turn.

I think double enel lead wouldn't work with that as you'd heal straight out of immunity, but if they're both subs I can imagine it working.

You actually can't heal out of immunity. It only counts your health at the time of activation of the special. If you're healing immediately after activation by using either Marco or Boa Or Enel, you still get the protection. In fact it's encouraged. Enel, then Kalifa, then heal.

You actually can't heal out of immunity. It only counts your health at the time of activation of the special. If you're healing immediately after activation by using either Marco or Boa Or Enel, you still get the protection. In fact it's encouraged. Enel, then Kalifa, then heal.

O: ... well I'm going to be using Kalifa a lot more then, that's really awesome.

Majukun

almost finished this wave of the colosseum.. only need the last two stages of Rebecca exhibition and to get the last gem... tomorrow after the hime turtles I don't know if to farm urouge or summer perona to socket the DEX one....

almost finished this wave of the colosseum.. only need the last two stages of Rebecca exhibition and to get the last gem... tomorrow after the hime turtles I don't know if to farm urouge or summer perona to socket the DEX one....

If you're going to farm Urouge, you might as well do it during the skill up event unless box space isn't an issue for you and you'd rather spend your stamina on that.

RR30

I've been using mine on SW Shanks. I hate that fort night and had terrible luck getting the secret stage so meh.

RedBoot

Oh, Lucky Roux. Every time I read your skill description I think, "Oh, hey, that's not too bad, could be useful on a Sengoku team," and then it scrolls to the part about locking himself for 3 turns. :p

Anyway, last Chaos colo down. I'll probably put a stamina bar or two into Urouge farming tonight and see how many more socket books I get...my Sengoku's sitting at around 18/25 now. :)

(Also got Law from Sabaody when I needed to burn some stamina before leveling. Nice!)

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Oh, Lucky Roux. Every time I read your skill description I think, "Oh, hey, that's not too bad, could be useful on a Sengoku team," and then it scrolls to the part about locking himself for 3 turns. :p

Anyway, last Chaos colo down. I'll probably put a stamina bar or two into Urouge farming tonight and see how many more socket books I get...my Sengoku's sitting at around 18/25 now. :)

(Also got Law from Sabaody when I needed to burn some stamina before leveling. Nice!)

If you have anti-lock 3 there won't be any bind :)

I've been thinking this through myself,

I guess frequently used characters that aren't farmable? If Marco's on a lot of your teams he'd be a good fit.

I've been debating between using the Tomes on one of the following:
Marco - Full Heal sub on Garp teams / Raid teams that need the heal to stall.
Kidd - Striker lead / Blackbeard Red team sub.
Law - Green lead / Green orb manipulation / Green Slasher sub.
Apoo - Green orb manipulation.
Vista - Purple Slasher sub / Hime Turtle lead.
Whitey Bay - Purple lead / Purple Slasher sub.
Koala - Fighter booster.

RedBoot

If you have anti-lock 3 there won't be any bind :)

Yeah, I did think about that. But Story Law heals about the same amount without needing the sockets. I'd farm Roux if I had nothing else to do just for fun, but there's like forty-seven things above him on the priority list right now. :p

I've been debating between using the Tomes on one of the following:
Marco - Full Heal sub on Garp teams / Raid teams that need the heal to stall.
Kidd - Striker lead / Blackbeard Red team sub.
Law - Green lead / Green orb manipulation / Green Slasher sub.
Apoo - Green orb manipulation.
Vista - Purple Slasher sub / Hime Turtle lead.
Whitey Bay - Purple lead / Purple Slasher sub.
Koala - Fighter booster.

Kidd, Apoo, and Vista shouldn't be too far off in the colo (though all three are pretty good so you'll want to skill max them as well). Marco, Koala, and Whitey Bay will eventually be farmable as well (though I think Whitey Bay's the secret encounter in her fortnight?), but they're all pretty far off, just coming out recently in Japan.

Law is still, somehow, not realistically farmable in any way. It'll happen eventually, he should have a colo version since it seems like all the Supernovas are going to show up there.

But yeah, socket up whoever you use a lot. Socket books aren't strictly "rare" anymore now that we have the colo.

Welp, just pulled a Legend Mihawk on JP version. That gives me:

Log Luffy
SW Ace
Lucci
Sengoku
Boa
Mihawk

Six legends.

AND I WOULD GIVE THEM ALL AWAY FOR ONE GOOD GLOBAL LEGEND! ;_;

Tidd

Welp, just pulled a Legend Mihawk on JP version. That gives me:

Log Luffy
SW Ace
Lucci
Sengoku
Boa
Mihawk

Six legends.

AND I WOULD GIVE THEM ALL AWAY FOR ONE GOOD GLOBAL LEGEND! ;_;

Congrats! I pulled a Boa dupe ;___; It's not like I actually play Japan but it's still disappointing.

Jayhawk

3 Bind and 3 Despair sockets on my Ghost Princess Perona, and she still needs two skill levels. I think I'm done with the Summertime Perona isle for now. I don't feel compelled to socket Bride Perona when I already have Caesar with the better special for driven teams.

Wanze's Ramen Kenpo appears to be coming back later this month, and I'd like to cap out Koala's special for my Log Luffy teams.

I went ahead and used my 13 tomes on RR Marco. 1 Anti-Despair, 5 Orb.

My eventual plan for my Garp Burst team is:
30oCXTB.png

Hana-Bi

3 Bind and 3 Despair sockets on my Ghost Princess Perona, and she still needs two skill levels. I think I'm done with the Summertime Perona isle for now. I don't feel compelled to socket Bride Perona when I already have Caesar with the better special for driven teams.

Wanze's Ramen Kenpo appears to be coming back later this month, and I'd like to cap out Koala's special for my Log Luffy teams.

Well, I think Bride Perona is still quite useful because her special cd is at 13 compared to the max cd of Caesar at 18.

Didn't get Law/Kid so my plan for the next few days is to get at least 30 Jabra books, then max socket my first 3d2y Robin and start with my second and then maybe start socketing fn Perona and bride Perona and rr Urouge... Yeah, lot of work to do. :)

Jayhawk

Well, I think Bride Perona is still quite useful because her special cd is at 13 compared to the max cd of Caesar at 18.

Didn't get Law/Kid so my plan for the next few days is to get at least 30 Jabra books, then max socket my first 3d2y Robin and start with my second and then maybe start socketing fn Perona and bride Perona and rr Urouge... Yeah, lot of work to do. :)

Yeah, too many things to do these next few weeks! I'm saving my gems for the upcoming raid nights, so I can't go too hard to sockets for RR Urouge and Bride Perona. :(

Tried WB forest for the first time since I was out of stamina to do other things. Got to the last 2 guys on stage 19 before dying on my first attempt. Screwed up my special management at that point while preparing for stage 20. It doesn't seem too hard though.

RalchAC

Yeah, too many things to do these next few weeks! I'm saving my gems for the upcoming raid nights, so I can't go too hard to sockets for RR Urouge and Bride Perona. :(

Tried WB forest for the first time since I was out of stamina to do other things. Got to the last 2 guys on stage 19 before dying on my first attempt. Screwed up my special management at that point while preparing for stage 20. It doesn't seem too hard though.

I did the same yesterday. Got to stage 19 with my Log Luffy team. That's the farthest you can get without a max skill Duffy.

There is a really great guide of reddit focused on LL teams. I tell you all this because I think you actually have one?

Majukun

decided to change my hime tutle team in

duval x2
enel
squardo lv 95
inuppe
dj sanji

stall 8 turns on stage 1,go to stage 2 when enel is at 1 cd,then use inuppe,dj sanji,enel, and then squardo on the final princess turtle
if there's a secret stage i use squardo on it and enel on the last one

it should work right?or i'm missing something?

decided to change my hime tutle team in

duval x2
enel
squardo lv 95
inuppe
dj sanji

stall 8 turns on stage 1,go to stage 2 when enel is at 1 cd,then use inuppe,dj sanji,enel, and then squardo on the final princess turtle
if there's a secret stage i use squardo on it and enel on the last one

it should work right?or i'm missing something?

Make sure you use the Bezan Black for one fewer turn to stall. Everything seems fine. Personally I prefer the General Zombie over Sanji and Tilestone over Squard since they don't have special animations but it all works just the same.

MANUELF

Banned
Beat Alubarna, fighting Crocodile and when in low in HP use Desert Spada and does 25k in damage, practically a OHKO ,is NOT fun, ESPECIALLY IF HE KEEPS SPAMMING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9958636ff7c63a9a730011eb487975dc417753b6_hq.gif

Hana-Bi

Damn, Wapol drops are really bad. Got two Jabra books in the first two runs today but then of course nothing the next 8 runs...

Majukun

Make sure you use the Bezan Black for one fewer turn to stall. Everything seems fine. Personally I prefer the General Zombie over Sanji and Tilestone over Squard since they don't have special animations but it all works just the same.
already have the bezan in place,that's why ener is only 9 turns (17- 6 from 2 duval - 1 from cd red -1 from the bezan)
i have tilestone but i'm waiiting for the skillup to give him books
general zombie for sanji seems resonable..i didn't know he doesn't have a special animation..BUT my sanji has a sull cd reduction socket..meaning that i either have to make sure every time to find a friend duval with a full cd reduction socket or stall a turn more..i'll probably stick to sanji but thanks for the advices...until now i was trunning a double vista that doesn't need attention to HPs..this one has a lot less hp's but it's also 3 turns faster in terms of stalling,so it should work fine,let's hope
i have 3 qck characters in need of exp,i'm also ready to gem this time
Beat Alubarna, fighting Crocodile and when in low in HP use Desert Spada and does 25k in damage, practically a OHKO ,is NOT fun, ESPECIALLY IF HE KEEPS SPAMMING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9958636ff7c63a9a730011eb487975dc417753b6_hq.gif

the meta of this game has slowly but surely moved towards burst (killing enemies in one turn thanks to a combinaion of good captain,class/type boosters and good orbs with orb amplifiers)...the more you go on,the more you'll find bosses that have nasty effects based on how much HP they have left, with the <50% generally being annoying, the <33% generally being dangerous and the <20% generally being lethal (see doflamingo and aokiji raid for an example of that)..of course not all the bosses have them and not all threshold at once,but it's generally useful to learn beforehand what a boss does based on his health and try to burst them if possible.

that's why mihawk is such an amazing unit,it' s a x2.5 capt of a class that it's usually heavy in the atk department ,and if you have two (one friend captain and one as your captain or as sub with doflamingo as captain) you basically cut the hp of the boss by 49%,so a lot less hps to burst down in one turn (or before it attacks)

already have the bezan in place,that's why ener is only 9 turns (17- 6 from 2 duval - 1 from cd red -1 from the bezan)
general zombie for sanji seems resonable..i didn't know he doesn't have a special animation..BUT my sanji has a sull cd reduction socket..meaning that i either have to make sure every time to find a friend duval with a full cd reduction socket or stall a turn more..i'll probably stick to sanji but thanks for the advices...until now i was trunning a double vista that doesn't need attention to HPs..this one has a lot less hp's but it's also 3 turns faster in terms of stalling,so it should work fine,let's hope

HP really isn't that big of a deal for Duval teams as much as you'd think. Usually you leave stage 1 at around half health. Just kill all the turtles but two of them in the first 2 turns and then have Inuppe attack each turn until your Enel is ready since his attack is the fastest. Not a huge deal but it's quicker if you make sure the 2 remaining turtles are on the same cool down so you don't get attacked every turn rather than by both at the same time every other turn.

RalchAC

the meta of this game has slowly but surely moved towards burst (killing enemies in one turn thanks to a combinaion of good captain,class/type boosters and good orbs with orb amplifiers)...the more you go on,the more you'll find bosses that have nasty effects based on how much HP they have left, with the <50% generally being annoying, the <33% generally being dangerous and the <20% generally being lethal (see doflamingo and aokiji raid for an example of that)..of course not all the bosses have them and not all threshold at once,but it's generally useful to learn beforehand what a boss does based on his health and try to burst them if possible.

that's why mihawk is such an amazing unit,it' s a x2.5 capt of a class that it's usually heavy in the atk department ,and if you have two (one friend captain and one as your captain or as sub with doflamingo as captain) you basically cut the hp of the boss by 49%,so a lot less hps to burst down in one turn (or before it attacks)

This has worked like that forever. Mihawk, Monster Chopper and especially Garp needed to be taken care of in a few turns. I dunno, I feel it's a remnant of MMO boss design, where bosses enrage when they reach 20-30% so you need to use everything and bring him down in 30-50 seconds.

Hana-Bi

The only good thing about Wapols fn are the pigs and turtles. My blue team has so many under lvl 90 chars that this exp is nice to have.

Need to level up Doma, Inazuma, Buffalo, Sugar, Gladius, Gilly, Leo, Wedding Robin, Story Lucci and Rebecca...

Jayhawk

I did the same yesterday. Got to stage 19 with my Log Luffy team. That's the farthest you can get without a max skill Duffy.

There is a really great guide of reddit focused on LL teams. I tell you all this because I think you actually have one?

Yep, I saw the guide. My attempt used my Boa in place of another damage reducer, and that was my issue. :(

Oaky so I've ben trying out the colosseum for a bit to get a sense of it, just started doing some chaos difficulty stages and ...

I know a lot of people intentionally socket farm fortnights (crocodile, lucci etc) for copies of characters ... but the drop rates for socket books don't seem all that bad from my first few tries.

What's the big advantage of farming fortnights for sockets v.s. colisseum?

I get it for a fortnight that drops 3-4 characters at once (halloween, kimono) but outside of that.. ? I was curious to hear about this.

LaNaranja

The colosseum bosses have been particularly tough with this. I have had so many damn close calls.

vfrCBIX.jpg
K1jPSwX.jpg
XRaTonF.jpg

Anyone have any opinions on whether the attack boost from the Thousand Sunny would be better than the extra healing from the Going Merry for a 3D2Y Sanji team? Since you end up having to burst anyway I feel like the extra healing is beneficial since it helps you stall more safely. Or is there some other ship that is better for powerhouse teams?

Hana-Bi

Oaky so I've ben trying out the colosseum for a bit to get a sense of it, just started doing some chaos difficulty stages and ...

I know a lot of people intentionally socket farm fortnights (crocodile, lucci etc) for copies of characters ... but the drop rates for socket books don't seem all that bad from my first few tries.

What's the big advantage of farming fortnights for sockets v.s. colisseum?

I get it for a fortnight that drops 3-4 characters at once (halloween, kimono) but outside of that.. ? I was curious to hear about this.

The drop rate wasn't that great for me. The five times I farmed Urouge I didn't get a single tome or candy. And I wouldn't give those tomes to any fortnight character if you have any legends or rr chars without farmable sockets.

Majukun

The colosseum bosses have been particularly tough with this. I have had so many damn close calls.

vfrCBIX.jpg
K1jPSwX.jpg
XRaTonF.jpg

Anyone have any opinions on whether the attack boost from the Thousand Sunny would be better than the extra healing from the Going Merry for a 3D2Y Sanji team? Since you end up having to burst anyway I feel like the extra healing is beneficial since it helps you stall more safely. Or is there some other ship that is better for powerhouse teams?

the goijg merry doesn't have heal properties..
it just gives you 300 hp more..nothing that it's really worth it imho..never used it since we got the sunny

powerhouse team will have a ship in the future,but sadly it will be only in the rayleight shop (yet to be open on global),and will cost an eye

Top Bottom