• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Tidd

With the socket books we get from the new ranking mission Bind and Auto-Heal will be at 4 and Despair at 3. Colosseum is indeed great. :)

2IUnjqV.jpg

Hana-Bi

Gemed quite a bit and now have 24 Jabra books (and 16 Marco books who I sadly don't have).

The funny thing is how crazy my skill ups are for Winter Chopper. Got 5 skill ups out of 8 books/copies. Yeah, if I had this luck with my other chars I wouldn't wait for any skill up events anymore. :D

Jayhawk

Game really wants my INTvankov to have Damage Reduction and Resilience sockets. 5/5 damage reduction and would probably be 5/5 Resilience too if I kept any of them... and 0 cooldown sockets so far.

Out of the 4 socket types I actually want, my INTvankov has 4 despair, 1 bind, and 1 auto-heal.

I'm thinking of using the guaranteed bind socket we're getting from the next ranking on my INThawk since that is the last one my INThawk needs and who knows how many Mihawk raid runs it would take to get my INThawk from 19/20 to 20/20.

If I don't use it on the INThawk, I am going to end up saving the guaranteed sockets until I have hard-to-socket units that are like 80+% done on their sockets but missing those matching the guaranteed tomes. For example, watch somebody use a guaranteed bind tome early on a legend and they go 5/5 on bind before hitting 2/5 on their other sockets.

Adeptrain

I just restarted playing this game after a long, long Hiatus and I feel totally lost. What do you all recommend I work on? Any timed events I should aim for before they disappear? I never really got that far.. But I have some units built up...

MANUELF

Banned
I just restarted playing this game after a long, long Hiatus and I feel totally lost. What do you all recommend I work on? Any timed events I should aim for before they disappear? I never really got that far.. But I have some units built up...

What was your last island and what is your pirate level?

Hana-Bi

Damn yellow princess island don't habe a guaranteed princess turtle. :(

Was about to run the island with my Duval/Vista/Sanji/Enel/Tilestone team but this won't work anymore. :(

Well, is there a better unit than Meppo or SW Shanks with a 20 cd?

Damn yellow princess island don't habe a guaranteed princess turtle. :(

Was about to run the island with my Duval/Vista/Sanji/Enel/Tilestone team but this won't work anymore. :(

Well, is there a better unit than Meppo or SW Shanks with a 20 cd?

Eh, I think I'll pass up the defense nullifiers and just go with Brick Bat Moria. It requires two more turns of stalling compared to Helmeppo and SW Shanks but it doesn't require you to attack anything after activating the special so it might just be faster. Or maybe I'm just saying this to justify my laziness, who knows?

Manticore is an option but the only people with skill maxed Manticores are the crazies who are best left to their own devices.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Akainu raid boss incoming for JP!

It's a scan so i can't post it here but that bastard is finally coming.

MiTYH

So.... what's the ACTUAL team to beat the last stage of Sabody? I went in with double Enel, but the first one is Green and I can't do 50k+ damage without using Enel/Kaku, and it's just... not the way to go. I only have INThawk/Lucci as legends, so I can't do double Ray or Sengoku. Thoguhts?

-----
Managed to farm some copies of Urouge over the weekend. No tomes but some good Cotton candy.

And I finally figured out the scheduling for things. Weeks are really busy in this game, and this is only global!:

- Sunday: Coliseum
- Monday: Raid
- Tuesday: Fortnight Change/New content
- Wednesday: (nothing)
- Thursday: Coliseum
- Friday: Raid
- Saturday: Coliseum

Also, sorry if this is common knowledge, but after using him for Wapol's FN, I've decided I want Fujitora. JESUS, what a captain ability. TND/RCV is a matching slot? Are you kidding!? He matches so well with Raid Doffy its not even funny

RedBoot

So.... what's the ACTUAL team to beat the last stage of Sabody? I went in with double Enel, but the first one is Green and I can't do 50k+ damage without using Enel/Kaku, and it's just... not the way to go. I only have INThawk/Lucci as legends, so I can't do double Ray or Sengoku. Thoguhts?

So I used a Sengoku team, but hopefully the concept behind the team might work for a F2P squad: my team was Double Sengoku, G2 Luffy, Asura Zoro, GP Usopp, and Breed. The idea is that Luffy, Zoro, and Usopp combine to take out Sentomaru's hit shield, and then you do the damage with Breed and the 'Gokus. Note that Sentomaru caps damage above 100k pretty heavily, so you'd actually do Breed/Sengoku/Sengoku as your last three hits, since Breed will hit 100k easily due to his type advantage, so you're better off saving the chain multiplier boost for the Sengokus.

So to take that and put it into a F2P team, I'd recommend:

Mihawk Captain
Friend Mihawk (or ideally, friend INThawk)
Asura Zoro
Raid Onigumo/Kuro/Lola/RR Kaku
GP Usopp
Slasher Croc

In your case, you can do double INThawk which is even better. That team shouldn't have issues with the stages leading up to Sentomaru either. When you get to Sento, use GP Usopp on the first turn, then use Usopp, Zoro, and whichever high combo third character you brought as your first three attacks, then follow up with the Mihawks and Croc. If Zoro or the high combo character have a matching orb, use them third in the chain for a slight damage boost. Sentomaru will boost his defense once he hits around 40% health, so if you're using Lola, try and save your orb boost for one of those turns (since you'd never deal above 100k on another turn anyway). If you can deal around 270-300k or more to Sentomaru every turn, you should win easily. If he manages to attack you after Usopp's delay, he'll deal around 14k damage, so if you can survive that, you'll get a couple more turns to hit him (a slasher team should be able to have more HP than that easily. It gets dicey with a Sengoku team).

I haven't tried that team myself, but it should work in theory. Having maxed or almost maxed levels will certainly help. I've cleared that stage with the Sengoku version of the team over 30 times, since I got the associated title on the stage. :( Still no Sentomaru drop.

Hana-Bi

Oh man, Perona socket farming off to a good start. First five Peronas no useful socket. I should try to get bind / despair for her?

Jayhawk

Oh man, Perona socket farming off to a good start. First five Peronas no useful socket. I should try to get bind / despair for her?

Bind for sure. Despair and/or auto-heal for the 2nd slot, depending on what teams and events you use her for. This is usually the case for 2-socket characters.

I change it up for orb boosters, so they're the one or two on my team that have orb socket.

RedBoot

In Perona's case (assuming we're talking about fortnight Perona here), bind and despair are even better since her main use tends to be Forests, where that stuff is usually required.

But yeah, otherwise, I'd go with whatever your characters in general are lacking. I've been focusing on putting autoheal on characters lately, because I didn't get a whole lot of that initially.

Jayhawk

The PSY hime turtle isle not having guaranteed hime drops puts a damper in my plans on powering up my 3D2Y Nami. I want to try her out the next time Blackbeard raid shows up. Boa/Marco leads would boost her and I can use all six characters.

MiTYH

So I used a Sengoku team, but hopefully the concept behind the team might work for a F2P squad: my team was Double Sengoku, G2 Luffy, Asura Zoro, GP Usopp, and Breed. The idea is that Luffy, Zoro, and Usopp combine to take out Sentomaru's hit shield, and then you do the damage with Breed and the 'Gokus. Note that Sentomaru caps damage above 100k pretty heavily, so you'd actually do Breed/Sengoku/Sengoku as your last three hits, since Breed will hit 100k easily due to his type advantage, so you're better off saving the chain multiplier boost for the Sengokus.

So to take that and put it into a F2P team, I'd recommend:

Mihawk Captain
Friend Mihawk (or ideally, friend INThawk)
Asura Zoro
Raid Onigumo/Kuro/Lola/RR Kaku
GP Usopp
Slasher Croc

In your case, you can do double INThawk which is even better. That team shouldn't have issues with the stages leading up to Sentomaru either. When you get to Sento, use GP Usopp on the first turn, then use Usopp, Zoro, and whichever high combo third character you brought as your first three attacks, then follow up with the Mihawks and Croc. If Zoro or the high combo character have a matching orb, use them third in the chain for a slight damage boost. Sentomaru will boost his defense once he hits around 40% health, so if you're using Lola, try and save your orb boost for one of those turns (since you'd never deal above 100k on another turn anyway). If you can deal around 270-300k or more to Sentomaru every turn, you should win easily. If he manages to attack you after Usopp's delay, he'll deal around 14k damage, so if you can survive that, you'll get a couple more turns to hit him (a slasher team should be able to have more HP than that easily. It gets dicey with a Sengoku team).

I haven't tried that team myself, but it should work in theory. Having maxed or almost maxed levels will certainly help. I've cleared that stage with the Sengoku version of the team over 30 times, since I got the associated title on the stage. :( Still no Sentomaru drop.

THANK YOU for this detailed response. Allow for me to recount my adventure for you in return:

I went in with, as suggested, INThawkx2, Slasherdile, Asura, GP, and RR Kaku, whow was the only decently leveled one I had (I've got a bunch of Lolas, butI'm saving them for skillup so no one's evolved). With max coffin boat and with +200 autoheal, could stall decently with the turtles so that both INTHawks were ready (actually by stage 5/10). Truth be told, I actually did mess up on the INT pacifista with the perfect shield, so I had to take a hit and stalled a bit more to get more meat/heals -- fun fact, he dropped.

Went into the boss fight with about 16k/23k health, a few matching sockets, and all specials ready to go. Used GP, then went crazy. Had good orb luck, and used Croc's special once to get me an INT orb on INTHawk, and Kaku's on turn 5 for the same reason. With this, I was at 17k from autohealing when he was about to attack.

Easily beat the level! It's definitely orb-luck heavy, so soft-reseting for INT orbs might be necessary as I farm. But I'm happy to be done with this! Free gems, 1/5 pacifistas, and done with story mode for now.

RedBoot

The PSY hime turtle isle not having guaranteed hime drops puts a damper in my plans on powering up my 3D2Y Nami.

Yeah, it was a shame compared to the last four days. I got 13 Himes yesterday and only 5 today (and four of those were secret Himes...it could have been much worse). Still worth the effort since it was half stamina, but it's hard to go back after we've had the guaranteed ones.

THANK YOU for this detailed response. Allow for me to recount my adventure for you in return:

I went in with, as suggested, INThawkx2, Slasherdile, Asura, GP, and RR Kaku, whow was the only decently leveled one I had (I've got a bunch of Lolas, butI'm saving them for skillup so no one's evolved). With max coffin boat and with +200 autoheal, could stall decently with the turtles so that both INTHawks were ready (actually by stage 5/10). Truth be told, I actually did mess up on the INT pacifista with the perfect shield, so I had to take a hit and stalled a bit more to get more meat/heals -- fun fact, he dropped.

Went into the boss fight with about 16k/23k health, a few matching sockets, and all specials ready to go. Used GP, then went crazy. Had good orb luck, and used Croc's special once to get me an INT orb on INTHawk, and Kaku's on turn 5 for the same reason. With this, I was at 17k from autohealing when he was about to attack.

Easily beat the level! It's definitely orb-luck heavy, so soft-reseting for INT orbs might be necessary as I farm. But I'm happy to be done with this! Free gems, 1/5 pacifistas, and done with story mode for now.

Awesome, glad to see that it worked!

Sounds like the fully F2P version with the regular Mihawks might be tough, though, if you needed some orb luck. I might have to give it a shot myself to see how successful it is. It's probably the toughest story level we've gotten so far.

dawid

So i'm trying to learn this game and i read this on: http://optcguide.com/beginners-guide/

"if you don’t have either Edward Newgate / Whitebeard (Only available during Sugofest), Balloon Luffy, Killer, NamiV2/ Vista and Nico Robin, Jozu, or Shanks (and preferably another decent PSY character). Then you should do a re-roll."

But how do i know when it's "too late" to get those characters? Can't i just roll one with the Rare Recruit tavern option at any time?

I really don't feel like rerolling if i don't have to.

MANUELF

Banned
So i'm trying to learn this game and i read this on: http://optcguide.com/beginners-guide/

"if you don’t have either Edward Newgate / Whitebeard (Only available during Sugofest), Balloon Luffy, Killer, NamiV2/ Vista and Nico Robin, Jozu, or Shanks (and preferably another decent PSY character). Then you should do a re-roll."

But how do i know when it's "too late" to get those characters? Can't i just roll one with the Rare Recruit tavern option at any time?

You can still play the game normally instead of trying to get a head start

Jayhawk

That list is outdated and missing a lot more good starter characters. If you want to get off to a good start, you try to start off during a limited time 1-2 day sugofest and reroll a few times during that event. Legend characters such as Whitebeard can only be recruited during sugofests. Sugofests happen approximately every 2 weeks or so. The /r/OnePieceTC subreddit will also have account giveaway threads soon after a sugofest from the people rerolling several times, where those people list their unwanted accounts and the characters they got from them. I got my G3/Vivi account two years ago from somebody's giveaway.

RalchAC

Let's see.

Ideally, you would reroll and get a Legend like Whitebeard, Rayleigh, Log Luffy. Those characters drop a Red Poster. A Gear 3rd Luffy (or Balloon which evolves into him).

However, you don't really need to. Mihawk is quite an easy raid and there are a lot of good Slashers available. The game has good F2P captains for most types/classes.

You may get a Legend in the future. Maybe you will play for over 300 days without one like many people here. Who knows.

MiTYH

Awesome, glad to see that it worked!

Sounds like the fully F2P version with the regular Mihawks might be tough, though, if you needed some orb luck. I might have to give it a shot myself to see how successful it is. It's probably the toughest story level we've gotten so far.

Well I only needed orb luck because I didn't want to even try to tank the first hit. I could have, had 17k health, so it should be doable. I was just lucky enough to burst him down to <40 in two turns, so I had three to finish him off

RR30

I meant to post this when I first posted on here, but if anyone wants to add me my ID is 989,334,274.

I have SW Shanks/Int Hawk (only missing one orbs socket)/Sengoku/Lucci/Bartolomeo as captains with an Eneru at almost 200 candies.

I believe I still have a decent amount of space on my friends list so I'll add anyone from here.

Majukun

I meant to post this when I first posted on here, but if anyone wants to add me my ID is 989,334,274.

I have SW Shanks/Int Hawk (only missing one orbs socket)/Sengoku/Lucci/Bartolomeo as captains with an Eneru at almost 200 candies.

I believe I still have a decent amount of space on my friends list so I'll add anyone from here.

added

LaNaranja

The PSY hime turtle isle not having guaranteed hime drops puts a damper in my plans on powering up my 3D2Y Nami. I want to try her out the next time Blackbeard raid shows up. Boa/Marco leads would boost her and I can use all six characters.

When did this start? I was really excited to finally get my Hajrudin to max level. I ended up getting him to 95. I only got two hime's and five elder turtles after four runs and didn't bother refilling my stamina since I was having such shitty luck.

Are all hime turtle rushes going to be like this going forward? If so that is a huge huge bummer.

Jayhawk

When did this start? I was really excited to finally get my Hajrudin to max level. I ended up getting him to 95. I only got two hime's and five elder turtles after four runs and didn't bother refilling my stamina since I was having such shitty luck.

Are all hime turtle rushes going to be like this going forward? If so that is a huge huge bummer.

This only happened with the PSY hime turtle isle. The other four colours that happened in the previous four days had guaranteed hime drop on last stage.

I got 18/20 sockets on my INTvankov. Missing 1 auto-heal and 1 cooldown reduction. I still need to do the PSY hime turtles before the day is over.

HabeeNo

Added!

chrono01

I'm not sure what to do with all of these socket books. For Legends, I have Log Luffy (who's already socketed), Shanks (who only needs a few more), and Sabo (who doesn't yet have anything. From what I've read, Sabo is farmable as a drop via later coliseum levels, and I can finish Shanks off with the Young Buggy fortnight, although the spawn for Young Shanks/Buggy is pretty low. I'm tempted to just use them to finish Shanks off, but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't tempting to start work on Sabo. Or maybe a Rare Recruit would be better?

Hana-Bi

Added, have Shanks and Lucci too. :)

RedBoot

I'm not sure what to do with all of these socket books. For Legends, I have Log Luffy (who's already socketed), Shanks (who only needs a few more), and Sabo (who doesn't yet have anything. From what I've read, Sabo is farmable as a drop via later coliseum levels, and I can finish Shanks off with the Young Buggy fortnight, although the spawn for Young Shanks/Buggy is pretty low. I'm tempted to just use them to finish Shanks off, but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't tempting to start work on Sabo. Or maybe a Rare Recruit would be better?

Sabo has a raid later on, so you could farm him there. Of course, it's a 60 stamina raid, it's super hard, and you'll be farming it to level Raid Sabo's skill anyway because he's super good.

I don't think it'd be terrible to use them on Sabo if you want to save yourself some extra farming and gems down the line. That raid's also a while off for us, so it's possible you'd have Legend Sabo all socketed up before we even get it.

chrono01

Sabo has a raid later on, so you could farm him there. Of course, it's a 60 stamina raid, it's super hard, and you'll be farming it to level Raid Sabo's skill anyway because he's super good.

I don't think it'd be terrible to use them on Sabo if you want to save yourself some extra farming and gems down the line. That raid's also a while off for us, so it's possible you'd have Legend Sabo all socketed up before we even get it.
Thanks, I'll go ahead and socket Sabo then. :)

I'm beginning to think it was a mistake trying to socket dex Perona. I'm at 2 heal and 2 bind and it just seems to be taking too damn long for minimal results and on top of that I'll still need 50ish copies to max INT perona which I'll feel more comfortable grinding for when the skill up starts. AND on top of that I need to grind for books on the Wapol FN which I feel like I've barely touched.

Hana-Bi

I'm beginning to think it was a mistake trying to socket dex Perona. I'm at 2 heal and 2 bind and it just seems to be taking too damn long for minimal results and on top of that I'll still need 50ish copies to max INT perona which I'll feel more comfortable grinding for when the skill up starts. AND on top of that I need to grind for books on the Wapol FN which I feel like I've barely touched.

Yeah, after getting only one useful socket (Despair) for fn Perona Out of 15 copies it might be better to do something else. :p

Changed my Perona sockets plan. I'm going for heal/orb now. At least I'm now at 4/10. Will look forward for all the bind sockets I now am getting...

Majukun

Im SO ready to evolve my diamante and hack but I need both red lobster and red dragon and I simply cant get them

try farming mr 1 stage on alubarna during a double drop rate..i remember getting tons of those lobsters while I was farming for the bold one

you can only find the dragon in his 20 stamina island on extra island,it doesn't drop anywhere else

MiTYH

FINALLY got Snow Chopper to appear in Wapol's FN. I don't even want to use him, but I'm a collector, so ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

I guess I'll work on Perona for the rest of the day. I've basically ignored the stage once I got her to drop once and finish all stages. What's a decent team? I'm hoping INThawk x2 with some psy slashers will do the job.

My regular Perona is sitting at terrible sockets from when I did her skillup last time (1 rcv, 2 slot), so I guess I need to fill that up to something better.

I guess I'll work on Perona for the rest of the day. I've basically ignored the stage once I got her to drop once and finish all stages. What's a decent team? I'm hoping INThawk x2 with some psy slashers will do the job.

Log Luffy/Log Luffy
Garp/Rakuyo
Usopp/Doflamingo works great for me.

RR30

Added, have Shanks and Lucci too. :)

Hate you for having Shanks maxed. I ran T-Bones fortnight the first time it was here about 10 times and didn't get one book and I rage quit it. Bandai making sure Shanks owners pay between it and the farmable sockets.

Majukun

damn it suckes when you farm 5 perona and they give you no useful socket..a whole bunch of stamina for nothing :/
her to drop once and finish all stages. What's a decent team? I'm hoping INThawk x2 with some psy slashers will do the job.

blakbeard team..basically 2 blackbeards and then the STR guys with more hp..i suggest using the sunny instead of the marine ship since the monsters are rather tanky

Hana-Bi

Hate you for having Shanks maxed. I ran T-Bones fortnight the first time it was here about 10 times and didn't get one book and I rage quit it. Bandai making sure Shanks owners pay between it and the farmable sockets.

Yeah, was lucky to have enough time to farm both Shanks sockets and books. :)

Story mode straight up was too hard, kept having to waste a rainbow gem on end bosses so I finally stopped and have been farming Veteran level Wapol fortnight. I get pretty solid XP out of it and am just trying to level my Pirate Rank so I can get the scrubs out of my team and get stronger. I finally got it high enough to take one of them out which allowed me to bring Kaku into the team, a nice upgrade over the marine I had in even though he's not really leveled yet. I still have a 1 point cost red thug in the group haha Can't wait to get his worthless ass out. If I could ever get a yellow crab, I could evolve Usopp and plug him in instead of vanilla zoro. When is crab day again? I saw it's seahorses today.

Also, I've been using Sengoku to enhance my scrub team, should I use cotton candy on him? Or save it for IntHawk? I've read impressions on here that make it sound like IntHawk is a better legend eventually. I have a power candy and a couple HPs I think.

MiTYH

Story mode straight up was too hard, kept having to waste a rainbow gem on end bosses so I finally stopped and have been farming Veteran level Wapol fortnight. I get pretty solid XP out of it and am just trying to level my Pirate Rank so I can get the scrubs out of my team and get stronger. I finally got it high enough to take one of them out which allowed me to bring Kaku into the team, a nice upgrade over the marine I had in even though he's not really leveled yet. I still have a 1 point cost red thug in the group haha Can't wait to get his worthless ass out. If I could ever get a yellow crab, I could evolve Usopp and plug him in instead of vanilla zoro. When is crab day again? I saw it's seahorses today.

Also, I've been using Sengoku to enhance my scrub team, should I use cotton candy on him? Or save it for IntHawk? I've read impressions on here that make it sound like IntHawk is a better legend eventually. I have a power candy and a couple HPs I think.

Crabs are Fridays.

Can't speak for Sengoku, but INTHawk is usable as a sub in many teams due to his special, but I don't think Sengoku is. +100 ATK on that bad boy, then focus on HP (no RCV because of coffin boat, if you ever go that route).

Also, never gem to beat story mode! It just means you need a new team. But I agree this past island was a beast

Top Bottom