• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Crabs are Fridays.

Can't speak for Sengoku, but INTHawk is usable as a sub in many teams due to his special, but I don't think Sengoku is. +100 ATK on that bad boy, then focus on HP (no RCV because of coffin boat, if you ever go that route).

Also, never gem to beat story mode! It just means you need a new team. But I agree this past island was a beast

Yeah I know you're not supposed to gem to beat story missions which after being forced to multiple times, decided I better throw in the towel on story until my team is stronger. It's annoying to me right now too because I'm on the final mission of an island haha Oh it wasn't this past island friend, I'm early on in the story. It's just tough because my captain has been the only strong character I have in but just swapped a marine out for Kaku so that will help. Everyone else is still weak though, I just don't have the points to swap them out yet.

I figure IntHawk is who I should ultimately use but Sengoku is my best option for now because my team is full of low cost guys. Kaku is the only other strong guy and even he is just 18 cost I want to say. I just don't know if I should power up Sengoku with cotton candy to help now or use it on IntHawk for the future.

Friday? Darn, was hoping it'd be sooner to get that crab haha Thanks.

MiTYH

Yeah I know you're not supposed to gem to beat story missions which after being forced to multiple times, decided I better throw in the towel on story until my team is stronger. It's annoying to me right now too because I'm on the final mission of an island haha Oh it wasn't this past island friend, I'm early on in the story. It's just tough because my captain has been the only strong character I have in but just swapped a marine out for Kaku so that will help. Everyone else is still weak though, I just don't have the points to swap them out yet.

I figure IntHawk is who I should ultimately use but Sengoku is my best option for now because my team is full of low cost guys. Kaku is the only other strong guy and even he is just 18 cost I want to say. I just don't know if I should power up Sengoku with cotton candy to help now or use it on IntHawk for the future.

Friday? Darn, was hoping it'd be sooner to get that crab haha Thanks.

Oh, you're just starting out? That's very different! Where are you at storywise?

Focus on leveling up to increase your cost, and leveling your units. Find the best Fortnight for drops for you, and grind out the hardest stage you can to level up. In time, you'll get to where those old stages are a breeze

Oh, you're just starting out? That's very different! Where are you at storywise?

Focus on leveling up to increase your cost, and leveling your units. Find the best Fortnight for drops for you, and grind out the hardest stage you can to level up. In time, you'll get to where those old stages are a breeze

Yeah a very generous Gaffer gave me his spare account with some good legends and other characters but naturally I don't have the points to put them in yet (save the one legend at captain). I'm only at the final mission on Whiskey Peak as far as story goes. Laboon sucked and I've had various other boss fights that I just wasn't strong enough without using a gem but I finally got fed up with using gems so I started doing just what you said, farming a fortnight. Wapol Veteran is easy for me to complete so I farm that. I assume the xp is the same between all the fortnights on the same difficulty level but they are not all created equal as far as actual difficulty. I just need to power level my Pirate level so I'll just keep plugging away.

Right now I have Sengoku as captain and I just got Kaku in which was a nice upgrade for me but my other guys are the Sanji who's special lowers defense, story Zoro, and a scrub red thug that only costs a single point which is why he's in there. Once I get a yellow armored crab, I'll evolve Usopp and swap someone out for him, hopefully his cost isn't high. I should probably look into leveling and evolving Sanji or maybe Zoro but I have better characters already, just not enough points to get them in so I feel like I should just keep farming the hell out of Pirate level xp ;p

Jayhawk

I can't believe I haven't been using Whitey Bay's special that gives attack bonus against delayed enemies until recently, since I didn't know it stacked with the normal attack bonus you get from a Caesar Clown or Robin.

Hana-Bi

I can't believe I haven't been using Whitey Bay's special that gives attack bonus against delayed enemies until recently, since I didn't know it stacked with the normal attack bonus you get from a Caesar Clown or Robin.

Yeah, this is something that isn't explained or talked about that much. Nero special is also great for Wapols fn for example. I think you can now have five damage boost specials stacked:

Orb boosts
Class/Type boosts
Conditional boosts (against delayed enemies/def up enemies...)
Sabo raid special
Tashigi rr special

Thats why Monet is great because she delays and boosts damage against delayed enemies. A LL team with Monet/Boa/Sabo/Koala subs is quite good at damage dealing. :)

RedBoot

Yeah, this is something that isn't explained or talked about that much. Nero special is also great for Wapols fn for example. I think you can now have five damage boost specials stacked:

Orb boosts
Class/Type boosts
Conditional boosts (against delayed enemies/def up enemies...)
Sabo raid special
Tashigi rr special

Thats why Monet is great because she delays and boosts damage against delayed enemies. A LL team with Monet/Boa/Sabo/Koala subs is quite good at damage dealing. :)

There's also chain multiplier specials, such as Raid Boa. And of course you need characters to set your orbs too, if you can't farm them or get them from an effect in the stage.

And yeah, Monet is on the list of characters that I'd actually keep an evolved and unevolved version of, just for Sengoku teams. But the one I pulled was evolved, so no choice there.

Jayhawk

The fingers I use to play the game will fall off when global gets raid Boa. I need enough to max skill and max socket her raid version, then a lot more to socket her legend version. X_X

And yeah, Monet is on the list of characters that I'd actually keep an evolved and unevolved version of, just for Sengoku teams. But the one I pulled was evolved, so no choice there.

What other characters are on this list? I might have to consider keeping unevolved dupes and powering them up for Sengoku teams.

RedBoot

What other characters are on this list? I might have to consider keeping unevolved dupes and powering them up for Sengoku teams.

Just PSY Marco, Rakuyo, and Monet right now. Marco's the only one I have (working on skill maxing him now that I've finished the evolved one), I used an extra Rakuyo for sockets before I pulled Sengoku, sadly.

In theory, anyone with an especially useful ability could be worth it, assuming there's not a fortnight character with a similar skill. Thatch for any QCK-focused Sengoku team, SW Luffy (when we get him) since he doubles STR damage, etc. Just depends on how much extra effort you want to put into skill maxing two of the same character (though Sengoku's cooldown reduction helps here).

Jayhawk

what team are you guys gonna use for the nami ranking?

My plan is to see how effective a double Sengoku team is with a bunch of units that hit 8+ times like G2 Luffy, Ashura Zoro, and the Kraken. I think any team that can have those 8+ hit units ending the chain will be successful.

MANUELF

Banned
Guys I reached Skypiea
Bellamy was a pushover
but I see Blue Sea People gets their stats lowered, how much lower are we talking about?

Jayhawk

Guys I reached Skypiea
Bellamy was a pushover
but I see Blue Sea People gets their stats lowered, how much lower are we talking about?

20% lower... just farm the fortnights!

This spreadsheet link doesn't have the latest stuff, but the fortnight experience hasn't changed a lot.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bA2WG0RFy9Nz_NF0H3z5uXwLflKkhnAYm9k8dutOT0k/htmlview#

You're going to be getting approximately 71 experience per stamina running Sky Island, discounting 1/2 stamina or double Pirate Exp modifiers.
You're going to be getting approximately 126 experience per stamina running the 10 stamina version of the latest fortnight; 157 exp/stamina on the 15 stamina version of the latest fortnight; 185 exp/stamina on the 30 stamina version of the latest fortnight.

You want to be king of the pirates? Exp/stamina is key until you start having 120+ stamina to run a raid 2-3 times for each stamina bar!

A LL team with Monet/Boa/Sabo/Koala subs is quite good at damage dealing. :)
This got me interested in tinkering around some, and I found a pretty good Non-Legend team with similar stacking boosts: 2x R.Sabo, R.Boa, Monet, C.Apoo/C.Ace, SW Franky.
J3dOCDO.png

MaouhTy.png

MANUELF

Banned
20% lower... just farm the fortnights!

This spreadsheet link doesn't have the latest stuff, but the fortnight experience hasn't changed a lot.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bA2WG0RFy9Nz_NF0H3z5uXwLflKkhnAYm9k8dutOT0k/htmlview#

You're going to be getting approximately 71 experience per stamina running Sky Island, discounting 1/2 stamina or double Pirate Exp modifiers.
You're going to be getting approximately 126 experience per stamina running the 10 stamina version of the latest fortnight; 157 exp/stamina on the 15 stamina version of the latest fortnight; 185 exp/stamina on the 30 stamina version of the latest fortnight.

You want to be king of the pirates? Exp/stamina is key until you start having 120+ stamina to run a raid 2-3 times for each stamina bar!
Is recommended that I stop playing story mode then?

Jayhawk

Is recommended that I stop playing story mode then?

Yes. You should be aiming to get your teams strong enough to beat the raids of Mihawk, Garp, and then eventually Doflamingo. Farming fortnights will help you the most get to that point with the pirate exp, the turtles and pigs they drop, and the units they drop.

MANUELF

Banned
Yes. You should be aiming to get your teams strong enough to beat the raids of Mihawk, Garp, and then eventually Doflamingo. Farming fortnights will help you the most get to that point with the pirate exp, the turtles and pigs they drop, and the units they drop.
Hopefully a sugo comes next week, I will have enough gems for 6 pulls

I did a random pull the other night because I was salty about my new iPhone not having shipped when they said it would.

G3 Luffy. My first.

Is this what it feels like to be real

Tidd

what team are you guys gonna use for the nami ranking?

Pure Monster Chopper team with a red penguin, Alvida, BB and Arlong. Got 31 on my first try. With this I would need 3 days to clear the ranking mission.

With the clash of clashes we can calculate the numbers of active players. :p
I guess every long time player will max Zephyr day 1. Let's say you need 80 copies to max skill and max socket him. We would need a little more than 10k players to complete all rewards with just Zephyr.

RedBoot

Yeah, the Clash total might go a little slow with Garp, but I suspect we'll clear it easily with Aokiji and Zephyr.

Got 33 on the ranking with Double Sengoku, G2 Luffy, Arlong, Calgara, and CP9 Lucci. Pretty simple. The guaranteed socket books are the real treasure for this one.

Jayhawk

Since I have neglected to socket Garp and Aokiji, I expect to contribute at least 200 clears to the total!

I ended up hitting 34 on the ranking on my first attempt with my strongest STR units using Monster Chopper captains, Whitebeard, Log Luffy, Blackbeard, and Kuma subs.

I am going to be using most of my stamina this week to get 20 Koala skill books from Wanze fortnight. I'm at 1 so far.

LaNaranja

Has anyone farming the Wapol stage actually seen Chopper? I have been at this for a week now and haven't even seen him once playing on the hardest difficulty. I also only have three Jabra books but six Marco books (who I of course don't have). This game hates me. :'(

Tidd

"Hey you need a lobster for Zephyr! So let's farm the CP9 Jabra stage for it because you will never get him before a lobster. Maybe you get him along with the lobster." Of course I didn't get my lobster but Jabra on the first run. <.<

Time to find another stage with a story mode character I don't have and a purple lobster.

I knew the new ranking was cumulative but it wasn't clear that you can only do it once per day. That was a waste of 20 stamina.

You can always improve. I did another run and got 39.

Has anyone farming the Wapol stage actually seen Chopper? I have been at this for a week now and haven't even seen him once playing on the hardest difficulty. I also only have three Jabra books but six Marco books (who I of course don't have). This game hates me. :'(

Yes, multiple times on Veteran. I've gotten a few drops of him too and a number of his skill books.

On another note, turns out I have a yellow crab and it's the yellow prison penguin I'm missing. I have a yellow pirate penguin but not the one I need for Ussop :/ On the bright side, I won't have to wait until Friday haha Oh crap...where Penguins Monday?? I forget.

Tidd

On another note, turns out I have a yellow crab and it's the yellow prison penguin I'm missing. I have a yellow pirate penguin but not the one I need for Ussop :/ On the bright side, I won't have to wait until Friday haha Oh crap...where Penguins Monday?? I forget.

Monday: Turtles/Nothing
Tuesday: Sea ponies
Wednesday: Penguins
Thursday: Dragons
Fridays: Crabs
Weekends: Belly but you shouldn't do that because you get enough once you farm raids.

Monday: Turtles/Nothing
Tuesday: Sea ponies
Wednesday: Penguins
Thursday: Dragons
Fridays: Crabs
Weekends: Belly but you shouldn't do that because you get enough once you farm raids.

Wohoo! I was going to say I think it's tomorrow but then I realized a day this week already passed and couldn't remember what it was ;p Thanks!

I wish lobster cavern would come back. Spent the previous day farming Kumadori's stage for a yellow lobster but didn't get a single one. Got Kumadori himself, though, so that's something at least.

dawid

That list is outdated and missing a lot more good starter characters. If you want to get off to a good start, you try to start off during a limited time 1-2 day sugofest and reroll a few times during that event. Legend characters such as Whitebeard can only be recruited during sugofests. Sugofests happen approximately every 2 weeks or so. The /r/OnePieceTC subreddit will also have account giveaway threads soon after a sugofest from the people rerolling several times, where those people list their unwanted accounts and the characters they got from them. I got my G3/Vivi account two years ago from somebody's giveaway.

Thank you! :)

One more question about reroll:
A few guides state that you get two "free spins" on RR after reroll. But after the first three missions you only have 5 gems. What am i missing? Is it a sugofest-only thing?

Tidd

ZEPHYR BANNER IS OUT! FILM GOLD CELEBRATION

Line got the same announcement and after Zephyr they got the Film Gold fortnight!!! BACCARAT HYPE!!!

True but why spend 20 stamina today for 5ish points when you can spend 20 stamina tomorrow for 30+ points?

True.

Thank you! :)

One more question about reroll:
A few guides state that you get two "free spins" on RR after reroll. But after the first three missions you only have 5 gems. What am i missing? Is it a sugofest-only thing?

You have to pull one time during the tutorial. That + the 5 gems count as two pulls.

RalchAC

How common are those special socket books in Japan?

ZEPHYR BANNER IS OUT! FILM GOLD CELEBRATION

Line got the same announcement and after Zephyr they got the Film Gold fortnight!!! BACCARAT HYPE!!!

You have to pull one time during the tutorial. That + the 5 gems count as two pulls.

It says something along the lines of "let's celebrate with the strongest One Piece Film characters". So I'm expecting something else.

Hana-Bi

I think I made a mistake with my WB sockets. Looking at the Rocketman ship a Sanji team with damage reduction sockets would be perfect. Should have replaced my orb sockets instead of my damage reduction sockets for auto heal sockets. :(

Maybe I'll socket my teams like this:

Lucci: Bind Despair CD Heal
Lucci: Bind Despair CD Heal (friend)
Sanji: Bind Despair Damage Heal
Jabra: Bind Despair CD Heal
N.Luffy: Damage Orb
Whitebeard: Bind Despair Cd Heal Orb

Sanji: Bind Despair Damage Heal
Sanji: Bind Despair Damage Heal (friend)
Lucci: Bind Despair CD Heal
Jabra: Bind Despair CD Heal
N.Luffy: Damage Orb
Whitebeard: Bind Despair Cd Heal Orb

This should work too. Sanji for forest runs, so I have maxed bind/despair/damage/heal/orb level 2 and cd level 1. Lucci for power runs with maxed cd and damage level 2.

Majukun

if you guys have done the ranking between 5 am cest (the start of the ranking) and 10 am cest (the start of the daily cicle,basically when the penguin island appeared) you can re-do the ranking right now and it counts like a second day
i'm at 69 right now...i could have done the ranking in 2 runs but the first one i did with a double blackbeard to be sure and i got 29...then i did it again with a double monster chopper,which was the team i already had in mind, and got 40

Tidd

if you guys have done the ranking between 5 am cest (the start of the ranking) and 10 am cest (the start of the daily cicle,basically when the penguin island appeared) you can re-do the ranking right now and it counts like a second day
i'm at 69 right now...i could have done the ranking in 2 runs but the first one i did with a double blackbeard to be sure and i got 29...then i did it again with a double monster chopper,which was the team i already had in mind, and got 40

And done with the ranking. Easy gems. Thanks for the heads up! Next week I would have enough gems for a multi-pull and Zephyr. Come on, Bandai! Announce a SW gold only multi-pull sugo.

I just did the ranking for the first time cause Europe, but I'm not 100% sure how it works?

I got 36 hits on my run and a whole bunch of treasures ,does this mean I just wait for the second day?

Adeptrain

right now I'm trying to farm the swimsuit girls as I can do them pretty reliably with little trouble and they give better experience than the story maps (which I stopped at Alaburna?). Is it just me or are the swimsuit girls kinda...eh. Nothing special. Would it be better for me to keep doing fortnights for experience, or keep doing the story for potential drops like Crocodile and later islands?

Also, about when will the next Sugofest be? I need some better units and have been saving all my fruits.

MiTYH

I just did the ranking for the first time cause Europe, but I'm not 100% sure how it works?

I got 36 hits on my run and a whole bunch of treasures ,does this mean I just wait for the second day?

Yeah, basically. Need to get 72 which you should do in the second day it sounds like.

I need to work on this, but instead wasted about 100 stamina getting a small rainbow penguin. I just wanted to evolve my Caesar! Geez!

Yeah, basically. Need to get 72 which you should do in the second day it sounds like.

I need to work on this, but instead wasted about 100 stamina getting a small rainbow penguin. I just wanted to evolve my Caesar! Geez!

Monster chopper team + golden pound and the heaviest STR hitters you've got works fine for the ranking btw, hardly any effort required.

MANUELF

Banned
Tried the ranking but the fact that Nami loves to haste herself and her 5 copies mean Im dead after 2 turns, I can easily kill a Nami a turn but thats not enough

MiTYH

Monster chopper team + golden pound and the heaviest STR hitters you've got works fine for the ranking btw, hardly any effort required.

Yeah I saw this team on a reddit guide, this worked ridiculously well. I managed 29 (didn't bring GP so I had to use Kid because she hastened everyone on the middle stage). I'll try again probably, since Nami even dropped and 15 stamina isn't that bad. Should be easily doable in the next day or so

EDIT: Tried again and of course she brought the giant this time. Got 29 again. I'm in no rush to beat this ranking so I'll just do it again tomorrow.

MiTYH

Don't forget to farm the evolvers for Zephyr and Ain if you don't already have them.

For those curious:

Zephyr: Sea Stallion, Rainbow Robber Penguin, Black Pirate Penguin, Black Plated Lobster, Black Striped Dragon

Ain: Sea Colt, Blue Pirate Penguin, Blue Hermit Crab, Blue Armored Crab

Majukun

is it worth it to run the skipiea fortnight just to het urouge's books? i have him maxed but with no skillup,but i allso already have aokiji as the striker booster and squardo and rakuyo as psy striker beatsticks..is there any future ontent where it's useful to have urouge with the skill maxed?
How good is AIN?

kind of good, her special is useful, albeit not as unique as it would be if she came out when she was supposed to

Top Bottom