• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Hana-Bi

Man, Robins sockets are making me crazy. I just can't get those last two cd sockets. And then I need to socket my second 3d2y Robin...

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
is it worth it to run the skipiea fortnight just to het urouge's books? i have him maxed but with no skillup,but i allso already have aokiji as the striker booster and squardo and rakuyo as psy striker beatsticks..is there any future ontent where it's useful to have urouge with the skill maxed?

Well i'm running it because i still have not seen Aisa yet, even after two full stamina bars she just doesn't want to show up...

MiTYH

Got a stamina refill from snails, decided to dedicate it to the rainbow penguin gods.

So far, 2/2. Where was this luck this morning?!

RedBoot

It says something along the lines of "let's celebrate with the strongest One Piece Film characters". So I'm expecting something else.

Since it specifies Extra Island (and not specifically Clashes), it could just be referring to the various film-based fortnights. So that would be Count Butler, Dead End, and the Gran Tesoro. In fact, I'm wondering if we'll get one of those as the next fortnight. We'll find out tonight or tomorrow, I guess.

I still wouldn't expect Shiki or the Dr. Indigo fortnight, since Strong World seems to be a different matter, even for Japan. But this announcement makes me confident we'll get Gild Tesoro and Baccarat, at the very least.

Random question, do the momonga & onigiri from tsuru's fortnight serve any purpose now that we've got buster call?

I'm thinking of just removing them to clear some space.

/edit

btw the hogback story island for the mast mansion is absolute ass. is there a trick to it?

Heng

It's really hard to play this game having to constantly clear my box with every run... This skill up event cannot come here faster.

MiTYH

It's really hard to play this game having to constantly clear my box with every run... This skill up event cannot come here faster.

Ditto that. I finally spent gems to get to ... 725 I think. I should get more space probably, but everything new I'm getting I'm feeding for EXP or sockets, so there's little incentive.

RedBoot

I've been hovering around 770/800. Not so much that I have to clear it every round, but I still have to keep an eye on it. I'm going to finally give Chaos Urouge some serious farming time tonight (needed that one more despair socket from the Ranking first), so that might get me really close. Only a few more days...

Random question, do the momonga & onigiri from tsuru's fortnight serve any purpose now that we've got buster call?

I'm thinking of just removing them to clear some space.

I don't think so, outside of collection purposes. The raid versions are better stat-wise (outside of FN Momonga having a better RCV for some reason), and Raid Onigumo's special is basically hands-down better than FN's and even has a lower CD.

So, unless you're worried they might pop up in a Mission somewhere down the line (and even then I'd expect the Raid versions to also work), it's probably safe to drop them. Might do it myself. I know I culled the various Impel Down beasts (besides the Manticore) the other day. It's not even a box space issue at this point, I just want less stuff to scroll past.

Hana-Bi

Man, rng can be a bitch sometimes... Stopped socketing my first Robin and started to socket my second Robin. Of course I got 3 auto heal sockets and only 1 useful socket out of 15 Robins. Should've sticked with my first Robin... Oh well, hopefully we'll get the Halloween fn...

RalchAC

Man, rng can be a bitch sometimes... Stopped socketing my first Robin and started to socket my second Robin. Of course I got 3 auto heal sockets and only 1 useful socket out of 15 Robins. Should've sticked with my first Robin... Oh well, hopefully we'll get the Halloween fn...

Hope we get it. I think I'm going to socket my Mirage Nami now, instead of the Towel version. I may need those sockets for Aokiji.

Got 17 in the ranking today, will be able to get the max price :D

Congratulations! You have 7 days for 72 hits. So you should be able to get those five gems.

Jayhawk

I don't think so, outside of collection purposes. The raid versions are better stat-wise (outside of FN Momonga having a better RCV for some reason), and Raid Onigumo's special is basically hands-down better than FN's and even has a lower CD.

So, unless you're worried they might pop up in a Mission somewhere down the line (and even then I'd expect the Raid versions to also work), it's probably safe to drop them. Might do it myself. I know I culled the various Impel Down beasts (besides the Manticore) the other day. It's not even a box space issue at this point, I just want less stuff to scroll past.

Regarding culling unit collection, is there a translated list of existing missions on the Japanese version? I really need to get rid of 2 and 3 star units I shouldn't be holding.

Wh..Whitebeard?

No me!

I didn't bother for a long time, but it's always bugged me a bit how Enel teams have lackluster max health ... then I put 1 and 1 together and realised I should get off my lazy log-luffy owning ass and actually clear beard forest.

maxed the ship immediately, so tomororw I'm gonna see how well a WB ship + enel team does for the urouge colosseum event.

RedBoot

"Get ready for Z!" says Bandai. *Looks through OT1* I believe we are ready since we got Garp for the first time.

Somebody forgot to press the "Make new event details actually display" button again, though. :p

We're getting more keys, at least.

LaNaranja

Yes, multiple times on Veteran. I've gotten a few drops of him too and a number of his skill books.

I just ran it like 5 times on veteran and not a single secret fight. :(

Playing it on the highest difficulty hasn't brought me any luck these past few days either. The RNG in this game hates me. :(

Not cool. Give Whitebeard his boat back. He needs it, this is elder abuse.

"Get ready for Z!" says Bandai. *Looks through OT1* I believe we are ready since we got Garp for the first time.

Remember that time we got PSY turtles and everyone was like "ZEPHYR IS COMING!" and then nothing happened for 3 months until Ivankov popped up?

The sad thing is I'm going to use the same exact team I was going to use then that I'm going to now, only I'm subbing out Coby for Doffy.

Kumo

I remember feeling so far behind when I couldn't farm Garp because I couldn't farm Mihawk. As a result my Zephyr team was nowhere near ready. That was over a year ago. xD

RalchAC

I remember feeling so far behind when I couldn't farm Garp because I couldn't farm Mihawk. As a result my Zephyr team was nowhere near ready. That was over a year ago. xD

My situation:

I remember feeling so far behind when I couldn't farm Garp because I didn't have Robin. As a result my Zephyr team was nowhere near ready. That was over a year ago.
And I still don't have Robin :l

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I guess Japan just got a new WB raid. According to reddit:

After completing any raid boss, you have a chance of being offered the opportunity to challenge Young Whitebeard. You can accept or decline the challenge. However, if you accept, you must use the same team for the young WB raid as you did for the raid you just completed.

Raid details:
Stage 1. Fodder
Stage 2. 2 girls can silence you for several turns, canonner hits for 13k and has either a 5 hit perfect or great shield (Log Luffy teams are fucked)
Stage 3. Fodder
Stage 4. 6 PSY units. Each unit will random lock a unit for 5 turns. High Defense, 10 hp each..
Stage 5. Whitebeard. Puts up a 14 turn immunity shield. Begins on a 1 turn CD. Does 50K damage once you bring him below 50% health (he has 4.92 million HP). And does like 500K damage once you get him below 20% health.

Young WB details:
PSY Striker/Powerhouse
Captain Ability: Boosts all units attack by 2.5x when HP below 30% (same as colo urouge)
Special:
Lvl 1 (23 Turns) - Cut enemies health by 10%
Lvl 2 (28 Turns) - Cut enemies health by 20%
Lvl 3 (36 Turns) - Cut enemies health by 40%

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8HIM-emiho

Young whitebeard sounds hard ... being forced to use the crew you used for the last raid ... man :|

On a different note, I've been using an enel/enel team for urouge and it's great.

I do wonder what a better use of these urouge copies is btw, socket my PSY urouge or socket & skill up my new STR urouge?

STR urouge seems very niche, while PSY urouge at least gives one of my weaker types [psy] a beatstick with sockets.

run stats so far btw:
run 1: 1 socket book, 1 skillbook, 1 urouge
run 2: 1 cc, 1 urouge
run 3: 1 urouge
run 4: 1 socket bookbook, 1 urouge

Are Colisseum bosses 100% drop rate like raid bosses?

MANUELF

Banned
I have been playing some fortnights, did 15 today in the rankings, got like 5 extra summer namis and an extra summer Robin, evolved Diamante, Thunder tempo Nami and Summer Perona, is Breed worth evolving? Now Im looking for that damn red lobster to evolve my Hack
Oh I also beat Rebecca in the Underground Colloseum, her and Lucky Roo having 1 million HP is NOT fun

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Apparently young WB evolved has a different captain ability:
boosts all units by 2.5x when HP is under 50%. That's very viable.

Level 99 stats:

14390647_10207263774488783_4481379843488022048_n.jpg

Hisoka

Apparently young WB evolved has a different captain ability:
boosts all units by 2.5x when HP is under 50%. That's very viable.

Level 99 stats:

14390647_10207263774488783_4481379843488022048_n.jpg

That's.. Awesome actually! Perfect fit with his boat. Wanna see how high his skilllvl can go. A 40% cut is insane.

MiTYH

On a different note, I've been using an enel/enel team for urouge and it's great.

Are Colisseum bosses 100% drop rate like raid bosses?

What's your team setup? I did Enel/Enel once but couldnt get past Perona. I manage with double INTHawk, but every so often I fail with bad orbs

Also, Coliseum is not 100% in JPN as far as I know, but results show this time for Global, it is. So... stock up!

What's your team setup? I did Enel/Enel once but couldnt get past Perona. I manage with double INTHawk, but every so often I fail with bad orbs

Also, Coliseum is not 100% in JPN as far as I know, but results show this time for Global, it is. So... stock up!

Enel/Enel
Ivankov/ Leopard Lucci
Godsopp/Gallery La Kaku

ship: whitebeard ship.

sockets: despair level 2 lock level 1 heal level 1-2 orbs level 1-2

HP from ship aside, my enel + a friend enel usually have so much CC that even when boosted Perona barely dents me. I can imagine thousand sunny + no despair sockets making her dangerous.

/edit

I realised it might be good to clarify which CP9 guys I'm using as they've got two QCK variants.

MiTYH

Enel/Enel
Ivankov/ Leopard Lucci
Godsopp/Gallery La Kaku

ship: whitebeard ship.

sockets: despair level 2 lock level 1 heal level 1-2 orbs level 1-2

HP from ship aside, my enel + a friend enel usually have so much CC that even when boosted Perona barely dents me. I can imagine thousand sunny + no despair sockets making her dangerous.

/edit

I realised it might be good to clarify which CP9 guys I'm using as they've got two QCK variants.

Need. I tried a team of my own this time, and while I don't have the sockets, and it takes ages on perona's stage, it's much safer for sure.

Two runs down, Got 3 skillbooks total between them and two drops. Going well now

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Does anyone know if Mirage Tempo or Kimono Nami special nullifies Aokiji's 80% health cut? I'm trying to come up with a 3D2Y Sanji team without Marco.

EDIT: Sounds like it does. I should have a team that works then.

Tidd

Remember that time we got PSY turtles and everyone was like "ZEPHYR IS COMING!" and then nothing happened for 3 months until Ivankov popped up?

The sad thing is I'm going to use the same exact team I was going to use then that I'm going to now, only I'm subbing out Coby for Doffy.

Ah, the good old times. I don't want them back. :D

Somebody forgot to press the "Make new event details actually display" button again, though. :p

We're getting more keys, at least.

It's a global exclusive feature. :p

My situation:

I remember feeling so far behind when I couldn't farm Garp because I didn't have Robin. As a result my Zephyr team was nowhere near ready. That was over a year ago.
And I still don't have Robin :l

At least you guys didn't write an extremely in-depth guide for him that is basically useless now. =P

MiTYH

Consider this, if we actually did get Zephyr back when we were supposed to, we probably wouldn't have had the box space for him anyway.

You say that like we have box space now -_-

Thank god he's here during double skillup. I'm breaking at the seems with these extra copies of things.

Hana-Bi

Man, this fucking Robin fortnight is killing me. Robins droprate is below 50% for me. Didn't get a double drop the last few days and the sockets I get are crap...

This feels like a silverfest sugo to me. Three gems, 20 runs, no useful socket...

At least I reached a milestone and have now 100 max level 99 chars. :)

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I'm convinced now skypea fortnight doesn't drop Aisa anymore.

I wasted two days farming for her, nothing.

RedBoot

Z Event info is finally up. Nothing especially unusual, though the 1/2 Stamina on Extra Island banner has the logo for the Count Butler fortnight in it. So I guess that's what we're getting next week (will probably get announced later tonight). More movie content!

Tidd

Z Event info is finally up. Nothing especially unusual, though the 1/2 Stamina on Extra Island banner has the logo for the Count Butler fortnight in it. So I guess that's what we're getting next week (will probably get announced later tonight). More movie content!

So we are getting SW Shanks books again? I still need one or two skill ups so I'm not complaining. And I had better things to do than running T-Bone.
Maybe SW Franky if they release the sugo till Tuesday? This would be a "OMG I LOVE YOU, BANDAI"- moment (if I pull him)
And for the new books it could be everything. They could continue the CP9 units or give us Vergo and Lao G.

Count butler was a movie character, right? Then it would fit the theme.

And nothing special? It looks like the 1/2 stamina counts for the CC restaurant. THAT'S SPECIAL FOR ME. Although they mention the stamina cost in the description. Then it's false advertising "ALL quests on Extra Island are running at half stamina". Maybe colosseum, too?

RedBoot

No clue on the included books. Global's been getting books in a different order, and on top of that we're getting Butler about eight fortnights early. But I suspect Legend books will always stay the same, so SW Shanks will probably be there. We should find out in about half an hour, luckily!

Still waiting for my Foxy books though. Maybe this time!

Tidd

SUGO HYPE? I'm still doing a Colosseum run but I read that it was finally announced. :)

GUARANTEED NEW STRAW HATS in a multi-pull???!!!! (or Jimbei) OMFG
So the last character has a good chance to be SW Usopp or Franky since those two are the double boosted characters.
Can't wait to see me rage because I got Jinbei instead of Franky/Usopp

Count Butler fortnight announced: Vergo and Lao G + SW Shanks. And Koala instead of SW Franky. :(

edit: Also NICO ROBIN CONFIRMED TO BE A MAN! "Nice Robin - A Pirate Who Lives By HIS Code"

Top Bottom