• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

RedBoot

GUARANTEED NEW STRAW HATS in a multi-pull???!!!! (or Jimbei) OMFG
So the last character has a good chance to be SW Usopp or Franky since those two are the double boosted characters.
Can't wait to see me rage because I got Jinbei instead of Franky/Usopp

Count Butler fortnight announced: Vergo and Lao G + SW Shanks. And Koala instead of SW Franky. :(

Koala replaced SW Franky in the Wanze fortnight, so I guess we can just expect straight-up swaps for all of those instances moving forward.

Multi-pull in the sugo is tempting, because Franky and Usopp are two of the best units from this set (in fact, they probably are the best, followed by Luffy, Zoro, and Robin). And Jinbe would be amazing, of course. Not sure if I'll multi-pull, might just try my luck with 3-4 regular pulls. Still a lot of stamina refills to buy over the next week.

MANUELF

Banned
SUGO HYPE? I'm still doing a Colosseum run but I read that it was finally announced. :)

GUARANTEED NEW STRAW HATS in a multi-pull???!!!! (or Jimbei) OMFG
So the last character has a good chance to be SW Usopp or Franky since those two are the double boosted characters.
Can't wait to see me rage because I got Jinbei instead of Franky/Usopp

Count Butler fortnight announced: Vergo and Lao G + SW Shanks. And Koala instead of SW Franky. :(

edit: Also NICO ROBIN CONFIRMED TO BE A MAN! "Nice Robin - A Pirate Who Lives By HIS Code"
Usopp and Franky are the best Strong World ones? last sugo I got 3D2Y Usopp and Brook and I feel cheated

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
It actually kind of sucks that Jimbe isn't boosted at all outside of the extra 11th pull. As someone who really wanted Jimbe, it's a bit underwhelming.

Usopp and Franky are the best Strong World ones? last sugo I got 3D2Y Usopp and Brook and I feel cheated

Usopp and Franky are probably the best of the SW batch. The SW batch actually released way earlier in Japan.

3D2Y Usopp is incredibly strong. You shouldn't feel cheated. Most of the 3D2Y batch is amazing.

Tidd

I will do at least one multi-pull and this could go up to 3 if my luck is terrible.

Yes these two + Luffy are the characters people want the most. Usopp and Franky are mainly used in shooter teams with Legend Ace. But they are also great for a shooter team with Zephyr as a captain.

Still cant get a single red lobster, I also need some red penguins, any good mission to grind?

Lobsters are rare. Your best bet is to farm story mode during a 2x drop day. Check this to see which story island drops red lobsters: http://optc-db.github.io/drops/
Outside of Wednesday your best bet for a red penguin would be a low stamina story mode chapter. (preferable also during a 2x drop day, same link for the exact chapter)

RedBoot

I think it's a really good idea to pull if we get reruns of Halloween to socket SW charas.

Ooh, good point. I was sad I didn't get 3D2Y Nami (or Robin, of course) in time for the Summer fortnights.

As far as the new Hats go, I kind of want Zoro the most. I'm a big fan of the adjacent matching slot ability, and Zoro in particular helps a lot with Enel's raid.

Ugggggggggg. Just wasted 240 STA because I'm a dumb dumb and need to stop playing this while I'm tired.

First, I ran the battle twice with a BB team and about his HP cut opening attack. I died without paying attention to my HP the first time and realized it the second time. Then, I put Jozu on the team to block the big hit and still lost twice. I was running the fight like it was Duval, thinking retaliation hit from the HP cut would be enough >_<. That's when I finally realized that I was running my MC team that I always used to fight Doffy (2x MC, BB, Kidd, Jozu, GPU), but with MC and BB's positions swapped ... >_<.

The sad thing is, my Doffy is already maxed. I just need 2 more sockets.

Jayhawk

I spend a few days and gems trying to farm Koala skill books and of course the new Butler fortnight will drop them too. lolololol

Back to socketing my Namis, Robins, and Peronas.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
1 more detail about the young WB raid:

Young WB hits for 22,900 regular damage, 1 turn CD.

In summary:
He has 4.92 million HP and is PSY type
He preemptively puts up an immunity shield for 1412 turns.
He attacks you every turn for 22,900 HP regular damage on a 1 turn CD.
When his HP dips below 50%, his damage per turn jumps to 50K.

And just for a shot at him, you need to go through another raid, and 4 mob stages on his raid, first. Using the same team for both raids.

MANUELF

Banned
Is the Zephyr fortnight hard? It seems a must have but also it seems very hard and I dont have any legends, my best PSY characters are
5* Squard
4* Golden Pound Usopp
4* Momonga
4* Urouge
4* Dismantler Franky
4* Summer Robin
4* Kaya
3* T-Bone
3* Lucky Roux

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Is the Zephyr fortnight hard? It seems a must have but also it seems very hard and I dont have any legends, my best PSY characters are
5* Squard
4* Golden Pound Usopp
4* Momonga
4* Urouge
4* Dismantler Franky
4* Summer Robin
4* Kaya
3* T-Bone
3* Lucky Roux

https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePieceTC/wiki/raidboss/zephyr

I think he was the 4th raidboss originally released in japan (After Mihawk, Chopper, and Garp).

I can remember a time when I can barely finish Doffy 40, but now I'm just breezing through 60, provided I don't mess up the timing.

That sugofest sounds awesome. I've got 80 gems so I guess I'll do an 11-pull.

Jayhawk

5* Squard
4* Golden Pound Usopp
4* Momonga
4* Urouge
4* Dismantler Franky
4* Summer Robin
4* Kaya
3* T-Bone
3* Lucky Roux

Zephyr is not a fortnight; Zephyr is a raid. You don't need legends to beat raid bosses, but you currently don't have the units to farm Zephyr. The Coby and Helmeppo fortnight is coming back and those two units are two of the best early F2P units. Coby is a great unit for fighting Zephyr eventually. So is raid Garp, who is coming before Zephyr. How are your INT units? You might have better luck against Garp.

MANUELF

Banned
https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePieceTC/wiki/raidboss/zephyr

I think he was the 4th raidboss originally released in japan (After Mihawk, Chopper, and Garp).

I see that Sengoku the Budha, Garp, Mihawk and G3 Luffy are reccommended, sadly I dont have any of them, maybe I should grind for Alvida....
I already have GP Ussop and Mirage Tempo Nami so there is that, I believe I must pull before trying

Edit: My INT units are 5* Thunderbolt tempo Nami, 5* Hawkins, 5* Summer Perona, 4* Franky Family Franky, Mirage Tempo Nami and Cabin Boy Helmeppo

Jayhawk

I see that Sengoku the Budha, Garp, Mihawk and G3 Luffy are reccommended, sadly I dont have any of them, maybe I should grind for Alvida....
I already have GP Ussop and Mirage Tempo Nami so there is that, I believe I must pull before trying

Even if you pull something decent, they need to be leveled up. Your mindset with regards to pulling is wrong. Garp and Mihawk are both F2P units from easier raids. Focus on making your F2P units strong because you can't rely on getting specific RR units from pulls.

MANUELF

Banned
Even if you pull something decent, they need to be leveled up. Your mindset with regards to pulling is wrong. Garp and Mihawk are both F2P units from easier raids. Focus on making your F2P units strong because you can't rely on getting specific RR units from pulls.

Which ones I need to power up?

Jayhawk

Which ones I need to power up?

Coby v2 and Helmeppo v2 fortnight is returning next week and getting both to level 70+ and their skill levels up is a good place to start. Getting a team prepared for the next time raid Mihawk comes back is also another tip, with getting your units in that team to level 70+.

MANUELF

Banned
Coby v2 and Helmeppo v2 fortnight is returning next week and getting both to level 70+ and their skill levels up is a good place to start. Getting a team prepared for the next time raid Mihawk comes back is also another tip, with getting your units in that team to level 70+.

Any suggestions for Garp? I want to at least get him

Jayhawk

You're missing a good INT captain, so Garp would be tricky. We all spent several weeks just to get our teams strong enough for raids when we all started. It's a process and you just need to be patient. Multiple raid bosses come back every month. If you're not strong enough for the raid boss now, power up and get them next time. Some of us would have to rely on zombie team setups for raid Mihawk and raid Monster Chopper back then. 40+ minute fight just to beat 40 stamina Monster Chopper!

Hana-Bi

Don't know if I should pull this sugo... Multipull with at least one new unit seems good but I don't know if a silverfest with 10 silvers is worth it...

chrono01

Just seeing mention of this new Sugofest now. It sounds great!

That being said, I don't have Legend Ace, so the best SW characters have little use to me, although I guess I could use them with Zephyr. That being said, I'll probably resist and continue saving for the anniversary. If we get the same thing Japan got, it'll literally be raining gold posters, along with red ones. I'd like to be able to pull as much as possible on this banner as possible, hence my reluctance to spend any here. :(

RalchAC

The most F2P friendly team for Garp (from my experience) would be a Slasher team, which needs Mihawk, a few INT Slashers and Golden Pound Ussopp.

I strongly recommend you to build a STR team for the next time Mihawk appears. He is relatively easy. Once you have him the game becomes quite easier. And once you max his skill, you will be able to do most content in the game.

You should be able to easily defeat Mihawk with a STR team that uses Gear 2nd Luffy as your captain, as long as you have Golden Pound Usopp, and friends with stronger captains. Having your STR units at level 50 should be enough.

I remember making a guide for Mihawk with all sort of teams when Heng, Clogger and I had an strategy blog running. Is it still up @Clogg?

MANUELF

Banned
The most F2P friendly team for Garp (from my experience) would be a Slasher team, which needs Mihawk, a few INT Slashers and Golden Pound Ussopp.

I strongly recommend you to build a STR team for the next time Mihawk appears. He is relatively easy. Once you have him the game becomes quite easier. And once you max his skill, you will be able to do most content in the game.

You should be able to easily defeat Mihawk with a STR team that uses Gear 2nd Luffy as your captain, as long as you have Golden Pound Usopp, and friends with stronger captains. Having your STR units at level 50 should be enough.

I remember making a guide for Mihawk with all sort of teams when Heng, Clogger and I had an strategy blog running. Is it still up @Clogg?
The team I use is STR based, Gear 2 Luffy, GP Usopp, Hack, Arm Point Chopper and 5* Diamante, in my friend list I have players with Gear 3 Luffy and Sengoku the Budha if needed, it seems I should try him the next time he appears

Tidd

The team I use is STR based, Gear 2 Luffy, GP Usopp, Hack, Arm Point Chopper and 5* Diamante, in my friend list I have players with Gear 3 Luffy and Sengoku the Budha if needed, it seems I should try him the next time he appears

Yeah, you should start trying to get at least Mihawk and farm him as much as you can to max his special. He opens your path to every raid boss. This will also net you a lot of pirate exp to get more Stamina and cost. And he's not that hard. Like Ralch said a lot of team can beat him. Concentrate on your STR characters for now and you should be fine with him.

Little motivation to see how great a max skilled Mihawk is:
72J1c1r.jpg

https://translate.googleusercontent.../27289&usg=ALkJrhiphDOLv9QUyJ2Z7-45z01LRVVQ4Q

RalchAC

gonna keep my gems, have an anniversary quota to met and a zephyr to farm

Considering I want to heavily farm Doflamingo, Aokiji and Zephyr, I think I won't pull either. I'm probably going to spend like 70 gems in the next few days.

But the hype... We've been waiting for so long...

At first the guaranteed new batch unit interested me, but looking at the details it's a fairly meh sugo outside of that.

Might do one yolo pull, but otherwise I'm going to hold out for a gold only/legend boosted sugo. Not really interested in throwing 50 gems at something that might land me a handful of silvers.

Looks like everyone will quit the game when we get the gold sugo + legend up rate and no one pulls a legend :D

It's not so much about expecting a legend as raising odds with limited gems to spend.

There's at least 13 or so RR units that aren't legend that I'm highly interested in, (some like 3D2Y Zoro who I want about as much as several legends) so increasing the odds of good pulls is fairly important to me.

Majukun

Looks like everyone will quit the game when we get the gold sugo + legend up rate and no one pulls a legend :D

while it's totally possible not to pull a single legend in a sugo like that,it's also the best chance we are going to see by a long stretch..seems like a bet worth taking for people like me that are usually unlucky as all hell in sugofests...hell the one time i pulled a legend,o f 11 pulls, 9 were useless..if not for fujitora that sugo would have been another disaster for me,no way i'm gonna use 50 gems to pull ina sugo like this that it's just waiting to give me all those silver shooters in the pool

Tidd

It's not so much about expecting a legend as raising odds with limited gems to spend.

There's at least 13 or so RR units that aren't legend that I'm highly interested in, (some like 3D2Y Zoro who I want about as much as several legends) so increasing the odds of good pulls is fairly important to me.

Jup, that's the spirit! NEVER EVER expect legends and you should be good. Tbh I believe only SW Ace owners are hyped about this sugo and they should be! I doubt that we will get a better chance for SW Franky or Usopp. Double boosted + one of the guaranteed units in your extra pull. Mathematically we should see quite a lot of those two.

Gold Sugo ?

Not this one. I'm talking about the 2nd anniversary sugo. A lot of players are saving there gems for that. At least that's my impression here and on reddit.

no way i'm gonna use 50 gems to pull ina sugo like this that it's just waiting to give me all those silver shooters in the pool

Fun fact: We only have 3 silver shooters lol
Fake gold should be more. But I get your point. And I don't want to encourage anyone that he should pull. It's better to save up and farm raid bosses or the colosseum. Especially for F2P players.

MiTYH

I.... probably will do the multipull. I only have two SW units (Franky and.... Zoro, I think), so the odds are good I'll get a new unit. What is the rate up color going to be? Purple?

I've already resigned myself to buying gems if the anniversary rates are like JPN. I owe this game too much not to, play it more than some PS4 games!

RalchAC

I.... probably will do the multipull. I only have two SW units (Franky and.... Zoro, I think), so the odds are good I'll get a new unit. What is the rate up color going to be? Purple?

I've already resigned myself to buying gems if the anniversary rates are like JPN. I owe this game too much not to, play it more than some PS4 games!

Seeing how feature rich and generous the game is I'm thinking I will do it, as long as I'm not totally broke.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

You mean 3D2Y units? This is the SW debut on global. You're guaranteed at least 1 new unit.

It will be shooter class rated up.

MiTYH

You mean 3D2Y units? This is the SW debut on global. You're guaranteed at least 1 new unit.

It will be shooter class rated up.

Oh, hm, you're right, I was thinking of Log units, like this one: http://optc-db.github.io/characters/#/view/711. Sweet, that's a guarenteed new unit then, that's awesome.

Seeing how feature rich and generous the game is I'm thinking I will do it, as long as I'm not totally broke.

Same reasoning here. I just hit over 100 gems thanks to Nami's ranking finishing today, so I don't mind wasting some in the guarentee of some new units

RalchAC

Oh, hm, maybe I'm thinking of it wrong. What's this unit officially known as?
http://optc-db.github.io/characters/#/view/711

Those are the Strawhats there wear black suits like Yakuza. From the Strong World film. We never got that batch (pressumably) due to copyright problems. They were delisted from Japan a few months ago and Bamco released a new version of those same units but with a slightly different design.

We are getting that version.

MiTYH

Next Japan legend will be Blackbeard! Took them long enough!

Nice, another easily socketable legend. Details from reddit:

6* Blackbeard (DEX), Ambition/Tough

Other new units added:
STR Young Doffy: Ambition/Knowledge
Captain Ablity: Reduce Special Cooldowns by 1 turn. Boost attack of Knowledge and Ambition by 2.5x
Special: 25x attack in typeless damge to all enemies. For 3 turns all colour orbs are treated as matching for ambition.

QCK Young Vergo: Tough/Fighter
Captain Ability: Boosts units under 30 Cost by 2.5x
Special: Deals 20,000 fixed damage to one unit. Boost own attack by 2x for 2 turns

INT Young Pink: Shooter/Freedom
Captain Ability: 1.75 Attack to Freedom units. For every perfect you hit recover .75 RCV of Pink
Special: Boosts Type Damage by 1.5x for Freedom and Shooter's (same special as Tashigi but for different classes)

Once again, Doffy for MVP. That special, yikes.

It's still up, but I accidentally let the domain name expire, so you have to use the blog address:

http://optc-strategy.blogspot.com/2015/12/mihawk-raid-boss-guide.html

Edit: Ugh, just realized that all of the links are broken now too. I'm going to renew the domain once it's available again (have to pay $100 to do it now), so I'm just going to leave it alone for now.

Majukun

curious about What's gonna be 6* blackbeard's mechanic

capt ability something like the raid version on steroids? like 2x damage taken, 1.5 hps, x2,5 atk to everyone and deals x times the damage received in the last attack every turn
while the special is the 30% health cut of whitebeard to symbolise he now has both powers?

don't know if it would be enough for a legend though

RalchAC

capt ability something like the raid version on steroids? like 2x damage taken, 1.5 hps, x2,5 atk to everyone and deals x times the damage received in the last attack every turn
while the special is the 30% health cut of whitebeard to symbolise he now has both powers?

Blackbeard will have 2 specials. You've heard it here first.

It would actually make sense, considering he uses has 2 Devil Fruits

2x attack, 1.5x damage recieved.
nullify all specials and buffs used by enemy units.

RR30

Has this game killed anyone's interest in any other mobile games, especially gacha ones like it has mine? After playing this for a while I tried Dokkan and recently Naruto but OTPC is just miles better with F2P gems and useful units. A raid character in Naruto doesn't matter, while here they are some of the best in the game.

Top Bottom