• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
well not "everything". not since the introduction of barriers that basically make him useless

Gamewith still lists him as being able to technically clear everything at 100%, despite the existence of those barriers. Presumably people have either found a way around them via specials or creative team composition. Not ideal, and maybe it should be taken with a grain of salt, but that's what it says.

Though that doesn't include Coliseum.

RedBoot

Gave in to temptation and did one more pull this morning, and got SW Zoro. He was actually the SW character I wanted the most, so I'm quite happy with that (and now the "Hey, you should do more pulls" Monkey is vanquished until next sugo). Maxing Enel is one of the next big things I need to do, so he'll be a big help there.

Hallelujah! Snow Chopper dropped.

Is it just me or is his special kind of awesome? 50% damage cut plus orb matching up for three turns

It's quite good, and I think there are definitely situations that call for longer damage reduction instead of the 1-turn ones that Alvida/Perona do. The problem, much like many other secret fortnight characters, is that his starting cooldown is ridiculously high, so you'd basically need to max him in order to get any use out of him.

Plus, even with the DEX orb boost, I feel like you'd just use Smoker in any situation that calls for multi-turn damage reduction anyway. :p

Majukun

Gamewith still lists him as being able to technically clear everything at 100%, despite the existence of those barriers. Presumably people have either found a way around them via specials or creative team composition. Not ideal, and maybe it should be taken with a grain of salt, but that's what it says.

Though that doesn't include Coliseum.

if i remember correctly that rate only counts raids and forests,not colosseum stages
don't quote me on that though

bjork

if you had put lock on garp you might have tries a double garp team..very slow but technically safe from what i heard..i went with shanks + sw shanks with alvida,doffy,marco and impact usopp....good team but you basically risk everything with a single burst

I can get a double garp team that's got 2 lock and 1 despair, without the friend captain in the mix. I was thinking about a G3 team with Doflamingo and yellow subs.

RalchAC

I can get a double garp team that's got 2 lock and 1 despair, without the friend captain in the mix. I was thinking about a G3 team with Doflamingo and yellow subs.

I'm using a Log Luffy team, but a G3 shouldn't be that different. Mine is:

Log Luffy / Log Luffy
Garp / Impact Usopp
Doffy / Mirage Tempo Nami

With level 2 Anti-Lock and level 1 Anti-Despair.

I would rather use Rakuyo instead of Garp, but I need him due to sockets. The most important part is having 2 PSY orbs in the turn when you are going to burst Aokiji down.

bjork

Apparently I did the 40 stamina with

Sengoku/Sengoku
Alvida/Ryuma
Impact Usopp/Coby

But that team has nothing socketwise. Definitely gonna try out some different teams this time, and not forget to throw in Mirage Tempo Nami.

HabeeNo

Do SW Shanks or Rayleigh teams w/o Anti-Lock/Despair have a shot against Aokiji?

Last time I tried him he bodied me even on 40 Stamina :(

Kyou

trying to throw together an Aokiji team and remember that for me it's not him that's the problem, it's the rest of his stage.

I think stage 3 and 4 usually fuck me

Do SW Shanks or Rayleigh teams w/o Anti-Lock/Despair have a shot against Aokiji?

Last time I tried him he bodied me even on 40 Stamina :(

Without antilock on Ray teams you run into the need of bringing GP Usopp over Impact to stall out the lock and despair, which essentially weakens your final attack burst. You can however do it with GP Usopp by using a Whiteboard friend captain. This was the way I initially farmed the raid but it can be incredibly precarious.

Spinx

VZww4Hd.png

Doffy's ship is mine. Thank you to the Rocket Man ship. Only 7500 points in the rayleigh shop.

Global players keep your rr dupes lol

Spinx

Get a real team.
Congrats!

I would kill for a Jimbei or SW ace but it just won't happen. Pulled my third red poster recently and it was a dupe Corazon. What the fuck game?!

20 legends in the game and I get a dupe.

Thanks.

RalchAC

Without antilock on Ray teams you run into the need of bringing GP Usopp over Impact to stall out the lock and despair, which essentially weakens your final attack burst. You can however do it with GP Usopp by using a Whiteboard friend captain. This was the way I initially farmed the raid but it can be incredibly precarious.

Don Sai boosts both Fighter and Strikers by a variable amount (higher bonus the lower your HP).

What about something like this?

Whitebeard / Ray
Garp / GP Usopp
Sai / Doflamingo

If you have him of course.

Tidd

How do you have 150 HP?

Rocketman reduces the HP of non-tough characters. And 150 is the absolute minimum you can have with that. :p

I would kill for a Jimbei or SW ace but it just won't happen. Pulled my third red poster recently and it was a dupe Corazon. What the fuck game?!

20 legends in the game and I get a dupe.

At least you could farm Sabo which is hard enough. And I know the feeling. Last Sugo I got a Boa dupe. ;__;

Don Sai boosts both Fighter and Strikers by a variable amount (higher bonus the lower your HP).

What about something like this?

Whitebeard / Ray
Garp / GP Usopp
Sai / Doflamingo

If you have him of course.

I used Rakuyo and Urouge for guaranteed orbs and striker boost. I'm not sure if you'd be able to kill Aokiji without another PSY beatstick, not only that but Sai's cooldown will probably be an issue along with unreliable orb manipulation.

I havent got neither Winter Chopper or Aisa :(

You're not missing out on anything. Aisa is garbage and Winter Chopper requires a huge amount of skill ups to be even remotely useful. The only reason I managed to max mine was because I was gemming for Marco books. Aisa never even showed up for me after running the FN for 2 weeks and I'm not even mad.

RedBoot

Yeah, Aisa's stats are so low that you're probably better off using Perona or Alvida (full damage null versus 90 or 80% isn't too big a deal). Not to mention the amount of effort it takes to max Aisa's skill.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
What's the base minimum I need for Zephyr? I'm assuming a PSY team and some degree of anti-lock?
Do you have Garp, impact usopp, and an orb booster? Then you can beat zephyr. He was the 4th raid boss, after chopper, Mihawk, and Garp.

MANUELF

Banned
At least I have been lucky with Garp skill ups 5/10 and Im near to evolve him but I dont know if I should 50 cost is almost half my total :/

MANUELF

Banned
Im crunching numbers and it seems that my team against Aokiji can do 1.280 million damage in 1 turn if my friend captain is a maxed 5* Squard and all my specials are charged AND Im at less than 30% HP left, thats good enough to kill over half the health of 40 stamina Aokiji, the bad thing is that I dont have any friend with squard so I will try to zombie him if Im lucky enough, I dont have high hopes for Aokiji :(

Kumo

I wanted to finish summer girls while it's here but after going 2/20 on skill ups for Robin, I'm going to have to pass. :( At least I have Nami and Perona finished.

Kyou

Aokiji is really really hard. He's flat out the hardest boss right now. There's no shame in waiting for him to come around again.

Speaking of ol Aokiji what are the best sockets for him? Mine's going on lock, despair, special but there's still time to change.

RR30

Im crunching numbers and it seems that my team against Aokiji can do 1.280 million damage in 1 turn if my friend captain is a maxed 5* Squard and all my specials are charged AND Im at less than 30% HP left, thats good enough to kill over half the health of 40 stamina Aokiji, the bad thing is that I dont have any friend with squard so I will try to zombie him if Im lucky enough, I dont have high hopes for Aokiji :(

You are likely going to have to wait until the next time he comes to get him unless you want to waste a lot of gems, and it's not worth it considering he isn't guaranteed at 40 stam.

MANUELF

Banned
Aokiji is really really hard. He's flat out the hardest boss right now. There's no shame in waiting for him to come around again.

Speaking of ol Aokiji what are the best sockets for him? Mine's going on lock, despair, special but there's still time to change.

You are likely going to have to wait until the next time he comes to get him unless you want to waste a lot of gems, and it's not worth it considering he isn't guaranteed at 40 stam.

I still want to try him once but yeah I would be the luckiest person ever if I manage to beat the clash let alone getting him

At least Zephyr is far easier

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Hmx8MOy.jpg

I went with lock, despair, heal myself. I don't have Whitebeard, so I figure he'd mostly be used in other Striker teams or INT teams. He's super good against Raid Boa, and Autoheal sockets help a lot.

Kyou

I went with lock, despair, heal myself. I don't have Whitebeard, so I figure he'd mostly be used in other Striker teams or INT teams. He's super good against Raid Boa, and Autoheal sockets help a lot.

Yeah I was thinking I might go with heal. Might even just use that damn book that's sitting there to make it faster.

Is that what's recommended for the aokiji forest too?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Yeah I was thinking I might go with heal. Might even just use that damn book that's sitting there to make it faster.

Is that what's recommended for the aokiji forest too?

For Aokiji forest, you definitely want plenty of lock and despair. I havent beaten it, but Autoheal is generally good for forests.

Oh, I'd use him on Free Spirit teams too.

chrono01

Yeah, I think I'll go Lock/Despair/Auto Heal, since I'm planning on using him with my Sabo team and Auto Heal helps, since the higher my HP, the more damage I do.

Tidd

Inb4 we clear the challenge within the next 24 hours and get extra rewards. :D

Oh, I thought I would still need one skill up on my Aokiji. Turns out I'm already done with him. Went for Bind/Despair/Cooldown reduction

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
:eek:

I fed 4 books and got 3 skill ups to max marco.

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Kyou

*pumps fist* I can reliably and easily kill Aokiji every time with tons of room for error

Sockets on Rayleigh continue to pay dividends

chrono01

*pumps fist* I can reliably and easily kill Aokiji every time with tons of room for error

Sockets on Rayleigh continue to pay dividends
For me, it's:

- Get Aokiji as close to 50% as I can (to be safe)
- At 1 turn left, use Doflamingo to place PSY orbs on SW Shanks and Garp (If I don't have two PSY orbs, I use Garp before Doflamingo)
- Use Impact Usopp to boost PSY orbs
- Use both Log Luffy specials, to get STR orbs on each (mostly just to deal a bit of additional damage)
- Hope I don't error during the combo, and finish with Garp and then SW Shanks attacking

Win!

Top Bottom