• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

That's good to know, thanks! I have all the components to the Croc dream team at this point it seems: 3D2Y Robin, Legend Doffy, Max Heraclesn, Max Raid Kuma, Bubble Bath Kalifa...

I just have a ton of autoheal sockets on them. Even Doffy, I'd probably like to have autoheal on him for general use. Heraclesn and Kuma both have autoheal maxed.

The nice thing about level 5 autoheal is that it activates at 24 points instead of 25. You could theoretically put 4 autoheal points on Doffy and still have him on your Croc team without triggering any HP recovery but you'll still have him be useful for rainbow teams that have enough points in autoheal to put you at 20 and then with Doffy's 4 you'll be at level 5 recovery.

bobohoro

Might as well take this opportunity to start posting here as well.
Fairly new player (roughly 30 days), f2p, haven't gotten any legends yet and my only high-tier unit is G3.
Which I can't really use since I'm terrible at hitting perfects when I should.

Anyway, my multipull went somewhat disappointingt:
SW Franky 4*
SW Sanji 4*
3d2y Luffy 4*
Apoo 4*
Buffalo 4*

Rest was mostly useless silver and Usopps.

Well, Sanji made getting Garp easier a bit, since I didn't have to use Laboon, and Franky might be fun together with Gladius when I get Zephyr. Nowhere near an optimal shooter team, but better than most of the stuff I have. Only other worthwile unit is a Marco The Phoenix and a Mihawk without any special levels. Will also level Luffy since he seems to make for a fun Rayleigh light and decent rainbow captain.

And since natural stamina is back up at 40, let's have another long conversation with Garp.

Jayhawk

Might as well take this opportunity to start posting here as well.
Fairly new player (roughly 30 days), f2p, haven't gotten any legends yet and my only high-tier unit is G3.
Which I can't really use since I'm terrible at hitting perfects when I should.

Anyway, my multipull went somewhat disappointingt:
SW Franky 4*
SW Sanji 4*
3d2y Luffy 4*
Apoo 4*
Buffalo 4*

Rest was mostly useless silver and Usopps.

Well, Sanji made getting Garp easier a bit, since I didn't have to use Laboon, and Franky might be fun together with Gladius when I get Zephyr. Nowhere near an optimal shooter team, but better than most of the stuff I have. Only other worthwile unit is a Marco The Phoenix and a Mihawk without any special levels. Will also level Luffy since he seems to make for a fun Rayleigh light and decent rainbow captain.

And since natural stamina is back up at 40, let's have another long conversation with Garp.

Your new SW Franky will complement your G3 teams well for stages with a lot of DEX units. It will be your G3 team's best orb booster until you get raid Doflamingo. G3 and/or Mihawk will be your go-to captains for most things the next few months on stages that don't have type restrictions. If you need practice for hitting Perfects, the 0-stamina training forest isles are useful.

I'm trying to remember the sub units for the powerful Log Luffy team that had Monet and raid Hancock. Koala was on there? Who was the 4th?

Raid Sabo works well due to his Static Attack Multiplier boost.

The SW Franky replacement from this current Sugo works even better.

Also, Koala can be swapped for Colosseum Apoo or Colosseum Ace. Swapping Koala and Sabo will lower damage against Blue teams, but drastically increase all other damage output.

HQ3vepC.png

A Non-Legend version of the above can still do burst relatively well, also:
The LL-team is simply beastly with 3 guaranteed orbs + LL's dual 4x Captain Effect. However, ~3-3.5m damage over two turns is still great for a team that only needs 2 RRs.

Jayhawk

Also, Koala can be swapped for Colosseum Apoo or Colosseum Ace. Swapping Koala and Sabo will lower damage against Blue teams, but drastically increase all other damage output.

The LL-team is simply beastly with 3 guaranteed orbs + LL's dual 4x Captain Effect. However, ~3-3.5m damage over two turns is still great for a team that only needs 2 RRs.

Thanks for the info. I got SW Franky with this sugo, and I already have Koala and Monet. My LL team will be SUPER once raid Boa comes around and I should be able to farm her with Rayleigh. Maybe I should add sockets to Rayleigh from the next coliseum cycle.

Anyway, I just wanted the different team members so I can plan my sockets around for the subs. I need to max my Log Luffy sockets still and I'm gonna drop my 4/5 orb socket for auto-heal.

RR30

From reddit:

Basically if you use 6 powerhouse chars, it's nearly 1k of free healing each turn & the attack boost is higher than 1.5

This ship would make powerhouse teams absolutely beastly.

My Lucci team is waiting then... With two legend dupes I hope it's enough for the ship.

sasari

Haven't really played all that much in a while, I played a little each day but not how I used to. Came back today and decided to blow all my gems on the Sugo, around 65. Managed to get Legend Marco, Legend Corazon, SW Chopper, Robin, Nami and Usopp.

Now to find out if any are actually going to be useful lol

chrono01

Oh man, I already have Log Luffy and Monet, and I pulled Koala and SW Franky last night. I'm excited! I just need to farm Boa when she arrives, hopefully it won't be too difficult. Can't wait.

Similar to you, Jayhawk, I'm considering swapping out my Orb Boost for Auto Heal. Not entirely sure, though. :/

Haven't really played all that much in a while, I played a little each day but not how I used to. Came back today and decided to blow all my gems on the Sugo, around 65. Managed to get Legend Marco, Legend Corazon, SW Chopper, Robin, Nami and Usopp.

Now to find out if any are actually going to be useful lol
Hey now, save some Legends for the rest of us!

And congrats. :)

Jayhawk

Oh man, I already have Log Luffy and Monet, and I pulled Koala and SW Franky last night. I'm excited! I just need to farm Boa when she arrives, hopefully it won't be too difficult. Can't wait.

Similar to you, Jayhawk, I'm considering swapping out my Orb Boost for Auto Heal. Not entirely sure, though. :/

Orb boost, especially past level 1, just isn't as effective as other higher level sockets. High-level auto-heal is incredible and makes stalling much easier, and that stalling means you have time to farm for orbs for various stages.

I try to keep my orb boost sockets on orb boosters (e.g., raid Doffy) just to make it easier for myself for tracking. I have to plan on my sockets on SW Franky and raid Boa just to make sure I don't end up with like 25 sockets of something that caps at 20.

chrono01

Orb boost, especially past level 1, just isn't as effective as other higher level sockets. High-level auto-heal is incredible and makes stalling much easier, and that stalling means you have time to farm for orbs for various stages.

I try to keep my orb boost sockets on orb boosters (e.g., raid Doffy) just to make it easier for myself for tracking. I have to plan on my sockets on SW Franky and raid Boa just to make sure I don't end up with like 25 sockets of something that caps at 20.
Thanks man, I'll probably go ahead and do the same.

Thankfully, Luffy copies are easy enough to grab, since he has a few fortnights where a version of him appears (Afro Luffy, etc.). Should make re-socketing him easier, but I'll probably wait until I can get a handful of him, so I'm not stuck at something like 1/5 Auto Heal.

Thanks man, I'll probably go ahead and do the same.

Thankfully, Luffy copies are easy enough to grab, since he has a few fortnights where a version of him appears (Afro Luffy, etc.). Should make re-socketing him easier, but I'll probably wait until I can get a handful of him, so I'm not stuck at something like 1/5 Auto Heal.

It's probably best to wait till Nightmare Luffy, which will presumably come out sometime in October. It's a 40 stamina raid for a guaranteed drop and a small chance at a second Luffy drop. It might not be as fast as an expert fortnight depending on your team but it'll be waaaay more stamina efficient.

chrono01

It's probably best to wait till Nightmare Luffy, which will presumably come out sometime in October. It's a 40 stamina raid for a guaranteed drop and a small chance at a second Luffy drop. It might not be as fast as fast as an expert fortnight depending on your team but it'll be waaaay more stamina efficient.
Thanks, I might do that instead.

Honestly, it's probably better for me to keep Orb Boost on my Log Luffy now anyway, since it'll be a while until I socket SW Franky or Raid Boa (two of the easiest to socket for, I'm assuming) for the Orb Boost I'd be replacing. Then I can go ahead and replace it for Auto Heal on Log Luffy.

MANUELF

Banned
Guys I have been reading about Aokiji Clash and isn it doable for a zombie team if you use GP Usopp in stage 3 for them to recover from bind?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Guys I have been reading about Aokiji Clash and isn it doable for a zombie team if you use GP Usopp in stage 3 for them to recover from bind?

I don't think so. Under 20% health, Aokiji will lock random units for 13 turns, and that can include captains.

MANUELF

Banned
I don't think so. Under 20% health, Aokiji will lock random units for 13 turns, and that can include captains.
Then I must be lucky for it to not be one of my captains or bring a unit to unlock them
Anyway I will try it tomorrow, I dont lose anything, at most I will lose a gem

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Then I must be lucky for it to not be one of my captains or bring a unit to unlock them
Anyway I will try it tomorrow, I dont lose anything, at most I will lose a gem

I think he locks a unit every turn. If you're zombie-ing, then you're definitely not going to do enough damage before he locks your entire team.

They basically intentionally designed future raid bosses to not be zombie-able. Mihawk, Garp, Monster Chopper, and lower stamina Ivankov are the only ones, I believe.

MANUELF

Banned
I think he locks a unit every turn. If you're zombie-ing, then you're definitely not going to do enough damage before he locks your entire team.

They basically intentionally designed future raid bosses to not be zombie-able. Mihawk, Garp, Monster Chopper, and lower stamina Ivankov are the only ones, I believe.
If thats true then I wont be able to beat him, also I only though about his 40 self not the 60 one, and it seems Zephyr is zombieable if you kill the miniboss in less than 3 turns

chrono01

Franky would make a good candidate for the Orb socket, since he'll have use on multiple teams and can always bring the sockets to them.
Yeah, Franky is definitely the one I'm aiming for giving the Slot Boost. He has a fortnight too, so it shouldn't be too bad, I just need for it to return.

Jayhawk

Yeah, Franky is definitely the one I'm aiming for giving the Slot Boost. He has a fortnight too, so it shouldn't be too bad, I just need for it to return.

Very good chance Hallowe'en fortnight comes back in October in time for Hallowe'en and I remember Franky dropping a lot last year. Sockets for our SW Franky!

Tidd

Very good chance Hallowe'en fortnight comes back in October in time for Hallowe'en and I remember Franky dropping a lot last year. Sockets for our SW Franky!

I need so many sockets for straw hats... SW Franky, 3D2Y Sanji. SW Robin, SW Brook (as a psy slasher beatstick), 3D2Y Brook, SW Zoro. Also SW Usopp but the Halloween fortnights aren't a reliable way to socket him. Furthermore I still need Whitebeard books after the skill up event screwed me over... And maybe they change the skill books to the one the Japanese version had? SW Usopp and Zoro books would be awesome. :D
And then there is Lucci who should return next month.

HabeeNo

Made my multi pull

Ms Valentine
Ms. Wednesday
Kaya
CP9 Blueno (NEW)
Kaya
SW Chopper (NEW)
Kaya
Mr. 5
Machvise (NEW)
SW Chopper

SW Franky (NEW)

Profound sadness ._.

RedBoot

Done with the Wanze fortnight. I went 1 for 15 on skill ups on my first Neros, but then I got 4 of 5 on the next set, so that all evened out. I've maxed Koala, Kuma, and Nojiko (hooray on that one) and Wanze, Nero, and Hack are all within one which is close enough (and I can finish Hack when his books show up elsewhere).

Now to get like ten sea horses for all these DEX pigs. Might mess around with Shandia tomorrow until Aokiji arrives.

I need so many sockets for straw hats... SW Franky, 3D2Y Sanji. SW Robin, SW Brook (as a psy slasher beatstick), 3D2Y Brook, SW Zoro. Also SW Usopp but the Halloween fortnights aren't a reliable way to socket him.

Yeah, one of the things to remember between the SW Hats and the 3D2Y ones we got before, we finally have several Strawhats with 4 socket slots. Lots more opportunities for slots. Even some of the less impressive SW Hats like Sanji or Chopper can still be useful with full sockets.

That's actually one of the reasons I'm sad my pulls were lame, I'll miss out on socket opportunities when Halloween returns (plus Afro Luffy in a week or so). At least I got 3D2Y Franky, I really didn't have a "good" Franky before.

Adeptrain

So, my previous great luck led to to actually buy some gems (My first purchase for the game) and I did two more multi-pulls. Lots of dupes (Gods, so many bellmere!! ㅜㅜ)
but I also got Fujitora and Whitebeard!!!! I honestly can't believe it. That's five multi-pulls...five legends! I hope everyone here is having similar luck :)

MANUELF

Banned
Anyone has a captain that recover 2k each turn? I need one to beat Garp but no one of my friends option is one
My friend Code is 322,039,591

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
The nice thing about level 5 autoheal is that it activates at 24 points instead of 25. You could theoretically put 4 autoheal points on Doffy and still have him on your Croc team without triggering any HP recovery but you'll still have him be useful for rainbow teams that have enough points in autoheal to put you at 20 and then with Doffy's 4 you'll be at level 5 recovery.

I actually had that plan for Kuma, and of course the first socket he maxes is Autoheal. Good advice though. I'll figure it out. I may need to get a new Heraclesn. Or if Coliseum Drake comes out soon, I can use him instead.

Kyou

Hallelujah! Snow Chopper dropped.

Is it just me or is his special kind of awesome? 50% damage cut plus orb matching up for three turns

RalchAC

Is he a 100% drop when he appears? Is he a difficulty exclusive?

Those hidden characters can drop anywhere from 5 to 30 stamina difficulties. The higher the difficulty the higher the chance he appears.

I don't know if drop is 100% on lower difficulties though.

Man I decided to try some different friend captains for wapol as I was getting a bit tired of farming perona for sockets;

Legend Doflamingo's got a pretty damn harsh captain condition. How high is he ranked among legends?

bjork

I'm not sure what his clear rate is, but after months of G3 and Rayleigh teams, I haven't whiffed much when I use him as a captain.

But raid Doflamingo is such a good unit, it almost seems wrong to use QCK Doflamingo instead, even as a sub.

[edit - been having some better luck with raid skill ups lately, I only need 1 on my Doflamingo next time he comes around, and I'm one away on Garp, so hopefully I can finish him today.]

Tidd

Edit: 4816 Garp kills in one hour lol
If it stays at the same rate we would get 240.000kills for Garp alone.

Zephyr will destroy the score.

Nothing changed. Still 5000 kills/hour. Unbelievable that we will have 1/4 of the target score just with Garp.

RalchAC

Nothing changed. Still 5000 kills/hour. Unbelievable that we will have 1/4 of the target score just with Garp.

Yeah. We are probably going to clear the 800k target during the Aokiji raid, and Zephyr is going to be overkill. He isn't that hard right now, and most veterans are thirsty for their shooter lead.

Mixed2k

12 pulls:
SW Usopp
Leo
Apoo
SW Nami
SW Sanji
SW Robin
Giolla
and the rest was trash silvers/fake golds.

I guess I got 2 really nice units but I'm really disappointed that I didn't get SW Zoro, I still don't have the orb manipulator for 60 stam Enel.

175 days and still no legend pull, thank god I started with the one and only Log Luffy to save my butt. Now it's time to get hyped about 1/2 stam afro Luffy, my Usopp has no sockets and I never got a single Lock on my Luffy.

RalchAC

What's the base minimum I need for Zephyr? I'm assuming a PSY team and some degree of anti-lock?

You don't really need it, since the boss was released before sockets.

But Zephyr locks middle and bottom row units for 2 turns as a pre-emptitve strike IIRC, so having level 2 sockets would be great if you are going to use a 2x Marco burst time like I do.

RR30

How good is SW Luffy? I don't have G3 or LL G2 is a decent sub on Sengoku teams. Am I better off socketing him or the new SW version?

Also I dropped 10 Marco books before Sugo and of course pulled him and now can't get any to drop. Welp.

How good is SW Luffy? I don't have G3 or LL G2 is a decent sub on Sengoku teams. Am I better off socketing him or the new SW version?

Also I dropped 10 Marco books before Sugo and of course pulled him and now can't get any to drop. Welp.
SW Luffy is more or less the best STR captain that hasn't got the drawbacks of say Monster Chopper, and you'll probably use him more as a STR burst captain.
Stop killing them so fast you folks lol, next time the threshold is going to be so high XP. Guessing a bunch of people taking the opportunity to get Garp's skill level to max, which is what I'll do with Aokiji lol

What do you think of Enel as a sub? SW Luffy's basically Enel but with a more damage oriented captain ability similar to Mihawk.

/edit

Random question btw, if you have LOG LUFFY and look at content clear rates, what other legendary captains have the best synergy (e.g. for getting as close to 100% spread between two legends)

I assume you need Log Luffy + a rainbow legend captain who has no issue with great/perfect shields?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Random question btw, if you have LOG LUFFY and look at content clear rates, what other legendary captains have the best synergy (e.g. for getting as close to 100% spread between two legends)

I assume you need Log Luffy + a rainbow legend captain who has no issue with great/perfect shields?

Do you mean for Log Luffy or just in general? I know Log pairs well with Corazon for a more zombie tankiness. And raid Sabo. Legend Law allows specials to bypass shields, so that might be helpful in clearing content.

RalchAC

Do you mean for Log Luffy or just in general? I know Log pairs well with Corazon for a more zombie tankiness. And raid Sabo. Legend Law allows specials to bypass shields, so that might be helpful in clearing content.

He wants to know which Legend clears the content Luffy doesn't.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
He wants to know which Legend clears the content Luffy doesn't.

Oh ok. Well doesn't Log Luffy clear everything, even if it's not optimal? I guess one of the biggest obstacles coming up will be raid Boa. And that can be cleared with Zephyr+SW Ace friend I think.

I suspect if you have both Log Luffy and SW Ace, you can clear mostly everything pretty easily.

bjork

Finally skill-maxed Garp. I put despair and poison on him, and those are done. Not sure why I wanted poison, but maybe it'll be handy later. He's at level 95, but I'll max him with turtles from daily snails.

So now I need to build a team for Aokiji. Might try to Sugar him, not sure yet.

Majukun

Oh ok. Well doesn't Log Luffy clear everything, even if it's not optimal? I guess one of the biggest obstacles coming up will be raid Boa. And that can be cleared with Zephyr+SW Ace friend I think.

I suspect if you have both Log Luffy and SW Ace, you can clear mostly everything pretty easily.

well not "everything". not since the introduction of barriers that basically make him useless

Majukun

Finally skill-maxed Garp. I put despair and poison on him, and those are done. Not sure why I wanted poison, but maybe it'll be handy later. He's at level 95, but I'll max him with turtles from daily snails.

So now I need to build a team for Aokiji. Might try to Sugar him, not sure yet.

if you had put lock on garp you might have tries a double garp team..very slow but technically safe from what i heard..i went with shanks + sw shanks with alvida,doffy,marco and impact usopp....good team but you basically risk everything with a single burst

Top Bottom