• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Kyou

After tries with my Rayleigh team and my Double Enel team, I finally reached a conclusion:

Fuck Aokiji and everything he stands for
I'm finding RayRay/Doffy/Mihawk/I Usopp/Garp to be super easy. Just consistently tearing his shit up.

Now if only he would SKILL UP ALREADY

So did every single one of you have to just farm Veteran fortnight stages over and over to get your Pirate Rank up at the start? It's just hard to imagine the developer intended you to have to do this to progress through the game. It's so bizarre they made the story missions as difficult as they are for early players and that you don't level up your characters by playing stages. I feel like there's another way I'm supposed to get stronger early on but there doesn't seem to be anything.

Right now I'm bouncing between collecting the evolution items I need based on what day of the week it is and playing Veteran fortnight stages to level up. It just seem like it will be forever before I have a high enough level to get strong enough characters in to continue story and do higher level fortnights for a better shot at the rare characters. Is this really how it's intended to be played early on?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
So did every single one of you have to just farm Veteran fortnight stages over and over to get your Pirate Rank up at the start? It's just hard to imagine the developer intended you to have to do this to progress through the game. It's so bizarre they made the story missions as difficult as they are for early players and that you don't level up your characters by playing stages. I feel like there's another way I'm supposed to get stronger early on but there doesn't seem to be anything.

Right now I'm bouncing between collecting the evolution items I need based on what day of the week it is and playing Veteran fortnight stages to level up. It just seem like it will be forever before I have a high enough level to get strong enough characters in to continue story and do higher level fortnights for a better shot at the rare characters. Is this really how it's intended to be played early on?

What's your current pirate level?

You're supposed to be trying to get and level up new characters via fortnights that rotate in, and you'll get good pirate exp in the process. Right now, two of the fortnights are particularly good for new players- Cobimeppo and Arlong. This is the case even if you start out with Legends. Old fortnight characters still have value, and this is why OPTC is so superior to a lot of other mobile gatcha games with excessive power creep.

It also depends on where you're stuck in the story. People here could help with team composition if you're hitting a roadblock.

Even on the 15 stamina fortnights, you have a decent chance st character drops.

Because you don't level up by playing stages but by feeding units (especially turtles!) to eachother, it's easier to make sure the units you most "need" level up first.

The result is that it's possible to get access to a number of important key units & level them to clear content you're aiming for quite early on.

Have people given you useful websites to play the game yet btw?
There's a site keeping track of a calendar: http://www.optccalendar.com/september-g-pst.html
a site that helps you predict the time you can expect turtles for xp: https://optctimer.com/#!/turtle
and a site with all units + fortnight/story drops: https://optc-db.github.io/

The game's quite heavy on grind all the way through, so "playing the same fortnight over and over" will definitely be a permanent part of the experience; Though usually this is done to get skillbooks or good fortnight units. (which drop regularly on the 30 sta version)

Suggestions on what you can do/how to pass certain difficult story stages can obviously be given, but do depend on your available units.

Majukun

where are you in the story? you should be able to reach at least Alubarna with very little effort if you have built a somewhat decent team, meaning with the right captains and subs

anyway, yes, at the beginning you are supposed to farm low tier fortnights and use turtle times and pigs to level up your units... that should be more than enough to gain pirate levels quickly

RedBoot

The other thing to remember is that a lot of us have been playing from the start or near it, so we kind of leveled alongside the content. Starting anew from now is definitely a different experience.

I'd look at the game from a weekly scheduling perspective, since the content changes a lot every Tuesday night. Figure out what content benefits you best and focus on that for the week. For instance, Cobymeppo is probably the best repeatable content for a newer player (it's also relatively easy), so I'd get the units from Butler and Arlong (if you don't have them), then focus on Cobymeppo and specifically skilling up Coby and Helmeppo. You can always take time to run the story mode for a specific double drop day, or try a raid boss. Depending on what RRs you have, some content may be better for you specifically.

The other thing to remember is that you'll rarely "finish" any task in this game in one day. It's all about playing a little each day, gathering characters or resources you need, and gradually getting stronger (mostly on skill-up boost days).

What's your current pirate level?

You're supposed to be trying to get and level up new characters via fortnights that rotate in, and you'll get good pirate exp in the process. Right now, two of the fortnights are particularly good for new players- Cobimeppo and Arlong. This is the case even if you start out with Legends. Old fortnight characters still have value, and this is why OPTC is so superior to a lot of other mobile gatcha games with excessive power creep.

It also depends on where you're stuck in the story. People here could help with team composition if you're hitting a roadblock.

Even on the 15 stamina fortnights, you have a decent chance st character drops.
I can't remember at the moment, either 31ish or 41ish I want to say. I have Sengoku as captain which should be great for having so many sub 20 cost characters and then have the CP9 Kaku, the second level Sanji that lowers defense with his special, and just upgraded story Zoro which might not have been the best time because it forced me to take out a party member (story Luffy). Thanks to a gaffer, I have a great account with good characters, it's just an issue of my max points being too low to get them into the party. So I basically just need to level up Pirate Lvl like crazy.

I was farming Wapol mostly but did all the veteran levels that have been there. I'll try out the new ones that came in today at Veteran level when I get out of work. It's namely their decision to make earlier story so difficult that I find baffling because it forces you to just grind the same stages over and over like crazy right off the bat. They should have made the story missions easier and given good XP up to a certain Pirate lvl. This way new players could have fun constantly playing new levels and going through a story they enjoy from the manga or anime instead of slogging through the same fortnight missions.
Because you don't level up by playing stages but by feeding units (especially turtles!) to eachother, it's easier to make sure the units you most "need" level up first.

The result is that it's possible to get access to a number of important key units & level them to clear content you're aiming for quite early on.

Have people given you useful websites to play the game yet btw?
There's a site keeping track of a calendar: http://www.optccalendar.com/september-g-pst.html
a site that helps you predict the time you can expect turtles for xp: https://optctimer.com/#!/turtle
and a site with all units + fortnight/story drops: https://optc-db.github.io/

The game's quite heavy on grind all the way through, so "playing the same fortnight over and over" will definitely be a permanent part of the experience; Though usually this is done to get skillbooks or good fortnight units. (which drop regularly on the 30 sta version)

Suggestions on what you can do/how to pass certain difficult story stages can obviously be given, but do depend on your available units.
Yeah I'm aware you have to use turtles and pigs to level, not a fan of that because I don't get them often enough. I think that's good that they exist, but you should still level from playing content in the same way that FFBE levels you with content but metal cactuars give you massive XP boosts and are only obtainable from special periodic events. In any case, thanks for the link to when turtles come, I'll definitely be farming those as they hit.

I don't mind at all grinding fortnights for stuff like skillbooks and special units, my problem is that early on it's the only thing I can do. If the story was easier with weaker units early on, I'd be able to balance having fun progressing and then grind the fortnights for units and skillbooks as I need them. Believe me, once I can get a strong team all in, I'll have no problem grinding away to get them to god tier. It's just tough not being able to do the story and having to grind to get those characters in at the same time. If I could handle the story, I wouldn't really sweat it at all.

I'm a couple missions into Little Garden btw, but had to use rainbow gems to get past multiple of the previous final bosses so I knew I had to break from story until I got stronger. I know the next form for Zoro is beastly based on friends on my FL, but I know if I evolve him I won't be able to afford having him in point wise haha

Majukun

Finally got both Coby and Helmeppo to drop, to level them you need their books right? Because none have a special
yes, for them books only since their first form. doesn't have a special... Remember to evolve them first though
also you can use their copies for sockets

HabeeNo

I'm finding RayRay/Doffy/Mihawk/I Usopp/Garp to be super easy. Just consistently tearing his shit up.

Now if only he would SKILL UP ALREADY

I got the units, just not enough Pirate lv to run all at once lol

Will focus on skilling up Vergo instead, I'll beat Aokiji some other time :p

... Please tell me you still have Usopp.

His second evo with the crab [golden pound] is one of the best units in the game & really cheap to put on your team.

Yes, I got him to golden pound but can't afford to get him in lol I was planning on swapping Luffy out for him once my cap got high enough but then I foolishly evolved Zoro which sent the amount required for him higher than anticipated.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I can't remember at the moment, either 31ish or 41ish I want to say. I have Sengoku as captain which should be great for having so many sub 20 cost characters and then have the CP9 Kaku, the second level Sanji that lowers defense with his special, and just upgraded story Zoro which might not have been the best time because it forced me to take out a party member (story Luffy). Thanks to a gaffer, I have a great account with good characters, it's just an issue of my max points being too low to get them into the party. So I basically just need to level up Pirate Lvl like crazy.

I was farming Wapol mostly but did all the veteran levels that have been there. I'll try out the new ones that came in today at Veteran level when I get out of work. It's namely their decision to make earlier story so difficult that I find baffling because it forces you to just grind the same stages over and over like crazy right off the bat. They should have made the story missions easier and given good XP up to a certain Pirate lvl. This way new players could have fun constantly playing new levels and going through a story they enjoy from the manga or anime instead of slogging through the same fortnight missions.

There's no real reason to rush through the story. The story isn't really the end game content, and frankly there's only so much story to go around. Global just got Sabaody.

The fortnights, raids, and coliseum are what most people find exciting because they require you to create different teams to take them on, and the rewards are sweeter.

With Sengoku, you should be able to steamroll a lot early on. It might help to know what types of teams you're putting together and what your general strategy is for approaching a stage. Are you stalling enough for specials? Are you targeting enemies with particular weaknesses? Are you attacking in the optimal order, and changing it up depending on if you have a matching orb? What about GPU? GPU should be one of the first characters you evolve into. Sengoku is a rainbow captain, so that helps overall with team synergy, but it's still important to have specific types of characters in your team.

Your first goal as a new player right now should be to prepare for Mihawk raid, and to do that, it will help immensely to have Arlong from the Fortnight (same as story Arlong). I hope you grabbed Alvida when she was here because she's a pretty top tier character as well.

Knowing about turtle times should definitely help you level your characters.

Yes, I got him to golden pound but can't afford to get him in lol I was planning on swapping Luffy out for him once my cap got high enough but then I foolishly evolved Zoro which sent the amount required for him higher than anticipated.

Usopp's probably gonna be more effective to put on your team than zoro just so you know.

His special [delay enemies 3 turns] is a godsend against bosses so may help you clear slightly more difficult content if you can stall long enough to use it on bosses. (for fortnight and storymode both)

/edit

As Guardian stated above (something that confused me initially); the story mode is actually "secondary" to other stuff in terms of what's most exciting and varied.

Because of all the raids, new fortnights & colosseum I've not even finished thriller bark yet myself.

MANUELF

Banned
What is the best way to get Alvida, Story mode or a fortnight?
Also is it recommended to finish ennies lobby so you can Get the thousand sunny right?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
What is the best way to get Alvida, Story mode or a fortnight?

Always always always fortnight. In story mode characters have about a 1% chance to drop. Unless you absolutely need a character right now, always wait for the fortnight. Unfortunately Alvida just left, so it might be a while before she returns.

it might be worthwhile to farm her on 2x drop or half stamina days if none of the other fortnight content excites you.

Some characters are exclusive to story mode and are really really good, like Enel, Croc, Lucci, etc... but if they have a fortnight, the rates are way better.

MANUELF

Banned
Always always always fortnight. In story mode characters have about a 1% chance to drop. Unless you absolutely need a character right now, always wait for the fortnight. Unfortunately Alvida just left, so it might be a while before she returns.

it might be worthwhile to farm her on 2x drop or half stamina days if none of the other fortnight content excites you.

Some characters are exclusive to story mode and are really really good, like Enel, Croc, Lucci, etc... but if they have a fortnight, the rates are way better.
Well Alvida Hideout is half stamina and the fight against her only cost 3 so I may try farming her there, I have Summer Perona but the cooldown is way bigger at 23

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Well Alvida Hideout is half stamina and the fight against her only cost 3 so I may try farming her there, I have Summer Perona but the cooldown is way bigger at 23

Remember that story mode is always there. Extra isle content cycles in and out. After a week, Cobimeppo will be gone. If there's something worth farming on the extra isles they take priority.

Kyou

I'd say Alvida's biggest use comes from super "endgame" content like training forest clear teams.

You probably dont need to be in too big a rush to get her when there's more immediately useful stuff

MANUELF

Banned
Remember that story mode is always there. Extra isle content cycles in and out. After a week, Cobimeppo will be gone. If there's something worth farming on the extra isles they take priority.

I'd say Alvida's biggest use comes from super "endgame" content like training forest clear teams.

You probably dont need to be in too big a rush to get her when there's more immediately useful stuff

I only tried because is soooo cheap, maybe I should focus on penguins but the only one I need is the rainbow robber and that is hard to get.....
I already got all the units I wanted(Arlong, Coby, Helmeppo) but I dont have enough turtles to level them up

I only tried because is soooo cheap, maybe I should focus on penguins but the only one I need is the rainbow robber and that is hard to get.....
I already got all the units I wanted(Arlong, Coby, Helmeppo) but I dont have enough turtles to level them up

fyi if you just want to do something else for the sake of variety, you can always just do it.

Just keep in mind that story mode droprates are abyssal so it's usually only worth it when you really don't have anything else to do.

Kyou

Oh baby!!

Just went 4/5 on Aokiji and got good sockets to boot. Only one more skill to go T_T

Also on the topic of story characters, I am a proponent of just grinding story characters but I feel I've had unusually good luck with getting them to drop. None of the big ones have taken me THAT long once I set out to do it.

Then there's stuff like Mr. 1 who was a half a year endeavor

HabeeNo

Going 2 for 3 on Skill Books is the best feeling ever, holy moly
banderas.png

There's no real reason to rush through the story. The story isn't really the end game content, and frankly there's only so much story to go around. Global just got Sabaody.

The fortnights, raids, and coliseum are what most people find exciting because they require you to create different teams to take them on, and the rewards are sweeter.

With Sengoku, you should be able to steamroll a lot early on. It might help to know what types of teams you're putting together and what your general strategy is for approaching a stage. Are you stalling enough for specials? Are you targeting enemies with particular weaknesses? Are you attacking in the optimal order, and changing it up depending on if you have a matching orb? What about GPU? GPU should be one of the first characters you evolve into. Sengoku is a rainbow captain, so that helps overall with team synergy, but it's still important to have specific types of characters in your team.

Your first goal as a new player right now should be to prepare for Mihawk raid, and to do that, it will help immensely to have Arlong from the Fortnight (same as story Arlong). I hope you grabbed Alvida when she was here because she's a pretty top tier character as well.

Knowing about turtle times should definitely help you level your characters.
Story is why I'm playing the game in the first place. I read the manga and it'd be fun to play through the story. I know it's not the end game content, the story never is for these type of games but they are entertaining.

Yep, I got that but I wasn't worried about that stuff until my pirate lvl is high enough for a strong team to tackle that kind of content. That's definitely going to be a large focus for me like all you guys when I'm strong enough. My posts today only speak to the begging phase of playing this game.

No, I need to learn and implement strategies more. I didn't anticipate having to bother with that early on in the story. I finally figured out that besides the captain, I should have my hardest hitting units in the left column so they get the chain boost and I save my captain for second to last (friend captain tends to be stronger). I'm sure that's made a large difference. It didn't occur to me to save the characters with the right orb color for last in my chain sequence, that's a good tip. I was just going in order of lowest strength to highest and even that is a recent change up for me. Enemy mobs aren't an issue with me, just certain bosses so target priority doesn't apply. For mobs though I target whoever's turn is the soonest to avoid them getting any attacks in at all. I make exceptions if it's a difference of one turn and know I can't wipe the one that goes first out with a single round, I'll prioritize taking multiple enemies out in a round in that instance.

I already have IntHawk so probably don't need a drop from that raid I'm guessing. I assuming I should change from Sengoku to IntHawk once I have all strong units in. I'm just using Sengoku now because the rest of the units have an under 20 pt cost. I did get an Alvida drop in the story but sold her ;p Not worried about it, I have a number of good units, just need more points to get them in.

For sure, going to farm the hell out of those turtles ;p I think I'll max out Zoro, Sanji, and Luffy's level first so they are ready to evolve whenever I want them to and I'm using Zoro and Sanji right now so that'd benefit me a little right away. Luffy I can keep evolving until he hits 2nd gear since I'm not using him so the cost increase won't matter. I really need to find a way to get Usopp in. I'd probably have to take Kaku out which would suck because then I'd have all low attacking characters besides Sengoku. Not sure that Usopp's special would be worth that. Now swapping out zoro or sanji would be a better option. Now that Zoro is on his second form, probably would give me enough points to get Usopp in. Sanji will still be semi useful for his special on bosses for now.
Usopp's probably gonna be more effective to put on your team than zoro just so you know.

His special [delay enemies 3 turns] is a godsend against bosses so may help you clear slightly more difficult content if you can stall long enough to use it on bosses. (for fortnight and storymode both)

/edit

As Guardian stated above (something that confused me initially); the story mode is actually "secondary" to other stuff in terms of what's most exciting and varied.

Because of all the raids, new fortnights & colosseum I've not even finished thriller bark yet myself.

Yeah and Zoro isn't that strong yet anyway. Since he's on his second form as I mentioned above, I just might be able to swap him out for Usopp right away. Once I evolve Zoro one more time, he'll be that beastly version that's worth having in. I'm just nervous about having Sengoku, Kaku, and guest captain being the only units with any punch for fights...

Stuff like colisseum and raids are for higher level, strong parties. Mine would get curb stomped doing that right now ;p IMO, story should be the simple content that you can enjoy while you're getting stronger and all that other stuff what you do for better units and loot once you can handle it. It's pretty much like that except that story isn't easy enough for me early on ;p Hell, even the fortnights are gimped for me right now because I can't handle higher than Veteran haha I can't wait until I can do all that content you guys do. I was just praying there was a faster way to raise pirate level. Too bad turtles and pigs don't increase that too haha

Dont worry about beating high level content right now, I even lost my first time in penguin island veteran and now I can safely beat Elite level content

Not sweating that at all, no worries. I just am lamenting that I can't continue the story while leveling up my pirate level and was crossing my fingers there was some obvious way to level it I had missed. Still, I'm glad I posted it because I learned a few useful things from you guys. Thanks to everyone that's been responding!

Yeah and Zoro isn't that strong yet anyway. Since he's on his second form as I mentioned above, I just might be able to swap him out for Usopp right away. Once I evolve Zoro one more time, he'll be that beastly version that's worth having in. I'm just nervous about having Sengoku, Kaku, and guest captain being the only units with any punch for fights...

Keep in mind that due to the perfect-combo chain, usually your final hitters will be the ones doing most damage.

Most high ranking teams carry 1 or 2 units not even boosted by their captain for the sole purpose of how useful their specials are, and because they start the combo chain it doesn't decrease damage output that drastically.

With Sengoku you actually have one of the few captains who gives golden pound usopp enough of a boost to make him a viable damager though, so it's not even that big a sacrifice to use his amazing special.

(assuming usopp's a decent level ofc)

I already have IntHawk so probably don't need a drop from that raid I'm guessing. I assuming I should change from Sengoku to IntHawk once I have all strong units in. I'm just using Sengoku now because the rest of the units have an under 20 pt cost. I did get an Alvida drop in the story but sold her ;p Not worried about it, I have a number of good units, just need more points to get them in.

IntHawk and Dexhaawk have different purposes, partly due to how their specials operate.

More importantly, you'll need dexhawk copies to socket your inthawk eventually for extra abilities like antilock and anti despair.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Story is why I'm playing the game in the first place. I read the manga and it'd be fun to play through the story. I know it's not the end game content, the story never is for these type of games but they are entertaining.

Yep, I got that but I wasn't worried about that stuff until my pirate lvl is high enough for a strong team to tackle that kind of content. That's definitely going to be a large focus for me like all you guys when I'm strong enough. My posts today only speak to the begging phase of playing this game.

No, I need to learn and implement strategies more. I didn't anticipate having to bother with that early on in the story. I finally figured out that besides the captain, I should have my hardest hitting units in the left column so they get the chain boost and I save my captain for second to last (friend captain tends to be stronger). I'm sure that's made a large difference. It didn't occur to me to save the characters with the right orb color for last in my chain sequence, that's a good tip. I was just going in order of lowest strength to highest and even that is a recent change up for me. Enemy mobs aren't an issue with me, just certain bosses so target priority doesn't apply. For mobs though I target whoever's turn is the soonest to avoid them getting any attacks in at all. I make exceptions if it's a difference of one turn and know I can't wipe the one that goes first out with a single round, I'll prioritize taking multiple enemies out in a round in that instance.

For sure, going to farm the hell out of those turtles ;p I think I'll max out Zoro, Sanji, and Luffy's level first so they are ready to evolve whenever I want them to and I'm using Zoro and Sanji right now so that'd benefit me a little right away. Luffy I can keep evolving until he hits 2nd gear since I'm not using him so the cost increase won't matter. I really need to find a way to get Usopp in. I'd probably have to take Kaku out which would suck because then I'd have all low attacking characters besides Sengoku. Not sure that Usopp's special would be worth that. Now swapping out zoro or sanji would be a better option. Now that Zoro is on his second form, probably would give me enough points to get Usopp in. Sanji will still be semi useful for his special on bosses

The order in your actual team shouldn't matter, but the order you attack will. Position really only matters with specials that only effect certain position slots, or certain attacks that only effect certain rows.

But attacking in the right order with weaknesses and orbs in mind will make a huge difference in your damage output, which will make bosses easier. Also the lack of GPU is really hurting you. You're missing out on three free full turns of damage against a boss. He should replace one of your current units as soon as possible.

As for INThawk, he's not a straight raid boss replacement. He serves a different purpose. Even with INThawk in your inventory, you will want raid Mihawk and you will want to max him. He's that important. Different versions of the same character are rarely just straight upgrades. They often do different things.

For example, Crocodile has a legend version, a story version, and two fortnight versions. They all do different things, so pulling the legend doesn't mean you shouldn't bother trying to get the story mode or fortnight versions, though it may effect priority.

Further still, you want to farm raid Mihawk because that's the on reliable way to get sockets on INThawk.

Hana-Bi

Damn, wanted to gem Count Butler to skill max Vergo and Lao before skill up ends but I'm at 1/15 for Vergo and 0/5 for Lao and now I don't even get their books. :(

MANUELF

Banned
Damn, wanted to gem Count Butler to skill max Vergo and Lao before skill up ends but I'm at 1/15 for Vergo and 0/5 for Lao and now I don't even get their books. :(

Got two Lao books and Count Butler to drop in my Rookie/Veteran/Elite runs

Anyone knows when is the next turtle event? I need turtles of all colors since I dont want to use my hime and I have 4 purple elder turtles set aside for Zephyr

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I need more people running Momonga captains for this FN!

Inuppe one shots the QCK guy after he changes your PSY unit slots to TDM orbs and the DEX guy will change the middle row to bother so if you have Kuma in the middle row and use his special, you'll have a full board of matching orbs. Domino can then lock your orbs and reduce bind by one in case you don't have level 3 lock. And with two Momonga you'll have a 1.75 boost for both turns. I currently have something like 3 Momonga captains on my friends list.

By the way, you can just use Sengoku as a partner captain for this team. I just tried it and it works fine. General Hotdog still does with matching orbs because Sengoku just adds more damage to himself, Momonga, Domino, and T-Bone. And Sengoku gets the Cerebral damage bonus from Momonga.

Keep in mind that due to the perfect-combo chain, usually your final hitters will be the ones doing most damage.

Most high ranking teams carry 1 or 2 units not even boosted by their captain for the sole purpose of how useful their specials are, and because they start the combo chain it doesn't decrease damage output that drastically.

With Sengoku you actually have one of the few captains who gives golden pound usopp enough of a boost to make him a viable damager though, so it's not even that big a sacrifice to use his amazing special.

(assuming usopp's a decent level ofc)

IntHawk and Dexhaawk have different purposes, partly due to how their specials operate.

More importantly, you'll need dexhawk copies to socket your inthawk eventually for extra abilities like antilock and anti despair.
That's actually a good point, if I use Usopp early it won't matter as much. I guess I'm too programmed to think higher dmg = best. He's not leveled at all yet but I can swap the priority of leveling Zoro to leveling Usopp and have him replace Zoro. Turtle day needs to come back ;p

Ahh that's right, I remember a few people in here saying other versions of the same character will still get them sockets. Fair enough! Thanks!
The order in your actual team shouldn't matter, but the order you attack will. Position really only matters with specials that only effect certain position slots, or certain attacks that only effect certain rows.

But attacking in the right order with weaknesses and orbs in mind will make a huge difference in your damage output, which will make bosses easier. Also the lack of GPU is really hurting you. You're missing out on three free full turns of damage against a boss. He should replace one of your current units as soon as possible.

As for INThawk, he's not a straight raid boss replacement. He serves a different purpose. Even with INThawk in your inventory, you will want raid Mihawk and you will want to max him. He's that important. Different versions of the same character are rarely just straight upgrades. They often do different things.

For example, Crocodile has a legend version, a story version, and two fortnight versions. They all do different things, so pulling the legend doesn't mean you shouldn't bother trying to get the story mode or fortnight versions, though it may effect priority.

Further still, you want to farm raid Mihawk because that's the on reliable way to get sockets on INThawk.

Oh yes, sorry, I phrased it that way because I position them accordingly for convenience. Save the fact that I cut back to the right side to use my captain right before the friend captain but that can't be helped haha I don't have units in that change the orb color I don't think so can't really help the exploit beyond using those with the right color that round last. Maybe that's all you meant.

Ok, I'll try to replace Zoro with Usopp asap, thanks! Also, damn, multiple version of a particular character being useful complicates things, so many units I'll have to remember the worth of haha I hoped at least a legend would be all you needed in terms of using a particular character given how rare they are but I understand what you guys are saying. Certainly adds strategy and complexity to the game.

Tidd

https://twitter.com/Kfnmp4h/status/781269036034297856

Looks like people are faking cooldowns and Young Whitebeard's special doesn't max at 25 turns. Of course this could be a fake, too. Who knows what is true.

BLACKBEARD LEGEND IS AMAZING. I don't know if I understand it correctly but
Special: 30% HP cut, that ignores barriers if he is your captain, as a sub it's just your normal Whitebeard 30% HP cut.
Captain ability: 2.75 atk, 1.5x HP for the whole teamfor slasher, fighter and shooters? if you have a shooter, striker, fighter and slasher in it? and ignores defense buffs? + ignores own defense buffs?

Captain ability is really hard to understand with google translate lol
https://translate.google.de/transla...e.com/new-character-introduction5/&edit-text=

Let's wait on reddit or someone else lol

Kyou

Looks like people are faking cooldowns and Young Whitebeard's special doesn't max at 25 turns. Of course this could be a fake, too. Who knows what is true.

Special: 30% HP cut, that ignores barriers if he is your captain.
Captain ability: 2.75 atk, 1.5x HP? for slasher, fighter and shooters? and ignores defense

https://translate.google.de/transla...e.com/new-character-introduction5/&edit-text=
ignores defense?!

new princess turtle pro strats incoming

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
question, guys:

where do tomes drop in the colisseum? I have yet to get one to drop since colisseum was introduced. I've been farming Col Urouge

I've been told they appear in the chaos difficulty, but do they only show up in the non-boss stages or something? (The 20 stamina ones)

Kyou

question, guys:

where do tomes drop in the colisseum? I have yet to get one to drop since colisseum was introduced. I've been farming Col Urouge

I've been told they appear in the chaos difficulty, but do they only show up in the non-boss stages or something? (The 20 stamina ones)
I've only ever gotten them from the midboss, mobs will drop skill books(but so will the midboss)

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

Special: 30% HP cut, that ignores barriers if he is your captain, as a sub it's just your normal Whitebeard 30% HP cut.
Captain ability: 2.75 atk, 1.5x HP for the whole teamfor slasher, fighter and shooters? if you have a shooter, striker, fighter and slasher in it? and ignores defense buffs? + ignores own defense buffs?

Let's wait on reddit or someone else lol

That sounds almost broken.

Double Blackbeard, Sengoku (Fighter, attack booster), Leo (Striker, delayer, orb locker, health cutter), SW Franky (Shooter, orb booster), Inthawk (Slasher, burst), for instance.

Tidd

Midboss is the boss before the main boss, right? (So Perona in the Urouge example)

Correct.

Edit: Wow, I feel so bad for you. Just did my first colosseum run for this week and immediately got a tome... Just two more socket points and I'm done with SW Ace. <3

Jayhawk

Finally maxed out Aokiji's skill and sockets after that initial batch of bad luck. Stopped counting after that 1/40 start.

He gives me abother solid option for the future raid I'm preparing for: Hancock.

The newbies keep wanting to try story isles when Cobymeppo skill could be farmed... while I stay 3 islands behind in story. Not even gonna use stamina on them until a fortnight without books I want shows up. I could use some story units for Sengoku teams but I'm still at like 0/200 on Crocodile drop.

Kyou

Getting Aokiji (mostly) finished feels good. More raid bosses getting checked off is heaven.

So for what I've got to go...
-Iva and Aokiji just need a couple sockets
-Heracles just needs a single skill level
-Enel is getting there, at level 9 with decent sockets
-Kuma is a big fat goose egg
-Mononga and the bunch are just one or two levels away from being finished
-Fat Usopp is ???????

everyone else is 100% donezo

Top Bottom