• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Secondly, during this hype you all may have totally missed something. This daily gem event is taking 50% longer than normal. Yes, normally these events are 2 weeks long, with the new years one being an anomaly of 1 week, but this electric boogaloo event is 3 weeks long. While weird at first it can be thrown up as bandai being bandai. But then, if this was a normal one, it would end jan 25th, and the next one would go till feb 8th.

There it is. The 1 year anniversary of the game is February 5th, which would be at the end of this second daily gem event, but because they extended this one to 3 weeks, the next one is right next to that special date. Something special maybe?

I saw this too. (But I always like it when I get to read your thorough explanations ElChado!)

The safest assumption was something was going to happen for the 1 year anniversary. It being so deliberately planned is very intriguing in the sense of potential hype. Whatever it is, hopefully it's good.

I figured they would've saved the 48 hour Sugo for that, but we've had two of those already. Maybe +1 atk candy attached to all pulls? SPLV up? Another Facebook event? With February and Valentines happening, will we follow the special rare recruit units? Which fortnight will it be? Okama? Or will they do that next due to the lack of Apoo books before the Enel raid. Like they've shown us, it could be anything. SW Ace showing up right before this month's raid wouldn't surprise me either.

I was pretty worried about it too about halfway through, but I got there. Won't regret it unless they announce sockets in the next month.

Most people will be running Doffy for that double Mihawk potential.

As long as there are enough Mihawks up, which there usually is. It's all good in my books, just need some skill up luck again please.

See... it makes sense sockets/slots would come out soon. We all expect it, but what if they're deliberately giving us more challenging content to deal with without sockets/slots? We got the beard forest when only basically 1 exact team composition could pass it, even if it could be run by various captains - they were still legends unless you pulled a G3, which for some has still proven to be very elusive. Coupled with hardcore skill maxing early on in the game.

In my mind, it's safer to assume we won't get sockets/slots anytime soon and have to continue to contend with what's currently in front of us. Sure we can plan ahead, save copies, but just ask Chrono how long and difficult it was to keep his box space afloat.

Wonder what the odds are that they do something for long time players specifically too

Zero. Hardly any game does that anymore.

Messing around with a few more teams. Those lucky enough to have Whitebeard, this team may work as well. Obviously can't test it, but it stands to reason that if you can time your specials right you should be able to beat him sub 50% with a little orb luck.

https://optc.github.io/damage/#/tra...9,261:99,268:99,15:50C1,10B0D0E0Q0L0G0R0S100H

koryuken

Get those QCK Enels, friends! Enel friend captain paired with Hancock captain can be quite formidable!

I dont see how... They have a lower damage mult than dual Ace and have a health restriction. If anything dual Enel with Moby Dick is the way to go.

koryuken

Zero. Hardly any game does that anymore.

Messing around with a few more teams. Those lucky enough to have Whitebeard, this team may work as well. Obviously can't test it, but it stands to reason that if you can time your specials right you should be able to beat him sub 50% with a little orb luck.

https://optc.github.io/damage/#/tra...9,261:99,268:99,15:50C1,10B0D0E0Q0L0G0R0S100H

There's a better WB team from reddit. Doffy is there for the hp, not his special.

http://optc.github.io/damage/#/tran...9,308:99,15:50,261:99C4,10B0D0E0Q0L0G0R0S100H

May need some help crunching numbers, don't have access to pc until tomorrow. If we replace WB with Marco on this team for a full heal, can it work? Maybe even use Gp twice in that fight.

Jayhawk

I dont see how... They have a lower damage mult than dual Ace and have a health restriction. If anything dual Enel with Moby Dick is the way to go.

The boosted RCV from Hancock's captain ability for meat orbs and recovery every turn from Enel helps with the health restriction a lot. Issue with a double Ace team is Ace's useless special and his low attack. Hancock captain also affects GP Usopp, if you have to bring him into your QCK team. The team should allow for a lot of stalling. It's not a gamebreaking pair, but there are applications. I need to find gamewith examples from months ago.

EDIT: Hmm, can't find specific links from gamewith that I remember seeing when I first got Hancock and started researching.

A basic comparison of a QCK team I might run for a non-specific event:
Double Ace team with same subs: http://optc.github.io/damage/#/tran...65:99,15:50,324:99C1,10B0D0E1361Q0L0G0R1S100H
Enel+Hancock team with same subs: http://optc.github.io/damage/#/tran...65:99,15:50,324:99C1,10B0D0E1361Q0L0G0R1S100H

Enel+Hancock team does more damage somehow??

Anyway, Enel friend captain gives me reasons to avoid feeding Ace any more turtles and beef up my other QCK subs. It's too bad that there is no QCK duo that gets you all QCK orbs. You usually need three units to achieve that. You also might want to include ATK buff or Hina's orb lock. I should find combinations that make use of Log Vivi's or Log Zoro's specials. Without Jozu, creatiivity with QCK teams might prove useful for future events.

koryuken

A basic comparison of a QCK team I might run for a non-specific event:
Double Ace team with same subs: http://optc.github.io/damage/#/tran...65:99,15:50,324:99C1,10B0D0E1361Q0L0G0R1S100H
Enel+Hancock team with same subs: http://optc.github.io/damage/#/tran...65:99,15:50,324:99C1,10B0D0E1361Q0L0G0R1S100H

Enel+Hancock team does more damage.

Enel + Ace is even better than Enel + Boa. With Ace, you can actually use Enel's special which cuts your hp by 90% but doubles QCK damage. If you do that with Boa, you lose her multiplier. You can also stall without worrying about losing Boa's multiplier.

Hisoka

GUYS THERE'S E-
Shocked-Troy-Walks-Into-Fire-With-Pizza-Community.gif

Jayhawk

Enel + Ace is even better than Enel + Boa. With Ace, you can actually use Enel's special which cuts your hp by 90% but doubles QCK damage. If you do that with Boa, you lose her multiplier. You can also stall without worrying about losing Boa's multiplier.

Can you follow up Enel's special with Marco's special and keep the attack buff? Though GP Usopp might not be needed in this scenario if Hancock's 1 turn delay is enough, so I would swap out GP Usopp with Ivankov for more orbs for Vivi to play around with.
WIth GP Usopp: http://optc.github.io/damage/#/tran...4:99,15:50,251:99C1,10B0D0E1280Q0L0G0R36S100H
Ivankov replacing GP Usopp: http://optc.github.io/damage/#/tran...:99,390:33,251:99C1,10B0D0E1284Q0L0G0R36S100H

Friend captain options when using Hancock captain is good since I won't have a billion friends with Hancock.
Double Hancock QCK team with Enel sub might look something like this: http://optc.github.io/damage/#/tran...24:99,603:99,251:99C1,10B0D0E260Q0L0G0R6S100H

My conclusion from playing around with different teams is that I should get my Log Vivi up to 90+ and my Ace can stay in the 60s. I also need to add more Hancock friends. Finally, getting max skill on Enel will be one my 2016 goals.

RalchAC

A bit unhappy with Enel, like much other people. We just got Doffy, he has only appeared once and not everybody is strong enough to farm 70 copies on January 1st (I mean, after farming 10 I wanted to kill myself lol). They should have done a new Clash of Clashes with Mihawk, Doffy and Enel.

GUYS THERE'S E-

Haha 😂

On a more positive note, next event name is awesome: Rush to the top 2: Electric Bogaloo.

Copons

Garp may easily be my white whale or something.

He was the raid boss that took me more gems of any other to beat him (also because at the time I barely had any INT characters), showin me that goddamn shaking butt for dozens of rounds.
And now that I've got a totally fine INT team, I still never get to beat him without gemming.

I HATE YOU GARP
BUT ALSO LOVE YOU IN THE MANGA THOUGH

He was the raid boss that took me more gems of any other to beat him (also because at the time I barely had any INT characters), showin me that goddamn shaking butt for dozens of rounds.
And now that I've got a totally fine INT team, I still never get to beat him without gemming.

I HATE YOU GARP

Garp is a cake walk with Mihawk, Alvida, Smoker (w/ a 20 turn cd), and 2 INT slashers (Helmeppo and Croc since they're farmable). You only need to watch one butt waggle, maybe not at all if you hit hard enough.

RalchAC

I HATE YOU GARP

Do you have a maxed Mihawk? My go to team for Garp is

Mihawk / Mihawk
Helmeppo / Croc
H. Brook / Perona

All are at level 90 or above.

I can defeat him before the 18.000 damage attack. In case you can't for whatever reason, Perona can save you.

Depending on your luck on stages 1-4, Perona CD would need to be around 20 in order to be able to mitigate the previously mentioned special.

Both the Merry and Coffin Boat work.

Copons

Garp is a cake walk with Mihawk, Alvida, Smoker (w/ a 20 turn cd), and 2 INT slashers (Helmeppo and Croc since they're farmable). You only need to watch one butt waggle, maybe not at all if you hit hard enough.

I know I'm able to trash him with my 2xRay, Vista, Robin+Kaku and a random INT hitter.
I know, it's easy.
Yet, I just can't focus for the entire raid, and sometimes I even die at Coby.

I'm sure it must be his butt shake forever imprinted in my mind.

I know I'm able to trash him with my 2xRay, Vista, Robin+Kaku and a random INT hitter.
I know, it's easy.
Yet, I just can't focus for the entire raid, and sometimes I even die at Coby.

I'm sure it must be his butt shake forever imprinted in my mind.

YxMioyl.gif

Stupid sexy Garp!

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I've been playing this but I feel like I need some basic pointers, any beginners tips or guide?

There's stuff like extra island and mission, don't quite grasp what's their purpose.

Copons

I've been playing this but I feel like I need some basic pointers, any beginners tips or guide?

There's stuff like extra island and mission, don't quite grasp what's their purpose.

Mostly, extra islands are timed stuff.
You get a two weeks long island (usually in the form of 5-10-15-30 stamina, with the difficulty level changing accordingly), we call them "fortnights", where you can easily obtain great units, especially in the 30 stamina level.

Then there are the returning fortnights, that lasts only one week and sometimes have ranking missions (like the last one involved getting 50K hits 25 times in a single run to obtain some prizes).

Occasionally, in extra islands you'll find also raid bosses (ie. Mihawk, or Garp right now), that are some of the best units in the game, and are the hardest islands in the game.

Twice every Monday (or in other days sometimes) you'll get turtle time, where you can farm turtles to level up your units.

Other times there are special islands of some sort. And everytime there are the training islands, that consume 0 stamina, and are useful to try your teams for free.

Missions in the story islands, instead, have different requirements, and you can check them directly in the islands where missions are available.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Mostly, extra islands are timed stuff.
You get a two weeks long island (usually in the form of 5-10-15-30 stamina, with the difficulty level changing accordingly), we call them "fortnights", where you can easily obtain great units, especially in the 30 stamina level.

Then there are the returning fortnights, that lasts only one week and sometimes have ranking missions (like the last one involved getting 50K hits 25 times in a single run to obtain some prizes).

Occasionally, in extra islands you'll find also raid bosses (ie. Mihawk, or Garp right now), that are some of the best units in the game, and are the hardest islands in the game.

Twice every Monday (or in other days sometimes) you'll get turtle time, where you can farm turtles to level up your units.

Other times there are special islands of some sort. And everytime there are the training islands, that consume 0 stamina, and are useful to try your teams for free.

Missions in the story islands, instead, have different requirements, and you can check them directly in the islands where missions are available.
so basically for extra island I should just do the rookie tier? can I replay the extra island stuff or is it once per day?

There's a better WB team from reddit. Doffy is there for the hp, not his special.

http://optc.github.io/damage/#/tran...9,308:99,15:50,261:99C4,10B0D0E0Q0L0G0R0S100H

May need some help crunching numbers, don't have access to pc until tomorrow. If we replace WB with Marco on this team for a full heal, can it work? Maybe even use Gp twice in that fight.

That's actually the team I plan to use to see if I can stall 26 turns for my Doffy special, but I'm not sure how long I can stall on Stage 3.

I'm also planning to give this team a shot since I have a Rayleigh but who knows how it'll work. Sub 50% will be the real problem.

https://optc.github.io/damage/#/tra...9,227:99,268:99,15:50C1,10B0D0E0Q0L0G0R0S100H

RalchAC

1) The game content is divided in two parts: Story Island and Extra Island, as you have said. Extra Island is where you will spend most of your stamina. There are 3 kind of levels there :
  • Event Islands (aka Fortnights): There are 2 different ones running atm. A brand new one, which lasts 2 weeks; and a re-runn of an old one, which lasts one week.
  • Daily Island: There is a daily rotation for the different units you use to evolve your characters. On Monday, at certain hours, you can run a special island full of boosters (units that give huge EXP).
  • Clashes (aka Raid Bosses): They are this game high end content. They appear for 24 hours every once in a while, are quite hard and upon completion you get 1 copy of a powerful character. You shouldn't worry about those for a while.

2) Now that you know the basics, keep in mind most of the time you will be running the Event Islands. They give the best experience / stamina ratio. They come in 4 difficulties and the harder difficulties have better drop rates. You can get good characters quite efficiently there.

3) [You can ignore this until you've played a bit more] The Monday Daily Island appears twice a day in 2 different 30 minutes blocks. You can watch when it will appear here. Look at your ID (the 9 numbers code that identifies your account), introduce the 6th number and this website will predict it. Since you are early into the game, we recommend you using this team. We call it the "Marine Tandem" team. It's easy to assemble and the fastest way to do Turtle Times for new players.

4) Don't worry about the "Missions" in the first few islands yet.

5) Don't worry about farming story character yet. Once you've leveled up a bit you may start paying attention to them. Right now the most important is to improve your level in order to increase your maximum party cost.

6) As you progress through the story islands, you will hit a wall and you will struggle to progress further. That's the moment where you should start paying attention to Extra Islands.

7) Quote this post in order to see a link to a Google Sheet with our player IDs and add us as friends.

Which units do you have so far? Any Legend?

Spinx

Garp is so easy now.

Mihawk Mihawk
Daz Bones Helmeppo
Alvida Crocodile

I'm in no rush to farm Enel. We don't have sockets yet(one year anniversary update ?) and it's not like he has an amazing special like Mihawk, Doffy or Kuma.

Copons

so basically for extra island I should just do the rookie tier? can I replay the extra island stuff or is it once per day?

If you're not sure, just start with the easiest one and work your way through the harder levels.
Extra islands, except where clearly stated otherwise (usually some very special and easy one-shot islands, just there for the purpose of gifting you some elder turtles, candies and/or gems), are replayable as much as you like, or your stamina allows.

Garp is so easy now.

Mihawk Mihawk
Daz Bones Helmeppo
Alvida Crocodile

I'm in no rush to farm Enel. We don't have sockets yet(one year anniversary update ?) and it's not like he has an amazing special like Mihawk, Doffy or Kuma.

His special is great for Princess Turtles, but I have no idea when we will be getting those.

I will treat Enel the same way that I did Blackbead; Get one via lower difficulties and farm later.

Now that I have Jozu and some time to buff the rest of my team, BB is no issue. I'll work on max skilling BB when he comes back around, then Doffy and lastly Enel. Looking ahead: Zephyr, Heracles'n and Duval shouldn't be much of a challenge, so the next one to worry about is Aokiji. I'll look more into him later.

Tidd

There's always Mihawks. Always.

*looks at friendlist* *sees more or less 30 Mihawks* Yeah you're right. xD
But it would be funny if suddenly everyone changes his/her captain to Doffy and you can't find a Mihawk.

I will run this team for Enel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-RHp88z_8Q
My Apoo has a CD of 18(dex sugos ftw). So it shouldn't be a problem.

Looking ahead: Zephyr, Heracles'n and Duval shouldn't be much of a challenge, so the next one to worry about is Aokiji. I'll look more into him later.

Without using BB, Duval is the hardest raidboss because fuck auto target. :D

I'm finally able to reliably beat Garp easily. Switched out Chopper and Buggy for Kalifa and Moria in my 2x Rayleigh int team (the other two are Robin and Crocodile). Poor Vivi won't be seeing much use anymore.

Also, congrats on Chrono and everyone else who pulled a legend in yesterday's Sugofest. Was hard to resist the temptation to pull, but I managed.

RalchAC

Got 3 Garp copies this morning with my natural stamina. Fed them to my Garp, which was 1 turn away from maxing. Got a skill up.

I guess I'm done with him. I must have (succesfully) done the stage over 120 times. I've had crap luck skill leveling him. I'm not going to socket him anytime soon.

I'm finally able to reliably beat Garp easily. Switched out Chopper and Buggy for Kalifa and Moria in my 2x Rayleigh int team (the other two are Robin and Crocodile). Poor Vivi won't be seeing much use anymore.

Also, congrats on Chrono and everyone else who pulled a legend in yesterday's Sugofest. Was hard to resist the temptation to pull, but I managed.

Are you going to try to max him?

Got 3 Garp copies this morning with my natural stamina. Fed them to my Garp, which was 1 turn away from maxing. Got a skill up.

I guess I'm done with him. I must have (succesfully) done the stage over 120 times. I've had crap luck skill leveling him. I'm not going to socket him anytime soon.

Are you going to try to max him?

He's still on Skill Lv2, so I'm nowhere near close. I'll probably just run him as much as my natural stamina allows whenever he shows up and stockpile him until sockets come to global.

Majukun

wow,in the last days skillup rate is worse than usual...i didn't get a single skillup since the start of the kimono event...

https://optc.github.io/damage/#/tra...,227:99,251:99,15:50C4,10B0D0E0Q0L0G0R16S100H

Can't see a reason why this wouldn't work. Even with both Doffy's at max skill, Marco healing back to full and a GP stall should allow you to stall long enough to get both of them ready. Get Enel to around 50-55% and pop GP after he shuffles orbs. Then pop Mihawk, Doffy and Law if you need the orbs and go to town. Pop the other Doffy the following turn, and you'll have 1 more turn to finish him off before you get killed. Law is probably replaceable but for the moment he's my go to.

RalchAC

It's a rite of passage playing this game. Lucky for you, cola is a lot easier to come by these days.

Yeah, what a nightmare. Before snails and friend game the only way to get cola was farming story mode. I couldn't reliably farm Mihawk the first time he appeared due to that fucking ship lol.

RedBoot

Isn't it like 500 colas is usually needed to max one boat on average lol

I had something like 400 cola saved up when I got the Coffin Ship, and I maxed it after using around 300 or so. The Marine Ship took a bit less (maybe 200? I forget).

But yeah, most of the boats you'd actually want to max will need 300+ with average luck.

Jayhawk

Buggy is the next fortnight returning. lol
Bad exp and bad skillbooks from Buggy means we'll be farming more Kimono Straw Hats next week!

RedBoot

Bad exp and bad skillbooks from Buggy means we'll be farming more Kimono Straw Hats next week!

Ugh. I didn't expect the Halloween Fortnights to repeat, but I was really hoping for Brook to return instead. I still need some levels for him to make the QCK Slasher team work for Blackbeard.

Hoping for the third fortnight rotation soon, otherwise I probably won't be able to level Brook's special for months.

koryuken

https://optc.github.io/damage/#/tra...,227:99,251:99,15:50C4,10B0D0E0Q0L0G0R16S100H

Can't see a reason why this wouldn't work. Even with both Doffy's at max skill, Marco healing back to full and a GP stall should allow you to stall long enough to get both of them ready. Get Enel to around 50-55% and pop GP after he shuffles orbs. Then pop Mihawk, Doffy and Law if you need the orbs and go to town. Pop the other Doffy the following turn, and you'll have 1 more turn to finish him off before you get killed. Law is probably replaceable but for the moment he's my go to.

Problem is almost no one has a low cooldown Doffy.

RalchAC

Great! Now there will be 2 islands with zero books I want instead of just one!

At least Alvida should return soon. Last time I didn't farm her since I was on my race to get 120 stamina. Now I'll farm her like as much as possible. Hopefully I'll be able to max her (not likely though).

Buggy should have a new challenge too.

Problem is almost no one has a low cooldown Doffy.

Yeah, and the biggest issue when you try to stall at Enel's raid isn't your health. Is the fact that the enviromental damage won't let you stall on Turtles and Evolvers because the enviromental damage OHKO those.

They should have gone 40 -> 60 -> 40 -> 60, like Japan did IMO.

I will keep playing, no problem. Enel isn't important enough to make me rage quit because I can't beat him.

Geez, I didn't even realize Garp was here today, as I haven't logged on since yesterday evening. I was JUST thinking yesterday about how I would like to max his special. Guess I know what I'll be doing today.

Hisoka

Buggy?

Perfect time for me to try and farm some missing story units.

Same here. Buggy uhh..
Today I got Shoujoi thing from Jaya, that only leaves Cricket. The rest is gud ol' Long Ring Long Land.
I can do it..

With Buggy's return, that means Alvi isn't that far away too. There's that mission in Shells Town! I uhm.. need this Coby guy again, i somehow sol-lost it and didn't even pull this TOP TIER unit during sugos again. My thirst for Legends continues..

Top Bottom