• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Hana-Bi

Yeah, could finally maxed my Garp. Okay, it was only one skill up missing, but Garp is so easy and fast to farm with double Nami that I farmed 15 Garps for the last skill up. :D

Jayhawk

Since they're going back to Buggy fortnight, I think we'll be seeing a third fortnight being added to the rotation soon. Maybe during the first-year anniversary as I've been expecting for some time.

RalchAC

Since they're going back to Buggy fortnight, I think we'll be seeing a third fortnight being added to the rotation soon. Maybe during the first-year anniversary as I've been expecting for some time.

It's especially great for our fellow beginners. They should be able to grab Alvida, Arlong, Kuro, Hina, Smoker... and many other great units in the next few weeks.

The best about the old units is that they had usable CDs since skill level 1, so the grind for skill ups is a bonus, not a must. Damn Bamco stopped being so nice a while ago.

Majukun

this time i might try to max up alvida..still 4 level ups to do..it depends if they allow us to free some space in the storage or not.

also,psa,next bounty mission shpuld be on alvida's island,and one of the best options for that mission seems o be a double kimono sanji team..so level it up a bit guys

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
It's especially great for our fellow beginners. They should be able to grab Alvida, Arlong, Kuro, Hina, Smoker... and many other great units in the next few weeks.

The best about the old units is that they had usable CDs since skill level 1, so the grind for skill ups is a bonus, not a must. Damn Bamco stopped being so nice a while ago.
Alvida Skillbooks are kind of a must for late end content

chrono01

For the people who aren't doing anything else right now, would you mind to put your Towel Nami's up? I'm kind of running out of FC's.
I'd probably be farming him more seriously if I had more Towel Nami on my list. Double Towel Nami makes Garp ridiculously easy/fast. I don't really have a lot of free space though, the Kimono Straw Hats are taking up quite a bit. :/

RedBoot

Alvida Skillbooks are kind of a must for late end content

I'm kind of hoping we get a different source for them eventually, so I can get them there instead. I know you can get them from the Oars event, so at least there's that.

In the meantime, I'll hope Perona can get me by.

xrokis

GUYS THERE'S E-

that's perfect :D
namco has to throw us curveballs otherwise everything gets to predictable.
i'm only gonna get one copy no immediate need for him, but i love how a big part of the community, especially reddit, is totally freaking out xD

really liking hammock so far, i'm only giving her rcv for now, but her special is already pretty awesome.
next blue turtle time might be enough to max her, she is lvl 84 but still needs 2 million xp >.<

that brings back memories..i had to spend around 500 cola to get that last level...

The day right before Garp came to global for the first time was the day I maxed my Merry. At the time I thought I was pretty lucky because I wouldn't have been able to farm him otherwise and knew I would need a skill maxed Garp for the Zephyr raid that came next.

Ha, if I only knew then what I know now.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
I'm kind of hoping we get a different source for them eventually, so I can get them there instead. I know you can get them from the Oars event, so at least there's that.

I remember running that Alvida fortnight to skill max her. It was the toughest thing I've done in the game I think. Pretty sure I did 40+ gems alone there and it immediately happened after the Mihawk raid. Drops were and still are so very poor, I used to think those that took her extra copies and evolved them were insane to do so. That's actually probably a correct tactic to consider.

That Oars event, I don't know how consistent any of the drops there are, other than a lot drops there. I hope a skill up event is running when it happens would be nice for players.

i'm only gonna get one copy no immediate need for him, but i love how a big part of the community, especially reddit, is totally freaking out xD

really liking hammock so far, i'm only giving her rcv for now, but her special is already pretty awesome.
next blue turtle time might be enough to max her, she is lvl 84 but still needs 2 million xp >.<

I don't know why there is a freak out, there are two whole weeks until the raid and equally there is no skill up event for the same amount of time. Feed them today, feed them worst case close to the event - same thing. There is still a green TT tomorrow, which gives players an opportunity to level DEX units for the raid and that's the most important - immediate - thing that can be done.

Team compositions seem to be varied for subs, like for Pelican here I'm glad it worked out to something appreciable for use in his farming. It just sucks seeing the potential success that could've been had in just waiting a bit longer to see all possible options before players start using their copies.

EDIT: if you have the beli xrokis, use skillbooks, whatever to level Boa! To me legends would be the exception to the cause.

The day right before Garp came to global for the first time was the day I maxed my Merry. At the time I thought I was pretty lucky because I wouldn't have been able to farm him otherwise and knew I would need a skill maxed Garp for the Zephyr raid that came next. Ha, if I only knew then what I know now.

This is hilarious because we all thought Zephyr was next, but then the next raid never came... it was like months before we got Ivankov too!! But yeah I remember planning for the exact same thing with Garp and now he's been back so many times. I experienced something similar with my Merry too, but it was right before the Mihawk raid. I remember planning for worst case scenario to mass farm, then I pulled a G3, then I maxed my Merry and things changed in what I was able to do early as a result.

RalchAC

I don't know why there is a freak out, there are two whole weeks until the raid and equally there is no skill up event for the same amount of time. Feed them today, feed them worst case close to the event - same thing. There is still a green TT tomorrow, which gives players an opportunity to level DEX units for the raid and that's the most important - immediate - thing that can be done.

Yeah, I'm going to level up my Doffy a little bit more. I might feed my 15 copies to him too and pray I get decent results (Edit: Ok, I fed those 15 copies, got 3 skill ups. Guess it could have been worse lol).

I think I may try this team:

Law / Zoro
Doffy / Mihawk
Marco / Usopp.

With the Coffin Ship I will have 37k HP. Enough to survive 5-6 turns before healing. Hopefully I will be able to last enough to activate Doflamingo's special. Not the fastest build (the fight will be like 30 turns long) but whatever.

In any case, be sure to max your Enel so I can net you some nice useless friend points xD

This is hilarious because we all thought Zephyr was next, but then the next raid never came... it was like months before we got Ivankov too!! But yeah I remember planning for the exact same thing with Garp and now he's been back so many times. I experienced something similar with my Merry too, but it was right before the Mihawk raid. I remember planning for worst case scenario to mass farm, then I pulled a G3, then I maxed my Merry and things changed in what I was able to do early as a result.

It was like: "Oh guys! See this special PSY Turtle Time they're doing! Zephyr totally next! I'm going to wake up at 3 AM just to grab some PSY turtles to level up my team for him!"

6 months later...

wilstreak

Just evolve my Nami fine tempo to Towel Nami

how useful she is as a sub?
seeing how i already have Rayleigh, it doesn't make sense to use her as captain, right?

I am still don't grasp the true worth of changing orb special

koryuken

Just evolve my Nami fine tempo to Towel Nami

how useful she is as a sub?
seeing how i already have Rayleigh, it doesn't make sense to use her as captain, right?

Her special is excellent. Converts weak orbs to INT.

Changing orbs is seen as extremely useful for "Burst teams" where you basically multiply your damage output to such extreme levels that you can easily off an enemy in 1-2 turns.

Burst teams often rise and fall with your ability to succesfully guarantee you've got the right orbs for 1-2 turns to genuinly maximize your damage & by limiting the chance of weak orbs throwing off your calculations.

As far as orb converters go Towel Nami's great cause even if you can't get full purple orbs, she gets rid of the worst ones (yellow).

For example, check out this Burst team's damage on Garp: https://youtu.be/wo_ta2o3T6A?t=84

ElChado

Neo Member
I remember running that Alvida fortnight to skill max her. It was the toughest thing I've done in the game I think. Pretty sure I did 40+ gems alone there and it immediately happened after the Mihawk raid. Drops were and still are so very poor, I used to think those that took her extra copies and evolved them were insane to do so. That's actually probably a correct tactic to consider.

That Oars event, I don't know how consistent any of the drops there are, other than a lot drops there. I hope a skill up event is running when it happens would be nice for players.

Team compositions seem to be varied for subs, like for Pelican here I'm glad it worked out to something appreciable for use in his farming. It just sucks seeing the potential success that could've been had in just waiting a bit longer to see all possible options before players start using their copies.

EDIT: if you have the beli xrokis, use skillbooks, whatever to level Boa! To me legends would be the exception to the cause.

When alvida first came and returned the first time i got a few skill ups and figured i'd max her next time. But her book drop rate is truly terrible. I wonder if we'll get that ranking on alvida when she returns-lowest cost team, fastest run possible.

Some people are feeding their doffys and im here like, why not just figure out a team that either uses a level 1 skill doffy or not at all? There's already 3 teams or so theorycrafted, one where as long as the friend doffy is 21 or less, one where yours at leatst 26 and friend less, and that mihawk/doffy team with a whitebeard sub.

If those teams dont work for you, then just run 40 stamina on natural regen or gem 60 once for a drop. There's no shame at all if you can't farm Enel the first time he comes, especially since he's here before a skill up after doffy and 2 months earlier than japan got him. His special is really handy for quick teams and as a flat dmg special, but no one really needs him maxed right now, hell he works perfectly fine as a strong sub right now.

From garp to ivankov was July to October. I've had that double marco team to farm zephyr ready since july when we had those 2 1 hour per day coloured turtles. If i had pulled a legend shanks i'd run him instead.

It's weird to think Enel first debuted on japan back in June and wrecked a lot of japan players at that time.

I'm really interested what fortnight we're getting after this rising sun/kimono fortnight, if we go on the order again it should be impel down bon clay i believe, which doesnt really help anyone, but if we get okama fortnight that brings apoo books and maybe a new strategy for enel.

wilstreak

Her special is excellent. Converts weak orbs to INT.

Changing orbs is seen as extremely useful for "Burst teams" where you basically multiply your damage output to such extreme levels that you can easily off an enemy in 1-2 turns.

Burst teams often rise and fall with your ability to succesfully guarantee you've got the right orbs for 1-2 turns to genuinly maximize your damage & by limiting the chance of weak orbs throwing off your calculations.

As far as orb converters go Towel Nami's great cause even if you can't get full purple orbs, she gets rid of the worst ones (yellow).

For example, check out this Burst team's damage on Garp: https://youtu.be/wo_ta2o3T6A?t=84

so that means i have to build a team based on INT characters?
is that the way to maximizing damage?
since my team currenlty lacks punch that i cant even finish Crocodile in Nanohana rainbase

btw, if i have Garp, BB, and Mihawk, which one is better to level up first

Kyou

I'm no expert but I'd go with Mihawk. His 2.5x damage boost for Slashers when he's captain makes for an excellent "day to day" team. There's a lot of already really strong slashers and he'll allow you to make a good "rainbow team"(one of each color) to clear out story missions or a lot of the standard event content.

Just FYI, Log Nami works better than Kaku in that team if you have her. Doing 3m+ damage is total overkill as you only need around 2m to one shot.

I was using Ray/Ray/Croc/Vista/Robin/Log Nami to farm him.

Mihawk. My Garp has been at level 48 forever and I never use him. BB is only useful for Raids like Doffy and Duval.

chrono01

so that means i have to build a team based on INT characters?
is that the way to maximizing damage?
since my team currenlty lacks punch that i cant even finish Crocodile in Nanohana rainbase

INT-based teams aren't really used for standard content, they're mostly used for events/raids with PSY-based enemies, such as Garp. That's why you couldn't really do much damage to Crocodile, since he was INT himself. I don't mean to say that you can't use them, especially with Rayleigh as Captain, but generally you want a mixture of different types. That's why a Mihawk team is so popular. You can mix/match with him different types of Slasher-type units and burn through a lot of the in-game content, especially when he's max-skill. He should definitely be your primary focus for leveling up.

Towel Nami is still an amazing unit though, and also worth your XP. I'd just focus on Mihawk first.

RedBoot

I'm really interested what fortnight we're getting after this rising sun/kimono fortnight, if we go on the order again it should be impel down bon clay i believe, which doesnt really help anyone, but if we get okama fortnight that brings apoo books and maybe a new strategy for enel.

I'm expecting Impel Down Bon Clay next. Since they skipped the Okamas earlier, I can only assume they're being saved for Valentine's Day, which would put them as the fortnight after next (and after Enel).

The only other possibility (besides moving up Domino or Sadie like they did for Croc) would be Afro Luffy, since we're at the right storyline timing for it.

Kyou

it's too bad raid bosses dont have skillbooks because it'd be really funny to be getting Zephyr skill books

wilstreak

okay thanks GAFer

I will try to level up Mihawk first
though with only 80 point, 2nd form Mihawk will cost me 55 point and i will be left with weak character. LOL

koryuken

I'm no expert but I'd go with Mihawk. His 2.5x damage boost for Slashers when he's captain makes for an excellent "day to day" team. There's a lot of already really strong slashers and he'll allow you to make a good "rainbow team"(one of each color) to clear out story missions or a lot of the standard event content.

Agreed, Mihawk can carry you a long way.

Heng

jx6XHF6.jpg
Finally, I'm free from his curse... Maybe I'll farm chapter 4 or whatever for wyper or try to get a second Crocodile.

Just FYI, Log Nami works better than Kaku in that team if you have her. Doing 3m+ damage is total overkill as you only need around 2m to one shot.

I was intentionally showing an overkill team to give an idea how burst teams can work. :p

I don't have ray or towel nami personally, I farmed Garp with a little Mihawk slasher team.

Majukun

for moment i got excited reading that a mihawk+mingo team should do the trick for eneru 60 stamina
then i noticed that another mihawk is in the team..meaning that your captain should be mingo and the frend should be mihawk and not the other way around.

on another hand i might be able to do it with a double mingo team if any friend has a dofla qwith at least 24 CD..although i would be running the poor version of the team not having both koza and law (substituted by miss doublefinger and slasher croc)

by the way,there are any gaffers who already maxxed doffy (or have it below or on par with 24 CD)?
if yes,are we friends yet?

Hisoka

Congrats on Boa! Yeah i love that you really can't exactly predict the next content anymore. With the Shandia alone they really went that far ahead and now Enel.. Awesome.

*takes a bow*

Thank you, thank you. I'll be here all week. Be sure to tip your waitress!

Haha!

Finally, I'm free from his curse... Maybe I'll farm chapter 4 or whatever for wyper or try to get a second Crocodile.

Congrats! He's awesome :D

Btw, i also added myself to the new OPTC GAF sheet.
I added the rest i didn't have as friends, well i just saw i'm full in terms of friends. Was there anyone who could not take my invitation? Hope not, otherwise i make some freespace then.
Also, Raruchu, maybe add the list in the OT again?

Majukun

Do any of you guys try to raise the specials of generally worthless chars, e.g. Mr.9 for example?

if i have the books yes..no real reason not to,it's not like 5k exp are gonna matter much anyway

that being said,i never use said characters,so it doesn't really matter at all how i use those books

if i have the books yes..no real reason not to,it's not like 5k exp are gonna matter much anyway

that being said,i never use said characters,so it doesn't really matter at all how i use those books

Sad admission: my WORST book luck of all time is on Yosuke of all characters.

I've actually maxed him purely on books alone and he's only like skill level 5.

Golden pound, Marco, Mihawk? All were absolutely easy to max compared to the legendary Yosuke.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

Congrats man, i wonder if he has a better drop chance on the last stage of ark maxim.

What stage did he drop for you?

Edit: tfw when you got a new title for clearing last stage now over 50 times and still no Enel drop.
ib8nJGm.png

Just how rare is Killer's book, exactly? Must've run Absalom a dozen times and I haven't gotten one. No Absalom posters either...

Do any of you guys try to raise the specials of generally worthless chars, e.g. Mr.9 for example?

I do that with the giants, Baroque Works billlions and Navy Ensigns. Already max skilled most of the billions and ensigns. Not really sure why I bother, actually.

RalchAC

It depends. The character with the "Slot Storm" books (adjacent orbs to Meat) that I have are all maxed, since for 2 months they dropped in every Fortnight available. Kumacy is max/max too because I'm that stupid and the Purple Zombie is almost there since he dropped in 3 consecutive fortnights. Some Fodder units that have proved useful in certain islands like the STR Marine or the QCK Baroque Works Billion too.

Outside that, not many more, really.

Sad admission: my WORST book luck of all time is on Yosuke of all characters.

I've actually maxed him purely on books alone and he's only like skill level 5.

Golden pound, Marco, Mihawk? All were absolutely easy to max compared to the legendary Yosuke.

My worst luck ever must have been Garp, really. 120 copies used in order to max him. And like 90 of those were fed when he was already maxed, since I got him to level 99 in order to be able to beat Zephyr reliably (I wanted my team to have 48k HP in order to survive 3 Zephyr attacks).

Heng

Congrats! He's awesome :D
Congrats man, i wonder if he has a better drop chance on the last stage of ark maxim.

What stage did he drop for you?

Edit: tfw when you got a new title for clearing last stage now over 50 times and still no Enel drop.
ib8nJGm.png
Thanks guys. At first I ran chapter 5 but I got 2 mobs instead, so I figured that the last stage would give me more chances for cotton candy. It took me 2 runs to get him, although I think I was really lucky. Most people here ran chapter 5 or 7 and I think you might have better luck there tbh.

Top Bottom