• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Jayhawk

it shows Afro Luffy and Prison Mr. 2 on the half stamina extra island image

I am so excited for SOCKETFEST

Oh! This game keeps giving too many farm choices. I haven't even started farming for Vergo, Lao G, and Koala books because of all the raid boss farming.

My GP Usopp is missing 2 bind sockets still. My Impact Usopp missing everything and my new SW Usopp seems like it will get more use in the long run because of the higher attack.

RalchAC

I can't help but feel there is some kind of problem with how (some) raids work. I did Aokiji over 30 times yesterday (plus 7-8 fails) and I was planning to do the same today, but... I just can't do it.

Aokiji is too stressful. On paper, it may not be that hard. But when you add how dangerous stages 1-3 feel (especially with a Log Luffy team) it's easier to understand why it's been such a tiring experience for me.

Raids seem to have gotten mechanically more complex since the beginning. Both Doflamingo and Aokiji are quite difficult. And, considering that you are going to farm it for >50 in a 14 hours span, I don't know if I like it TBH.

I think I'd rather have more raids like Ivankov, Blackbeard or Enel than Aokiji and Doffy. Leave the true and real challenge for Chaos Coliseum exclusive characters. Those are available 9 days over a 3 week span, so farming them isn't as painful as a raid boss.

Oh! This game keeps giving too many farm choices. I haven't even started farming for Vergo, Lao G, and Koala books because of all the raid boss farming.

My GP Usopp is missing 2 bind sockets still. My Impact Usopp missing everything and my new SW Usopp seems like it will get more use in the long run because of the higher attack.

There are some raids like Doflamingo where Golden Pound will still be better due to his shorter CD.

Majukun

Japan has added some kind of weekly missions.
they don't give much but hey it's free stuff
hope we get it on global. sometime soon

U6h9dSB.jpg

Hnnnng... the dream!!!

I kinda thought I'd have a policy of not socketting future farmable characters but it looks like the Ace coliseum fight is a pain in the ass unless you have Legend Sabo not to mention it'll be a long long time from now.

Hana-Bi

Another 0/5 for Lao. At least my Vergo needs only one skill up to max.

Count Butler is worse though. Zero skill ups so far while I maxed Chopper, got 8 skill ups on President Heaby and 7 on General Hotdog...

bobohoro

Got Coby and Helmeppo, evolved both of them and will probably be farming the fortnight all week (well, besides doing Zephyr) since they seem like incredible useful units for the point I'm at.
Also got Arlong, still ned a few evolvers, but won't run the fortnight that often due to low exp ratio.

I think I won't even try Aokiji on 40 Stamina, since I have no sockets to get through the initial stages I guess. Will probably have an easy time once he comes back, since my Psy Team is really taking form (I have Garp, Marco, Impact Usopp, Mr. 2 and Coby, as well as Squard and T-Bone), just need a few more levels (most hover around 40-50), skill-ups and sockets.

RalchAC

Looks like the other 2 admirals and Sengoku are 2.5x captains. Garp is a 2.25x captain. Nothing special, great if your sugo-luck is really terrible.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePieceTC/comments/5510eo/jpn_marineford_part_2_megathread/d86oovf

Well, Aokiji is already better than RR Shanks since it has the same boost and an skill that is actually useful.

Sengoku is poor man's Momonga and Akaine is poor man's Caesar though.

Got Coby and Helmeppo, evolved both of them and will probably be farming the fortnight all week (well, besides doing Zephyr) since they seem like incredible useful units for the point I'm at.
Also got Arlong, still ned a few evolvers, but won't run the fortnight that often due to low exp ratio.

I think I won't even try Aokiji on 40 Stamina, since I have no sockets to get through the initial stages I guess. Will probably have an easy time once he comes back, since my Psy Team is really taking form (I have Garp, Marco, Impact Usopp, Mr. 2 and Coby, as well as Squard and T-Bone), just need a few more levels (most hover around 40-50), skill-ups and sockets.

Arlong is a beast early one due to his high attack, but yeah, as long as you have one copy you are set.

Coby and Helmeppo have good skills and their initial CD is already low enough, so don't worry if you aren't able to max skill them.

MANUELF

Banned
Already Evolved Arlong and Coby with Helmeppo lagging behind in the 40s, I can level and evolve him but Im saving my purple turtles for tonight
Arlong is way stronger than Hack since he starts with a REALLY high attacks, is only in the teens and he is already stronger than pretty much any of my units

RalchAC

Already Evolved Arlong and Coby with Helmeppo lagging behind in the 40s, I can level and evolve him but Im saving my purple turtles for tonight
Arlong is way stronger than Hack since he starts with a REALLY high attacks, is only in the teens and he is already stronger than pretty much any of my units

Arlong boosts Slasher attack by 2x, so you can pair him with a friend Mihawk for a 5x ATK boost to Slashers.

Mihawk, Arlong, Golden Pound Usopp and 3 Slasher subs should be a decent team until Mihawk returns and you can grab him.

MANUELF

Banned
Arlong boosts Slasher attack by 2x, so you can pair him with a friend Mihawk for a 5x ATK boost to Slashers.

Mihawk, Arlong, Golden Pound Usopp and 3 Slasher subs should be a decent team until Mihawk returns and you can grab him.
How about 5* Squard, 4* Momonga and Asura Zoro?

RalchAC

Oh yeah, my bad then instead of him Shaka, I dont have that many strong slashers, I have Tbone but unevolved and very weak

Could work. Biggest problem would be fighting STR units due to not having any QCK Slasher, but the team should be cheap (I suppose cost is still a problem for you) and hit quite hard. Plus your friend Mihawk special.

MANUELF

Banned
Could work. Biggest problem would be fighting STR units due to not having any QCK Slasher, but the team should be cheap (I suppose cost is still a problem for you) and hit quite hard. Plus your friend Mihawk special.
My only blue slasher is Brook 3d2y I believe, I have a serious problem with the lack of blue units

bjork

I've run Count Butler a few times, but I think I'm done once I get Chopper to appear. Then I'm gonna try a few Aokiji teams and before next week, I'd like to get 5 lock on Arlong and also something worthwhile on my Coby and Helmeppo.

I would've worked on this yesterday, but I yolo pulled on sleep and got 11 hours in a row. Better than my maju-luck with sleep lately, so hooray!

Jayhawk

There are some raids like Doflamingo where Golden Pound will still be better due to his shorter CD.

No question that there are some fights where GP Usopp is better because of the 10 CD. But SW Usopp will max out at 14 CD which lines up with raid Doflamingo and other specials, 945 attack, and has 4 sockets, so most of the time SW Usopp for the win! Sogeking for some reason only has 32 more attack than GP Usopp.

Hana-Bi

Okay, Vergo maxed, Lao skill level 4, Count Butler still skill level 1. Won't gem anymore. Lao might be useful but the drop rates + skill up rates are way too low to farm him right now. Hopefully we'll get another fn with his skill books...

Random question, if we exclude legends; what RR characters are you guys most pining for that are available in global?

for me the list is:

5. Monet: conditional booster who boosts herself?
4. SW Usopp: If those 4 turns don't matter a great alternative to golden pound.
3. Mansherry: Very versatile support unit ... blindness cure interests me for log luffy.
2. Diamante: 2 turn delayer who doesn't have shit stats? lovely.
1. 3D2Y Zoro: I have Inthawk ... need I say more.

There's a few units excluded here that I might be interested in or who might go into this top list like Leo & particularly Blue Gilly.

Especially blue gilly with that 5 turn cooldown on an orb manipulation special seems like he'd have some use on a log luffy team.

How about you guys, any units you're looking for?

bjork

Viola, because her special interest me.

Legend Croc would be good too since I pulled his Robin awhile ago and she doesn't see much use.

Majukun

Random question, if we exclude legends; what RR characters are you guys most pining for that are available in global?

for me the list is:

3. Mansherry: Very versatile support unit ... blindness cure interests me for log luffy.

There's a few units excluded here that I might be interested in or who might go into this top list like Leo & particularly Blue Gilly.

Especially blue gilly with that 5 turn cooldown on an orb manipulation special seems like he'd have some use on a log luffy team.

1 caesar because i have fujitora and i need a driven booster
2 3d2y sanji or jabura because the only captain for powerhouse unit i have is moria
3 3d2y zoro,because i have a good slasher team
4 law because i lack a decent dex orb provider..maybe also the new zoro?
5 trebol because it's part of the fujitora dream team

Hana-Bi

for me the list is:

My list would be:

3d2y Luffy: don't have Rayleigh so he might be useful as a captain.
3d2y Usopp: seems like a great captain.
Don Chinjao: great special for WB

Other chars who might be interesting: Dellinger, but I have legend Lucci and 3d2y Sanji so not that useful anymore and SW Franky, but I don't have SW Ace so also not needed right now.

RedBoot

As far as wanted units goes:

1. 3D2Y Robin: I have Legend Croc. No further explanation needed.
2. 3D2Y Zoro: All-around good unit, huge boon to Slasher teams.
3. 3D2Y Luffy: Would be a fun captain to play around with, as I don't have Rayleigh. Also would be a good Luffy for sockets since both my G2 and G3 are very close to being complete.
4. SW Luffy: Viable captain, best STR booster. Also good for sockets, as I mentioned above.
5. 3D2Y Nami: I make a lot of Cerebral and Striker teams, and she'd make a good addition to either (3D2Y Sanji is a better unit, but I'm missing a lot of Powerhouse essentials so I'd rather have Nami).

Basically the 3D2Y units are really good. :p

RR30

Okay, Vergo maxed, Lao skill level 4, Count Butler still skill level 1. Won't gem anymore. Lao might be useful but the drop rates + skill up rates are way too low to farm him right now. Hopefully we'll get another fn with his skill books...

What does he max at? Got 3 skill ups so far with him.

For me 3D2Y Zoro is the non legend unit I want to pull the most because of Int Hawk.

What teams are y'all planning on for Zephyr? I am thinking of doing 2x Marco, Garp, Coby, Clay, I.Usopp. I have 2x Anti-Lock on them, so I should be ok despite Coby's CD being 15 (the rest are maxed).

I'm not sure if there would be safer / faster teams, though.

Hana-Bi

What does he max at? Got 3 skill ups so far with him.

For me 3D2Y Zoro is the non legend unit I want to pull the most because of Int Hawk.

His max cd is at 12 turns. So you're halfway there. :)

What teams are y'all planning on for Zephyr? I am thinking of doing 2x Marco, Garp, Coby, Clay, I.Usopp. I have 2x Anti-Lock on them, so I should be ok despite Coby's CD being 15 (the rest are maxed).

Double SW Shanks team with Impact Usopp and Raid Doffy + Urouge and Rakuyo as psy beat sticks and luckily I got 5 bind sockets for Urouge without gemming his colo while his others sockets are at 2-3.

I'm thinking of being lazy and just using my aokiji team, don't think Zephyr will throw anything at me that it can't handle.

log luffy/log luffy
garp/rakuyo
boost usopp/doflamingo.

RalchAC

2x Marco, Garp, Clay, Doflamingo and Impact Usopp.

I think I'm going to use my Forbidden Tomes on Marco and hope to get at least enough sockets for Anti-Lock level 1.

I hate Log Luffy teams with passion.

MiTYH

Huh, apparently I haven't looked at guides yet for Z. But I have that team you mentioned, lock-2 and despair-1. Guess I'm in good straights for this!

Tidd

1. 3D2Y Zoro (and I would be done but for the sake of listing a few more)
2. Leo
3. Mansherry
4. SW Luffy
5. Rest of the 3D2Y characters except Sanji and Brook, Wedding waifus

2x SW Shanks, Doffy, Impact Usopp, Rakuyo, Urouge

Hana-Bi

Next month Lucci fn comes finally back. :)

+ prison Croc comes back. Sockets for my legends. :)

Mihawk is also coming but I think I can't farm sockets for my new IntHawk that day. :(

bjork

Legend Lucci gains no slots from evolving, so I don't even need to evolve him to socket him first. That's good news.

My Doflamingo needs one measly skill-up to be done. That is top priority A#1 for me.

[edit - just realized I have a legend Doflamingo that needs sockets too. Crap]

Tidd

Blackbeard, Nightmare Luffy, Ivankov, Doflamingo and Mihawk are all coming in October

Nope, we don't know that. It could be Shiki or Gild Tesoro, which would explain why we get it two weeks after Zephyr.
NL makes the most sense but somehow it's "too soon" after Zephyr. We will see.

Oh and it's always possible that Bandai could change the schedule. Wouldn't be the first time. I mean if the 31th is a raid day it would make perfect sense to release Nightmare Luffy on this day instead of Mihawk.

FINALLY!!!! MY LEGEND LUCCI IS READY and QCK story mode Lucci and my Kakus. OH this will be great. :)

Interesting that it seems like we get the next new raid boss in two weeks. o.o

As someone who already socketted QCK Lucci the only other time he came back, it's not going to be that great...

RalchAC

Nope, we don't know that. It could be Shiki or Gild Tesoro, which would explain why we get it two weeks after Zephyr.
NL makes the most sense but somehow it's "too soon" after Zephyr. We will see.

Oh and it's always possible that Bandai could change the schedule. Wouldn't be the first time. I mean if the 31th is a raid day it would make perfect sense to release Nightmare Luffy on this day instead of Mihawk.

Yeah, Nightmare Luffy makes perfect sense for a Halloween Themed event. They should re-run the Halloween Fortnights too, unless we are getting new themed fortnights too.

I just don't like him, or Gear 3rd Luffy, or Legend Dofflamingo teams since they rely on Combo hits. I need to be 100% focused on the Raid Boss (so no TV or anything) so I feel I'm wasting my time. The fact that after 9-10 runs farming a raid boss stops being fun becomes more noticeable when you are doing nothing but playing.

I only use him if I don't have any other team that can clear a raid / enough friend captains to run it with a different team.

I just don't like him, or Gear 3rd Luffy, or Legend Dofflamingo teams since they rely on Combo hits. I need to be 100% focused on the Raid Boss (so no TV or anything) so I feel I'm wasting my time. The fact that after 9-10 runs farming a raid boss stops being fun becomes more noticeable when you are doing nothing but playing.

I only use him if I don't have any other team that can clear a raid / enough friend captains to run it with a different team.

Ah I get that.

I can't multitask with those teams either, I just keel over and die.

But I just take raids slow and never really gem for em so it's not too bad.

RedBoot

PERONA AND LUCCI IN THE SAME WEEK?!

*crumples up hat*

Yeah, I thought that was pretty funny. They know everyone was waiting for those two. :p

Prison Croc alongside Krieg is great, since I don't need to run the latter. Though that's the same week that a new fortnight starts, and I'll need to farm pretty much anything that it could be (Kimono Hats 2, Kimono Jimbe, Marguerite). Though I guess it could be another movie fortnight, though if it's the Gran Tesoro I'd still need to farm that.

I also just realized, if we get Kimono Hats 2 or the Film Z fortnight next, that'll be three fortnights in a row with Chopper. :p

As for the next raid boss, I'd really like it to be Gild Tesoro. He's going to be a lot of fun to use.

ah_hia

Sigh.It sure sucks when you fuse 5 Aokiji and got nothing to show for it. It's 300 stamina wasted that could've been spent on the new fortnight.

MANUELF

Banned
Im trying a Driven team with Master Caesar as captain, Ashura Zoro, Summer Perona, Diamante and Smoker the White Hunter with a Ashura Zoro as Friend Captain, the four Dex characters are really strong

Top Bottom