• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Verelios

Got Zephyr with a
Garp/Garp
Marco/SW Shanks
2 BonClay/Coby

Damn was that annoying stalling for turns. If I can't burst him then I'm probably not going to farm him.

Tidd

Shiliew is good for anything you only have to kill once but I don't think he's going to be the go to choice for anyone looking to farm characters. Resetting for instant KOs will probably take longer than just running a normal team on a raid boss.

You're right but depending on his max cool down, he could help. If you have a spot open in your team just fit in him. Use his special and if you're lucky you kill the raid boss without attacking. Otherwise burst him down.
And Zeenigami just killed Whitebeard forest with that. hahaha
OHKO'ed multiple enemies on stage 19 and 20.

edit: What sockets are people putting on Z? I've got 3/4 Lock/Despair on him but I see a lot of stuff saying CD, orb or healing is better on him

I have SW Ace so I'll go with cool down and Auto-Heal to complete my sockets.
I guess Auto-Heal is helpful for him even if you use him as a captain. Because most of the time your friend captain will be SW Ace and your ship will be the Striker ship once we have it. Both boost your HP. So max Auto-Heal would help you even more with stalling.

Kyou

I have SW Ace so I'll go with cool down and Auto-Heal to complete my sockets.
I guess Auto-Heal is helpful for him even if you use him as a captain. Because most of the time your friend captain will be SW Ace and your ship will be the Striker ship once we have it. Both boost your HP. So max Auto-Heal would help you even more with stalling.

In theory what should I drop for heal then?

Tidd

In theory what should I drop for heal then?

It always depends on the rest of your team. :/
I guess despair should be good since you don't want your SW Ace friend to be despaired and lose HP.
But I really hate to give 100% socket suggestions because every player has different characters. If you have SW Usopp and Franky you have more sockets to play around with compared to a complete F2P team. Opening much more possibilities.

F2P team sockets: http://optc-db.github.io/slots/#/tr...15,865:254515,516:253545,978:453515,418:2535P
damage: http://optc-db.github.io/damage/#/t...99,865:99,978:99C11,10B0D0E1345Q0L0G0R22S100H

I didn't got with despair in this one. But you can shuffle the sockets around depending on what you have and get.

Majukun

so..i have a japanese account that i never use..i only do pulls there to get the thrill while i keep my gems on global

yesterday i reach 50 gems,let's make a multipull on the japanese sugofest

FOUR LEGENDS...four freaking legends in one single multipull...a dupe whitebeard,2 bartolomeo and 1 sw shanks ò_ò

why can't i be this lucky on global?

Maxed out Zephyr in 36 copies. I wasn't too lucky on the sockets though, missing 3 auto heals. I'm trying to decide if its worth gemming to attempt getting those now.

What sockets are people putting on Z? I've got 3/4 Lock/Despair on him but I see a lot of stuff saying CD, orb or healing is better on him

I went with auto heal/despair. Auto heal feels pretty important for him considering how useful level 4 to 5 heal is on shooter/SW ace teams. And despair just because i'm kinda lacking it on my ace team right now.

MANUELF

Banned
nr24RSb.jpg
OMG
My heart is racing, I used Sengoku the Budha as friend captain, my captain was Squard with Garp, Mr2, GP Usopp and Coby so I couldnt heal reliably, I attack him first turn, Do some 900k damage and then he locks Mr 2 and Coby so I chip his heal with the other, he attack and leaves me with 600 HP, the moment his inmunity vanished I used GP Usopp special and give me other 3 turns to live, I attack him and then he locks Coby, I use Garp special and Squard and hit him over 500k, he still lives is his last turn before he attacks and kill me and I managed to kill him with my last attack and then he dropped and I feel sooooooo happy.

This run was way faster than my others but is not for the weak of heart and I got lucky, Ain also dropped so I fed her and Get another skillup, now is level 3 and Zephyr got my purple hime and two elder and is now in the 40s, I will keep playing the 30 fortnight and see if I Get another Z

PS: I Love you Ahvii <3

I'm 70 copies in and I still haven't special maxed this bastard. I have 5/5 for heal and CD so that's done but I need 1 more skill up. Also sleep, I need that too.

Hahaha, so I got a stamina meat and had enough stamina in total to farm 5 Zephyrs this morning.

Then I started feeding and .. skill up! skill up! skill up! skill up!

4/5!!

Not gonna gem to max him, but that's a very nice way to start my new Zephyr.

Tidd

Anyone got a rundown on how useful smoker and hina are?

Hina is ...eh nice to look at? She deals 8 hits of random dex damage to random enemies and boosts the ATK of all characters by 1.1 for 3 turns. Get your gems and socket books for the clear and you are done with her.

Smoker is ok. He boosts your orbs by 1.75x for 1 turn, reduces your HP by 20% and deals the reduced HP x10 in INT damage. Max cool down is 15 and he starts at 27.
Gamewith lists him in some teams against raid Boa. As a F2P character he's good but nothing I would gem for. Farm him with natural stamina in these 3 weeks and it should be enough.

Hina is ...eh nice to look at? She deals 8 hits of random dex damage to random enemies and boosts the ATK of all characters by 1.1 for 3 turns. Get your gems and socket books for the clear and you are done with her.

Smoker is ok. He boosts your orbs by 1.75x for 1 turn, reduces your HP by 20% and deals the reduced HP x10 in INT damage. Max cool down is 15 and he starts at 27.
Gamewith lists him in some teams against raid Boa. As a F2P character he's good but nothing I would gem for. Farm him with natural stamina in these 3 weeks and it should be enough.

Ah well, I've got INTHawk so I probably won't need him for any Boa teams as I'll be going slashers most likely.
really hope I can get 3d2y zoro out of that cyo sugo

MiTYH

Z raaaaaaid

It was actually (disappointingly?) easy, since we have so many units/max skilled ones now.

Went in with Marco/Marco/Garp/Coby/Clay/Impact Usopp. Everyone's got low cooldowns, so I barely had to stall above normal. And with a natural lock-level 2, I can stall longer on Z's stage if I need.

All in all, very easy. I won't gem for him since I don't have Ace or Jinbei, but I'll farm him with natural stamina and will enjoy his stages for a long time, since it's so easy

Did four pulls for the JPN Sugo, in the hopes of pulling SW Franky:

4* Kuina - Blah
4* Doc Q - Well, that's kinda cool I guess
4* Mirage Nami - Oh Geez, I'm done

....well, one more pull:

Legend Aokiji

Seven legends now, holy crap.

MiTYH

^^ Good call, I sometimes forget I play JPN rarely, have a Bart account just for fun. Did a bunch of single pulls since I love BB's team members:

- Namule
- 3 Usopp Kids
- LEGEND LOG LUFFYYYYYY
- QCK Ace
- Koza
- LEGEND LAWWWWWWWWW
- Lao G

So.... I guess I need to play more JPN...

EDIT: Did one more since I got gems from sugo soon island, got the secret STR Ace..... wtf where's this luck on Global!

Tidd

Congrats you two! Meanwhile I got another silverfest without golds. lol

So.... I guess I need to play more JPN...

Yeah this is always what I tell myself after I get some nice pulls but then I remember that I have to farm every single raid boss, useful skillbook and other things again... and that's enough to stop me. lol
My poor Legend Jinbei :(

Back to global: I'm done.

55 copies for all skill ups and then 12 more for the last two sockets. Few levels left and he's perfect. <3

RalchAC

Is Smoker a Chaos Exclusive unit? Are we going to have only one character on the lower difficulties?

RR30

Is that Smoker better than the bike version? Maybe worth socketing it first?

Is Smoker a Chaos Exclusive unit? Are we going to have only one character on the lower difficulties?

I assume either rebecca or lucky roo will stick around.

iirc Chaos waves either introduce 2 or 3 new characters, the waves of 2 just have an old one returning.

Later on it changes up a bit as colosseum has 5 chars at once.

Tidd

Is that Smoker better than the bike version? Maybe worth socketing it first?

They have different niches. Hard to say which version is better. If you have Sengoku then maybe the bike version is better for you.

Yes Smoker is chaos exclusive as the announcement, which is below the 2nd Zephyr banner, stated.
I guess we have to wait till we get the "new" opening times. It could be like Neoriceisgood said and they keep them or we have to wait and farm only Hina and Smoker. I can't really remember how Japan did it at the beginning.
Nowadays they have a new batch and some of the old's ones return with it. With the update they got yesterday they improved the colosseum and it features different characters for when it's "closed". For example, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday have Urouge, Rebecca and Lucky Roo and on the other days they have Smoker and Hina.

RR30

They have different niches. Hard to say which version is better. If you have Sengoku then maybe the bike version is better for you.

Yes Smoker is chaos exclusive as the announcement, which is below the 2nd Zephyr banner, stated.
I guess we have to wait till we get the "new" opening times. It could be like Neoriceisgood said and they keep them or we have to wait and farm only Hina and Smoker. I can't really remember how Japan did it at the beginning.
Nowadays they have a new batch and some of the old's ones return with it. With the update they got yesterday they improved the colosseum and it features different characters for when it's "closed". For example, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday have Urouge, Rebecca and Lucky Roo and on the other days they have Smoker and Hina.

Hmm with it being out for three weeks I might be able to socket both. We'll see depending on what fortnights I'm going to run. I do have Sengoku.

Uggh 0/10 on Zephyr. Going to farm 10 more and call it a day.

bjork

I had to work last night, but when I got up I ran the 30, got a drop, and evolved it right away. Now I'm home and have time to farm a little, but I doubt I'll max him today. It would be nice, but I don't think I'll have enough time, sadly. Hopefully he returns and this isn't a one-time event.

Hana-Bi

I feel your pain. And I like your SW Shanks. <3

Thanks. :) I like him too. Besides everyone saying that he is one of the worse legend he is actually really useful for a lot of content (turtles, story, int fn and raids).

Glad that I could max/max/max him. :)

Thanks. :) I like him too. Besides everyone saying that he is one of the worse legend he is actually really useful for a lot of content (turtles, story, int fn and raids).

"worst" kinda translates directly into "how much content can you clear with him", which the color-specific legends universally have trouble with.

Currently Shanks is one of the legends I'm most interested in as I like the idea of using him as a sub for inthawk + as a really solid PSY unit and captain. (probably the only color I don't have a super high tier captain for yet)

Hana-Bi

Man, whats up with Z for me? 30 copies, only two useful sockets and my last five copies didn't get me a skill up or socket. :( This will take some while and gems to max him. :(

RalchAC

I'm done.

He is at 18 turn CD, and he has 5/5 Heal/CD sockets. Will farm 10 or 15 copies next time he drops in order to finish him.

I think I'm done.

It seems Blackbeard is next Monday raid, but considering the skill up has just ended, I may skip him this time. I don't want to hold his copies for 8 weeks.

MiTYH

It seems Blackbeard is next Monday raid, but considering the skill up has just ended, I may skip him this time. I don't want to hold his copies for 8 weeks.

No sense skipping if you need it. Farm and give it a chance at least, even without double skillup!

RedBoot

LOL, somehow my Zephyr team is slightly less consistent than my Aokiji team. Though that's mostly due to me being incapable of getting consistent Perfects with Bon Clay or DJ Sanji. Getting blah skill up luck, so this could take a while.

As for Colo Smoker: he has a 1.75 orb boost, so he's got potential for any situation where you aren't using Doffy. He is extremely similar to Squard, though, so if you have him you might not need to focus on Smoker. Smoker does have the advantage of easy sockets for now, since we won't be getting the Squard fortnight for some time on Global.

bjork

Did about ten runs on Zephyr, only one skill up. I might actually try feeding them five at a time, as I've been doing two at a time until now.

Done.

Took around 73 copies. I got really unlucky with skill ups but thankfully the raid is really fast and I somehow managed to not screw up even once. Ain is skill maxed but is missing 2 points in CD but I'm not going to keep running this to finish her sockets.

Majukun

finished with zephyr skillups..i still need 1 socket though...

problem is now i am 14k exp from a level up and have no stamina....

Done.

Took around 73 copies. I got really unlucky with skill ups but thankfully the raid is really fast and I somehow managed to not screw up even once. Ain is skill maxed but is missing 2 points in CD but I'm not going to keep running this to finish her sockets.
;______; I'm at 80 Zephyr and still have 2 skill ups to go, last 10 I fed him had no skill up, wtf are we sure skill up is still on X'D and sockets are still off each time

RedBoot

3 for 30 on Zephyr so far. Ain is done, and even 9/10 on sockets. All the luck I had with Aokiji is balancing out on me. :p

Trying to max from zero to finish in one day is not as fun as I'd thought it might be.

Shackzam

Guys can you vote for barto for the make your own sugo fest. He's one of my favorite characters and want the highest chance of getting him. Thanks to those who can.

MANUELF

Banned
I downloaded the japanese version of treasure cruise.....
On the free try at rare recruit got 5* Kid, then a lot of email with 5 forbidden tomes, one of each socket books, one of each color hime and elder turtles, prisoner ace 4* and Luffy at marineford 5*, then I had 15 gems and I used the rare recruit, got Sai, SW Franky and Blue Gilly, all of those units I dont have in global and are really good
This is a really great starter pack

Top Bottom