• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

RedBoot

Woohoo, got in over 20 turtle fights. Feels good.

Got about 16 myself. I think 18's about my hard max right now with my current stamina, but the last 1-2 would require an extra gem.

Evolved Dofy and got Apoo very close. I'll get him to 70 with tonight's turtle time (I'm short a green dragon so I won't be able to evolve him til Thursday) and I guess I'll try and max Wyper after that, may as well get him ready for the Domino fortnight.

Kyou

What color turtles are out today?
Green

edit:
Got about 16 myself. I think 18's about my hard max right now with my current stamina, but the last 1-2 would require an extra gem.

Evolved Dofy and got Apoo very close. I'll get him to 70 with tonight's turtle time (I'm short a green dragon so I won't be able to evolve him til Thursday) and I guess I'll try and max Wyper after that, may as well get him ready for the Domino fortnight.

I gemmed, then found a stamina, then leveled up. The game really wanted me to get a lot of turtle times in.

Got smoker up to ~50 and Doffy to high 70s. My parents are coming for a visit so hopefully I can get that half an hour free tonight for my second turtle time

Gizuko

Hey all! I'm back with a couple of questions:

Story-wise I'm currently in Twin Cape's Ch.1, is it wise to farm the kimono fortnight or should I go for Absalom? I have Zoro and Luffy (not Nami), but should I try to level their specials?

I thought of getting one Absalom copy, but I don't know if leveling Zoro and Luffy's special would be better.

Hey all! I'm back with a couple of questions:

Story-wise I'm currently in Twin Cape's Ch.1, is it wise to farm the kimono fortnight or should I go for Absalom? I have Zoro and Luffy (not Nami), but should I try to level their specials?

I thought of getting one Absalom copy, but I don't know if leveling Zoro and Luffy's special would be better.

Two questions:

At what stamina level can you clear the Kimono island right now & are you building any specific teams? (colors, class?)

Gizuko

Two questions:

At what stamina level can you clear the Kimono island right now & are you building any specific teams? (colors, class?)

10 stamina, I think once I get some turtles tonight I'll be able to clear the 15 stamina one.

I'm currently using two main teams, STR and QCK (and Psy once I can get Shanks into a team that's not full of crabs), since Log Chopper and Jozu make most content easy. I'm trying to level Balloon Luffy meanwhile though, I'll later build around G3.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
10 stamina, I think once I get some turtles tonight I'll be able to clear the 15 stamina one.

I'm currently using two main teams, STR and QCK (and Psy once I can get Shanks into a team that's not full of crabs), since Log Chopper and Jozu make most content easy. I'm trying to level Balloon Luffy meanwhile though, I'll later build around G3.
Id keep chipping away at the story content, unless you haven't gotten the character drops from the extra island (Kimono/Absalom).

2U4MmMK.jpg

Gizuko

Id keep chipping away at the story content, unless you haven't gotten the character drops from the extra island (Kimono/Absalom).

I'm missing Absalom and Nami, but I have my doubts about the efficiency of farming the 10 stamina quests for Nami. I'll try to get Absalom and then continue with the story and pray for red turtles, since the 10 stamina quest only drops purple ones.

Thank you both!

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Where can I get stripped dragons?

Is it posible to get Absalom to drop in the rookie tier of his extra island event?

Oh if you have a QCK team absolutely go for Absolom, red/blue turtle drops are way more important to you than purple ones atm; and the books probably don't matter much at all.

alben

Neo Member

Is it posible to get Absalom to drop in the rookie tier of his extra island event?

You can get stripped dragons in the Thursday extra island. There are 4 islands, red, blue, green and rainbow. The first 3 drop dragons of their color, and purple and yellow dragon can drop in any of those 3. The rainbow dragon island can be hard for a new player and drops the rainbow dragon that is use to evolve legends and a few more chars

Absalom can drop in any difficult, but the easier ones have a lower drop chance

Heng

You can get stripped dragons in the Thursday extra island. There are 4 islands, red, blue, green and rainbow. The first 3 drop dragons of their color, and purple and yellow dragon can drop in any of those 3. The rainbow dragon island can be hard for a new player and drops the rainbow dragon that is use to evolve legends and a few more chars
What alben said is true. I would like to add that Bamco is giving us a stipe dragon in a few weeks.

Gizuko

Oh if you have a QCK team absolutely go for Absolom, red/blue turtle drops are way more important to you than purple ones atm; and the books probably don't matter much at all.

I haven't tried absalom yet, but if the missions drop red turtles it's a no-brainer. Should have tried earlier.

Tidd

Got 12 elders in 15 runs. That has to be a new record for me. Not the number of runs but the ratio. xP
And a 5 elders super success!!!

RalchAC

Man, damn One Piece thread in the gaming discussion side. Now I want to read Ennies Lobby again. And I have an exam next Monday.

The "I wanna live" Robin scene always catches me off guard, really. I can't help but drop a tear there.

There isn't any audiobook like version of the manga, right? It would be great. Like you get the manga but the bubbles are read by the characters. I doubt it, but it would be cool :p It's what I miss the most when I'm reading OP MANGA.

Firestorm

I started a re-read of One Piece after finding out there was a colour version of the manga I could read on my iPad. Still so good ;_;

I started a re-read of One Piece after finding out there was a colour version of the manga I could read on my iPad. Still so good ;_;

I'm still trying to get caught up (I'm on chapter 770, atm). However, I'm contemplating rereading the whole series afterwards, do to finding that as well.

Heng

Do you have a link for the color pages? I'd like to start reading the manga since the anime's animation went to crap and how slow it's going.
I know the animation was never that great but it was still good nonetheless.

Error

This is probably one of the better gacha games I've played. Looks nice, has fun combat mechanics, and it's not overly complex with a bunch of different systems that are just annoying instead of fun, the f2p is fair (so far...), and the One Piece coating is just icing on the cake. It's nice to relive these old arcs again in a summarized way.

I'll keep it in my rotation of phone games. Terra Battle, Record Keeper and this one seems more than enough

chrono01

This is probably one of the better gacha games I've played. Looks nice, has fun combat mechanics, and it's not overly complex with a bunch of different systems that are just annoying instead of fun, the f2p is fair (so far...), and the One Piece coating is just icing on the cake. It's nice to relive these old arcs again in a summarized way.

I'll keep it in my rotation of phone games. Terra Battle, Record Keeper and this one seems more than enough
Agreed.

Of all of the gatcha games I play [and that's a lot], it's my favorite. Constant stream of in-game content, free gems every single day [not to mention what you get for completing content as well as additional login bonuses], and the free/farmed units are extremely powerful and viable in a lot of team builds. Not just that, it's without an "auto-battle" of some sort [yes I view that as a positive], since it allows the actual gameplay portion to be more involved so you actually feel like you got some use out of your stamina.

I'm definitely going to be with this one for a long time.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Finally finished skill maxing the Kimono units, took a full four PLVs (something, something 300 runs). It helped this fortnight was colorful and fast and for the first time all the pigs that dropped weren't completely useless! Now I can go back to running my farming candy experiment.

It was like: "Oh guys! See this special PSY Turtle Time they're doing! Zephyr totally next! I'm going to wake up at 3 AM just to grab some PSY turtles to level up my team for him!"

6 months later...

I wonder how players would be if Aokiji ended up being our first INT raid... but who knows really, we could get a super influx of Strong World everything for the 1 year.

Some people are feeding their doffys and im here like, why not just figure out a team that either uses a level 1 skill doffy or not at all? There's already 3 teams or so theorycrafted, one where as long as the friend doffy is 21 or less, one where yours at leatst 26 and friend less, and that mihawk/doffy team with a whitebeard sub.

I'm really interested what fortnight we're getting after this rising sun/kimono fortnight, if we go on the order again it should be impel down bon clay i believe, which doesnt really help anyone, but if we get okama fortnight that brings apoo books and maybe a new strategy for enel.

There could've been a fear of not having enough max skilled Doffy friends on a player's FL, but if I honestly had to peg it at a number... there may only be 20-25 out there tops from what I've seen. Possibly even less. So while I can't fault players wanting to take things into their own hands, Doffy is just much more crucial for everything down the road.

Also, I'm guessing it will be another Kimono fortnight, maybe with the inclusion of Apoo books.

Insert miracle image.

This is a myth, I don't believe it!

(Really cool you got it, those gems will go a long way for sure!)

There could've been a fear of not having enough max skilled Doffy friends on a player's FL, but if I honestly had to peg it at a number... there may only be 20-25 out there tops from what I've seen. Possibly even less. So while I can't fault players wanting to take things into their own hands, Doffy is just much more crucial for everything down the road.

I thought about adopting the double Doffy team with a low cooldown friend, which I'm guessing I probably have 3-4 people on my friends list who have that, to try and farm Enel but realistically my goal isn't to just farm Enel, but to farm him in the easiest most efficient way possible. As much as I like this game, slogging through a raid farming session with a sub-optimal team is a giant chore and I loathe having to do it unless I have no other choice. I'll be content to farm Enel when I can run a Mihawk/Doffy team off of my own maxed Doffy.

Also, I'm guessing it will be another Kimono fortnight, maybe with the inclusion of Apoo books.

I was wondering about this so looked into what the drops for the stage were and all the droppable characters are farmable units from story islands up to and including Long Ring Long Land, so it's certainly possible. And the new Kimono strawhats themselves don't do anything related to content that hasn't been introduced into global yet. The only caveat I see is that some of the fodder enemies look like they were pulled from the Thriller Bark story islands. And it would be a little odd for them having gifted us a Kimono Sanji when's he's droppable in the new kimono isle should we get it.

I6X0dgl.png

I'd be nice to get these units that I wouldn't otherwise spend stamina trying to farm. No Mr. 2 though, sorry Maju.

Assuming we're getting the Candy-chan event isle for Valentine's Day, we'll have certainly have one more isle after the current one and then if they started the Candy-chan event, it would run up until two days after Valentine's Day. They could possibly squeeze in another fortnight before it and just have it start two days after Valentine's day, kinda like how we got the Halloween event after Halloween was over.

Error

it's wierd the app has a push notification option but it doesn't really send any notifications.

RalchAC

If we get the 2nd Kimono Fortnight (Robin special boosts both Slasher and Knowledge, but she has been nerfed before :p) I'm sure we will get a different bunch of books. Halloween events work differently too. That island dropped some really great books (better than the japanese one.

We shouldn't discard the idea that they will release a Fortnight Island that could help players get ready for Enel, since we got Prisoner Crocodile before Doffy (which had some really good books like Kid's, Blamenco's and Mr.1's)

Majukun

by the way, someone managed to max his Doffy with the green turtle time? I only got him to Lv 80..seems like he needs tons of xp to max...

My second TT was 2am, but I got so caught up in a Discord conversation I was having w/ friends that I lost track of time and missed it. :/

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I slept for all but 3 hours yesterday (must have caught a bug), so I missed both green turtle times :(

Majukun

so.. how is your kimono Nami farming going?
until now I got 13 skillbooks and 6 copies of kn, but also tons of shitty chessmarimo books

Top Bottom