• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

bjork

FINALLY GOT LVL 10 MERRY!!!!!!!!!
Now I wont leave the enemy with a silver of health

Nice. I think I spent like 600 cola to finally max the merry.

Have you put any cola into other ships yet? If not, don't start. The Merry can serve you well until you've got a coffin boat and a slasher team to go with it, and the Sunny comes later for free.

MANUELF

Banned
Nice. I think I spent like 600 cola to finally max the merry.

Have you put any cola into other ships yet? If not, don't start. The Merry can serve you well until you've got a coffin boat and a slasher team to go with it, and the Sunny comes later for free.
The navy ship is level 3, the Baratie level 3 and the flying MERRY level 2, so I havent invested that much outside of the merry

bjork

I wanted a reserve of five rainbow crabs. Got to 4 after 25 runs... and I had 2 to begin with.

I think I'll just focus on socketing Luffy and hope the red turtles from there can push my Lucci to 70 so I can evolve him.

MiTYH

Holy hell. New content coming, slow down. I can't keep up!

- October 10-12, the sugofest

- October 11th, new movie FN with books like Legend Ace and 3D2Y Zoro
- Same night, FP pulls for story mode units like Enel and Lucci
- Same night two two weeks, chance of meat/keys from snails

- October 13th, new raid boss, maybe?

- October 18th, 19:00. Amazon Lilly starts.
- Same night, Lucci/Perona come back

Oh and don't forget the Coliseum coming back and all that. Personally, I''ll be spending all my time come the 18th on maxing out my Legend Lucci. This'll be the first time I ignore a story island when it comes out, but I can't afford to miss the singular week of Lucci. I need to farm Smoker this weekend too, because, again, Lucci takes all

bjork

Did a yolo pull and nabbed a Senor Pink. I justified this by realizing I have zero of the characters in the splash image. Then I did a second one, thinking my luck has changed, and it gave me base Mr. 5.

You are a cruel master, OPTC

Hana-Bi

Damn, we'll be getting the multipull + guaranteed boosted char as the +1 pull again this sugo. Will do at least one multi pull now. Maybe two...

Jayhawk

If you have Rakuyo, I don't think you need Mr 2. Assuming you're also running doffy on your psy teams, all you need is 3 psy orbs from garp's special, and doffy + Rakuyo should take care of the rest.

Good point about Rakuyo.

I am tempted to do a multipull on day one since that has the three legends I want the most, but I already have half of the other boosted units.

When will the Halloween fortnights be coming out in the JP version? Interested in finding out the stats and specials of the new units.

RR30

Damn, we'll be getting the multipull + guaranteed boosted char as the +1 pull again this sugo. Will do at least one multi pull now. Maybe two...

From Colo and the daily gems + rankings I think I'll have just enough for a multi pull on day one if I did my math right. Don't have any of those rated up legends either so it'll work out.

MiTYH

That's all I needed to confirm, I'm supppppeerrrr pumped for this!

I did all coliseum's yesterday minus Hina's Chaos. So that's some gems, plus I hit day 600 (holy crap!) in 4 days, which is a bonus 10.

bjork

I always say I'm gonna bow out of a Sugo and I always cave, but this might be the time I don't. Of the units shown in the image on the last page, I'm missing Fujitora, Luffy, Nami, and Zoro but I have the others.

But maybe one multipull wouldn't hurt.

Tidd

Reminder we could get a new raid next week. Also there's a good chance the old Halloween fortnights will return. Furthermore don't forget that we could get the new halloween fortnight. And then there is the Frieza event that could have changes compared to the one Japan got.

bjork

Does the Frieza thing count as a raid? I don't know how long the original one ran for Japan.

I'd be okay with that or Nightmare Luffy, since NL fits the season and all.

Tidd

Does the Frieza thing count as a raid? I don't know how long the original one ran for Japan.

I'd be okay with that or Nightmare Luffy, since NL fits the season and all.

No one knows how the global version will handle it. But if we follow Japan it will be a fortnight-like event running simultaneously with everything else. (new fortnight, old fortnights, colosseum, raids) There will be no way for you to farm everything without gemming.

bobohoro

7 runs of Heracles'un on 30 stamina, died two times due to not knowing what to do, didn't get a drop the other 5 times. I just want one copy to evolve until next time when I should be ready for 40 stamina, but nope. That could have been 14 afro luffy runs and another pirate level or two.

Will probably have natural stamina for two more runs, wish me luck.

And that sugofest seems pretty sweet for a newcomer without legends. Too bad I only have 20 gems right now.

But I also don't have any of the real good story units and 4000 FP, as well as Lucci and Perona to get and evolve in the next fortnights, so I'm probably good until the next sugo.

Just one yolo pull, maybe?

Kyou

Maxed Heracles then maxed Bepo

Day 1 of sugo is tempting for the nonlegends, and day 2 is tempting for log luffy

...I should probably pull on day 1

RedBoot

Yeah, I could probably do the multipull (only have Koala and Whitey Bay out of all the boosted Day 1 units), but 50 gems are just too valuable with all the stuff happening soon. Plus I'm probably going to gem a bunch for Enel on Monday, never mind everything happening afterwards.

I will do a few regular pulls though. I'd be perfectly happy with a 3D2Y Nami or Señor Pink. Or SW Ace. I'm not greedy.

MiTYH

Maxed Heracles then maxed Bepo

Day 1 of sugo is tempting for the nonlegends, and day 2 is tempting for log luffy

...I should probably pull on day 1

Rule #1 of sugo club is never pull for a legend. It's not like LL CAN'T show up other days, too.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I don't think I've ever pulled a legend on a sugo they were actually boosted. Maybe Sabo during a Psy up.

I'm going to try and pass on this sugo. The unit I want most out of the boosted units is Koala.

bobohoro

Game got the better of me.

Died to Heracles again due to not paying attention.
Gemmed for stamina refill out of frustration.
Won, no drop.
Died once more due to being dumb.

By now I know I should just ignore him. He isn't even that important and I'm not even far enough to do 30 stamina with 100% success, but im in full sunk cost fallacy mode.

Two more runs before I go to sleep. I will at least not gem anymore.
Probably.

Kyou

Rule #1 of sugo club is never pull for a legend. It's not like LL CAN'T show up other days, too.

Yeah, obviously. I have no 3D2Y units and I want Zoro so bad.

But a new useful legend captain would be nice. Boa's been a good sub but I want a new fun captain.

Current top 3 most wanted: Log Luffy, Sengoku, Inthawk

RR30

Yeah, obviously. I have no 3D2Y units and I want Zoro so bad.

But a new useful legend captain would be nice. Boa's been a good sub but I want a new fun captain.

Current top 3 most wanted: Log Luffy, Sengoku, Inthawk

3D2Y Zoro is the main reason I'm gonna go a multipull on day one. He would fit so well into my IntHawk team.

bobohoro

Complaining on message boards always helps.
Got Heracles-un on my next run. Finally found someone with a Zephyr captain and proceeded to easily win it this time. Honestly thought it was gonna rain bellies again, but got lucky.

Then went on to max him with my stash of pigs and junior turtles. Didn't get a single super success in roughly 9 tries. Seems this isn't my day.

I will do a few regular pulls though. I'd be perfectly happy with a 3D2Y Nami or Señor Pink. Or SW Ace. I'm not greedy.

I see 3D2Y Nami mentioned a few times, but I haven't quite figured out what her use is. I have her from my first sugo fest and never actually used her until now.

MANUELF

Banned
Complaining on message boards always helps.
Got Heracles-un on my next run. Finally found someone with a Zephyr captain and proceeded to easily win it this time. Honestly thought it was gonna rain bellies again, but got lucky.

Then went on to max him with my stash of pigs and junior turtles. Didn't get a single super success in roughly 9 tries. Seems this isn't my day.

I see 3D2Y Nami mentioned a few times, but I haven't quite figured out what her use is. I have her from my first sugo fest and never actually used her until now.
Is good that you finally got him, I got him on my first run on 30 stamina and it seems I was very lucky, hopefully I keep that luck for Enel and Doflamingo

MANUELF

Banned
Sorry for double posting but this deserves it

I beat the 40 stamina run of Heracles without dying

My team was
Monet - SW Sanji
Breed - Diamante
Hack - Alvida

I got lucky with the dinosaurs though, there were two blues at different cooldowns and a green with 3 cooldown so I killed that one before the two blues and then with the blues attacking me at different turns I could take my time by focusing in one, then on the 4 round I used Monet special and took 2 turns to kill everyone, then in the boss stage I used Hack and Diamante specials so I lowered everyone by 20% and Diamante special killed all the enemies minus Heracles then it was a hard battle against him to hurt him more than he could heal and when I saw he was close to 20% I used everyone specials(Hack-Diamante-Monet-SW Sanji-Breed in that order) and killed him in 3 turns barely

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Rayleigh wrecks heracles.

Edit: CD 12, fully socketed in Auto-heal / Damage Reduction / Orbs. '-'

So Hina was easier than I thought. Is she any good? 1.1x ATK for all characters seems a bit weak, but does it stack with type/class boosts? Anyway, time to farm some Luffys.

As for the Sugofest, I think I'll be doing a multipull on the first day, though there's the risk of Whitey, Kyros, Ricky, Sugar and Koala.

I won't be able to multi-pull after blowing through my gems farming Zephyr and not even getting him near max (RNG gonna RNG). :-/

I forgot today was Penguin day and I need 5 Rainbow Robber Penguins from the easier stage. Shockingly, I got 3 of them in a row.

Edit: Got all 5 in only 7 runs. I sure hope I get this luck when I'm farming for Rainbow Hermit Crabs.

35 runs for 3 rainbow hermit crabs... D:
I needed 5.

MANUELF

Banned
35 runs for 3 rainbow hermit crabs... D:
I needed 5.
I did 7 runs and got two so I have 4 right now

EDIT:
This just dropped O.O
DT8IVlX.jpg

Majukun

So Hina was easier than I thought. Is she any good? 1.1x ATK for all characters seems a bit weak, but does it stack with type/class boosts? Anyway, time to farm some Luffys.

As for the Sugofest, I think I'll be doing a multipull on the first day, though there's the risk of Whitey, Kyros, Ricky, Sugar and Koala.

no,it's not good and no she doesn't stack,it's classified as a type booster

remember there are,ATM, only 3 types of boosters on global

- class/type boosters (enel,mihawk)
- orb boosters (doflamingo,colo smoker)
- conditional boosters (sadi-chan, nero)

only one of each type active for any given turn.
also the characters that boost only their attacks are still counted as class/type boosters

they did add new kinds of boosters in japan though

back to hina,she might be good only to bring down some barriers since her special is multihit...but it's not the only one

Had like 40 colas so I decided, what the hell, I'll try upgrading the coffin boat. And now it's maxed. Upgraded the Sunny a level, too.

no,it's not good and no she doesn't stack,it's classified as a type booster

remember there are,ATM, only 3 types of boosters on global

- class/type boosters (enel,mihawk)
- orb boosters (doflamingo,colo smoker)
- conditional boosters (sadi-chan, nero)

only one of each type active for any given turn.
also the characters that boost only their attacks are still counted as class/type boosters

they did add new kinds of boosters in japan though

back to hina,she might be good only to bring down some barriers since her special is multihit...but it's not the only one

Oh, thanks for the info. I wasn't quite sure how the different boosters interacted with each other since I usually just use one kind in any given crew.

Adeptrain

I cant find ANY secret characters, no Animal King Chopper, no Davy Back Fight Chopper and no Prisoner Mr 3

I actually got Davy back chopper, but yeah.. The other two aren't showing up at all! I've done 30+ runs and nothing. O_O Are the secret levels supposed to be that rare?

HabeeNo

Colosseum Hina on Chaos is such a pain, jfc. The lack of sockets/max specials makes her Aokiji hard, plus I'm not trying to spend my gems with all that content coming up 😭

bjork

Reducing a cooldown completely is pretty useful for fights where a unit is locked for a ton of turns, but I'm not sure if her stats justify taking up a spot on your crew. If I pull one and she finds good use, I'll be sure to make note of it.

EDIT:
This just dropped O.O

I have to say, reading newer players' stories unfolding is super fun.

Croc is super good whether you evolve him to slasher, or striker. If you go striker route, he's got a strong poison special that's great for princess turtles or guys with a resilience (like Afro Luffy).

I actually got Davy back chopper, but yeah.. The other two aren't showing up at all! I've done 30+ runs and nothing. O_O Are the secret levels supposed to be that rare?

It's all rng, sometimes you can get one to show up repeatedly, sometimes it is just bad luck.

RalchAC

I give up.

I'll gem for Ussopn copies when his raid comes back.

I've been at 3/5 Bind/Despair for 2 days.

Reducing a cooldown completely is pretty useful for fights where a unit is locked for a ton of turns, but I'm not sure if her stats justify taking up a spot on your crew. If I pull one and she finds good use, I'll be sure to make note of it.

Imagine if you have Rayleigh/Gear 3rd/Log Luffy team. It's amazing for those.

It would be great for Blackbeard in general.

You miss quite a bit of damage with Bind, if only for the 0.3x bonus damage you miss.

bjork

Imagine if you have Rayleigh/Gear 3rd/Log Luffy team. It's amazing for those.

It would be great for Blackbeard in general.

You miss quite a bit of damage with Bind, if only for the 0.3x bonus damage you miss.

For sure, especially in the case of Rayleigh. Max multiplier with only 5 characters is 21.5 or something, and 25x for all 6, right?

Hana-Bi

Damn, SW Usopp socketing went perfect. Usopps drop rate wasn't that good but I got extremely lucky with the sockets. He's now max socket and I even could max socket Luffy Gear 2. :)

bobohoro

The luffy usopp well has run dry :(

At least I'm not alone. Had a run of 4 where not a single copy of either dropped. Ridiculous.
Add to that, that bind sockets refuse to show up for me and I'm not getting to Impact Usopp this week I guess. Hoepfully I can at least finish GP.

On the other hand, I'm close to finally getting the coffin ship. Nearly had it in my last run, but forgot to stall on the purple crab for 2 turns.
Well, should go well this time.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Assuming I finally get this last Bind socket on Impact Usopp (which may never happen at the current rate), should I switched to SW Usopp or my 2nd GPU next?

Jayhawk

Assuming I finally get this last Bind socket on Impact Usopp (which may never happen at the current rate), should I switched to SW Usopp or my 2nd GPU next?

SW Usopp! He'll be getting a lot more use once we get skill books. 14 CD lines up well with most fortnights and raids, and his two extra sockets and extra attack bring a lot to the table.

I started tracking and planning my sockets for my important units in a spreadsheet, so I can reduce overlap on units used between multiple teams. It's an addition to the spreadsheet I already have for tracking how many evolvers I need for current units and future raid units. An app would be useful for this if it could be tied to your account to look at your box, but this game's not setup for that.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
SW Usopp! He'll be getting a lot more use once we get skill books. 14 CD lines up well with most fortnights and raids, and his two extra sockets and extra attack bring a lot to the table.

I started tracking and planning my sockets for my important units in a spreadsheet, so I can reduce overlap on units used between multiple teams. It's an addition to the spreadsheet I already have for tracking how many evolvers I need for current units and future raid units. An app would be useful for this if it could be tied to your account to look at your box, but this game's not setup for that.

I guess I'm just really attached to the 10 CD. The 10 CD Max might seem pretty close to SW Usopp's 14 CD Max, but it makes a world of difference. You can almost always get two GPU specials in a single raid/colo, since delay specials effectively shorten the cooldown of the next usage. I don't think that will happen with SW Usopp.

So many good Usopps to socket... GPU, SW Usopp, Impact Usopp, 3D2Y Usopp... heck, even Log Usopp is good for certain teams.

Jayhawk

I guess I'm just really attached to the 10 CD. The 10 CD Max might seem pretty close to SW Usopp's 14 CD Max, but it makes a world of difference. You can almost always get two GPU specials in a single raid/colo, since delay specials effectively shorten the cooldown of the next usage. I don't think that will happen with SW Usopp.

So many good Usopps to socket... GPU, SW Usopp, Impact Usopp, 3D2Y Usopp... heck, even Log Usopp is good for certain teams.

Don't underestimate the usefulness of the two extra sockets. Not many places need two uses of delay special. Don't forget the 10% damage cut from SW Usopp's special as well.

EDIT: I guess I should also point out the slot synergy with Heracles'n special by being a QCK unit. The 1300 more HP than GP Usopp also benefits SW Ace special. Get your SW Usopp ready for when we all pull SW Ace tomorrow.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Don't underestimate the usefulness of the two extra sockets. Not many places need two uses of delay special. Don't forget the 10% damage cut from SW Usopp's special as well.

EDIT: I guess I should also point out the slot synergy with Heracles'n special by being a QCK unit. The 1300 more HP than GP Usopp also benefits SW Ace special. Get your SW Usopp ready for when we all pull SW Ace tomorrow.

At the very least, socketing a 4-socket character is less mind numbing than socketing another 2-socket character. Good thing there are plenty of options for socketing Usopps.

Oh, there's no question that SW Usopp is the best option for a SW Ace team, but I'm not betting on pulling SW Ace anytime soon. GPU finds a use on a lot of other teams, especially ones with already heavy socket concentrations and with teams with primary damage later in the chain like Rayleigh/G3.

Jayhawk

At the very least, socketing a 4-socket character is less mind numbing than socketing another 2-socket character. Good thing there are plenty of options for socketing Usopps.

Oh, there's no question that SW Usopp is the best option for a SW Ace team, but I'm not betting on pulling SW Ace anytime soon. GPU finds a use on a lot of other teams, especially ones with already heavy socket concentrations and with teams with primary damage later in the chain like Rayleigh/G3.

Both GP Usopp and SW Usopp have their uses but you were asking between socketing a 2nd GP Usopp and SW Usopp. The answer should be clear!

Top Bottom