• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

I like how legend Doffy is #1 sub and raid Doffy is #4 sub. Doffy reigns supreme for subs. GP Usopp is #10 sub.

I'm really curious how high GP Usopp would rank if he had 5 sockets + legendary-level stats but the same special.

Is he #10 cause he's a meh unit outside of an amazing special? Or are the other specials just amazing?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I'm really curious how high GP Usopp would rank if he had 5 sockets + legendary-level stats but the same special.

Is he #10 cause he's a meh unit outside of an amazing special? Or are the other specials just amazing?

There's also the prevalence of debuff protectors now, which inherent nerfed delayers as a whole. There will be some instances where he's actually useless.

Pretty much every other sub on that list has utility no matter what. So I'd say it's a combination of GPU literally only being his Special, and the other subs just having more consistent use.

But we all still know that GPU is vital regardless.

Jayhawk

The Sunny Go special counts towards this week's ranking. Was this always the case? It'd be good to use in the late stage with the turtle(s).
EDIT: Nevermind. Guy who posted it on Reddit was proven incorrect.

I've been abusing the Sunny Go special on my socket farming runs to finish off Afro Luffy after my first attack turn.

My Hancock now has +100 RCV candy, so now I've resorted to putting a few on my Log Luffy in place of some +HP candy since his teams make better use of it than putting them on Sengoku, Whitebeard, INTHawk or Rayleigh.

Kumo

I'm thinking of going heal/CD/defence on sogeking.

The only feasible reason to use him over golden pound is for fortnights were I know I won't use golden pound within 10 turns & I don't need level 3 bind/sockets.

Which is ... basically enel's raid right now.

What's everyone's suggestions for a 2nd golden pound btw?

My first one is bind/despair.

I know I want autoheal on my second one, but not sure about his second slot.

I went heal/orbs for training forests.

MANUELF

Banned
Im farming Baratie and it has been doing really well, I already got several copies of Johny, Carne and Patty plus my only copy of Fullbody but still no Zeff...

PS: Can anyone Help me completing a mission by putting Yosaku as their captain?

I forgot today was Penguin day and I need 5 Rainbow Robber Penguins from the easier stage. Shockingly, I got 3 of them in a row.

Edit: Got all 5 in only 7 runs. I sure hope I get this luck when I'm farming for Rainbow Hermit Crabs.

MANUELF

Banned
I forgot today was Penguin day and I need 5 Rainbow Robber Penguins from the easier stage. Shockingly, I got 3 of them in a row.

Edit: Got all 5 in only 7 runs. I sure hope I get this luck when I'm farming for Rainbow Hermit Crabs.

What sort of sorcery is this?

OT: So Chaos Colloseum is like a ultimate clash?

MANUELF

Banned
I just ran the higher stamina stage for a Rainbow Pirate Penguin... first run. o_O
You are a witch Ada
saw this team on redit for Smoker and it worked for me:
http://optc-db.github.io/damage/#/t...:99,418:99,836:99C13,10B200D0E80Q0L0G0R6S100H

my Kuma is at 0 so I replaced him with buggy and was fine

edit: use Kuma/Buggy on Ryuma, otko him. Attack Smoker twice, on the last turn use Rakuyo/Doffy/Urouge if you don't have the sockets to finish him off
211 cost O.O
My max cost is like 120

Kyou

211 cost O.O
My max cost is like 120

Yeah Coliseum requires the good stuff.

To give you an idea of the difficulty Smoker is only five stages long(so stalling becomes a problem), fight 4 is against Ryuuma who cuts your health by 99% and changes all your slots to meat with a 1 turn cooldown, then after him is a fight with Smoker with immunity up

I actually like this one because with the orb changing and health cut it means you can go into Ryuuma with whatever and it won't matter. Really takes some of the pain out of stalling when you can go in there with 2hp and be fine

RalchAC

I'm crying in a corner. I manages to get one after ~110 Robber penguins.

MANUELF

Banned
I'm crying in a corner. I manages to get one after ~110 Robber penguins.
I got two in my last three runs....
I guess 3 rainbow robber penguins will be enough for now

Also have you guys ever gotten a Story boss drop in your first run on a level? I got Shura first try in the second stage of Skypeia pt 2

RalchAC

I got two in my last three runs....
I guess 3 rainbow robber penguins will be enough for now

Also have you guys ever gotten a Story boss drop in your first run on a level? I got Shura first try in the second stage of Skypeia pt 2

Lately I've been running some early story islands for their quests and I have got a Kuro and Krieg drop. Like, I've run their stage once.

I remember people doing a hundred runs to get Kuro when the game had just launched. I decided to waste my life looking for Zeff :p

TheShah

SW Ace carried me through the colosseum this time. Bring Blackbeard along for when Ryuma takes away 99% of your health is really helpful. I wish we had a shooter boat like we do for strikers and slashers though.

Hana-Bi

Man rng is evil sometimes... Made 4 dragon island runs today. I really want some purple dragons and got in my first three runs always a purple dragon on stage 1. But of course no drop. My fourth run, yellow dragon, drop...

MANUELF

Banned
Man rng is evil sometimes... Made 4 dragon island runs today. I really want some purple dragons and got in my first three runs always a purple dragon on stage 1. But of course no drop. My fourth run, yellow dragon, drop...
The worst part is when you need the final boss drop and they dont, happened to me and the rainbow dragon

Tidd

Look at this beautiful SW Ace. I knew that someday his day would come! And all my Investments are starting to pay off.
tMoy7AV.jpg

Guess the next will be Whitebeard? Or maybe a non-legend character that I use more often than WB.

Time for a little math lesson. :p
A colosseum round lasts for 9 days. Smoker needs 12 skill ups which should be 60 copies to max him. You get 288 stamina for one day. This would be 9 copies per day. 9 copies*9days would be 81 copies of Smoker for 3 weeks, not counting skill book drops. So if there is only one interesting character it seems like you don't need to gem.

MiTYH

Time for a little math lesson. :p
A colosseum round lasts for 9 days. Smoker needs 12 skill ups which should be 60 copies to max him. You get 288 stamina for one day. This would be 9 copies per day. 9 copies*9days would be 81 copies of Smoker for 3 weeks, not counting skill book drops. So if there is only one interesting character it seems like you don't need to gem.

Does this account stamina for the early rounds it takes to get up to the final boss?

Otherwise, nice math!

Tidd

Does this account stamina for the early rounds it takes to get up to the final boss?

Otherwise, nice math!

No, it doesn't, I knew I forgot something...but it should only be 3 copies less. Of course this means you completely ignore Hina. But the occasional skill book drops should make up for it.

Jayhawk

Did a couple of stages of coliseum before looking at the pirate exp gain. Gross. Back to half stamina fortnights! 180 stamina will be mine.

EDIT: The JP version just teased out what is probably a Hallowe'en version of Kalifa. So, sockets for my RR Kalifa... or I have to skill and socket her up as a Sengoku sub.

Majukun

anyone completed chaos smoker with a team that doesn't need a legend or g3 captain?

the double squard team i had in mind in the end it's way less reliable than i thought it would be,and i don't like to farm with g3,even if it works flawlessly..so i was looking for other teams...i saw there's a zephyr + sw ace one on gamewith but i don't understand well how it's supposed to work from the translation.

bjork

anyone completed chaos smoker with a team that doesn't need a legend or g3 captain?

the double squard team i had in mind in the end it's way less reliable than i thought it would be,and i don't like to farm with g3,even if it works flawlessly..so i was looking for other teams...i saw there's a zephyr + sw ace one on gamewith but i don't understand well how it's supposed to work from the translation.

You could probably roll a Towel Nami team through there with a Marco sub for his special post-Ryuma?

edit - now that I say that, I don't think stalling would be possible for his special. Maybe an Enel team?

RedBoot

Finding Smoker to be much, much easier than Urouge was, but I think that's mostly because I just have better suited units for him. Running Double Sengoku, Breed, Mirage Tempo Nami, GP Usopp, and PSY Enel. I use GP on Ryuma, at which point a few turns of punching plus Breed's special on the final turn takes him out. With Smoker, I just smack him around, use Nami to block his first hit, and burst him after his shield wears off. Reasonably quick team, and there's not really any luck required.

Also finally saw Heracles'n on my first Smoker run, so that singular run got me 7 socket books (two drops plus the five from the reward).

Gonna clear out Chaos Hina then it's all Smoker all the time.

Tidd

Starting around the 2:00:00 mark is the Z + SW Ace team in action. (Now with timestamp) https://www.twitch.tv/zeenigami/v/93248161?t=120m00s He still needs to edit and upload it to youtube.

Quick run down:
Ryuma
1st turn: Heal up with the meat and take the hit
2nd turn: Use GPU
3+ turns: slowly kill him, be careful: he will despair you <50% (lv. 3 despair sockets help a lot, but is not necessary)

Smoker:
1st turn: Use Heracles for matching INT, DEX and PSY orbs, lock them with Ace (be sure to have above 1200HP for the normal hit (or above 4000HP if you get Smoker <20%), use Zephyr and attack, try to keep him about 50% HP
2nd turn: attack, keep him above 20% if you don't have 4000HP
3rd turn: Use Perona, under 50% Smoker get's a "cut damage" debuff, so just attack him and take the hit
4+turn: Use Enel and kill him

Majukun

Starting around the 2:00:00 mark is the Z + SW Ace team in action. https://www.twitch.tv/zeenigami/v/93248161 He still needs to edit and upload it to youtube.

Quick run down:
Ryuma
1st turn: Heal up with the meat and take the hit
2nd turn: Use GPU
3+ turns: slowly kill him, be careful: he will despair you <50% (lv. 3 despair sockets help a lot, but is not necessary)

Smoker:
1st turn: Use Heracles for matching INT, DEX and PSY orbs, lock them with Ace (be sure to have above 1200HP for the normal hit (or above 4000HP if you get Smoker <20%), use Zephyr and attack, try to keep him about 50% HP
2nd turn: attack, keep him above 20% if you don't have 4000HP
3rd turn: Use Perona, under 50% Smoker get's a "cut damage" debuff, so just attack him and take the hit
4+turn: Use Enel and kill him

thanks,i'll check it out

RedBoot

Are socket book drops only in chaos, or is the rate just lower outside of chaos?

I think they're just lower outside of Chaos. I'm pretty sure I got one while clearing out Rebecca or Lucky Roux last time. You can also get Heracles'n on any difficulty.

But I suspect those are pretty low rates, so if you can do Chaos, do Chaos. I think farming the Colo is going to replace farming the new fortnight for high-level players when they have nothing else to do, just due to the potential rewards.

bjork

I think they're just lower outside of Chaos. I'm pretty sure I got one while clearing out Rebecca or Lucky Roux last time. You can also get Heracles'n on any difficulty.

But I suspect those are pretty low rates, so if you can do Chaos, do Chaos. I think farming the Colo is going to replace farming the new fortnight for high-level players when they have nothing else to do, just due to the potential rewards.

I remember last time, I had no problems in the early rounds of Rebecca's chaos, but I don't recall a book drop. This time, it seems Hotori/Kotori is my easy one.

[edit - fed all my socket books to Bartolemeo, ended up with 2 lock/1 cd/4 autoheal/1 orb/1 poison. I could've had 4 map damage but who wants that?]

bjork

I remember starting Dokkan Battle when it came out, just in case I needed to do something on the DBZ end, in the event of this crossover. Then I summoned a bunch of Chichis and gave my account away. Do I need one for this?

MiTYH

I remember starting Dokkan Battle when it came out, just in case I needed to do something on the DBZ end, in the event of this crossover. Then I summoned a bunch of Chichis and gave my account away. Do I need one for this?

Shouldn't need it, no. IIRC for OPTC, you get Tomes from a Frieza island.

Also Dokkan get's their own event, it has Doffy as a villain I believe. I forget what the rewards are though

Tidd

Nah, you're good with just OPTC. Japan had a kill counter with how much Friezas they could beat and got different rewards for that. Like the event we had with Zephyr. Furthermore you could get tomes, cotton candy and skill books (Boa, Whitebeard, Rayleigh, Sengoku, log characters except Luffy, and other straw hats). Though the droprate was really low according to gamewith. 7% for tomes and 1% for legend books.

bjork

Log skillbooks, I was just complaining about the lack of those

I guess complaining on the internet really does work!

Top Bottom