• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
I thought about adopting the double Doffy team with a low cooldown friend, which I'm guessing I probably have 3-4 people on my friends list who have that, to try and farm Enel but realistically my goal isn't to just farm Enel, but to farm him in the easiest most efficient way possible. As much as I like this game, slogging through a raid farming session with a sub-optimal team is a giant chore and I loathe having to do it unless I have no other choice. I'll be content to farm Enel when I can run a Mihawk/Doffy team off of my own maxed Doffy.

This raid already reminds me of Ivankov, there wasn't an optimal team to farm him either and I recall running a hybrid team myself. The only benefit was we had the skill up rate going on when he was here so it generally took players very few/fewer copies.

by the way, someone managed to max his Doffy with the green turtle time? I only got him to Lv 80..seems like he needs tons of xp to max...

Evolved form of Doffy requires 4 million XP total, which is actually 1 million less than the usual 5 million XP for evolved raid bosses. There was a specific reason for this, but I can't remember. If you're at LV80 now, you still have 2 more million XP to go.

RalchAC

I couldn't do those Green Turtle Times. Guess I'll have to gem on the Monday one in order to be able to level up my Doffy...

Heng

Regular asura zoro or lion song?
Most likely Ashura since he has the highest attack of those 2 and Lion Song Zoro's special isn't worth mentioning here.

For those with max special Doflamingo, there's a team you could make that would work really well. Ashura Zoro as captain, friend Mihawk, Doflamingo, Mihawk, Miss Doublefinger, and Law and use the coffin boat. Their burst can easily deal 2 million damage, their health will be around 44k, and you wouldn't have to stall when you get to him.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Started playing this game because someone recommeded on the Gaming Forum, and Jesus Christ, its a drug lol

It's pretty damn good, most gacha games I lose interest real quick. I play Record Keeper sometimes (good thing login rewards are cumulative) and Terra Battle.

One of the problems with Record Keeper is the auto battle option, it really takes you off the game since it's basically playing itself (yes for tough battles you need to turn off auto battle but it's just for some battles), this game doesn't have auto battle so the fights feel a lot more hands-on by forcing you to you know, play. Terra Battle has a good battle system, but the game is so stingy with its premium currency, this game is a lot more generous you get rare fruits fairly often so it doesn't feel like the game is pushing you towards spending money. Also this game is constantly giving you units, and in battles enemies can drop units, terra battle has none of this only way to get cool units is by amassing its premium currency and then doing a pull, the units you get from battles are almost always universally shitty.

Another problem with Record Keeper is all this crap about getting equipment and then upgrading it, it feels too much like you are looking at the screen trying to make a decision about which equipment or magic to upgrade and that obviously cuts down on the playing time. This game doesn't suffer from that since you just power your units in a very intuitive and simple way.

Basically Bandai Namco skipped on all those fluff systems, and brought the fun.

chrono01

Started playing this game because someone recommeded on the Gaming Forum, and Jesus Christ, its a drug lol
It's really cool seeing more people start this game.

Also, I agree, it's an amazing game and that's not just restricted to mobile either. It's incredible on its own, especially if you're already a fan of One Piece. If you're not, well...it might just make you one!

Error

Gear 3rd Luffy is an awesome unit, the Captain passive is insane. So glad I got this unit lol.

chrono01

Finally! That Kimono Nami...

LQR6dvB.jpg

However...

Stop judging me, frog!

Kimono Nami is a classy gal. I don't think she'd appreciate an audience.

Oh, for those with a max skilled Marco and no max-skilled Doflamingo, apparently there's a team build you can use for 60-stamina.

Doflamingo/Doflamingo
Law
Mihawk
Marco
GP Usopp

It seems to work out okay, going by this video. I might give it a try myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElWTwosMehI

Mihawk/Doffy works as well. I've been advocating the team since Enel was announced but everyone seems to think it doesn't work for some reason.

Majukun

Kimono Nami is a classy gal. I don't think she'd appreciate an audience.

Oh, for those with a max skilled Marco and no max-skilled Doflamingo, apparently there's a team build you can use for 60-stamina.

Doflamingo/Doflamingo
Law
Mihawk
Marco
GP Usopp

It seems to work out okay, going by this video. I might give it a try myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElWTwosMehI
you can also swap Crocodile for law as long as you are ready to reset the game until Croco's skill gives you at least 2 green orbs to swap with Doffy.. problem for Me is that it might need a max level Doffy, and I will not be able to max the dude for the 21 without gemming turtle time.. but at that point I might as well gem for him once.

Error

What's the best place to farm Alvida? I tried Alvida's Hideout and all I got were fodder drops, even with the drop rate x2 buff.

Was thinking about Loguetown, there's a drop rate buff x2 there for tomorrow I believe.

RedBoot

What's the best place to farm Alvida? I tried Alvida's Hideout and all I got were fodder drops, even with the drop rate x2 buff.

Was thinking about Loguetown, there's a drop rate buff x2 there for tomorrow I believe.

Farm her on whichever has the drop boost, but I actually think she drops more often in Alvida's Hideout. I got her to drop there like 3 times when I was doing the missions.

That being said, her fortnight should be back in about a week, so if you can't get her in story mode, she drops a lot more often there.

RalchAC

We're getting the Buggy fortnight tomorrow, which was the first one released.

We should get Alvida's after that. Wait 1 week and you won't need to endure her painful droprate. If you want to farm him ASAP, go to the last stage in Alvida's Hideout.

The original Fortnight order was:

Buggy, Alvida, Kuro, Krieg and Arlong. Both Arlong and Alvida are awesome subs that veteran players still use, so farm them when their special Islands release!

RedBoot

Buggy, Alvida, Kuro, Krieg and Arlong. Both Arlong and Alvida are awesome subs that veteran players still use, so farm them when their special Islands release!

Buggy's also a good INT captain if you don't have a better RR unit, and Krieg's got good stats (also one of the better INT shooters since we still don't have Zephyr), so it's worth grabbing them both as they come around. I guess it's actually good timing for a new player. :)

Kuro kinda sucks, sadly. You'll be running his fortnight for GP books anyway, though. :p

HabeeNo

Welcome to gacha. Hide yo kids. Hide yo wallets

It's pretty damn good, most gacha games I lose interest real quick. I play Record Keeper sometimes (good thing login rewards are cumulative) and Terra Battle.

One of the problems with Record Keeper is the auto battle option, it really takes you off the game since it's basically playing itself (yes for tough battles you need to turn off auto battle but it's just for some battles), this game doesn't have auto battle so the fights feel a lot more hands-on by forcing you to you know, play. Terra Battle has a good battle system, but the game is so stingy with its premium currency, this game is a lot more generous you get rare fruits fairly often so it doesn't feel like the game is pushing you towards spending money. Also this game is constantly giving you units, and in battles enemies can drop units, terra battle has none of this only way to get cool units is by amassing its premium currency and then doing a pull, the units you get from battles are almost always universally shitty.

Another problem with Record Keeper is all this crap about getting equipment and then upgrading it, it feels too much like you are looking at the screen trying to make a decision about which equipment or magic to upgrade and that obviously cuts down on the playing time. This game doesn't suffer from that since you just power your units in a very intuitive and simple way.

Basically Bandai Namco skipped on all those fluff systems, and brought the fun.

It's really cool seeing more people start this game.

Also, I agree, it's an amazing game and that's not just restricted to mobile either. It's incredible on its own, especially if you're already a fan of One Piece. If you're not, well...it might just make you one!

Haha thanks for the warm welcome guys! I used to watch One Piece but stopped back on Thriller Bark lol

One question, when building a team, should I make a mix of all colors, but pick only one "fighting style"? For example: One red, one blue, one green, one yellow, one purp, but all Slashers

RedBoot

One question, when building a team, should I make a mix of all colors, but pick only one "fighting style"? For example: One red, one blue, one green, one yellow, one purp, but all Slashers

If you've got a slasher-specific lead, sure (Mihawk, Doflamingo, and Arlong are probably the most common ones for slashers). Though sometimes you'll want to build to the quests: I use more QUI and STR slashers in the current fortnight since Kimono Luffy and Zoro are STR and DEX.

You'll find that you'll be building new teams all the time. That's why keeping up with the events and getting as many characters as you can is important, it'll give you more options for team-building.

Haha thanks for the warm welcome guys! I used to watch One Piece but stopped back on Thriller Bark lol

In almost all cases your available captains determine your teams.

Just look at their ability to see what they boost & make sure your crew matches.

Only exception is usually golden pound usopp as he's so gloriously good you just put him on nearly any team to improve it.

Majukun

decided to prepare a blackbeard team for next time doflamingo shows up..the monster chopper one was a bit unreliable
maxxed the marine ship with circa 320 cola (14 failed attempt)...have to level up teach to max..for his special i have a bunch of copies waiting for the skillup event to bring him "around" 20 CD and all should be set and done
for enel i'm resigned on gemming if i don't have luck on 30 and 40 stamina...dofla is at level 82 atm..i doubt i'll be able to max him in time..not without a surge of green turtles..but the guy it's worth one gem to revive

Salex_

I'm so glad I started playing this game and finally gave One Piece a chance.

Just saw episode 396
where Luffy punches a Celestial Dragon. That was BY FAR the most satisfying moment I ever seen in an anime. Re-introducing Hachi and somehow getting me to really care about the character in just a few episodes, seemingly minor characters appearing only to end up being important characters 50+ episodes later (like Rayleigh), re-introducing old chars, etc. I really love the storytelling.
Also, It's cool to see and learn about the characters I thought were interesting based on their design in the game.

Error

Just saw episode 396
where Luffy punches a Celestial Dragon. That was BY FAR the most satisfying moment I ever seen in an anime. Re-introducing Hachi and somehow getting me to really care about the character in just a few episodes, seemingly minor characters appearing only to end up being important characters 50+ episodes later (like Rayleigh), re-introducing old chars, etc. I really love the storytelling.
Also, It's cool to see and learn about the characters I thought were interesting based on their design in the game.

One of the greatest moments in any entertaiment media (movies, tv shows, anime etc..) ever to me, the build up was incredible and then the payoff with that punch. Oda knows how to develop villains you love to hate and then gives you the moment you want, that is for the good guy to beat the shit out of the bad guy and it never feels cheap or unwarranted there's an incredible build up behind that massive payoff. I'm impressed at how good he is at that. Dude is a genius, no question about it.

I'm currently catching up with the manga, watching the anime (pacing is bad but the adaptation is pretty much panel for panel so might as well watch it animated) Dressrosa arc kind of drags at parts but god there are so many amazing moments. Not going to spoil anything, this series is just something special.

Qmzn

Neo Member
Yeah, guess I'll wait for the fortnight.

That's a sound strategy. Alvida #3 is my go-to stage for bleeding off stamina before a Pirate Level Up, because of the baby seahorse and the slim, slim chance at Alvida. I've done multiple Drop x2 days in Global and Japan, and I see one Alvida every thirty to forty runs. It's... not great.

Also, keep in mind that while Fat Alvida dupes don't raise her skill level, as we get close to version 4.0 in Global, you'll probably want to save them to put something good in her Ability slot (most likely healing).

Yeah, I hear that. I stopped right before Thriller Bark, then came back to the manga after a long hiatus. The show's still got issues with story arcs being taffy pulled longer than they should, but Oda's finally stopped jerking around with all these side trips, and has Luffy back kicking ass all the way to the top of the pirate heap.

Like Neorice said, depends on what Captain skills you have available. Matching units by their types without a Captain (or ship) that boosts them doesn't get you far.

Captains that boost fighting styles are usually preferable to ones that boost a particular color-coded type, because you can mix and match. Slasher has been consistently strong since the game started, and still is. It's usually a good idea to start leveling Slashers when starting out, in preparation for the next time Mihawk comes around, as he's one of the best Slasher captains.

To get Mihawk without blowing a lot of gems, though, you'll need a passable STR team. If you level Gear 2nd Luffy (third evolve of the freebie Luffy they give you), then pair him with strong STR units such as Arlong, plus Golden Pound Usopp to buy some time, you can usually limp into a Mihawk win on Expert difficulty.

In short, I'd say this is starting advice for anyone: Level and evolve Luffy (and/or Arlong, if you can get him), level some other STR units, and get Golden Pound Usopp ASAP. Start amassing story mode gems and cola. Save your cola for Going Merry upgrades (story drop), save the gems for the first Mihawk appearance. Get Mihawk, build a Slasher team, then start expanding your options with freebie fortnight units and gems.

Or you could just reroll during Sugo to start with Sengoku. I'd say that's the easiest of easy modes in Global right now. Maybe even in Japan, although 6* Mihawk's solid too. Some might say to start with G3 Luffy or Voyage Log Luffy, but that's not exactly a stress-free experience...

"WHAT THE HELL? WAS THAT LAG? I HIT THAT PERFECT, DAMN IT! NO, I WILL NOT SPEND A GEM TO CONTINUE YOU STUPID F-"

Oh, and, uh, welcome to all new thread people. We are on the cruise, and stuff. Pirates, Devil Fruit, let's sailing.

HabeeNo

Thanks for all the advice you guys lol Based on the replies I'm assuming that we cant have character loyalty, unless we want to run a team around him/her haha

Also, do you guys always use the jobbers we win by playing the story to upgrade any Super Rare and up characters? Also, given that we always change teams, I'd assume that we should always keep any characters we win on the Rare Recruit

Just saw episode 396

Oh man, you made me go back and watch that episode again. I've seen it multiple times now, but the end never ceases to put the biggest grin on my face.

Kyou

I just noticed that the transponder snail increased chance of meat event coincides with Enel's raid

that's uncharacteristically nice of them

Heng

Thanks for all the advice you guys lol Based on the replies I'm assuming that we cant have character loyalty, unless we want to run a team around him/her haha

Also, do you guys always use the jobbers we win by playing the story to upgrade any Super Rare and up characters? Also, given that we always change teams, I'd assume that we should always keep any characters we win on the Rare Recruit
You keep most of the characters from rare recruit, some of them are pretty lame (the strawhats that you get for free for doing the story and most versions of Sanji).

I'm not sure what you mean by jobbers, do you mean evolvers or the bronze/regular/silver units you get from each chapters? The generic units are used to feed your string characters and evolvers are used to evolve certain units.

ElChado

Neo Member

Generally the fodder pirates that drop on your adventure can be used to power up your units or sold. The rule of thumb people use is when you try to power up a unit, look at how much beli(or gold) it will cost you, and compare it to the experience it will give, if it costs more than the experience you will get, don't do it, sell the fodder unit instead.

However i would advise you keep some that have specials that convert orbs, they can come in handy later, such as the red marine who converts quick orbs to strength orbs. You can also fill holes in your team with these fodder pirates. Say you were building a Slasher team with a leader that boosts slashers, but your cost isnt enough to fit all your strong guys, or you dont have enough strong guys, you can fill the holes with the low cost fodder pirates.

It's also generally a good idea to keep any unit you get from the rare recruit. Speaking of rare recruit i'd advise you highly to not pull any unit until there is a sugofest occuring-which is the 24 hour event where legendary units can be pulled that evolve to 6 star forms-then you can go crazy if you desire units and try your luck.

One final thing, you say we can't have character loyalty? We totally can if you really really want that unit on your team. there's one person i've seen fit the character Hachi on teams to defeat the 24 hour raids. It's easier to simply run a team where that unit works though.

Firestorm

One of the greatest moments in any entertaiment media (movies, tv shows, anime etc..) ever to me, the build up was incredible and then the payoff with that punch. Oda knows how to develop villains you love to hate and then gives you the moment you want, that is for the good guy to beat the shit out of the bad guy and it never feels cheap or unwarranted there's an incredible build up behind that massive payoff. I'm impressed at how good he is at that. Dude is a genius, no question about it.

I'm currently catching up with the manga, watching the anime (pacing is bad but the adaptation is pretty much panel for panel so might as well watch it animated) Dressrosa arc kind of drags at parts but god there are so many amazing moments. Not going to spoil anything, this series is just something special.
It's insane how early some of the threads Oda started are. Only really noticing it during the re-read. Going to have to do another when the series is finished for sure.

Qmzn

Neo Member
Also, do you guys always use the jobbers we win by playing the story to upgrade any Super Rare and up characters?

Well, it depends. There's sort of loose tiers that units in Treasure Cruise fall into. The question comes up somewhat often, and despite the top post having much of this info, I've been wanting to type my own TL;DR version of the answer:

At the bottom, there's basic units with generic names, like "Fighter Group Cabin Boy" (probably what you mean by jobbers). These groups are often made up of same sprite, painted different colors. You can use them to level up rarer units early on, but at advanced levels, you will usually sell them, as they aren't nearly as cost-effective for leveling as "Booster" units. In some rare circumstances, however, these characters show up in teams, often as substitutions for units you don't have, such as STR Giant instead of Arlong or Kidd, or QCK Baroque Millions for Lulu.

Then there's units that usually drop only in Story Mode, such as Laboon, PSY Enel, and INT Brogy. Some are minor characters, but as the story goes on, major characters start to show up. Some of these units are really good--especially villains such as Crocodile. Most are mediocre, and some are terrible. Some of the earlier story units also had dedicated fortnights, such as Alvida and Kuro. All of them, even the crappy ones, can be exceedingly difficult to collect, due to a cruel RNG that dictates the drop rates. On rare occasion, are events where certain story-only units are available in Friend Point Recruit. These events are the number one reason to save Friend Points.

Next are units that drop in fortnight events, such as QCK Kaku and DEX Perona. The end bosses of these stages tend to be solid units, with decent HP and damage, while the mid-bosses can be anything from useless to essential. The exception is mid-bosses that randomly appear, such as Kimono Nami or Paulie. These tend to be above-average units, often superior to the bosses themselves. Most mid-level teams are primarily comprised of fortnight units.

Raid bosses typically show up for 24 hours. They are always strong, high-cost units, and typically powerful captains, such as DEX MIhawk. Some are essential to success, especially when used as stepping stones to take down other raid bosses. High-end teams almost always have one or two of these.

Rare Recruit exclusive units are some of the best available. This group includes legendary 6* units such as Strong World Shanks and Whitebeard, which, properly used, stomp most of the content in the game. However, some characters you will get from Rare Recruit are not exclusives. It also contains the basic Straw Hat Pirates, and all their potential evolutions--Hot Rock Stew Sanji, for example. There are also early story/fortnight units in there, such as Don Krieg, Arlong, and the dreaded Chore Boy Coby.

Beyond that, there's Evolver units, such as seahorses and crabs, and Booster units, such as turtles and pigs. These units are saved for improving rare characters, and rarely fielded. There are promotional units that show up directly in your inbox, such as Chopperman, but Global hasn't had many of these. From time to time, they also give away existing units in promos, such as extra base Straw Hats. There's also a few units that are primarily found in Friend Point Recruit, such as Yosaku and Hiking Bear. In Japan, there's Colosseum units, but those won't be hitting Global for a while.

So, in my opinion, the best plan of attack is this: Save unique story and fortnight units, especially ones with Captain Abilities, Specials, and secondary evolutions, at least until you have a better grasp of the game. Figuring out which ones are junk takes experience, and as long as you steadily upgrade your character box, you shouldn't have storage issues for a few months.

Always save any duplicate Straw Hat pirate. You will want them when version 4.0 lands--especially Zoro and Luffy. It's okay to evolve them to fill out the slots in your character box. If you get an extra Sanji, evolve him to Plastic Surgery Shot, then keep him around, to evolve a certain raid boss.

There are also a few units you will not want to evolve, at least not until you have a duplicate. The most notable ones are Streaming Wolf Swords Zoro, Mirage Tempo Nami, and Golden Pound Usopp, or anyone else that loses a powerful special upon evolution. Also, if you get a 4* Rare Recruit exclusive that evolves into a 5* you already have, and evolving to the 5* form would give the unit a cost higher than 20, I would definitely consider keeping the 4* duplicate around. If you get Sengoku, who boosts any character with a sub-20 cost, a collection of such units can form powerful teams few others can use.

ElChado

Neo Member
Well, it depends. There's sort of loose tiers that units in Treasure Cruise fall into. The question comes up somewhat often, and despite the top post having much of this info, I've been wanting to type my own TL;DR version of the answer:.

That did not look like a TL;DR.

I finally got a copy of kimono nami, now i just have to get enough books to maybe max her next skill up while not running out of space to keep some enel copies if i can run it fine.

Tidd

What is wrong with the cool downs of the new fortnight characters for japan? o_O Jimbe starts at 27, Mr. 1 at 28 and Buggy at 32. That is some raidboss tier level except they aren't great. lol

RalchAC

What is wrong with the cool downs of the new fortnight characters for japan? o_O Jimbe starts at 27, Mr. 1 at 28 and Buggy at 32. That is some raidboss tier level except they aren't great. lol

It's a trend that weve started seeing on Global already. I guess they want people to spend gems either in farming or box upgrading.

Top Bottom