• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Tidd

Yay, got Marguerite first try. :D

There's some tough stages in Amazon Lily. Already died a couple times. Luckily the stages are short and actually cost less stamina than some recent islands.

Protip: Pretty much every Amazon warrior will do something when at roughly half health or so. Try and just take characters out in one shot, even if you have to take a hit.

dat 6 enemies, all with a 13-hit combo shield... I believe that would've killed me if I didn't use my OP Ace team. xD

Kyou

Jinbei's broken sprite in Ace's forest is super distracting

edit: it's super great to be unable to get a single red orb for like seven turns and lose against Ace :DD

Thanks matching orbs level 2!

god the first ~12 levels in this are so fucking slow

Hana-Bi

Will try Ace forest later today. Lucci drop rate is a lot better than Croc. At least for me right now (hopefully I didn't jinxed it now).

Kyou

Four money bags so far. :/

I like to think money bags mean I'm getting close. It's the only way to not cry.

(EDIT: As usual, complaining on the Internet works wonders. Now to move on to the Boas).
Okay let me try formally complaining:

3 stamina bars for 3 peronas is ridiculous

I've been using dupes / books as I get them in my farming of Dead End FN.

Maxed
Whitey Bay - 6/25
Franky - 6/35
Gasparde - 8/40, 5/5/5/5 Lock/Despair/Heal/DMGR
Shuraiya, 2/2 Lock/Despair
Needless, 5 Heal
Crocus

WIP
3D2Y Zoro - 3/37
Giant Perona - 4/28
Brook - 3 skill ups

I didn't keep track of how many books / dupes I used for Shuraiya, Needless, Brook and Crocus.

This is the only opportunity to get Zoro's books, right?

He started out great, 2/12 or so. Then he got stingy big time, >_<. I wanted to be done with this FN today but I think I'll farm out another 25 Zoro books and hold them out until the next skill up. G. Perona and Brook's specials are at low enough CDs to be useable already. So, I'll just feed them any of their books I get and hope to hit max before I get my Zoro books.

Majukun

today was THE day

pK6aGfz.jpg
bNYDcfk.jpg

JaO6J2j.jpg
xslyrZV.jpg

TheShah

Went into Ace forest with no guides and no idea what to expect with a SW Ace team and just brute force cleared it! I feel the power of having a legend captain for once. Maxed the ship with a 100 cola.

Back to farming SW Ace books. 8 books in 8 days of farming nothing but Dead End fortnight. Only need 2 more skill ups though.

MiTYH

300 stamina into my legend lucci socketing quest. So far:

- 4 Lucci (gave me 1bind, 1 slot, 1 charge, and resilience)
- 5 Kaku (1 special up, and 1 bind socket)
- 1 Lulu

Things I don't like about this fortnight:
- 10 stages. They're easy, but man, 10 is a slog and it means selling off fodder more often
- No pigs!
- I don't need any skill books. Marco, Ace are already maxed out. Might as well get Gin to max I guess...

At least double doffy and easy. It's gonna be a griiiind.

What's the best sockets for Kaku? Right now mine's 2/5 bind and 4/5 slot rate, just from what I got last time I guess

Tidd

Yes, it's the first option on the gem tab.

edit: does global have lobster cavern now ?

NO :(
I need 211932109... Or at least 1 green to evolve my SW cotton candy Chopper to feed all the halloween copies I have without wasting one socket.

Adeptrain

If anyone's awake right now, could someone please add me and put a rainbow unit your captain for a little while? I'm trying to the rainbow unit mission. Thanks.

My ID: 492,383,762

RedBoot

Got Marco with the free pull. :/ Oh well, my legend Marco got a decent socket out of it. More importantly, with those gems I've now got 900 box space, which will hopefully hold me for a while. Might go up to 1000 if we don't get a skill up somewhat soon though. Most of what I'm running in the next few weeks is for sockets, but I know I'll be hoarding Colo Hawkins at the very least, so I might need more space if I go for a lot of him.

Majukun

i would be tempted to buy gems for the first time if they made you choose what RR you get instead of making you pull..i only need law

i would be tempted to but gems for the first time if they made you choose what RR you get instead of making you pull..i only need law

That's basically my rule with games like this.

Do I love this game enough to spend some money on it and support it? heck yeah.

Do I love this game enough to spend money on a gambling feature? hell no BD

If they ever introduce a beginner's set that allows you to *pick* a RR unit, I'll bite.

MANUELF

Banned
That's basically my rule with games like this.

Do I love this game enough to spend some money on it and support it? heck yeah.

Do I love this game enough to spend money on a gambling feature? hell no BD

If they ever introduce a beginner's set that allows you to *pick* a RR unit, I'll bite.

If you are a beginner like this set is directed to then is totally worth it, I didnt have any of the free pulls so anyone would have been amazing

bjork

Ran most of Amazon Lily with a Bartolomeo team, but I sure whiffed hard on the one with the two snake ladies at the end. I still need to run the final stage, but then it's time to get after all those FNs. I don't even know where to prioritize. Probably Lucci since it's been months, I guess?

RedBoot

Yeah, I wouldn't buy the Beginner Set for the pull unless you truly are a beginner and don't have the majority of the units. I was only missing Luffy, but as I said, I wasn't expecting to get him. I bought it for the gems, and that was for box space. They did a good job timing it after a box space increase, I guess. :p

All the money I've spent on this game has been buying gems for box space, and I think that's worth it. It's the only real permanent and guaranteed upgrade you can buy.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Got Marco with the free pull. :/ Oh well, my legend Marco got a decent socket out of it. More importantly, with those gems I've now got 900 box space, which will hopefully hold me for a while. Might go up to 1000 if we don't get a skill up somewhat soon though. Most of what I'm running in the next few weeks is for sockets, but I know I'll be hoarding Colo Hawkins at the very least, so I might need more space if I go for a lot of him.

I need Marco... :( Ended up with a dupe Kuma.

Yeah, I wouldn't buy the Beginner Set for the pull unless you truly are a beginner and don't have the majority of the units. I was only missing Luffy, but as I said, I wasn't expecting to get him. I bought it for the gems, and that was for box space. They did a good job timing it after a box space increase, I guess. :p
Same here. More box space is always useful. Luffy was the only one on the list that I didn't have, but I bought it and pulled Law. I'll just hold on to him for 300 points way off in the future.

RedBoot

Got Boa Marigold. Now comes the part where I wish the sisters were actually in separate stages, because there's really no good way to "focus" on getting Sandersonia. I was running stage 9 initially, but I'm thinking I might switch to stage 8 just so that there's no chance of Marigold "overtaking" a Sandersonia drop, even though I'm pretty sure it doesn't really work like that.

Amusingly, I find stage 9 to be a lot easier than stage 8. Though on 8 I get to use the Kung Fu Dugongs, who have one of the best special animations in the game. :p

Majukun

Got Boa Marigold. Now comes the part where I wish the sisters were actually in separate stages, because there's really no good way to "focus" on getting Sandersonia. I was running stage 9 initially, but I'm thinking I might switch to stage 8 just so that there's no chance of Marigold "overtaking" a Sandersonia drop, even though I'm pretty sure it doesn't really work like that.

Amusingly, I find stage 9 to be a lot easier than stage 8. Though on 8 I get to use the Kung Fu Dugongs, who have one of the best special animations in the game. :p

what team are you using? i find th last stage too frustrating to be fun to repeat thousands of times to farm the two sisters,but maybe there's an easier team than the one i'm using

Hana-Bi

I think I won't farm those sisters. I got Marguerite so I'm done with this island for now. :)

Need to farm Lucci and hopefully won't feed those copies to legend and story Lucci and not fn Lucci...

RedBoot

what team are you using? i find th last stage too frustrating to be fun to repeat thousands of times to farm the two sisters,but maybe there's an easier team than the one i'm using

I'm using Double Sengoku, Arlong, Alvida, Summer Perona, and GP Usopp, but Sengoku isn't required. The main goal is to have:

-GP Usopp
-A damage reducer
-Either a second damage reducer or boosted HP, be it from a captain (SW Ace, Legend Jimbei) or an advanced ship (Coffin Ship, Bike, Striker, etc)
-Anti-Despair helps, though you don't need to be level 3 or anything. You won't be doing good damage for a few turns anyway, so you might be able to get away with none at all

When you get to the sisters, they despair you, give you shitty orbs, and put up 3 turns of defense and debuff resistance.

-Target Sandersonia (the green one) and attack, mostly just to clear out the bad orbs.

-Sandersonia will now be at 1 turn. Use a damage reducer or tank Sandersonia's hit if you have boosted HP.

-Marigold is now at 1 turn. You definitely want to use a damage reducer since Marigold hits hard.

-After her attack, the defense/debuff shields are down, and your despair should be gone. After using Usopp, Sonia will be at 4 turns and Mari at 6, which should be enough time to burst them both down. Mari will poison you at under 50%, but you should only be a turn or two away at that point so it won't matter.

So for an example, a slasher team of Double Mihawk, Arlong, Mr. 1, a QCK slasher, and Usopp using the coffin boat would probably have no issue (especially since you'd have Mihawk's health cuts to use).

I think I won't farm those sisters. I got Marguerite so I'm done with this island for now. :)

Yeah, I wouldn't classify either as vital, but I like getting story characters so I put myself through the suffering. :p Marigold is our second Badly Poison/Venom user, so that's something. Somehow all the Venom users are story characters.

Sandersonia has a conditional damage boost against Venomed enemies, which is unique, but I don't know that there's any good place to use it at this point. She's obviously designed to be used with her sister, but until we get a DEX Venom user, she probably won't see any play.

Margo's easily the best character in this island, since she's a solid boost for anyone who runs Shooter teams and doesn't have SW Franky.

Semi-Off Topic, but all of the recent movie content convinced me to watch Dead End Adventure, Strong World and Film Z. I enjoyed them all, but wow was Film Z fantastic. That was way better than I was expecting.

Hana-Bi

So whats the safest/fastest team for Doffy farming right now. I max/max/maxed two Doffys with G3/LL but I don't know if I want to run a LL team again.

A MC team with Jozu/GP Usopp seems fast and quite safe, but is BB still prefered?

Majukun

So whats the safest/fastest team for Doffy farming right now. I max/max/maxed two Doffys with G3/LL but I don't know if I want to run a LL team again.

A MC team with Jozu/GP Usopp seems fast and quite safe, but is BB still prefered?

2x mc
gp usopp
jozu
mihawk
blamenco

is both safe and fast, i'd suggest you to go with that

never tried the blackbeard one though

Top Bottom