• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

So whats the safest/fastest team for Doffy farming right now. I max/max/maxed two Doffys with G3/LL but I don't know if I want to run a LL team again.

A MC team with Jozu/GP Usopp seems fast and quite safe, but is BB still prefered?

I've always preferred BB/BB, Raid hawk (or WB), Marco, Alvida, and MC. Level 2 CD can be doable if you've got the sockets and stalling is pretty easy since you can get locked on the first stage with raid hawk and then use Alvida to stall further in the later stage. This setup allows you to kill Doffy right after his first attack.

RR30

Having atrocious luck with Lucci and Kaku drops. Got more chests and no drops in Lucci than silver posters. Need Marco books too but I'm getting Chopper/Gin books.

MiTYH

Gotta admit... my luck is with me today. Might manage one more before I go to sleep, but here's my day one stats:

Lucci: 15
Kaku: 18
Lulu: 6

Gems: 1
Snail stamina refills: 2
Level Ups: 1

Gin special ups: 1

Current Socket Status:
Legend Lucci: 5 autoheal, 3 bind, 2 slot, 1 special (but I want despair…)
FN Kaku: 5 slot, 1 autoheal

Overall, not too bad. Already 1/4 sockets done on Lucci, bind is coming along. Nothing on despair yet but as the others fill up it should come easier. I'm hopeful that I won't have to use any other gems this time, I had great luck with stamina refills that lined up perfectly with a level up. It was insane

Kyou

hy4Y6jk.jpg
giphy.gif

Kumo

Damn so much to farm this week. I think I'll stick with Lucci for now since I also need Marco books and Kaku is a nice bonus. Tomorrow I just need one last socket in cooldown for Doffy, hopefully I can get that right away.

Congrats! Now go kick some Whitebeard ass. :p She's really useful on Jozu's stage, which was a major hurdle for me when I went in with a WB team.

Adeptrain

Congratulations!! I hope to be able to do the same soon :) Right now, I've decided on running halloween for WB books until I get one and then switch to Perona until I get one and then back...and forth. It's working pretty well for me, but I have a loooong way to go ㅠㅠ

Jayhawk

https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePieceTC/wiki/trainingforest/mihawk

Unlikely, especially if your GP Usopp and other units don't have s.lvl close to MAX.

Look at the HP of the units in the last few stages. How many turns do you need to defeat each of those stages with your current levels? You can't use GP Usopp special on every stage.

EDIT 1: For example, you're going to start off stage 16 with a complete board of opposite orbs. That means you're not strong enough to kill Miss Goldenweek in the first turn and likely to take more hits from the others in this stage if you don't end up using GP Usopp special. If you use GP Usopp special here, what stage will it be back up for? For the stages in between, can you kill these units with neutral orbs in the right amount of turns?

EDIT 2: With a full board of matching orbs and Caesar special used, you aren't strong enough to deal 1 million damage to Mihawk. You will need to delay him with GP Usopp. This means you can't use GP Usopp special in the previous stage. You need at least another turn delay and/or damage reducer.

ah_hia

Finally managed to get Striker ship after 3 attempts with slasher team. It's been a looong while now since I did any training forest lol.

:eek: Nice!

What was your sockets like with that team? I pulled Ray not to long ago and can give that a go when Perona is socketed and ready for action.

Kyou

:eek: Nice!

What was your sockets like with that team? I pulled Ray not to long ago and can give that a go when Perona is socketed and ready for action.

nothing too fancy. Team is the standard Ray/Ray/Doffy/Perona/Alvida/GP Usopp.

including the friend rayleigh my sockets were level 3 Despair and Lock, Level 2 heal(ray and perona only have 4 sockets between them :p), level 1 orbs and level 1 Resilience(???? blame the friend ray).

I'd recommend aiming for better heal which shouldnt be too hard, it got pretty dicey in spots and I'm pretty sure what little I had kept me alive

socket breakdown if that helps:
Ray: 5 Lock, 5 Despair, 4 CD, 1 heal
Doffy: 5 Lock, 5 Despair
Perona: 5 Lock, 3 heal
Alvida: 5 Orbs
GP Usopp: 5 Lock, 5 Despair

Hana-Bi

Thanks Maju and Zeke. Will try a MC team first. Should be a little bit faster.

Will probably run this team:

MC/MC
WB/LL
GPU/Jozu

With a MC friend with heal (there aren't that many it seems) I get auto heal level 5 and have cd level 2. And with GPU special on stage 4 I can stall enough without much hassle.

RalchAC

Thanks Maju and Zeke. Will try a MC team first. Should be a little bit faster.

Will probably run this team:

MC/MC
WB/LL
GPU/Jozu

With a MC friend with heal (there aren't that many it seems) I get auto heal level 5 and have cd level 2. And with GPU special on stage 4 I can stall enough without much hassle.

Mine has 5/2 Autoheal/Bind I think.

I'll probably use a MC team too. My usual setup is:

2x MC, Log Luffy, Mihawk, Jozu and GP Usopp.

If you don't mess up with auto targeting in turn 1 and remember to use Jozu in turn 2, you shouldn't have many issues.

MANUELF

Banned
https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePieceTC/wiki/trainingforest/mihawk

Unlikely, especially if your GP Usopp and other units don't have s.lvl close to MAX.

Look at the HP of the units in the last few stages. How many turns do you need to defeat each of those stages with your current levels? You can't use GP Usopp special on every stage.

EDIT 1: For example, you're going to start off stage 16 with a complete board of opposite orbs. That means you're not strong enough to kill Miss Goldenweek in the first turn and likely to take more hits from the others in this stage if you don't end up using GP Usopp special. If you use GP Usopp special here, what stage will it be back up for? For the stages in between, can you kill these units with neutral orbs in the right amount of turns?

EDIT 2: With a full board of matching orbs and Caesar special used, you aren't strong enough to deal 1 million damage to Mihawk. You will need to delay him with GP Usopp. This means you can't use GP Usopp special in the previous stage. You need at least another turn delay and/or damage reducer.
Diamante is also a delayer so he can help but I know that once I use him thats it, I cant use him again

Socketting Lucci has been nothing short of a nightmare. Every time I feed copies if I'm lucky I'll get just one single useful socket. I feel like I've been doing this forever and I still got a ways to go. I'm beginning to reconsider my plan to resocket my QCK Lucci with autoheal. I'll see how I feel once I tackle SW Franky or maybe I'll just wait until the Lucci FN comes back in a year.

RalchAC

Socketting Lucci has been nothing short of a nightmare. Every time I feed copies if I'm lucky I'll get just one single useful socket. I feel like I've been doing this forever and I still got a ways to go. I'm beginning to reconsider my plan to resocket my QCK Lucci with autoheal. I'll see how I feel once I tackle SW Franky or maybe I'll just wait until the Lucci FN comes back in a year.

You can enjoy Wenzel the dozen times he will be back in the meanwhile.

I'm going with Heal / Bind / Orbs I think.

Majukun

next fortnight is the shiki pirates' one

for what i remember the characters are pretty bad, but it does drop 3d2y sanji's books

RedBoot

next fortnight is the shiki pirates' one

for what i remember the characters are pretty bad, but it does drop 3d2y sanji's books

Yeah, I was expecting that after we went straight to Dead End (and Shiki revealed that Strong World content is still on the table). On the plus side, that means Gran Tesoro is probably very close (either next or after the Film Z one).

These first three FNs (Butler, Gasparde, and now Indigo) actually fit surprisingly well for Global as each offers a chance at a legend book we already have (Shanks, Ace, then Marco). Gran Tesoro offers Log Luffy books so it continues the pattern. Lined up pretty much perfectly.

As for the characters, yeah, not great. Indigo is kind of like T-Bone but worse, and Scarlet is like Breed but worse. If you have 3D2Y Sanji, you'll be running this. If you don't, you're probably better off spending your time elsewhere.

MANUELF

Banned
Doflamingo comes at 40 and 60 stamina raids right? If so I believe I can beat him in the 40 stamina one, I dont have Monster Chopper but I have Blackbeard, Hack, Diamante, Blamenco, Shiki and some other good STR units

Jayhawk

Diamante is also a delayer so he can help but I know that once I use him thats it, I cant use him again

Diamante's special would be best used against the straw hat stage because of the help with the damage. Your team would have to get lucky with orbs on the rainbow dragon stage, and the Smoker/Tashigi stage with the use of one Caesar special possibly for either stage. Too risky to use Enel special before stage 19.

MANUELF

Banned
Diamante's special would be best used against the straw hat stage because of the help with the damage. Your team would have to get lucky with orbs on the rainbow dragon stage, and the Smoker/Tashigi stage with the use of one Caesar special possibly for either stage. Too risky to use Enel special before stage 19.

I have already reached stage 19 twice but I cant kill Zoro, Sanji or Luffy in time because my entire team was PSY so I want to try a more rainbow team, also Enel for stage 18 seems like a great idea because of the fixed damage and 20k is not that good damage against the later stages and the boosted damage would only benefit himself

Jayhawk

I have already reached stage 19 twice but I cant kill Zoro, Sanji or Luffy in time because my entire team was PSY so I want to try a more rainbow team, also Enel for stage 18 seems like a great idea because of the fixed damage and 20k is not that good damage against the later stages and the boosted damage would only benefit himself

The fixed damage against the lobsters is nice, but this means you can't take any hits in stage 18 to stage 20 because Enel drops your HP. Diamante special will deal 55k damage at the end of every turn for 4 turns, as Luffy would hit you before the 5th turn is done. Can you kill them all before they hit you? You need to be able to defeat one Straw Hat per turn if you're saving GP Usopp for stage 20.

MANUELF

Banned
The fixed damage against the lobsters is nice, but this means you can't take any hits in stage 18 to stage 20 because Enel drops your HP. Diamante special will deal 55k damage at the end of every turn for 4 turns, as Luffy would hit you before the 5th turn is done. Can you kill them all before they hit you? You need to be able to defeat one Straw Hat per turn if you're saving GP Usopp for stage 20.

My plan was using one caesar special on stage 19 alongside Diamante special and then kill everyone with Sanji being the last one if possible, the boosted attack thanks to caesar should definitely help killing them all faster and then using GP usopp against Mihawk to kill him in 4 turns with the help of the other caesar special, the bad thing is that I cant try this since my cost is 1 less than what I need so I must level once before trying it

PS: I also dont have any friend with a lvl 100 caesar so when Im ready I would need the help of some nice gaffer

Kyou

Doflamingo comes at 40 and 60 stamina raids right? If so I believe I can beat him in the 40 stamina one, I dont have Monster Chopper but I have Blackbeard, Hack, Diamante, Blamenco, Shiki and some other good STR units

I think Doflamingo also has a 30 stamina version.

FWIW I never did 60 stamina Doffy for farming, I almost entirely did it with 40. I find he has way better drop rates than the normal bosses

bjork

I think I'm just going to get my one skill-up that my Doflamingo needs to be done, and then I'll go back to Lucci. Doflamingo comes back more frequently so I can work on Legend Doflamingo later.

Jayhawk

Next batch of Coliseum on Global will include Hawkins (full orb controller), and Wyper (free spirit attack booster). Two units I'd want to farm.

RedBoot

Next batch of Coliseum on Global will include Hawkins (full orb controller), and Wyper (free spirit attack booster). Two units I'd want to farm.

Hey now, don't forget Mr. 7 and Miss Father's Day! Who I feel like might actually be decent for a Sengoku team. Probably not going to bother with them, though.

Worth noting that Wyper becomes our best Free Spirit booster outside of Legend Sabo. He'll be overtaken by Colo Apoo and the 2nd Anniversary Ace soon enough, though.

RalchAC

I think Doflamingo also has a 30 stamina version.

FWIW I never did 60 stamina Doffy for farming, I almost entirely did it with 40. I find he has way better drop rates than the normal bosses

You are my hero. I would have never been able to farm a raid boss and see him not dropping.

Majukun

managed to drop marguerite but still looking for the 2 boa sisters..i wuld be ok with just sandersonia since i already have striker croco to use her multiplier

Kyou

You are my hero. I would have never been able to farm a raid boss and see him not dropping.

I'd always run the numbers afterwards and usually come out in the black. 3 40s is 2 60s, with the possibility of dying on the 60 while 40 was guaranteed.

I think one time I did like 11 in a row with no drop though, that's pretty tough. It all rounded out in the end.

I may be cursing myself by saying this, but the Legend Mihawk skillbook drop rates for the new Prison fortnight in Japan are awesome. I've already gotten 6 drops in the span of 1.5 days. At this rate, there's a good chance he might be my first skill maxed Legend.

Compare that to my 30+ runs in the Nico Olivia fortnight, where I didn't get one single Doffy legend skillbook. I know it's all probably just RNG, but it does kind of make you wonder if the drop rates are slightly better when fortnights are initially released.

RedBoot

So time travel shows a sugo coming on the 23rd/24th with Log Luffy and Sabo boosted, alongside specific Straw Hats (translation: the best ones). Picture shows 3D2Y Zoro, Robin, Sanji, and Chopper as well as SW Franky, Usopp, and Brook (I assume a Nami is included too). Multipull is also available.

Very tempting, especially if it comes with the usual guaranteed boosted unit, as I don't have any of those guys and want most of them.

MANUELF

Banned
So time travel shows a sugo coming on the 23rd/24th with Log Luffy and Sabo boosted, alongside specific Straw Hats (translation: the best ones). Picture shows 3D2Y Zoro, Robin, Sanji, and Chopper as well as SW Franky, Usopp, and Brook (I assume a Nami is included too). Multipull is also available.

Very tempting, especially if it comes with the usual guaranteed boosted unit, as I don't have any of those guys and want most of them.
One pull, max two nothing more after the horrible last sugo

I got a big chunk of SW/3D2Y units so not a super necessary sugo for me, simultanously the ones I don't have are some of the best so ...

I'll wait for event details before I decide on this.

Hana-Bi

Only two bind sockets to max socket my legend Lucci. Will try to get one more bind socket and then switch to story Lucci socket farming.

chrono01

25 runs (25!!!!) and one franky

3 runs colo 2 tomes

Yeah...screw you halloweeen island
So it's not just me then? I don't remember the character drop-rates being this bad the last time the Halloween Island was here. It's like 80/20, in favor of the useless books. I've already skill-maxed everything of use with them, aside from Whitebeard (who I don't even have :/). Oh well, I'll keep at the grind!

BTW, which Nami do you think is more useful to socket: Towel Nami or 3D2Y Nami? I've read the latter can be really useful for certain coliseum battles, namely Boa. Also, which Chopper after Monster Chopper? None of them seem particularly useful.

RedBoot

BTW, which Nami do you think is more useful to socket: Towel Nami or 3D2Y Nami? I've read the latter can be really useful for certain coliseum battles, namely Boa. Also, which Chopper after Monster Chopper? None of them seem particularly useful.

I'd go for 3D2Y if only due to 4 sockets over 3, but you can probably go for whichever you use most. If you don't have Whitey Bay, then Towel Nami's still a good INT lead, whereas 3D2Y is going to be more useful if you're running Striker or Cerebral teams.

As for Chopper, if you have SW or 3D2Y, go for those, if only due to socket number. I really don't think there's any useful Choppers besides those and Monster Chopper. I've been socketing Chopperman just for the hell of it.

chrono01

I'd go for 3D2Y if only due to 4 sockets over 3, but you can probably go for whichever you use most. If you don't have Whitey Bay, then Towel Nami's still a good INT lead, whereas 3D2Y is going to be more useful if you're running Striker or Cerebral teams.

As for Chopper, if you have SW or 3D2Y, go for those, if only due to socket number. I really don't think there's any useful Choppers besides those and Monster Chopper. I've been socketing Chopperman just for the hell of it.
Thanks for the advice, 3D2Y Nami it is! I do have Whitey Bay too, but I feel 3D2Y Nami might get a bit more use for me.

As for Chopper, I do have the SW variant, so I guess I'll just socket him.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I decided to try a different team for doffy (i've always used G3 / G3 / V1 Arlong / Mihawk / GPU / Jozu).

Log Luffy / Log Luffy
GPU / SW Franky
Jozu / Mihawk

Holy crap. I can beat him on turn 2. :O

MANUELF

Banned
Got my Doflamingo copy Im happy, just need to evolve him and max him, in two leves I will reach 80 stamina so I would be able to play mihawk stage twice in one bar

http://optc-db.github.io/damage/#/t...99,418:99,748:99C1,10B0D0E1365Q0L0G0R6S77.14H

Looks like I can actually build this team. Damage is a little inflated, since I can't guarantee I'll get full orbs even with Lucci special. Still though, not bad with a guaranteed 51% HP cut, even through shields.

Gonna be a while before I get everyone skilled up. Also gotta raise my pirate level a bit more to fit the last legend. Should be a fun team eventually though.

Kyou

Sweet I can reliably beat 60 no problem

BB x 2/Monster Chopper/Hack/Mihawk/Marco

Heal up before Doffy's first attack(not preemptive) and then mihawk>hack>BBs>ded

Time to just natural stamina and snail my way to a few legend doffy sockets

I just started playing this game last night. Finished the tutorial island and now the game has really started.

Decided to come here and see what you guys and gals are talking about but seeing all these posts with stamina numbers, runs, crew units, Halloween islands, drops..... what the.... WHAT?

Is it normal that I can't understand around 90% of what you guys are talking about?

Top Bottom