• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

What is wrong with the cool downs of the new fortnight characters for japan? o_O Jimbe starts at 27, Mr. 1 at 28 and Buggy at 32. That is some raidboss tier level except they aren't great. lol
I'd say it has been a trend that has become disturbingly more prevalent.
Ex:
Master of the Near Sea: 40 -> 15.
Master General Zombie: 30 -> 15.
Kumacy: 38 -> 18.
Ryuma: 35 -> 18.
Minorhinoceros: 50 -> 20.
etc...

I got ninja'd while looking up the exact CDs. v_v

My team for enel is dofly captain lvl 65, mihawk max skill and lvl, koza lvl 52, trafalgar law lvl 62 and gooden hammer usopp lvl 50

How will i go?

Tidd

I'd say it has been a trend that has become disturbingly more prevalent.
Ex:
Master of the Near Sea: 40 -> 15.
Master General Zombie: 30 -> 15.
Kumacy: 38 -> 18.
Ryuma: 35 -> 18.
Minorhinoceros: 50 -> 20.
etc...

I got ninja'd while looking up the exact CDs. v_v

Technically you're right. But I meant the main characters for the fortnights ( I know I didn't say that in my first post xP) and so far they were always <=25. And tbh all the specials you listed are useless (except maybe Ryuma) :D

It's a trend that weve started seeing on Global already. I guess they want people to spend gems either in farming or box upgrading.

I don't think they changed that much or I guess it was more of a slow transition to more skill ups. But at the same time the specials also got far better than the ones from the beginning. (except Alvida and GPU) Furthermore you can't forget things like better droprates for fortnight characters compared to the low exp fortnights or 5minutes per stamina instead of 10, which allows us to farm more.

Maybe it's just the "you can only get the boost if you have less than 30%Hp" condition which annoys me for such a high cooldown.
The new Mr. 1 needs 9 skill ups to max him. Hina for example needs 8. Prison croc(who I maxed in the first week without gemming) needs 10 but starts at 24, which makes him more useful than the new max cd (19turns) Mr. 1. Of course it's still more skill ups than Arlong, Ashura Zoro or other units from the beginning but their specials(+droprate) are more or less crap.

Wooh, I just maxed my Coffin boat!

So now Iv'e got maxed merry & maxed coffin ship.

I guess 3rd most useful to max is the marine ship for BB teams?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I don't get why this game drains battery, I'm playing the Star Wars gacha and it's very gentle with my battery. This game is no battery hog, but still consumes quiet a bit at least compared to the Star Wars game which is weird since this is 2d and the other one is fully 3d.

Sure the Nexus 5 battery is not good by any means but still!

koryuken

My team for enel is dofly captain lvl 65, mihawk max skill and lvl, koza lvl 52, trafalgar law lvl 62 and gooden hammer usopp lvl 50

How will i go?

60 sta? You will get rekt unless they are lvl 90-max. I have a max unit team and even then the hp threshold on stalling is pretty tight.

I don't get why this game drains battery, I'm playing the Star Wars gacha and it's very gentle with my battery. This game is no battery hog, but still consumes quiet a bit at least compared to the Star Wars game which is weird since this is 2d and the other one is fully 3d.

Sure the Nexus 5 battery is not good by any means but still!

Got sounds on? Can't say I've ever had it drain my battery but I always have sound off so maybe that's it.

RedBoot

What is wrong with the cool downs of the new fortnight characters for japan? o_O Jimbe starts at 27, Mr. 1 at 28 and Buggy at 32. That is some raidboss tier level except they aren't great. lol

Buggy at least has skillbooks available in the fortnight, so depending on how rare those are, he might actually be easier to max than the other two.

But yeah, as has been said, this is an ongoing trend. Gone are the days of Kaku and Cobymeppo, characters who start within usable range. It sucks, though it's relatively easy to max a character if you put in the work (had no problem maxing Perona, and it was worth it).

I have more of a problem with characters who are still out of usable range even when maxed. These new Jimbei, Mr. 1, and Buggy are all on the very top end of usable cooldowns. And while he's not a fortnight character, I think Foxy suffers from this the most, to the point where I'm not sure it's even worth farming him.

koryuken

Buggy at least has skillbooks available in the fortnight, so depending on how rare those are, he might actually be easier to max than the other two.

But yeah, as has been said, this is an ongoing trend. Gone are the days of Kaku and Cobymeppo, characters who start within usable range. It sucks, though it's relatively easy to max a character if you put in the work (had no problem maxing Perona, and it was worth it).

I have more of a problem with characters who are still out of usable range even when maxed. These new Jimbei, Mr. 1, and Buggy are all on the very top end of usable cooldowns. And while he's not a fortnight character, I think Foxy suffers from this the most, to the point where I'm not sure it's even worth farming him.

I'm thinking that they are keeping double Sengoku captains in mind when deciding on the cooldowns. Sengoku will be using most of these units, and with two captains, the cooldown is MAX - 4.

RedBoot

I'm thinking that they are keeping double Sengoku captains in mind when deciding on the cooldowns. Sengoku will be using most of these units, and with two captains, the cooldown is MAX - 4.

Ah, yeah, that's a good point.

Man, Sengoku's looking better and better...

RalchAC

Wooh, I just maxed my Coffin boat!

So now Iv'e got maxed merry & maxed coffin ship.

I guess 3rd most useful to max is the marine ship for BB teams?

Yeah, it's either maxing the Marine Ship or saving for the Moby Dick.

Ah, yeah, that's a good point.

Man, Sengoku's looking better and better...

And if the character database isn't wrong, they only need 2 million EXP to be maxed, like the Kimono Strawhats from our current fortnight.

RedBoot

And if the character database isn't wrong, they only need 2 million EXP to be maxed, like the Kimono Strawhats from our current fortnight.

Seems to be a thing for the Kimono units, since the Robin/Usopp/Chopper ones from Kimono 2 also have the 2mil max.

I wonder how many more of these we'll get? There's got to at least be a Kimono Franky and Brook at some point, plus we might see Kimono versions of Croc, Bon Clay, Mr. 3, Ivankov, and Inazuma since they were all in that one color spread as well (plus there's another Luffy in there).

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
so you guys recommend saving my rare fruits and just wait for a sugo-fest to do a pull?

frankly, the game throws out so many characters I don't feel compelled to spend my rare fruits.

koryuken

so you guys recommend saving my rare fruits and just wait for a sugo-fest to do a pull?

frankly, the game throws out so many characters I don't feel compelled to spend my rare fruits.

The game may throw many characters, but many of them are garbage.

Man..I wish the 2x drop for the story maps were as good as the extra island ones.

Croc, please drop. ;(

Anyone else who's farming him want to add each other? I need some more PSY friend captains. (364,495,360)

New GAF friends would be cool too to replace those who seem to have dropped the game, as well! <3

Heng

Doflamingo is coming back on the 14th, but I don't think I'll gem this time since I have so many copies already.

chrono01

Never pull outside of a Sugofest. That's just asking for despair. :(

Man..I wish the 2x drop for the story maps were as good as the extra island ones.

Croc, please drop. ;(

Anyone else who's farming him want to add each other? I need some more PSY friend captains. (364,495,360)

New GAF friends would be cool too to replace those who seem to have dropped the game, as well! <3
I can put my Garp up if you still need a PSY leader.

Doflamingo is coming back on the 14th, but I don't think I'll gem this time since I have so many copies already.
Skill-Up event when? I couldn't farm Doflamingo, even if my Blackbeard team was ready. :/

I'm using this as a chance to max him (hopefully get some skill ups) for Eneru and then gonna leave copies to mad his skills.

But WTF Bamco give at least a week notice when raid bosses comes back -___-;
Skill-Up event when? I couldn't farm Doflamingo, even if my Blackbeard team was ready. :/
Have you got Jozu and Alvidia? And how are you in doing perfect chains? Cause Gear 3 Luffy with max skilled Mihawk, GP Usopp/Sogeking, Alvidia and Jozu with a friend's Gear 3 worked out really well for me when I didn't f my timing against 60 Doffy.

Well..that was fast. I doubt I'd be able to farm him reliably though. :\

Never pull outside of a Sugofest. That's just asking for despair. :(

I can put my Garp up if you still need a PSY leader.

That'd be nice if you could, thank you! c:

I'm almost tempted to pull for some story units during certain type rate ups because my luck with farming is trash. Just..just give me Mr.3, game. (But yeah, don't pull outside of Sugo. Save those gems!)

Well..that was fast. I doubt I'd be able to farm him reliably though. :

I'm almost tempted to pull for some story units during certain type rate ups because my luck with farming is trash. Just..just give me Mr.3, game. (But yeah, don't pull outside of Sugo. Save those gems!)
Tried adding your number from the one Chrono quoted but said user not found =S, I would've also put up Garp if I was able to add you =/

chrono01

Have you got Jozu and Alvidia? And how are you in doing perfect chains? Cause Gear 3 Luffy with max skilled Mihawk, GP Usopp/Sogeking, Alvidia and Jozu with a friend's Gear 3 worked out really well for me when I didn't f my timing against 60 Doffy.
I'm okay with hitting Perfects, but it's still more stressful than I'd like. I regret not putting my XP into Log Luffy, I only have him at Level 52. Would have been nice to give him a try for a raid. No Jozu, but I do have Alvida, albeit at Skill Level 3.

However, I'm at 492/500 with copies of the Kimono Straw Hats and skillbooks [Law, Kimono Nami, etc.]. I wouldn't have room for Doflamingo anyway, so I might just continue leveling my single copy of Doflamingo [for Enel later in the month] and then finish Log Luffy off before Doflamingo returns again.

Well..that was fast. I doubt I'd be able to farm him reliably though. :\

No worries man, Garp is up. I'll try to refresh him as often as I can. He's not max-skilled or anything, but he is max level.

Have fun!

Edit: Wait, similar to Samurai_Heart, I can't add you. I thought we were already friends, haha.

Are you sure your ID is correct?

I'm okay with hitting Perfects, but it's still more stressful than I'd like. I regret not putting my XP into Log Luffy, I only have him at Level 52. Would have been nice to give him a try for a raid. No Jozu, but I do have Alvida, albeit at Skill Level 3.

However, I'm at 492/500 with copies of the Kimono Straw Hats and skillbooks [Law, Kimono Nami, etc.]. I wouldn't have room for Doflamingo anyway, so I might just continue leveling my single copy of Doflamingo [for Enel later in the month] and then finish Log Luffy off before Doflamingo returns again.
Ah my Alvidia is level 2 only but Jozu or Perona is more or less definitely needed to work on 60, no worries you'll get him next raid, annoying how Bamco springs the repeat raid bosses all of sudden at times.

Tried adding your number from the one Chrono quoted but said user not found =S, I would've also put up Garp if I was able to add you =/

Whoops, made a mistake there. 364,495,390.

I recently flushed my friendlist, so anyone reading could add me if they're active players - I've got plenty of space.

ElChado

Neo Member
I'm using this as a chance to max him (hopefully get some skill ups) for Eneru and then gonna leave copies to mad his skills.

But WTF Bamco give at least a week notice when raid bosses comes back -___-;

Return raids dont get notices unless it's part of a daily gem event like clash of clashes. This doffy warning 2 days in advance is a bit weird.

Also if no one has noticed it yet or read it elsewhere

Dec 31st doffy raid, Jan 7th Garp raid, Jan 14th Doffy raid, Jan 21st Enel raid.

Looks like we're on a weekly raid schedule.

If we are on weekly raids...the one after Enel would be Jan 28th, and then the one after would be Feb 4th, right on the 1-year anniversary of global. Wonder what raid that will be.

chrono01

Ah my Alvidia is level 2 only but Jozu or Perona is more or less definitely needed to work on 60, no worries you'll get him next raid, annoying how Bamco springs the repeat raid bosses all of sudden at times.
I have a close to max-skilled Perona [one skill point off], so she should be a decent substitute to Perona. Not sure I'll farm him this time or wait, as I said, space is currently an issue [unless NB surprises us with a sudden skill-up event...].
Whoops, made a mistake there. 364,495,390.

I recently flushed my friendlist, so anyone reading could add me if they're active players - I've got plenty of space.
Oh, we were already friends after all, haha. I'm an idiot. :/

Anyway, Garp is up! I'll keep re-logging every once in a while to refresh the list. Good luck!

GAF is my luck seed confirmed. Thanks you two for the Garps. <3

sevAcrdl.png

Tidd

Looks like we're on a weekly raid schedule.

If we are on weekly raids...the one after Enel would be Jan 28th, and then the one after would be Feb 4th, right on the 1-year anniversary of global. Wonder what raid that will be.

Zephyr lol

Kumo

wtf doffy again so soon. I guess it's for the people who missed out the first time, being on new years and all. Not sure if I'll farm more, maybe enough to get 50?

Well I fed my 64 copies.

The good news is that he's level maxed now.

The only okay news is that it got 6 skill ups putting me at a 22 cooldown. I can easily get Doffy to a 21 turn cooldown when he comes back which would give me the option of running a Asura Zoro/Mihawk team for 60 stamina.

I don't know if I should realistically go for a 17 turn cooldown Doffy, which with my current luck outside of the skill up would take about 25 more copies, 50 to potentially max. This would let me run the Doffy/Mihawk team but I'm not sure I really like the idea of potentially farming Doffy three times.

Doffy/Doffy is always an option which is doable with my current units but it's still the slowest.

Majukun

damn, too soon Namco, my anti Doffy team still needs a bit of levels and skillups on my blackbeard... I doubt I will able to make it in time.. i'll probably just snatch another 10 or 20 copies and call it a day with my previous monster chopper team... I'll try put there mihawk instead of kuma, maybe it would be a little more consistent

edit:recheck ingredients the data I might be Just able to use my blackbeard team.. just with a much, much tighter window than I imagined... I'll have to check when he comes back

Majukun

ok, i'm in the hp requirements by a whopping 41 hp... the only problem now is to stall enough to charge a 25 cd blackbeard while remaining inside the 30k hp requirement when going against doffy

it seems doable, but I'll have stall to the turn

RalchAC

It seems they heard some of the complains. Since we are getting Doflamingo again I will try to farm as many copies as possible. Hopefully I can get it to 18-20 or so. After that, I won't farm him again until sockets.

It would be cool if we started getting a raid boss every week. Especially if we get BB soon.

And version 4.0 for the anniversary event.

ok, i'm in the hp requirements by a whopping 41 hp... the only problem now is to stall enough to charge a 25 cd blackbeard while remaining inside the 30k hp requirement when going against doffy

it seems doable, but I'll have stall to the turn

If it doesn't work, the Monster Chopper team with Maxhawk is quite consistent. I used 2 Monster Chopper, Kid, Mihawk, Jozu and GP Usopp and had over 10k HP. The hardest hiting enemies deal 7,000 damage, so you shouldn't worry much about getting hit by the giant (for example) if you can't drop his HP to 20%.

In the boss stage, I was able to defeat Doflamingo without many worries.

Majukun

It seems they heard some of the complains. Since we are getting Doflamingo again I will try to farm as many copies as possible. Hopefully I can get it to 18-20 or so. After that, I won't farm him again until sockets.

It would be cool if we started getting a raid boss every week. Especially if we get BB soon.

And version 4.0 for the anniversary event.

If it doesn't work, the Monster Chopper team with Maxhawk is quite consistent. I used 2 Monster Chopper, Kid, Mihawk, Jozu and GP Usopp and had over 10k HP. The hardest hiting enemies deal 7,000 damage, so you shouldn't worry much about getting hit by the giant (for example) if you can't drop his HP to 20%.

In the boss stage, I was able to defeat Doflamingo without many worries.

hmm..last time i decided to use kuma because of the orb manipulation and the multiplied attack instead of mihawk..maybe this time i can try with mihawk..do you have to hit your perfetcs or you can screw up?
because the good thing about the bb team it's that basically it doesn't matter if you hit the perfects or not..you have plenty of turns to take out around 1/3 hp from both doflamingos..the rest it's all in eating a 84k hit and give it back tenfold to their faces,2 times

Top Bottom