• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

RedBoot

Holy shit new title screen!!!!

Yeah, was a bit of a shock.

As far as I can tell, the only other change from the update was that they fixed the issue with the borders on enemy text during cut-ins, basically when the enemy says something or uses an ability (say, Nami's QCK/STR Orb change or Kaku's "I don't have time for you," to use some current ones). At one point they messed up the centering for that, then they fixed the centering but made the border too big. Now it looks to be fixed. :p

Was expecting they'd add in the drop lists for quests, though. Oh well.

EMT0

Banned
That's an odd new title screen that won't ever not be bizarre, lol.

Turtle time was a complete success for me today. At the cost of a daily gem in order to maximize easy exp time, I managed to max out my Balloon Luffy so it's ready to evolve once it's crab day again, max and evolve Perona and Kaku, and get both my Vista and Don Krieg to ~Lv 50 to finally give me the beginnings of a passable INT team should I need it. And 3D2Y Sanji was exactly what I needed to clear 15 Stamina Perona consistently thanks to the HP boost he provided. 15 Stamina is now my new threshold for fortnights! :)

Fullbody pulled his weight and then some today.

bobohoro

I finally got the last 2 skill ups needed for Perona. She's been super stingy on her drops. She's been even more stingy on sockets, sitting at 2/2 Lock/Heal.

Yeah, after going so well the first days, her droprate went way down for me as well as not giving me any skill-ups or sockets the last 10+ copies. Might have to think about gemming today to finish her, but with the way she currently drops for me I'm really hesitant to do that. Maybe I'll just use a tome or two to get her sockets maxed and leave the last two skill-ups until she returns, a 16 CD is usable enough for my current situation I guess and it will be a while before I tackle the tough forests to get the ships.

RalchAC

I don't know why, but my luck in Halloween Pt.1 has been abysmal. Most of the time I got books I don't want out of the different bosses.

And when I got Mugi copies, most of them have given me bad sockets.

My Towel Nami got 1 extra socket. My MC 0. My Franky 2.

Somehow I've maxed socketed Gear 3rd Luffy, a unit I won't ever use.

And 2x Drop or not, Elder Seahorses refuse to drop...

Holy shit new title screen!!!!

And it's ugly as sin lol.

Kyou

Nothing too exciting in the returning fortnights next month

Okama Island/Tbone
Sadi/Noland
Kid Shanks/Ganfor
Buggy/Kalifa

MiTYH

Okama Island/Tbone
Sadi/Noland
Kid Shanks/Ganfor
Buggy/Kalifa

Honestly, that's fine by me. Frieza event and HW part 2 is coming, plus some good Coliseum units and Raid bosses, and I still haven't even touched Amazon Lily. I need a mini-break from all this content!

bjork

Got in about 5 more lucci runs yesterday, so 1 useful socket. He won't be done this time around.

I think I'm going to spend the rest of the day in bed. I left work after 1/2 shift because I'm dying. I need my SH sockets but I rather sleep.

Adeptrain

Got in about 5 more lucci runs yesterday, so 1 useful socket. He won't be done this time around.

I think I'm going to spend the rest of the day in bed. I left work after 1/2 shift because I'm dying. I need my SH sockets but I rather sleep.

Lucci is supposed to come back soon I think. So, Rest up and I hope you feel better soon.

I may have missed it, but did anyone else notice that Gum Gum Luffy's captain ability is going to be doubled for the event? Not all that great, but I kind of wish I still had a copy just for the heck of it.

RalchAC

I may have missed it, but did anyone else notice that Gum Gum Luffy's captain ability is going to be doubled for the event? Not all that great, but I kind of wish I still had a copy just for the heck of it.

Yeah. It seems they want newbies to catch up and farm Mihawk by doing that.

Upcoming global raids:

Fr 04.11. Shiki
Mo 07.11. MC
Fr 11.11. Kuma
Mo 14.11. Enel
Fr 18.11. Heracles-un

In Japan I think Shiki appeared like 3 times in less than 2 months and after that it was delisted (you keep it, but he didn't return anymore).

Saying just in case we're seeing the same pattern here.

Is Kuma feasible with a crap skilled Enel?

RedBoot

Okama Island/Tbone
Sadi/Noland
Kid Shanks/Ganfor
Buggy/Kalifa

And apparently Bride Nami/Hina the week after that.

Odd how they've brought back both Wanze and T-Bone so quickly after their first reruns. Not sure what the goal is there. We're due for Breed's first return as well, but it looks like that'll be December at the earliest.

I'll probably run Noland a bit since I had to skip it the last time it returned, and I still need a couple more skill levels for Gan Fall. And of course Kalifa for sockets. Otherwise, yeah, pretty slow month. I hope we get good new fortnights in November. Gran Tesoro seems likely, at least.

bjork

I had a dream that I was playing a game in VR where you play as Prince. Except in the dream, I was Prince, and I was annoyed that it wasn't accurate enough. Then I woke up.

EMT0

Banned
Yeah. It seems they want newbies to catch up and farm Mihawk by doing that.

Sounds good to me, especially because I just got Arlong to drop

:( no meat snails today. First time in a week I have to stop playing when I want to. That kinda stinks

Know that feel. I was close to a level though, so I managed to minmax that off of Fortnights, then go and hit up Arlong Park for some more grinding. It payed off today!

bjork

Just pulled one of the best characters in the Crows X Worst game I've been playing. Good times.

I kinda miss that pre-Mihawk era where Arlong was like having a legend. He's still a great sub, even now.

MANUELF

Banned
I just got Moomoo to drop too and I finished Fuchsia Village missions, now I only need to get Mihawk to finish the baratie missions and all the missions in the game

From the east blue characters Im only lacking Master of the Near Sea, Hachi, Nekumi, Cabaji and all the Usopp village villains

bjork

I just got Moomoo to drop too and I finished Fuchsia Village missions, now I only need to get Mihawk to finish the baratie missions and all the missions in the game

From the east blue characters Im only lacking Master of the Near Sea, Hachi, Nekumi, Cabaji and all the Usopp village villains

I want to say all of these show up in FNs?
Master of the Near Sea shows up in Alvida, Nezumi is in the kimono FN but I don't know if he drops, Cabaji is in Buggy and Kuro has his own FN where Django and the Meowban Bros show up.

All of these have worthwhile manuals to farm for except maybe Buggy?

RalchAC

I want to say all of these show up in FNs?
Master of the Near Sea shows up in Alvida, Nezumi is in the kimono FN but I don't know if he drops, Cabaji is in Buggy and Kuro has his own FN where Django and the Meowban Bros show up.

All of these have worthwhile manuals to farm for except maybe Buggy?

Yes. I think Django drops in Hina too.

MANUELF

Banned
I dont see Kuro for November so that would be December at the earliest, cant wait to get Monster Chopper and Kuma, I already have the other raid bosses

Hana-Bi

Lol, I only need one socket for 3D2Y Chopper and he didn't drop even once today. Got no good Franky and Franky is the most I get...

RedBoot

Yes. I think Django drops in Hina too.

He does. Django's in two fortnights, but he's the rare spawn in both, which makes him a pain to socket. Shame, because both evolutions are useful at times (especially PSY Django, who pairs with Cindry for full PSY orbs, great for Sengoku teams).

Kyou

so with Frieza and new Colo soon, I'm very quickly going to probably finish off Rayleigh

What are some other good units to use tomes on? My other two legends are farmable so that'd be a waste.

After hours and hours of trying and failing at 19 or 20, I finally did it!
ZDpQAeX.png

DHHJDEX.png
I had lvl 2 Anti-Lock (not important after Namule), lvl 3 Anti-Despair (only need lvl 1), lvl 3 Auto-Heal and lvl 1 Orb sockets.

I followed this guide. The hardest part was surviving against Vista on 19, while stalling to get IntHawk back up for 20. If you don't get enough meat you'll die and there went 20-30 minutes of your life.

I couldn't pull it off with Dex/IntHawk, 2x IntHawk or 2x Ray teams. The 2x Enel team was far easier to do, just really long and aggrivating when I died to Vista or messed up my burst timing on Whitebeard.

Sad thing is, I've been waiting to get Perona's Special MAX'd and get some heal sockets on her before trying the stage.

Majukun

what team are you guys gonna use for tomorrow's fortnight?

I'm going with

fujitora x2
shadow asgard moria
broggy
doflamingo
mihawk

I should be OK according to the damage calculator

Hana-Bi

what team are you guys gonna use for tomorrow's fortnight?

I'm going with

fujitora x2
shadow asgard moria
broggy
doflamingo
mihawk

I should be OK according to the damage calculator

I'll wait for the restrictions. Hopefully we won't get any debuffs like last time.

Will probably run a powerhouse team with Lucci.

Jayhawk

Too bad Shiki is coming back before a skill up event. My raid Enel stash waits for another event.

As the hectic week with all the snail meats ends, here is a summary for my past week:
7 Whitebeard skill books
10 Perona drops
10 Ivankovs fed to get the last 2 INTvankov sockets I needed
Didn't get the last auto-heal socket on Log Luffy after a few attempts
5 wanted sockets on 3D2Y Luffy
9 wanted sockets on SW Franky
11 wanted sockets on SW Chopper
Got last 3 wanted sockets on 3D2Y Nami
7 wanted sockets on Mirage Tempo Nami

I didn't have to use gems on stamina refills due to all the snail meats. My pirate exp is also set up to level up after a few runs of Halloween part 2 tonight. More SW Franky sockets would have been nice, but I'm pleased with the progress on some units.

Adeptrain

After hours and hours of trying and failing at 19 or 20, I finally did it!

I had lvl 2 Anti-Lock (not important after Namule), lvl 3 Anti-Despair (only need lvl 1), lvl 3 Auto-Heal and lvl 1 Orb sockets.

I followed this guide. The hardest part was surviving against Vista on 19, while stalling to get IntHawk back up for 20. If you don't get enough meat you'll die and there went 20-30 minutes of your life.

I couldn't pull it off with Dex/IntHawk, 2x IntHawk or 2x Ray teams. The 2x Enel team was far easier to do, just really long and aggrivating when I died to Vista or messed up my burst timing on Whitebeard.

Sad thing is, I've been waiting to get Perona's Special MAX'd and get some heal sockets on her before trying the stage.

Congrats!! I still need to do the ships..:/ It just seems like such a long fight....

Congrats!! I still need to do the ships..:/ It just seems like such a long fight....
I have only done Mihawk and Whitebeard Forests so far. The successful run for Beard took ~30 min with the Enel team
(after countless hours of failed runs...)
. Marco took quite a while to clear by doing only ~50-100k dmg per turn after his heal. Both Vistas took a while as well, due to stalling on them (IntHawk is used 3 times and currently has a 25 CD unless someone is a super rich whale). At least the strategy was super simple.

Just pulled one of the best characters in the Crows X Worst game I've been playing. Good times.

I kinda miss that pre-Mihawk era where Arlong was like having a legend. He's still a great sub, even now.

I fed my arlong to my new zoro..i felt bad for doing it but 3d2y zoro is essentially an upgraded version of him isn't he? I also wanted those atck cotton candies on zoro is also why

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I fed my arlong to my new zoro..i felt bad for doing it but 3d2y zoro is essentially an upgraded version of him isn't he? I also wanted those atck cotton candies on zoro is also why

Was that your only Arlong? If so, you should probably not do that. Arlong can be gotten again via farming, so it's not a big deal, but even similar color/types are useful to keep. There's very little in the way of redundancy in OPTC. In the future, if you need a STR slasher team, you would probably want both 3D2Y Zoro and Arlong on a team. Or, you'd want him on a STR Powerhouse team. He's also still one of the highest ATK characters in the game to date.

Tidd

Colosseum Kinemon seems like a pretty great character.

- 5 SOCKETS!!!!
- Special: Slasher and Freedom units' special reduced by 1 CD, when HP 70% or above, change adjacent slots to matching slots
- Captain: Freedom unit gets 2.5x Atk boost, at end of turn, recover 2x HP of Kinemon
- Starting cool down is 16!!!!

I want him NOW. But he's probably pretty hard. His colosseum stage costs 50 stamina.

Was that your only Arlong? If so, you should probably not do that. Arlong can be gotten again via farming, so it's not a big deal, but even similar color/types are useful to keep. There's very little in the way of redundancy in OPTC. In the future, if you need a STR slasher team, you would probably want both 3D2Y Zoro and Arlong on a team. Or, you'd want him on a STR Powerhouse team. He's also still one of the highest ATK characters in the game to date.

Yeah it was i just thought that i have plenty of STR units to use in teams that i didn't need that arlong anymore

RedBoot

As far as random no-pulls go, I still have yet to get Bellmere. I've only pulled Nojiko once and Kaya twice (pulled both Kayas during 7/11, too). Crocus and Hoto/Koto, on the other hand, visit quite frequently. But I tend to get Baroque Works people as my silvers.

I really would like them to add the next wave of the silver pulls though, if only for variety's sake. Also because pulling 3* Hiluluk will never not be funny.

Colosseum Kinemon seems like a pretty great character.

- 5 SOCKETS!!!!
- Special: Slasher and Freedom units' special reduced by 1 CD, when HP 70% or above, change adjacent slots to matching slots
- Captain: Freedom unit gets 2.5x Atk boost, at end of turn, recover 2x HP of Kinemon
- Starting cool down is 16!!!!

I want him NOW. But he's probably pretty hard. His colosseum stage costs 50 stamina.

He's kind of insane. Better captain than INTvankov, plus consistent orbs for Free Spirit teams (as if SW Franky needed to get better).

The sockets are what gets me though. I'm actually curious, between him and Gild Tesoro having five sockets, plus the more recent fortnight characters having three sockets (Young Baby 5 and Law, the new Buggy and Mr. 3), I wonder if they're slowly inching up the average socket count? This would mean that upcoming content would be more socket-dependant...which is kind of a natural evolution of the game anyway.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Yeah it was i just thought that i have plenty of STR units to use in teams that i didn't need that arlong anymore

I'm willing to bet that the majority of people here still have their Arlongs, even with a ton of powerful STR units. Even if he wasn't in the top bracket of ATK units in all of OPTC, it's just a good idea to hold onto different characters. I'd suggest grabbing another when you can.

I'm willing to bet that the majority of people here still have their Arlongs, even with a ton of powerful STR units. Even if he wasn't in the top bracket of ATK units in all of OPTC, it's just a good idea to hold onto different characters. I'd suggest grabbing another when you can.

Yeah ill grab one again eventually

Top Bottom