• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

MANUELF

Banned
Well that was fast, already got all of the New characters on the Dr Indigo Fortnight, now to Get Halloween Robin and Zoro and both Brook and Ryuma

Adeptrain

Well that was fast, already got all of the New characters on the Dr Indigo Fortnight, now to Get Halloween Robin and Zoro and both Brook and Ryuma

What was the secret character for the Dr Indigo fortnight? I tried to look it up on the database, but it's not listed yet :/

Jayhawk

accidentally fed my spare 3d2y brooks instead of halloween brooks

sigh.

lol I did the same thing too. :( Oh well, my 3D2Y Brook's skill was already maxed from the skill book drops the other week.

In the first three hours of this new week, I already have 3 auto-heal sockets and 1 despair socket on 3D2Y Zoro.

Hana-Bi

Do I want to socket my SW Brook (strongest global PSY slasher apart from 6* Shanks) or 3D2Y Brook (situationally useful orb changer QCK slasher)?

I socket my 3D2Y Brook. His special is better and this way I have a nice rainbow slasher team with IntHawk, 3D2Y Zoro, SW Shanks and Doffy.

But if you don't have SW Shanks both Brooks aren't that bad.

Hana-Bi

extremely disappointed that we got the dumbed down version of the fortnight this time too.

Yeah, but they changed the buffs too. In japan driven and powerhouse chars got the attack buff and slasher/fighter the hp buff. Now only driven chars get the attack buff and powerhouse chars the hp buff.

Died on my first try with my Lucci team though. Got him under 50% hp and he did more damage than his normal attacks whoch killed me. Forgot to bring Marco with me so that was a stupid mistake.

I'm having an easy time with

Whitebeard x2
Lao G/RR Jabra
Garp/GP Usopp

I'm just glad to finally be able to use WB as a captain.

Now I just have to decide whether to prioritize skillups or sockets for Sanji.

Kyou

My regular old Rayleigh team is tearing this fn apart even with only one driven character

Going over to hw2 now that I got all the characters though

MiTYH

Easy new FN, already done with it. Need the secret drop and the gorilla thing, but for now, HW Zoro farming. Need 1 more skillup and a few autoheal orbs, so let's get going!

Tidd

LOL Bandai helping newbies with the game. (At least 15months too late but whatever) Funny that Bandai confirmed that they fucked up Sogeking.

He's kind of insane. Better captain than INTvankov, plus consistent orbs for Free Spirit teams (as if SW Franky needed to get better).

HIS MAX COOL DOWN IS 5!!!!!!
You can reduce Slasher and Freedom cool downs by 1 every 5 turns and also get 3 matching orbs! This would reduce Inthawk's special down to 14. (19-2CD sockets-3 special usages).

Adeptrain

Another day of dumping all my stamina at Alvida, another day of no Alvida drop. I swear I'm being trolled.

Not sure if you followed the optc Reddit, but this popped up about a clash of something in November. One of the clashes..err, Nov 15th is double drop rate on Alvida's Fortnight. Good chance to get her.

http://imgur.com/a/xlMoD

Just scroll down to the second pic

bjork

I really really really hope Halloween Zoro has a better drop rate than the last time we had these FNs.

Would you believe me if I tell you I have yet to pull Nojiko?

Yes, because I think I got all of yours.

My Nojiko is 5 despair/3 bind, evolved and at level 46, all from dupes.

Did the same. Miss Goldenweek :(

Evolved and level/skill maxed, with 3 cd/2 bind... if I'm being serious, I've pulled her at least 30-40x.

bobohoro

Quick socket question:
I know that I will socket HW Zoro (if he decides to drop sometime) and SW Brook.
The rare Wolf Usopp will go to Impact.
And I guess Devil Girl Robin will be fed to herself, since I only have Devil Child and no other Robin.

What to do with Sanji?
DJ or SW are my options. The first seems like a decent QCK-sub and good for turtle time, the latter has pretty nice stats for INT/Fighter and a last-resort special. Although the mats to evolve are kinda rare. I don't really need either of them as far as I'm concerned, but I have to do something with the ghost Sanjis.

Hana-Bi

A striker team with Kid as a captain works great for the new fn. Just throw in some driven/powerhouse striker and you can clear the fn without problem.

RedBoot

HIS MAX COOL DOWN IS 5!!!!!!
You can reduce Slasher and Freedom cool downs by 1 every 5 turns and also get 3 matching orbs! This would reduce Inthawk's special down to 14. (19-2CD sockets-3 special usages).

Well, I guess he's earned that 50 stamina cost per run. :p

Lots of good F2P characters recently in JPN. Tesoro, Raid Akainu, and now Kinemon. Somehow Young Whitebeard ended up being meh in comparison.

bjork

What to do with Sanji?
DJ or SW are my options. The first seems like a decent QCK-sub and good for turtle time, the latter has pretty nice stats for INT/Fighter and a last-resort special. Although the mats to evolve are kinda rare. I don't really need either of them as far as I'm concerned, but I have to do something with the ghost Sanjis.

I'd probably just use them on SW Sanji since he has 4 slots, so socketing would theoretically be less annoying there. Unless someone's found some really awesome use for DJ Sanji outside of the rare need for a fixed damage special and turtle times, he doesn't seem to be too essential. Even as a QCK sub, there are better options all over the place.

EMT0

Banned
I got her from her first mission in Loguetown if that helps

It does, but then I saw the news below...

Not sure if you followed the optc Reddit, but this popped up about a clash of something in November. One of the clashes..err, Nov 15th is double drop rate on Alvida's Fortnight. Good chance to get her.

http://imgur.com/a/xlMoD

Just scroll down to the second pic

It's like Bandai's spying on my account and seeing exactly what I need to advance :')

I'd probably just use them on SW Sanji since he has 4 slots, so socketing would theoretically be less annoying there. Unless someone's found some really awesome use for DJ Sanji outside of the rare need for a fixed damage special and turtle times, he doesn't seem to be too essential. Even as a QCK sub, there are better options all over the place.
That's what I'm doing. Gonna use this week to socket 3D2Y Zoro, 3D2Y Brook, SW Sanji and Log Robin.

RedBoot

I'm feeding mine to DJ Sanji just to try and get some Cooldown Reduction sockets, but that's purely a min/max Princess Turtles sort of thing. If I had SW or 3D2Y Sanji, I'd be feeding them instead.

Wow, the drop rate for hw fn is really low. 8 runs and I only got 7 strawhats copies in total...

I've somehow gotten Brook on nearly every run so far. Robin and Zoro are average, while I've gotten only 2 Sanjis. Zoro's the main one I want to socket (for SW Zoro) though. I'll actually be feeding the Brooks to my Halloween Brook, as I don't have any of the rare recruit ones and I've somehow never managed to get a skillup on HW Brook despite farming this fortnight every time it's appeared.

Hana-Bi

I've somehow gotten Brook on nearly every run so far. Robin and Zoro are average, while I've gotten only 2 Sanjis. Zoro's the main one I want to socket (for SW Zoro) though. I'll actually be feeding the Brooks to my Halloween Brook, as I don't have any of the rare recruit ones and I've somehow never managed to get a skillup on HW Brook despite farming this fortnight every time it's appeared.

I need to socket every char for their 3d2y versions. So far I have:

9 Brook
8 Robin
3 Sanji
2 Zoro

And Sanji and Zoro are the real mvps for me. :(

Majukun

I'm going to try a Raid Mihawk slasher team, since it sounds like that might be a doable thing. If that doesn't work, then maybe a G3 team or a Bartolomeo team.

i looked around and i think i'll go with

sw ace
zephyr
duval
blackbeard
heracles'n
gp usopp (or any unit really since it gets locked..depends on how easy is to stall)

no orb luck required at all

Kyou

if a Rayleigh team is doable I'll just stick with him. He's been serving me well in the Colos.

Speaking of which, the socket book I got from the new rating island got him one step closer to being finished, I still need to figure out where all my socket books are going to go when he's done.

Maybe... story qck Lucci to save myself some sanity?

EMT0

Banned
So guys, quick question. Outside of a few exceptions, most of the Halloween characters aren't particularly stellar. There's also no real point keeping those characters, as far as I can tell so should I be using them as socket fodder?

The only ones that seem worth keeping around are Halloween Franky, Zoro, and Usopp. Luffy isn't very useful to me because I have Zeff. Robin seems potentially handy, so worth keeping for now. Everybody else looks like socket bait. Just wanted to run it by you guys real quick before I do something dumb.

RedBoot

I'm going to try a Raid Mihawk slasher team, since it sounds like that might be a doable thing. If that doesn't work, then maybe a G3 team or a Bartolomeo team.

The Mihawk teams I've seen seem doable but a bit dependent on orb luck, which is something I try to avoid relying on. If nothing else, I'll have them as a fall-back.

I've seen mixed reports on how well Sengoku handles this one. Lola appears to be almost required, which is fine since mine is triple-maxed. I'm going to try running a team with an unevolved Hack to get both a 20% health cut and a guaranteed orb. I think the team can handle Hawkins, it's more of a question as to whether I can get past Mr. Prince.

I also drummed up a Double Kid team and a Kyros team that seem like they could work, but I'll have to worry about finding enough friend captains for both.

I'm not sure how well G3 teams will do since you'll be short one member thanks to Mr. Prince. Barto should do fine, I think.

So guys, quick question. Outside of a few exceptions, most of the Halloween characters aren't particularly stellar. There's also no real point keeping those characters, as far as I can tell so should I be using them as socket fodder?

The only ones that seem worth keeping around are Halloween Franky, Zoro, and Usopp. Luffy isn't very useful to me because I have Zeff. Robin seems potentially handy, so worth keeping for now. Everybody else looks like socket bait. Just wanted to run it by you guys real quick before I do something dumb.

Zoro's the standout, good delayer and QCK beatstick for Slasher teams. I still use him occasionally even now. Franky's got some use too, though if you have 3D2Y or SW Franky I'd say the sockets are more useful. Usopp's only good if you don't have Impact Usopp, and even then, I'd just say to get Impact since he's farmable now.

Halloween Brook had some use back in the day as a healer for Slasher teams, but you need him to get a lot of skill-ups, and even then the fortnight Brook can do more or less the same thing. Plus there's other options for Slasher healers now.

Robin would be usable if we had the same version as Japan (who heals blindness), but for some reason they changed her for Global. :/

MANUELF

Banned
Zoro's the standout, good delayer and QCK beatstick for Slasher teams. I still use him occasionally even now. Franky's got some use too, though if you have 3D2Y or SW Franky I'd say the sockets are more useful. Usopp's only good if you don't have Impact Usopp, and even then, I'd just say to get Impact since he's farmable now.
:/
How low is the change to get Hamer Usopp from Water Seven? I have like 10 skillbooks for Impact Usopp that I want to use

Jayhawk

Robin would be usable if we had the same version as Japan (who heals blindness), but for some reason they changed her for Global. :/

Robin's special giving the top row DEX orbs and a low max cooldown gives her some uses. Combo'd with an orb swapper, she's good for Sengoku DEX-based speed-run teams.

RedBoot

How low is the change to get Hamer Usopp from Water Seven? I have like 10 skillbooks for Impact Usopp that I want to use

Not great. I didn't farm him myself (pulled him plenty of times from sugos), but I've read people having to do a lot of runs. Probably about as likely as getting Croc to drop. It's likely that you'll get him from sugo after long enough.

Either way, though, he's absolutely worth having. He's the best PSY damage booster, and that's unlikely to change any time soon.

Robin's special giving the top row DEX orbs and a low max cooldown gives her some uses. Combo'd with an orb swapper, she's good for Sengoku DEX-based speed-run teams.

She certainly has potential, I've just never managed to find a use for her myself. :p The other issue with the Halloween Hats is that most of them require a few skill-ups to be usable (though that's less vital for Sengoku teams), so the more copies you put to their skill ups, the less you can use for sockets and the like. Just gotta decide where you want to put your resources. :)

RalchAC

If I remember right they changed Robin's special because we didn't have blind yet

We had got Blind like once in Skypiea,I think. They just didn't want to give a Blind removal so soon so we could suffer how terrible it is.

A year later, I'm still waiting for a F2P Blind removal.

RedBoot

We had got Blind like once in Skypiea,I think. They just didn't want to give a Blind removal so soon so we could suffer how terrible it is.

A year later, I'm still waiting for a F2P Blind removal.

We got the Halloween fortnights right after Absalom, so we at least had that for blindness. I think some people speculated that they didn't want to make that fortnight too easy or something. :p

Anyway, I guess Genzo's going to be pretty popular when we finally get him, he'll be the closest thing to F2P blind removal.

LVeyopF.jpg
VQQGdNE.jpg
huPUxgv.jpg
91LaOo6.jpg
I think it was a good day.

bobohoro

That's what I thought, thanks!
And probably won't get much done anyway, Sanji only dropped once in roughly 8 runs. Zoro twice. Brook once.
And i have five copies of Robin who I don't need.
This is starting off really well.

RedBoot

Oh, and since it hasn't been posted here, the next RR batch in Japan features Legend Akainu with RR versions of Garp, Coby, Tsuru, Momonga, and Onigumo. So for all you Momonga/Onigumo fans who just couldn't be satisfied with Raid and Fortnight versions, this one's for you. :p

My own prediction had been Garp, Tsuru, Hina, and two of Doberman, Yamakaji, and John Giant, so I guess I was kind of close. A bit salty about no RR of Hina though, she needs a new version.

(My other dream of dreams was an RR that was either Coby+Helmeppo or Django+Fullbody, had both characters in the animation, and could be socketed with copies of either)

Tidd

Time to wreck everything with my SW Ace team? I hope I don't have to change teams. lol

First colosseum stage: Porche blocks specials for QCK, DEX, and STR units lol RIP SW ACE team. <- Not really but I hope i don't get this bs in future stages.

Top Bottom