• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Do we know how points are distributed? I mean, we have 3 difficulties, and both 10 and 20 stamina are quite easy. As long as you get to the Boss stage, you are going to be able to beat it, I think. After 2 turns, you are binded for 99 turns and the fight ends.
On 30 STA you have to actually beat Frieza. I think it took me ~5 turns when I did it (I wasted my Doffy special on Turn 1 with a still locked Momonga from the previous round).

I may farm 20 STA next week for lobsters, since that is super easy and fast.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Do we know how points are distributed? I mean, we have 3 difficulties, and both 10 and 20 stamina are quite easy. As long as you get to the Boss stage, you are going to be able to beat it, I think. After 2 turns, you are binded for 99 turns and the fight ends.

Multiple people have suggested that only 30 stamina counts since that's the only difficulty where you actually beat Frieza.

I don't know for certain but that seems to make sense.

RedBoot

Got a Boa book from Frieza. So he's got roughly the same drop rate as the Domino fortnight. :p

Interested to see how the drops are on 40 stam. As it is, there's some nice stuff for people who have a lot of units. Looks like our Log units will be forever unmaxed, though (until universal skillbooks).

Kyou

Multiple people have suggested that only 30 stamina counts since that's the only difficulty where you actually beat Frieza.

I don't know for certain but that seems to make sense.
I dunno, that'd be locking a LOT of people out of even participating in the event

On top of DBZDB having more players, even on the hardest difficulty you just lightly throw a stone at Doflamingo and he dies instantly

Hana-Bi

What are good sockets for 3D2Y Sanji? I have 2 autoheal for now

You can use damage reduction instead of cd reduction. With the rocketman ship damage reduction is actually good for a Sanji team.

And man, three stages of Colosseum takes a whole day to finish. :) At least I only used one LL team and didn't change a thing.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I dunno, that'd be locking a LOT of people out of even participating in the event

On top of DBZDB having more players, even on the hardest difficulty you just lightly throw a stone at Doflamingo and he dies instantly

That's true. I hope we get some clarification soon.

If I can run a lower stamina a few times to contribute, I would. But this week and next is Sanji week, and he's the absolute priority. I'm willing to gem pretty freely to get Sanji sockets. To date, even in Japan, I believe the halloween fortnight part 2 is the only reliable way to farm Sanji sockets. Every other strawhat had multiple sources.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
A QCK sugo is another way... :p

I've definitely gotten my fair share of Sanji sockets there as well. :(

Finished the new colo

Ray is now at 5/5/5/4 despair, lock, cd, heal

He's so close I can taste it

Are you going to use any additional forbidden tomes? It might be worth waiting until we have more specific socket tomes. My Rayleigh is currently 5/4/4/5, and I'm missing one Bind and one despair. If I get one of those in the next set of books, I think I'll just wait.

Kyou

I've definitely gotten my fair share of Sanji sockets there as well. :(

Are you going to use any additional forbidden tomes? It might be worth waiting until we have more specific socket tomes. My Rayleigh is currently 5/4/4/5, and I'm missing one Bind and one despair. If I get one of those in the next set of books, I think I'll just wait.
Yeah good idea, especially since heal doesn't necessarily need to be at 5

Still unsure where my books should go after Ray. Most good units I have are theoretically farmable

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Yeah good idea, especially since heal doesn't necessarily need to be at 5

Still unsure where my books should go after Ray. Most good units I have are theoretically farmable

They're slowly but surely making all RR have farmable sockets, so it's tough to say what the future holds. I've heard some suggest Monet as a decent candidate, and she would be pretty useful on a variety of teams with sockets.

RedBoot

Protip, just so nobody else has to get confused by this stage and run it more than they need to: The Miss Goldenweek fights in the Mr. 7/Friday Colo lower your attack drastically with her pre-emptive (I didn't notice it at first since the dialogue doesn't specifically mention it). And when I say drastically, I mean a full STR Gear 3rd team barely scratches her. This is the sort of fight where the much-hallowed Green General Zombie Strategy comes into play. If you don't happen to have one of those ready, you can use any direct damage special, even the non-fixed ones like the Sunny, Arlong, G2 Luffy, etc, since they aren't affected by the debuff and Goldenweek has low HP. In fact, a Fossa team would probably destroy her.

MANUELF

Banned
Protip, just so nobody else has to get confused by this stage and run it more than they need to: The Miss Goldenweek fights in the Mr. 7/Friday Colo lower your attack drastically with her pre-emptive (I didn't notice it at first since the dialogue doesn't specifically mention it). And when I say drastically, I mean a full STR Gear 3rd team barely scratches her. This is the sort of fight where the much-hallowed Green General Zombie Strategy comes into play. If you don't happen to have one of those ready, you can use any direct damage special, even the non-fixed ones like the Sunny, Arlong, G2 Luffy, etc, since they aren't affected by the debuff and Goldenweek has low HP. In fact, a Fossa team would probably destroy her.

A diamante special ANNHILIATES her

Majukun

did only 3 gates today, hawkins chaos and wiper chaos and underground..oh well there's really no hurry in completing the colosseum stages, next time

RedBoot

did only 3 gates today, hawkins chaos and wiper chaos and underground..oh well there's really no hurry in completing the colosseum stages, next time

My policy for Day 1 Colo is always just to clear everything once, then worry about actual farming on the later dates.

Granted, that's a lot more work on sets with 3 characters like this one as opposed to Smoker/Hina from last time (4 sets) and Coby/Alvida for next time (which will actually be 6 sets, I think).

EMT0

Banned
That's true. I hope we get some clarification soon.

If I can run a lower stamina a few times to contribute, I would. But this week and next is Sanji week, and he's the absolute priority. I'm willing to gem pretty freely to get Sanji sockets. To date, even in Japan, I believe the halloween fortnight part 2 is the only reliable way to farm Sanji sockets. Every other strawhat had multiple sources.

I've ran 15 stamina Halloween pt 2 about 12 times and have yet to get a single Sanji, it's getting rather disappointing for my 3D2Y Sanji.

MANUELF

Banned
I've ran 15 stamina Halloween pt 2 about 12 times and have yet to get a single Sanji, it's getting rather disappointing for my 3D2Y Sanji.

Thats definitely bad luck, I have gotten him twice in 4 runs and I have yet to play it more because of getting all the other characters an coliseum,

Tidd

Looks like I kept one for nothing. One SW Ace special cleared the whole stage. .__.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Thats definitely bad luck, I have gotten him twice in 4 runs and I have yet to play it more because of getting all the other characters an coliseum,

You were actually pretty lucky. Sanji droprate is definitely not 50% on 30 stamina, and it's worse on 15 stamina.

I finished Hawkins Chaos, but I'll save the rest until after next week. Coliseum will be back, but HW2 is only here for the week.

Kyou

I just realized that in a ton of runs I haven't gotten a single Rayleigh book

I forgot they even dropped on Halloween 2

MANUELF

Banned
The first set of rewards from the crossover event are already out, 3 gems, a nami and zoro sockets, 500k bells and a set of baby turtles

RedBoot

Managed to beat Hawkins with a poor man's Croc team (Double Croc, Heracles'n, Mr. 1, Log Nami, and Sengoku appearing as the Locked Man). Not convinced it would be consistent enough for farming, but if I get the damage timing perfect it might work out.

Really wish I had more skill levels on Kuma though, I don't think I can stall enough to use him. If only he'd come back MORE THAN ONE TIME. :p

There is a serious lack of STR Cerebral characters.

At any rate, there's each Colo cleared. I'll figure out a consistent Hawkins team and start the farming next time. I'd really like to farm Wyper too if I can, and I'd even grab some Mr. 7s for dumb Sengoku teams if I had infinite time.

Looks like I kept one for nothing. One SW Ace special cleared the whole stage. .__.

I think there are later Colos that use it as well, so it'll probably be useful when we fight stuff with more HP than Goldenweek. :)

Adeptrain

I'm doing my part by running the Freezia event as often as I can for a small, small tiny chance at a Sengoku book..:/ Still haven't gotten one ㅠㅠ

RalchAC

Yeah, it's a dream all right with how OPTC peeps are going.

There is a raidboss today, man. And it's Zephyr. A raid that:

A) It's easy.
B) It's the second time he has appeared.

It's normal if today things are a bit slow.

I've farmed 10 copies myself. Not because I really needed (although my Zephyr needs 2 s.ups) but because I would rather run a raid boss than doing Sea Horse Paradise for an Elder Horse copy lol.

bobohoro

That's not the Sanji I wanted. Damn you Bandai!

Not quite sure if I want to farm Zephyr, especially since there is no purple lobster in his stage. Slow runs (Double Garp with Marco, Perona, MT Nami and GPU for max safety) and HW Part II kinda keep me from comitting to it. I also don't own SW Ace and a maxed Shooter boat is months away for me, probably. I think I'll skip him for the time being.

On the other hand, HW Zoro refuses to drop for me. I think I'm below 20% in ~15 runs.
Brook is nice on that part, but only seems to max resilience sockets.

Hana-Bi

Damn, if Akainus description is correct he's the most op thing you can get:

Captain: Increses crew's atk by 2.25, increases it by another 1,75 for characters who have a STR orb, and increases the rate of STR orbs ( 3.9375x for any unit with a STR orb )

Special: Deals very large non-type dmg to all enemies, randomizes all orbs except STR, and boosts the atk of characters with a cost of 50 and over by 1,75x for 2 turns

Wtf?

bjork

Finished the two lower tier colosseums yesterday, then only did that Hawkins one on Chaos. I whiffed on Hawkins once, but just spent the gem to finish it up. I'll do Wiper and the Baroque ones on Chaos when it comes back in a day or two.

Gonna forego Zephyr for Halloween 2, since I got Billy from the Scarlet FN and so I'm done there. But it's a day off so I'm planning to go in deep. Hopefully it happens this time. I'd like to actually finish a character for once.

Dandte

Damn, if Akainus description is correct he's the most op thing you can get:

Captain: Increses crew's atk by 2.25, increases it by another 1,75 for characters who have a STR orb, and increases the rate of STR orbs ( 3.9375x for any unit with a STR orb )

Special: Deals very large non-type dmg to all enemies, randomizes all orbs except STR, and boosts the atk of characters with a cost of 50 and over by 1,75x for 2 turns

Wtf?

Funny thing, even thoug his Special only works for str, his captain also boosts non str so you will always have firepower.
Plus raidbosses are also 50

RedBoot

Colo Oar Jr. special do that for one turn. Also Young doffy make any color beneficial for 3 turns for driven

It would be kind of funny if the entire purpose of Legend Akainu was to give Young Doffy something to do (since Akainu's more likely to use Raid Kuma as his orb booster). :p

Anyway, I can't quite decide if Akainu is broken or just super good. It might depend on just how much he boosts STR orbs. If it's less than SW Shanks, then it isn't too bad. Even though he's a "universal" booster, he still mostly wants STR units since any non-STR units have to choose between the 1.75 boost for having a STR orb or the boosts they get from having an orb of their color (which would also include the boosts from orb boosting specials). Granted, a 2.25 ATK boost at absolute worst is still pretty strong. In that way, he compares a lot to SW Ace and Fujitora, in that the teams need specific orbs to be at their best. Of course, his attack boosts are higher than theirs, and missing out on the HP boosts isn't too bad when you have the proper ship. Any legend who looks better than Fuji and Ace (not to mention totally clowning Shanks) is going to be good.

But he's still a legend who relies a lot on chance. Even with his STR orb boost and matching orb sockets, you still have to win the dice roll. Akainu teams should still pack a full STR orb combo (and on that note, we're lucky he can't team with Raid Akainu without making that his friend captain). And for all we know, they're planning on adding more enemies that mess with your orbs constantly. We've certainly gotten a lot of good orb manipulation lately, after all.

If nothing else, Akainu will wreck basically every DEX raid from here on. :p Whether he can handle, say, QCK raids, will be the question.

MANUELF

Banned
What Do You guys think of my japanese team?
I3mZ5Mz.png

bjork

Two weeks ago I ordered a key for my car. Dude says they'll call when it comes in. So today I got tired of waiting, so I called them. The guy says it came the next day, but that they don't call you. So why take my phone number? Had to make an appointment to get it programmed, so that'll be one of my vacation mornings, I guess.

I went outside to do yardwork and it started to rain. Came back in, it dried up shortly. Went back out, started to rain again. Going outside is cancelled, let's go farm SHs.

This event is really frustrating. I'm not playing much OPTC right now but I am playing a lot of DBZDB. There's a huge event coming on there very soon and this current cross over could help me have an extra shot at getting a very rare character. Only problem is since I've not played in a while I can't really think of a good approach, I don't have PHY slashers and I've not been playing enough to level Garp or any other leads. I only want to unlock the next step since DBZDB is already pulling well ahead and is on it's way to crossing what's likely the next goal.

Then as others have said in here we don't know if the 20 stam even contributes to it's a possible waste of time to even try that.

Kyou

Then as others have said in here we don't know if the 20 stam even contributes to it's a possible waste of time to even try that.
I'm still really confused why people think it doesn't count.

sure it probably counts for less but there's 0% chance they would restrict contributing to high level players

Jayhawk

Considering the limited-time captain effect of the Luffy all players start with lines up with the timing of the Frieza event, they'd want new players only playing for the cross-promotion to contribute... not just the people who can clear the hardest difficulty.

Top Bottom