• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Adeptrain

we have even surpassed dokkan in the fireza event...but i don't know if we'll make it

Really surprised we suprassed Dokkan! o_O I'm not farming Freezia as much since I haven't gotten a single Legendary skill book yet and that was my main reason for farming the event...ㅠㅠ

I think I'm going to wait until the last day when the HW FN is half stamina to finish my Strawhat sockets. My 3D2Y Zoro is finished, 3D2Y Sanji is missing 1 cd and 1 bind, 3D2Y Brook is missing 2 auto-heal, and my 3D2Y Robin (who I am less concerned about maxing) is missing 3 bind and 1 despair. The plan was to finish sockets with the HW FN before I started Dr. Indigo, the coliseum, and Frieza simply because mass farming is a much bigger pain in the ass when you don't have something like 50+ free inventory slots but as of yesterday I felt like I was far enough along to start going after skill books. I'll probably have to bite the bullet on more inventory space soon if I want to get enough Sanji and Chopper books AND farm Hawkins.

MiTYH

Does anyone have a Hawkins team that uses an INThawk captain? Or a reliable F2P one? I was doing Frieza for a bit but I'm finally ready to switch over, can't find a decent guide yet

EDIT: Nevermind, made a team of double INTHawk, Doffy, Young Arlong, GP, and Slasherdile (who gets locked). Stall enough, final stage used doffy, then use both INTHawks and win. Easy peasy

bjork

Got through most of Wiper on Chaos during a break at work, just gotta run the final stage and it's done.

I'm officially on vacation, so hopefully this week I can knock out some missing story units and whatnot. All of my farming attempts this week resulted in tons of skillbooks for units I already finished or will never use.

Hana-Bi

For the Golden Lion fn I ran a Kid team, sadly not many friends have Kid up. And my SW Shanks team isn't that consistent and I died two times already...

bjork

I let the blind guy shoot me too many times, so Wiper's pre-emptive took me out. After that, though, zero trouble. So if I planned a little better, no sweat.

Used the books on Bartolomeo, and he has 5 in bind and 5 in auto-heal now, and a despair socket finally showed up so I could drop poison.

mileS

Need to get back in the swing of things. Setting 2 goals to progress.

1) force myself to do more turtle time. Never seem to want to do a full 30min when my alarm goes off.
2) stop pulling every sugo. This will be hard for me but I need to spend gems on stam refills more often. I've had strong enough will to not try multipull yet, so I'd like to save enough for 2 of those one sugo down the road.

MANUELF

Banned
Grats!! I'm honestly impressed at all the story characters you've gotten to drop :) I have soooo many I need to get sooner or later...
Im so glad to finally have him since my Psy team is my Best team and I was using HW Usopp as a stopgate while I Get him, now I can safely level him up and now who should I aim for? Mr 1, Doublefinger or Tilestone?

Edit: the skillup rate is HORRIBLE, I gave him 13 skillbooks and I got 0 skillups

Adeptrain

Alright!! Time to finally get a mihawk! Anyone else gonna be farming him non-stop for the next 24 hours? Also, how many copies should I farm to be on the safe side of skill-ups?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Alright!! Time to finally get a mihawk! Anyone else gonna be farming him non-stop for the next 24 hours? Also, how many copies should I farm to be on the safe side of skill-ups?

Generally to be safe, you want 75 copies during a 2X skillup, usually 5 copies per special level needed. But you don't have to feel pressured to get it all done in one go.

The rate outside of skillup is around 1/12.

RedBoot

Sitting at 18 Hawkins after Week 1. Not sure how many I want to get total, I don't have RR Hawkins so I don't really need extras. Maybe 50 or so, plus skillbooks?

Time to get back to slapping around Frieza, I guess.

Edit: the skillup rate is HORRIBLE, I gave him 13 skillbooks and I got 0 skillups

Yeeeeah, that's why we all wait for Skill-Up events. :)

Luckily Impact Usopp is still usable at skill level 1, 17 is generally the sweet spot for stalling.

EMT0

Banned

I just got my first Mihawk but I can't bring myself to farm him. I actually cleared him pretty easily, but my base stamina is waaay too shit to be spending gems on stamina refills(62).

Based Gear Third Luffy, carrying my ass to victory :')
My team was double Gear Third Luffy, Halloween Franky, Arlong, Kaku, and GP Usopp. I didn't actually end up needing Kaku though, GP Usopp's special was enough for me to get the job done despite whiffing a turn.

Finally!

uvSEyJ4.png

Now to wait for book farming during 1/2 stamina. It took a few gems, and I know there's a small window during 1/2 stamina where I still could have farmed hw part 2 for some sanji sockets, which might have been smarter to wait for. But i'm just glad I finally have his sockets maxed. He was a pain.

Damn, I thought it was only the returning FNs that were half stamina, not all of them. Had I known that I would have actually done the coliseum the last few days instead of waiting.

Adeptrain

Ok, So farming Mihawk isn't too bad...especially with Log Luffy :) But I ran out of Log luffy friends :/ If any of you have a LL please add me as I need to farm about 90 more copies (I'm aiming for an even 100).

ID: 492,383,762

bjork

Im so glad to finally have him since my Psy team is my Best team and I was using HW Usopp as a stopgate while I Get him, now I can safely level him up and now who should I aim for? Mr 1, Doublefinger or Tilestone?

Do you have Mihawk already? If not, he is top priority today, at least one copy.

After that, Mr. 1 is a solid slasher booster, Doublefinger is a solid DEX booster, and Tilestone is key for princess turtles. So whichever kind of team you're likely to look into first, that's the one to pick.

Kumo

Croc owners, how did you guys socket 3d2y Robin? I'm seeing people recommend poison and environmental sockets over the usual heal, orb, etc for her since she's only ever used in croc teams. But wouldn't I need to socket other characters with bad sockets to get the full effect?

RalchAC

Finally!

Now to wait for book farming during 1/2 stamina. It took a few gems, and I know there's a small window during 1/2 stamina where I still could have farmed hw part 2 for some sanji sockets, which might have been smarter to wait for. But i'm just glad I finally have his sockets maxed. He was a pain.

You did well imo. The half stamina event starts a day before the rotation so if you have bad luck, you are busy or just get tired of playing you're pretty fucked.

I'm at 9/20 myself. I've been aiming for Bind / Despair / Orbs / Heal and I haven't got a single heal yet. Sigh...

Hana-Bi

Croc owners, how did you guys socket 3d2y Robin? I'm seeing people recommend poison and environmental sockets over the usual heal, orb, etc for her since she's only ever used in croc teams. But wouldn't I need to socket other characters with bad sockets to get the full effect?

I socket her with poison and map and yeah, you need to socket other chars with that too.

My socket plan looks like this:

Croc captain: Bind / Despair / Map / Poison
Croc friend: Bind / Despair / CD / Orb
Doffy/Kalifa: Bind / Despair / CD / Heal
Robin: Bind / Despair / Map / Poison
Kuma: CD / Map / Poison
Heracles: CD / Map / Poison

Adeptrain

I socket her with poison and map and yeah, you need to socket other chars with that too.

I'm far away from fielding my legend croc.. But, for future reference, why so much poison and map socket? Thought those two were like the lowest teir of usefulness?

On a side note, 20 mihawks down... 80 to go!! Every run is giving me a green daimyo turtle too O_O

bobohoro

Feed the first 5 Mihawks to decide on a socket (CDR it is).
Didn't get a skill-up. Thought it has to happen next time (probability, how does it work? /s) and realised I just wasted 10 copies, which would have been a fifth of my goal.
Yeah, this game brings out the dumb in me quite often.

On the other hand it feels really good to feed 5 copies and get 5 useful sockets. My SW Sanji is already looking to be fully socketed by the end of the week thanks to that.
Can't say the same about SW Brook and HW Zoro.

RalchAC

I'm far away from fielding my legend croc.. But, for future reference, why so much poison and map socket? Thought those two were like the lowest teir of usefulness?

On a side note, 20 mihawks down... 80 to go!! Every run is giving me a green daimyo turtle too O_O

Crocodile thrives at low HP so enviromental damage and poison could be deadly for him, while a lot of teams can just tank that damage. So it would be smart to have enough poison and enviromental protection sockets to nullify said damage.

Feed the first 5 Mihawks to decide on a socket (CDR it is).
Didn't get a skill-up. Thought it has to happen next time (probability, how does it work? /s) and realised I just wasted 10 copies, which would have been a fifth of my goal.
Yeah, this game brings out the dumb in me quite often.

On the other hand it feels really good to feed 5 copies and get 5 useful sockets. My SW Sanji is already looking to be fully socketed by the end of the week thanks to that.
Can't say the same about SW Brook and HW Zoro.

I would strongly recommend you to save those 40 Mihawks (and some more if posible) and use them on a skill up event, even if you have to expand your character box in order to keep them.

Unless yours need like 3-4 skill up to get to max, of course.

MiTYH

Man, I cannot WAIT until INThawk books come out. I'm not saying I couldn't stall on Coliseum Hawkins until they were ready, buuuut it got annoying having to wait that long. Books, come now!

Anyway got a bunch of copies. Guess I'll do Frieza today? Might as well, we're close to the highest level and I think we'll be fine to get it in time.

MANUELF

Banned
Do you have Mihawk already? If not, he is top priority today, at least one copy.

After that, Mr. 1 is a solid slasher booster, Doublefinger is a solid DEX booster, and Tilestone is key for princess turtles. So whichever kind of team you're likely to look into first, that's the one to pick.
I got him no problem

bobohoro

I would strongly recommend you to save those 40 Mihawks (and some more if posible) and use them on a skill up event, even if you have to expand your character box in order to keep them.

Unless yours need like 3-4 skill up to get to max, of course.

Nah, you're right. And that's what I wanted to do.
But I felt like my luck was good and RNG put me back in my place.
Up to 15 copies already again, let's see how long I'm in the mood for. 30 copies at least, but since he'll be back next month, I might just not completely tire me out today.

What would I give for the upped skill-up chance Japan already got. I think we aren't many patches away from that, right?

Okay, I give up.

How do you use Killer's captain ability? I tried getting consecutive Good, Great, Perfect and Miss yet none of them worked.

Also, why the hell am I getting so many failures when I try to upgrade Going Merry? Is there a trick to this that I'm not aware of? I've gotten 4 consecutive failures thus far!

bjork

Okay, I give up.

How do you use Killer's captain ability? I tried getting consecutive Good, Great, Perfect and Miss yet none of them worked.

Also, why the hell am I getting so many failures when I try to upgrade Going Merry? Is there a trick to this that I'm not aware of? I've gotten 4 consecutive failures thus far!

The way I use Killer is to just tap three guys real quick and then the fourth guy and so on with a perfect. Seems to work.

I had like 16 fails in a row with the Merry. It's a thirsty boat.

RedBoot

Yeah, suffering through the Merry's upgrades is a rite of passage in this game. :p You'll learn to hate Usopp, then love him again when GP Usopp saves you so many times.

But getting an ATK boosting ship is a major step towards getting stronger in the game, so it's worth it. And even though the Sunny is basically an upgrade over the Merry, most content can still be done with the Merry, so it's not really wasted time. There's no real "trick" to it since it's all RNG, but I generally waited til I had enough cola for several attempts in a row, just since you're bound to get at least one success in the batch. (Probably)

The way I use Killer is to just tap three guys real quick and then the fourth guy and so on with a perfect. Seems to work.

I had like 16 fails in a row with the Merry. It's a thirsty boat.

Yeah, suffering through the Merry's upgrades is a rite of passage in this game. :p You'll learn to hate Usopp, then love him again when GP Usopp saves you so many times.

But getting an ATK boosting ship is a major step towards getting stronger in the game, so it's worth it. And even though the Sunny is basically an upgrade over the Merry, most content can still be done with the Merry, so it's not really wasted time. There's no real "trick" to it since it's all RNG, but I generally waited til I had enough cola for several attempts in a row, just since you're bound to get at least one success in the batch. (Probably)
Thanks for the replies guys. I'll try to do that with Killer and see how it turns out.

That's bummer with Merry but I guess I have no other choice but to succumb to Usopp's mediocre upgrading skills :(

MANUELF

Banned
Thanks for the replies guys. I'll try to do that with Killer and see how it turns out.

That's bummer with Merry but I guess I have no other choice but to succumb to Usopp's mediocre upgrading skills :(
Yeah the Going Merry is very thirsty, in what level are you stuck? I actually had great luck in my japanese account since I already maxed the merry there and on my global account Im stuck in the last upgrade to the navy ship

PS: Finally did the Mihawk mission in the baratie so now I finished all missions and got all the rewards, is any of the ships good?

Hisoka

Yeah, good job with that Legend Akainu, Bandai...

I don't even need to max skill specials to beat Doflamingo and this is with a LEVEL 6 Merry.

http://optc-db.github.io/damage/#/t...66:99,263:99,15:50C1,10B0D0E1360Q0L0G0R2S100H

Oh and if you want to beat Mihawk just use GPU and 3 penguins: https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePieceTC/comments/5ad72v/this_is_not_ok_bandai/

Hmmm. At this rate, i wonder if it wouldn't be better to include some sort of rule where you must've at least advanced to a certain lvl, stage, story island or whatever to get the opportunity to pull smth like that.

RedBoot

PS: Finally did the Mihawk mission in the baratie so now I finished all missions and got all the rewards, is any of the ships good?

Bezan Black is decent for QCK teams as well as Princess Turtle teams.

The Dreadnaught Sabre gets used for Raid Usopp. Could also work for Blackbeard teams in theory, but the automatic damage might screw up your stalling at times so I think most people just stick with the Marine Ship.

RR30

Went 1/3 on my IntHawk sockets to completely max out his sockets (Despair/Lock/CD/Orbs). All done with him for good hopefully, though his isn't a bad raid. Back to Freiza for the random skill books until we finish the event.

I should have farmed Dr. Indigo because of Marco but meh. I haven't used him yet and he has 2 fortnights that drop his books. Can't wait until we get Colo Marco too in a year.

Yeah the Going Merry is very thirsty, in what level are you stuck? I actually had great luck in my japanese account since I already maxed the merry there and on my global account Im stuck in the last upgrade to the navy ship

I'm stuck on Level 6 Merry. And just had another failure :(

Jayhawk

Went 1/3 on my IntHawk sockets to completely max out his sockets (Despair/Lock/CD/Orbs). All done with him for good hopefully, though his isn't a bad raid. Back to Freiza for the random skill books until we finish the event.

I should have farmed Dr. Indigo because of Marco but meh. I haven't used him yet and he has 2 fortnights that drop his books. Can't wait until we get Colo Marco too in a year.

Surprised you went with orbs instead of auto-heal on IntHawk.

MiTYH

As an INTHawk user I'd say about 1/3 of the friendlist I have use orbs/CD instead of autoheal.

Personally, I love autoheal. I'm only at a point where I can get +500 a turn. Hopefully HW Zoro gets me that next level. It's pretty great to use IMO. For my last I went slots over CD, since it pairs well with using Doffy's special

Hana-Bi

Need only one orb and heal socket to max my IntHawk. Farmed 69 copies so far...

At least I leveled every unit I have to at least level 50 or max level. :)

You did well imo. The half stamina event starts a day before the rotation so if you have bad luck, you are busy or just get tired of playing you're pretty fucked.

I'm at 9/20 myself. I've been aiming for Bind / Despair / Orbs / Heal and I haven't got a single heal yet. Sigh...

That's true, and considering this is one of the only fortnights where sanji is farmable and not a secret stage I couldn't pass up the opportunity.

Good luck on yours! Keep at it, I hope you can get some heals. I had trouble deciding between orbs, CD, and damage reduction and just ended up going with whatever I got the most of.

Jayhawk

As an INTHawk user I'd say about 1/3 of the friendlist I have use orbs/CD instead of autoheal.

Personally, I love autoheal. I'm only at a point where I can get +500 a turn. Hopefully HW Zoro gets me that next level. It's pretty great to use IMO. For my last I went slots over CD, since it pairs well with using Doffy's special

My raid Doffy is CD/orbs, and orbs past level 1 isn't as big of a difference as a strong auto-heal to deal with the lack of RCV from Coffin Boat.

My 3D2Y Zoro and IntHawk are AH, Bind, Despair, CD. If I use a friend captain IntHawk with the same sockets, then I'm already at level 2 Bind, Despair, CD, and 1 AH socket away from level 4 AH.

I set up my 3D2Y Brook with AH, Bind, Despair, and Orbs to match the rest of the team if I need to use him. I will socket Momonga to be AH, Bind, and Despair when the buster call raid returns.

To get max auto-heal in my slasher team, every unit that isn't my raid Doffy needs max AH (minus 1 AH for one unit). Not too hard, since I am putting AH on almost everything.

Kumo

OK thanks. Seems like a lot of extra work for one team haha. Any reason why no damage reduction instead of poison or map?

RR30

I might switch it eventually but I have no problems with my slasher team right now and I'd have to change Croc and Doffy then as well. I normally end up with level two heal between Shanks and my other characters but I know level 5 is much much better.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Did that.

Didn't seem to work though :(

Are you practicing in the 0 stamina forest? You can keep trying there until it works.

Finally!

Congratulations! :3 Now for Sanji books...

de408uU.jpg

Top Bottom