• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

EMT0

Banned
Do you have Mihawk already? If not, he is top priority today, at least one copy.

Is a Mihawk with a vanilla special only useful as a captain? I can't think of anywhere that you'd bring him along just to use his special with that kind of cooldown.

bjork

Is a Mihawk with a vanilla special only useful as a captain? I can't think of anywhere that you'd bring him along just to use his special with that kind of cooldown.

I think as a 2.5 atk captain, he might be the best slasher captain available to manuelf, but I'm not sure what his box looks like now. Awhile back, Arlong was the top one he had iirc.

MANUELF

Banned
I think as a 2.5 atk captain, he might be the best slasher captain available to manuelf, but I'm not sure what his box looks like now. Awhile back, Arlong was the top one he had iirc.

Slashers? My best ones are Mihawk, Doflamingo, Arlong and Slasher Crocodile
Maybe Shanks, Ashura Zoro and Halloween Zoro

I may post my box again after I get Monster Chopper

Also I got a single skillup for my mihawk just like Enel xD

RedBoot

OK thanks. Seems like a lot of extra work for one team haha. Any reason why no damage reduction instead of poison or map?

I actually thought about putting Damage Reduction on Croc myself, but I figured it would make the math more complicated for stalling, since most guides are going to work around normal damage numbers. In contrast, I'm putting Damage Reduction on my Marco since less damage is just a good thing in general on him.

I'm just going for the standard Lock/Despair/CD/Orbs on my Croc. I understand the logic behind getting Poison and Environmental sockets for the team, but at the same time, we have yet to see any content that really relies on those. I'm sure it'll happen eventually (Magellan raid has got to be a thing), but I just can't plan around something that doesn't exist yet. If it happens, then I'll just have to figure it out then.

Also I still don't have 3D2Y Robin so my Croc team is going to be janky anyway :)

Jayhawk

Slashers? My best ones are Mihawk, Doflamingo, Arlong and Slasher Crocodile
Maybe Shanks, Ashura Zoro and Halloween Zoro

I may post my box again after I get Monster Chopper

Also I got a single skillup for my mihawk just like Enel xD

First, those Impact Usopp books and now Mihawk. Why are you wasting units on non-skill up events? Box space for skill ups more useful than half the story island units you're farming.

MANUELF

Banned
First, those Impact Usopp books and now Mihawk. Why are you wasting units on non-skill up events? Box space for skill ups more useful than half the story island units you're farming.

I only have gotten like 3 Mihawks so I actually lucked out(My Enel skilled up with my only other copy), the less we talk about the usopp thing the better :_:

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Honestly, half is being generous. There are really only like a handful of must have story units to farm.

Don't Yolo feed books unless you're willing to spend the better part of a year and a lot of gems to max a character. Maybe you'll get lucky. Everyone does at some point. Sooner or later it'll probably catch up.

1/12 rate during non skill up vs 1/4 or 1/5 during skill up event. There's no problem with Yolo feeding less important units or units where you have an excess of books, but that's not Mihawk or Impact Usopp.

RR30

Yeah I usually feed all of my non important books/characters from fortnights but you should really wait for important ones like Mihawk especially if you are a beginner.

Jayhawk

With all the gems from the crossover event, they're pretty much encouraging new players to farm enough Mihawk copies to max his skill.

Hana-Bi

OK thanks. Seems like a lot of extra work for one team haha. Any reason why no damage reduction instead of poison or map?

Well, I only need to farm Kuma. Every other crew member is already max socket (Kalifa and Robin even double socket with Bind/Despair/CD/Heal and Bind/Despair/Map/Poison). :)

Damage reduction is only useful for teams like Marco, Ace, 3d2y Sanji imo for Croc you stall in earlier stages and then shouldn't take any hit so damage reduction seems kinda pointless to me. Poison and map damage isn't really useful at the moment but for a Croc team there aren't that many useful sockets anyway.

EMT0

Banned
With all the gems from the crossover event, they're pretty much encouraging new players to farm enough Mihawk copies to max his skill.

Probably true. Me being less than competent kept whiffing 3 perfects or worse, having my finger slip and accidentally attacking instead of using GP Usopp's special, forcing me to gem(I was usually close enough to the next level that gemming was effectively a stamina refill). So I only got about ten Mihawks with which to boost next time a skill up event comes around; enough gems were lost today to dumb mistakes >.>

Sounds about right. He's gonna be my best slasher captain too, although the Doma I pulled from RR wasn't half bad due to his cooldown reduction. It's a blessing on Turtle Time.

Jayhawk

Probably true. Me being less than competent kept whiffing 3 perfects or worse, having my finger slip and accidentally attacking instead of using GP Usopp's special, forcing me to gem(I was usually close enough to the next level that gemming was effectively a stamina refill). So I only got about ten Mihawks with which to boost next time a skill up event comes around; enough gems were lost today to dumb mistakes >.>

Raid boss failures due to dumb mistakes is also a rite of passage! You're going to enjoy farming raid Doflamingo.

MANUELF

Banned
What is the best sockets for Mihawk? Mine has bind but I dont know if I should keep it, also I have 4 copies in storage, didnt care to gem for farming since he is coming back in November

RedBoot

What is the best sockets for Mihawk? Mine has bind but I dont know if I should keep it, also I have 4 copies in storage, didnt care to gem for farming since he is coming back in November

Honestly, with the fresh hell that is socketing a single slot character, I'd just go with whichever of the useful sockets you happen to get more than one of first. Bind, Despair, CD, Orb, Autoheal, all fine. The "bests" are probably Bind or Autoheal.

Adeptrain

I didn't even come close to reaching my goal of 100 copies of mihawk...:/
So, now I just gotta keep the 51 copies I did successfully farm until skill up...with Monster Chopper (who I need) and Raid Kuma (Who I really need) coming up....sigh.

Also, Glad to see I'm not the only relative newbie on these forums currently :)

Edit: about 75 runs of Freezia later and I have gotten 3 legendary skillbooks :/ 1 Rayleigh and 2 Sengoku (Yay!!)....yeah, 1/25 is a crappy rate!!!

Kyou

Dokkan Battle is shitting the bed with this event pretty hard. They should have been miles ahead.

Not that I think there's any way BN doesn't fudge the numbers to make sure we get everything

MANUELF

Banned
So the last reward is G2 Luffy, 9 gems and a set of princess turtles....
I would have been okay with that if instead of G2 they gave us G3

Jayhawk

This cross-over event has given us almost enough gems for a multi-pull, rainbow evolvers, turtles for exp, and socket fodder. Don't get picky.

Extra accounts people may have from all the rerolls for legends at the last sugofest would be spectacular accounts to start off with, since they'd receive all these extra gems. Wasn't there a GAF user that had a few reroll accounts?

Funny how the final requirement matches Frieza's power level of 530k in his first form. The pacing and increments of the points throughout this past week ending at that neat number just adds to the theory that the numbers were made up throughout this whole process.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
5 for 45....

*sobs*

On the bright side, Bone to be Wild brook is at 5 bind / 5 despair / 1 CD / 4 Auto-heal, and Chef of Love Sanji is at 3/1/3/4

bjork

Did 5 halloween runs before bed, finally got 3 Zoro drops. I wish it would've been at that rate all along, that was pretty decent.

bjork

Just saw a video of an Akainu team clearing the Ace forest in single turns for each fight. That's cool and all, but what does it mean for future content?

MiTYH

1/2 stamina FN woot woot!

I like Frieza, and I think we'll hit our mark today buuuuut I won't be much help. I put off HW2 Fortnight for too long, I need to get me some Zoros to finally max him and get good slots. So, yeah, that's my today

Thanks to the HW fortnights I have SW Luffy, 3D2Y Zoro, 3D2Y Sanji, 3D2Y Brook, and SW Chopper all fully socketted.

3D2Y Nami is just missing 1 auto-heal socket. SW Franky is missing 3 bind and 3D2Y Robin is missing 2 bind. I might try and finish off Robin and just feed the other character dupes to SW Zoro, DJ Sanji, and SW Brook for whatever sockets I can get.

I'm pretty happy with the results apart from Franky, which is fine for the time being until I switch out Heracles'n's bind socket for damage reduction but until then I'll still be able to get level 3 bind on my SW Ace team. And to top it off I have 19 Rayleigh books for the last 3 skill ups I need on him.

RedBoot

Just saw a video of an Akainu team clearing the Ace forest in single turns for each fight. That's cool and all, but what does it mean for future content?

One of two things, probably:

1. Future content's gonna get a whole lot harder.

2. Future content's gonna shuffle your orbs on every turn.

I'm okay with power creep in general since it's mostly unavoidable, so long as it's gradual. Some of the other captains in that batch (Garp, Momonga) are good examples of gradual power creep. Akainu is basically skipping about six or so levels of power creep. Not great. :p

EMT0

Banned
This cross-over event has given us almost enough gems for a multi-pull, rainbow evolvers, turtles for exp, and socket fodder. Don't get picky.

Extra accounts people may have from all the rerolls for legends at the last sugofest would be spectacular accounts to start off with, since they'd receive all these extra gems. Wasn't there a GAF user that had a few reroll accounts?

Funny how the final requirement matches Frieza's power level of 530k in his first form. The pacing and increments of the points throughout this past week ending at that neat number just adds to the theory that the numbers were made up throughout this whole process.

*raises hand*

Yo.

If anyone's still interested, I've got the following:

Legends:
Jinbe x 1
SW Shanks x 1
Crocodile x 1
Sabo x 1
Lucci x 1
Whitebeard x 1

Non-Legend:
3D2Y Luffy + Sanji
SW Franky + CP9 Strongest Khalifa

I have no problem with Akainu being as powerful as he is. I'll start to be concerned about power creep when we start seeing raids and coliseum bosses that can't be beaten without legends and until then, I'm fine with the way the game is progressing. Legends are going to be stupid powerful in many situations, if they weren't, they wouldn't be legends. We've got orb boosters, type/class boosters, conditional boosters, and now affinity boosters of varying degrees of effectiveness going from 1.25x to 2x and sometimes beyond with only 6 slots available to a team. I'm sure Bandai will find ways to encourage players to vary their team composition to beat specific content without solely relying on power creep to gate content. It's people like Zeenigami that are starting to annoy me with sensational opinions that get the community all in a tizzy over. Shiliew, for instance, is not OP. At best he is situationally useful for beating 1-time clear content. And apart from Akainu, none of the new units from the lastest batch are decidedly OP. At best the new Momonga is very good with a 2-turn 1.5x conditional boost but still relies on the use of a delayer on your team.

RedBoot

Yeah, Shiliew never bothered me, considering we already have things like Sugar teams and Corazon Zombie teams that can clear a lot of content easily. If somebody wants to Shiliew a boss by stalling endlessly and resetting every turn til the auto-kill works, that's fine. Trying to do that 50 times against a raid boss would drive me insane, so I don't think it replaces a standard team that can clear the content normally.

Akainu bothers me because ever since Whitebeard the standard for the top end of ATK boosting was 3x, essentially. G3 and LL go higher but require precision (and miss out on certain things, like healing for G3 and chain bonus for LL). Aokiji goes higher but only works on certain content since he needs to KO someone every turn. Akainu not only goes higher than 3x, he goes all the way to 3.9x, and his downside (need a STR orb) is minor compared to characters like Whitebeard and Aokiji's downsides.

It's not a sky-is-falling moment like some people are depicting. Bandai can build future content with him in mind (Garp's raid was essentially a response to how good GP Usopp was, and they can do the same here with future raids/colos/invasions by adding things like constant orb shuffling). I just think they accelerated things a bit much (if his boost was, say, 3.25, he would have been impressive enough). But for all we know, they're planning to ramp things way up when they hit the time-skip in the story mode.

Hana-Bi

Well Akainu is a beast against dex content and Ace forest isn't that hard so the true potential as a rainbow team captain isn't shown yet and I think that this might be his only real weakness. Sure he'll give every unit a x4 boost if they have a str orb but every non str unit needs colo Oars to get the matching orb boost.

I think Akainu will be used for crazy str legend teams with WB, Lucci, LL and raid Kuma but I think he isn't THAT good as everyone makes him right now.

RalchAC

Yeah, Shiliew never bothered me, considering we already have things like Sugar teams and Corazon Zombie teams that can clear a lot of content easily. If somebody wants to Shiliew a boss by stalling endlessly and resetting every turn til the auto-kill works, that's fine. Trying to do that 50 times against a raid boss would drive me insane, so I don't think it replaces a standard team that can clear the content normally.

Akainu bothers me because ever since Whitebeard the standard for the top end of ATK boosting was 3x, essentially. G3 and LL go higher but require precision (and miss out on certain things, like healing for G3 and chain bonus for LL). Aokiji goes higher but only works on certain content since he needs to KO someone every turn. Akainu not only goes higher than 3x, he goes all the way to 3.9x, and his downside (need a STR orb) is minor compared to characters like Whitebeard and Aokiji's downsides.

It's not a sky-is-falling moment like some people are depicting. Bandai can build future content with him in mind (Garp's raid was essentially a response to how good GP Usopp was, and they can do the same here with future raids/colos/invasions by adding things like constant orb shuffling). I just think they accelerated things a bit much (if his boost was, say, 3.25, he would have been impressive enough). But for all we know, they're planning to ramp things way up when they hit the time-skip in the story mode.

Well Akainu is a beast against dex content and Ace forest isn't that hard so the true potential as a rainbow team captain isn't shown yet and I think that this might be his only real weakness. Sure he'll give every unit a x4 boost if they have a str orb but every non str unit needs colo Oars to get the matching orb boost.

I think Akainu will be used for crazy str legend teams with WB, Lucci, LL and raid Kuma but I think he isn't THAT good as everyone makes him right now.

Yeah, I feel like you two. I agree with you guys. Akainu is an amazing Legend. Especially for DEX content.

But he isn't universally broken like some people think. I mean, if you are farming a QCK boss and you want that boost, you need to bring with you 3 STR units (2 Sakazukis + Oars Jr.).

I've done some calculations with Doflamingo, Mihawk and Duval as DEX subs, since:

A) They cost 50
B) They are DEX
C) They are farmable.

With STR orbs as beneficial, Doffy's 2x orb boost and Sakazuki 1.75x boost, you'll deal 3.2 million damage. Which is good, but nothing ground breaking, since you don't get any benefit in the next turn.

And now, let's remember that the only units that cost 50 or more are either Legends or Raid Bosses (Buster Call being the exception). That limits quite a bit what you can actually do with his special and becomes his team building a bit limited. Especially if you aren't willing to go all out farming raid bosses.

bjork

I just remembered it is half-stamina day.

I was at the car dealer for like an hour, I could've run a bunch of times there. Damn it all! Time to catch up, I feel like I'm falling behind with all the content that's here.

Thanks to you guys I finally managed to learn Killer's captain ability. It's 4 fast taps and then continuing the chain normally.

Now, what to do with these forbidden tomes.... hmmm...

bjork

I use Luffy a lot but I've heard that this version isn't good enough and I shouldn't really spend much on him.

Which Luffy? Also consider that whichever one it is, any FN Luffy can be used to socket him. We're bound to get the Kimono ones again at some point, hopefully soon.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I use Luffy a lot but I've heard that this version isn't good enough and I shouldn't really spend much on him.

Do not waste your tomes on Luffy, or any strawhat for that matter. If you have no one to use them on, then save them.

Most people recommend using them on legends without farmable sockets... Whitebeard, Rayleigh, etc.

Which Luffy? Also consider that whichever one it is, any FN Luffy can be used to socket him. We're bound to get the Kimono ones again at some point, hopefully soon.
The Luffy that you get from the very beginning. I've evolved him once already but I've heard that he is not so good, regardless.

Also, by socketing you mean feeding Luffy to other Luffys?
Do not waste your tomes on Luffy, or any strawhat for that matter. If you have no one to use them on, then save them.

Most people recommend using them on legends without farmable sockets... Whitebeard, Rayleigh, etc.
Thanks GE.

So, what about Killer? Is he not worth it either? Also, how would I know if a drop is Legend?

MANUELF

Banned
The Luffy that you get from the very beginning. I've evolved him once already but I've heard that he is not so good, regardless.

Also, by socketing you mean feeding Luffy to other Luffys?

Thanks GE.

So, what about Killer? Is he not worth it either? Also, how would I know if a drop is Legend?
A Legend drops as a red poster so is impossible to Miss it

bobohoro

1/2 stamina extra islands and Rayleigh training.
So tiring.
Have about 6 runs of HW Part II left before going to sleep. If I don't fall asleep while doing them, that is.

It got me:
Max skill Bellamy, Impact Usopp and Broggy.
~ 25 books for Marco.
SW Sanji is at 5/5/4/5 for Bind/Despair/CD/AH
SW Brook is at 5/3/3/3 for Bind/Despair/CD/AH
HW Zoro is at 5/1/3 for Bind/AH/Orbs and with a CD of 14
HW Robin is at 5/4/3 for Bind/Despair/CD and with a CD of 16

Overall, droprate on the strawhats was fairly weak. Sanji was probably the highest for me with a good rate of ~33%, HW Zoro is easily below 20% and might even be below 15% over the course of the week. Decent socket luck helped, but I initially wanted to get more stuff done than this.

And I got 45 copies of Mihawk. Now the wait for a skill-up event continues.

MANUELF

Banned
1/2 stamina extra islands and Rayleigh training.
So tiring.
Have about 6 runs of HW Part II left before going to sleep. If I don't fall asleep while doing them, that is.

It got me:
Max skill Bellamy, Impact Usopp and Broggy.
~ 25 books for Marco.
SW Sanji is at 5/5/4/5 for Bind/Despair/CD/AH
SW Brook is at 5/3/3/3 for Bind/Despair/CD/AH
HW Zoro is at 5/1/3 for Bind/AH/Orbs and with a CD of 14
HW Robin is at 5/4/3 for Bind/Despair/CD and with a CD of 16

Overall, droprate on the strawhats was fairly weak. Sanji was probably the highest for me with a good rate of ~33%, HW Zoro is easily below 20% and might even be below 15% over the course of the week. Decent socket luck helped, but I initially wanted to get more stuff done than this.

And I got 45 copies of Mihawk. Now the wait for a skill-up event continues.
Good luck for that with Shiki and Monster Chopper incoming

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Thanks GE.

While Killer is a solid unit, I personally don't think he's worth tomes, especially since we get Coliseum Killer down the line that can socket him.

As for legends...
eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwOi8vaS5pbWd1ci5jb20vbFhtZ05abC5naWYifQ.4ijXftFXcniKrJ999sDby2XT2Pk

They drop as a red poster.

You can actually see a comparison of all the legends in the game here:
https://translate.google.com/transl...://xn--pck6bvfc.gamewith.jp/article/show/3829

and here for Global:
https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePieceTC/wiki/global_clear_rates

mileS

Love this 0.5 stam event. Shame this last night of the Halloween fortnight is giving me endless garbage sockets and infinite crap books.

Jayhawk

Good luck for that with Shiki and Monster Chopper incoming

Hoarding Monster Chopper isn't as a big of a priority as raid Mihawk when comparing their specials. The benefit of Monster Chopper is from his captain ability and high attack. MC's special is nice, but not gamebreaking like Mihawk's. Grabbing a few Monster Choppers with natural stamina would be good enough for new players.

Only the top percentage of players with the correct units would also be gemming to farm Shiki to hoard for skill ups. Without a legend Doflamingo and other unreleased units, even I'm not in a position to farm Shiki and that is considering I have 8 unique legends in my box.

The box space for his 45 raid Mihawks for a skill up event is well worth it.

Top Bottom