• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

RedBoot

This batch isn't that great right?

I'd call it average. No real standout characters, unless you have Corazon and want to cheese the hell out of every training forest, in which case you'll want to find yourself an Elizabello.

Cavendish looks like he'd be really fun to use since he's kind of a three-color legend, even if he favors the QCK side of things. Probably on the lower end of the legend power scale, but I think he'd be super useful for some colo stages (which makes sense story-wise).

Suleiman's great for slasher teams thanks to his stats and ability to give two matching orbs, but he's basically just a beatstick.

Orlumbus looks pretty meh unless you're running a stage with a lot of Block orbs.

Dr. Robotnik (or Dagama, whatever) gives Global another Paralysis healer, which is nice (especially since we're still far off from fortnight units who can heal it).

Elizabello, as mentioned, is mostly used for zombie teams, though he's got pretty solid stats as well.

Ideo might be the best general unit here, since he's got a solid captain ability (similar to 3D2Y Sanji but for Fighters) and can be a booster for Fighters or Shooters.

I would mention that I'd consider the next four RR batches significantly better than this one, if that influences anyone's pulling. I'm probably only going to do a couple here.

Hana-Bi

I got 17. Have you been gemming or something???
Yeah, I think I used two or three gems, got two meat snails and level ups too. I'm at 210 stamina so I can run this fn 14 times with a full stamina bar right now. :) And Sanji drops quite often even two books aren't that rare. Chopper books doesn't drop that much but I don't need that many skill ups for him.

bobohoro

Will do a single pull like last time.
Even after Mihawk/Perona farming and increasing box space to 500, I'm above 50 gems thanks to Frieza, and I kinda want to stay there in case a must-pull sugofest comes around.

I'm also thinking about how to proceed in terms of leveling up units that still need sockets/skill levels. I usually kept most good units at 50 and only leveled them up beyond 70 after getting sockets/skill levels mostly done. But now I'm sitting at 6 million berry and with raid farming that should only increase, so I guess I can start keeping my better units (Doffy and Enel for example) at around level 80.

bjork

Went to apple, they gave me an all-new phone. It pulled my stuff from the cloud, except for apps you are basically getting a fresh install. Put my twitter info in, and it's currently at "downloading 0%" so I hope this works!

[edit - after 10 minutes it was still at 0% so I'm trying again... gonna be bummed if it's lost forever]

MANUELF

Banned
Went to apple, they gave me an all-new phone. It pulled my stuff from the cloud, except for apps you are basically getting a fresh install. Put my twitter info in, and it's currently at "downloading 0%" so I hope this works!

[edit - after 10 minutes it was still at 0% so I'm trying again... gonna be bummed if it's lost forever]

Good luck

OT: will pull once maybe twice and see what I get

bjork

Am I supposed to do the tutorial first? It's only showing up as a 56MB file on my phone. I really don't remember from the last time I did this, but I could've sworn I just grabbed it from the app store and put in my info. It even confirms the right crew and stuff, but why is it hanging up at 0%?

Caim

Am I supposed to do the tutorial first? It's only showing up as a 56MB file on my phone. I really don't remember from the last time I did this, but I could've sworn I just grabbed it from the app store and put in my info. It even confirms the right crew and stuff, but why is it hanging up at 0%?

Sometimes when transferring I've had to restart the app for it to actually start showing.

I got a new iPhone recently and went through the same issue.

Never had to do the tutorial though.

bjork

Sometimes when transferring I've had to restart the app for it to actually start showing. Not sure if it is downloading but not updating the percentage. I got a new iPhone recently and went through the same issue. Never had to do the tutorial though.

Okay, good to know it's not just me. Maybe!

I want to say it was hovering near 1GB the last time I checked on the old phone, so I understand it would take awhile.

edit - it shows my ID on the title screen, so I should be good eventually? Oh, it just showed 1%! Whew... was not looking forward to redoing almost 2 years of stuff on this.

edit 2 - all restored! Just gotta re-favorite my guys and remake my crews, I guess.

EMT0

Banned
Today I finally managed to beat a 30 stamina fortnight; the Kamabakka Kingdom is honest to god easy af. And double 3D2Y Sanji just utterly destroys the stage's anti-stall effect.

Jayhawk

I'm not doing any more sugo pulls unless it's a multipull. Each solo pull is wasting 10% of an extra pull. I'd rather wait for legend Law or BB batch to do a multipull.

Jayhawk

Is the cavendish batch that bad?

The future batches are better. As I said, not doing single pulls when they take away from being able to do a multi-pull for a guaranteed boosted unit. It is impossible to do a multipulls for every sugofest unless you buy gems, so you have to pick and choose which batches you multipull.

MANUELF

Banned
The future batches are better. As I said, not doing single pulls when they take away from being able to do a multi-pull for a guaranteed boosted unit. It is impossible to do a multipulls for every sugofest unless you buy gems, so you have to pick and choose which batches you multipull.

Im pretty sure my first multipull will be the anniversary one, until then I want to pull twice each sugo max

OT: Finally got Okama Sanji to appear now I can focus on Indigo all week

Jayhawk

Im pretty sure my first multipull will be the anniversary one, until then I want to pull twice each sugo max

OT: Finally got Okama Sanji to appear now I can focus on Indigo all week

Or you could do two multipulls during anniversary instead of missing out on a free guaranteed boosted pull by pulling those singles.

EDIT: From this data of 2000 sugo pulls, the bonus, guaranteed gold-or-red poster from a multipull is even more valuable when almost a third of normal pulls will be silver posters. https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePieceTC/comments/59406z/sugo_pull_rates/

RedBoot

Ha, I got Mr. 5 also. Dat INT boost. :/

New event shows no skill boost event until at least late November. I was hoping we'd get it before the Colo switches to Alvida/Coby (or at least soon after), but it's not looking good. If I'm going to have to carry copies of Smoker, Hawkins, and Alvida for a while, I may have to go to 1100 (not to mention any more raid bosses...still gotta farm Kuma).

I'm not planning on doing pulls this Sugo, so I used a bunch of the free gems from Frieza to push my inventory to 1k.

So far, my free pulls have been:
1: Base Sanji (gave me a good SW socket, iirc)
2: 4* Moria (dupe)

Adeptrain

Gah! The only way I'd pull on this sugofest is if they boost SW Ace and Shanks...and they did that...:/ Sigh...ok, just one multi-pull.

Is Mansherry any good? It seems her only function is as a healer

Her special is great. Numbness and blindness could eventually be a big problem in future coliseum content. We also need her books since her cooldown is pretty high. I'd say she's a useful unit to have.

I wasn't able to finish off any of my SH sockets from the HW FN, but I made great progress.
3D2Y Zoro: 5 Lock / 4 Despair / 2 Heal / 5 CD
3D2Y Brook: 2 Lock / 1 Despair / 5 Heal / 3 CD
SW Sanji: 2 Lock / 4 Despair / 5 Heal / 1 CD
Log Robin: 4 Lock / 2 Despair / 4 Heal
SW Usopp: 2 Heal / 1 CD

Those sockets + Zoro and Brook skill ups from the Dead End FN have set up my current team really well, particularly for this SW FN:
2x IntHawk / 3D2Y Zoro / 3D2Y Brook / Doffy / Arlong

At the boss, Brook turns all of the block orbs to matching then Doffy and Zoro boosts lead to an easy OTKO.

bjork

Free pull was Plastic Surgery Sanji

Gear 2 dupe gave me a map damage socket, which I wasn't working on.

It would be hilarious if every day gave me a V1 SH and a map damage socket.

Jayhawk

Doing 40 stamina Frieza blind with a random team was the wrong idea. lol

Probably should have picked an easier stage to empty my stamina after watching that epic World Series game 7.

Beat colosseum Wiper. That was easy. 5 more tomes for Whitebeard. So between him and Hawkins, which one would I be better off farming?

Free pull #2: Ivankov (dupe)

Jayhawk

Beat colosseum Wiper. That was easy. 5 more tomes for Whitebeard. So between him and Hawkins, which one would I be better off farming?

Free pull #2: Ivankov (dupe)

You having Whitebeard should make you lean towards farming Hawkins more than Wyper. Put Hawkins and raid Doflamingo in your middle row, and now your Whitebeard teams have their orb situation set for at least four units and the Doffy special orb boost. Then QCK units in the bottom row or other units that can change their own orb.

bjork

Used a SW Shanks team with Mr 2 and Garp, and actual Frieza isn't that bad. It's the round before it, where my character combos aren't high enough to wipe the whole crew.

Also, Hawkins counter thing can bypass Jozu's special. That seems wrong, doesn't it?

RalchAC

Grabbed a bunch of Dragons since its Island costed 10 stamina. Hopefully I can evolve all the units I have soon.

At least, having so many units at low level will prevent me of pulling. I'd rather level the ones I already have.

I just wish there was some CYO Turtle Time or something like that.

Used a SW Shanks team with Mr 2 and Garp, and actual Frieza isn't that bad. It's the round before it, where my character combos aren't high enough to wipe the whole crew.

Also, Hawkins counter thing can bypass Jozu's special. That seems wrong, doesn't it?

Maybe it's typeless damage? I dunno.

bobohoro

Day 2 Pull: Twins.

Oh well.

Also kinda ruined my T-Bone team. Evolved Crocodile to Slasherdile only to realize I can't use Squid because of the type constraints. Now I have to stall for his immunity buff to run out again.
Might just farm for Apoo books instead.

And no Skill-Up event until the end of November is dumb. I just hope it will be running during the Raids of Mihawk/Chopper, so I can finish them off during that week.

Adeptrain

No skill up for a while is gonna suck :/ I was planning on using my shiny new hopefully maxed Mihawk for monster chopper and raid Kuma. I especially really need a reliable and fast team for raid Kuma! B sigh....

At least I finally got candy Sanji! Need to figure out what to do next.... Maybe Colo farming.

Tidd

SW Ace team(probably Jinbei and Fuji teams, too) >>>> everything else for farming.
It may not be the fastest team but I can run fortnights(and other content) without paying attention. And after I don't know how many runs you really want that.

My first two free pulls got me
Thatch (dupe)
Usopp v1

I don't expect much from my free pulls so whatever. If I get a new character I would be happy(especially about a 3D2Y Zoro or Leo) but otherwise they are free sockets/Rayleigh points. :)

Got 15 Sanji books so far. I hope to get around 30 using one gem each day since I have to farm Hawkins and Shiki in the next few days. Depending on the next fortnight (which should be the young Robin/Nami one) I start farming Frieza next week, if I don't pull Nami, Luffy or Usopp :p

RR30

I think I'll switch over to farming for Marco books after today when SW Shanks books turn to Ace books in Frieza.
Meh at no skill up. Going to be hoarding 150 books for a while I guess lol.

Hana-Bi

Damn, couldn't beat Frieza 40 stam. On my first try I forgot to use SW Shanks special on stage 6 and on my next two tries I tried to burst Frieza on the first turn. I think I should have waited a little bit more and just deal normal damage the first few turns...

Just curious, is 40 stamina frieza worth farming? I've been collecting Sanji books cause half stamina fortnights are gr34t, but am curious what if the new frieza is better than the other difficulties.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Damn, couldn't beat Frieza 40 stam. On my first try I forgot to use SW Shanks special on stage 6 and on my next two tries I tried to burst Frieza on the first turn. I think I should have waited a little bit more and just deal normal damage the first few turns...

Maybe give Legend Croc a try? I cleared it pretty easily with it first attempt. Minimal stalling needed on stage 2 or so.

I got him down to 20% by accident and he did the defense buff. I was still able to clear it with the second burst.

RedBoot

Jozu would block it, normally. But it's the timing: Hawkins actually hits you at the beginning of the next turn (he has to know how much damage you did, after all). So Jozu's skill would have already expired by then. If you want to reduce Hawkins's damage, you have to use a multi-turn defensive skill like Smoker.

(In other words, you're probably just going to want to kill him before he can hit you.)

Hana-Bi

Maybe give Legend Croc a try? I cleared it pretty easily with it first attempt. Minimal stalling needed on stage 2 or so.

I got him down to 20% by accident and he did the defense buff. I was still able to clear it with the second burst.
Yeah, legend IntHawk is still good. I just messed up a little but hitting those perfects on your burst turn is crucial (needed only one IntHawk special to beat Frieza).

What team did you use with your legend Croc? Might go for it but I don't have Kumas cd low enough...

And the reqards aren't that great either. The books aren't that great and I didn't get candy or tomes so colo runs or half stamina fn runs seems to be the better option right now.

Top Bottom