• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Majukun

I got wrecked by Doflamingo last time around, spent like 6 gems on 60 stamina and didn't really come close to a win. Some of my units are: Black Clad Emperor Shanks / Sengoku the Buddha / One-Hit Namule / Mihawk / Marshall D Teach / Arlong / Iron-Mace Alvida / G2 Luffy / Perona and others... no maxed skills or anything like that. I get by most fortnights without too much difficulty (thanks to Sengoku), but I'm definitely not built to handle DEX bosses. Should I just sit this one out?

for doflamingo you necessrily need some guys skilled up..i don't remember a single team that doesn't need at least a couple of characters with their skill maxxed

xrokis

Thanks. :) Don't know if I want to farm him, but I want to atleast clear all stages.

Isn't the lightning damage a problem for the seahorse stage?

With Enel I could make a really strong Blue-Striker team, with Croc, Kaku, Killer and Enel. Could I use Enels and Crocs special at the same tie? 2x speed attack + 1,5x striker attack for one turn?
yeah it's not really a farming team, but one that can clear him :)
i think they don't stack, because enel boosts a specific colour. doofy boost orbs so that's a different boost and stackable with type or class multiplier.

I got wrecked by Doflamingo last time around, spent like 6 gems on 60 stamina and didn't really come close to a win. Some of my units are: Black Clad Emperor Shanks / Sengoku the Buddha / One-Hit Namule / Mihawk / Marshall D Teach / Arlong / Iron-Mace Alvida / G2 Luffy / Perona and others... no maxed skills or anything like that. I get by most fortnights without too much difficulty (thanks to Sengoku), but I'm definitely not built to handle DEX bosses. Should I just sit this one out?

do you have any skills on mihawk or blackbeard? do you have monster choper? what player level are you?

koryuken

If you haven't been able to beat him two weeks ago, what changed since then (not trying to be mean at all)? If you haven't gotten any strong, max level red units, you probably are going to lose over and over.

edit: here is a Sengoku team I found on Gamewith. I am pretty sure it requires max specials/units.
98a3319f1a9dbeb5ebe4f03f3312eccd.png

There are also many F2P Monster Chopper, Blackbeard, Mihawk teams that can clear Doffy. I recommend checking here:
http://translate.googleusercontent....w/9037&usg=ALkJrhhwWzMvrAYdwhU0kLSvnfW2WZUmJw

Acerac

Banned
Took some grinding but I got the Zoro and Luffy from the extra islands on easy. They dropped in the same run, oddly enough.

This should hopefully help with finding friend leaders.

Gah, I'm conflicted. I'm 0/5 on Doffy skill ups so far. My cooldown is currently at 22 and 21 is the recommended level for Doffy/Doffy and Asura Zoro/Mihawk teams. I just don't like the idea of being at 21 cooldown and having no wiggle room if stalling doesn't go perfectly for Enel. I don't know if I should feed till 21 and then save 35-40 more copies for a skill up event.

Qmzn

Neo Member
I did the stage with 5 psy units and 1 int unit. Used 2 x Ray, Nico, GP, Coby, and I think vista since he was my next highest damage int unit. Stalled for specials/orbs pop everything, blow stuff up.

Don't you mean 5 INT, 1 PSY? I'm guessing you got it off the boss instead, since he always heals back 1 HP if you over-damage him?

Now I wonder if I could have done it with Whitey Bay + Ray. I don't have original Robin, though, which is why I probably had to do it PSY with Impact Usopp.

I love Sengoku too, although I am on Global :) I haven't used my Ray team a single time since the buff.

I love that the buff puts him back in the general friend list rotation in both JP and Global. I've grown to really like his attack animation, too. Big ol' death orb.

I also have around 12 cooldown ability orbs in JP on my Sengoku team, since it's easier to get ability-boosting dupes of less-than-20-cost fortnight units. That chops another round off the starting cooldowns, to -3 total. It's really nice being able to use GP Usopp twice. Less stressful. Very helpful when stomping story-mode Gecko Moria last night. :D

Kyou

well I can beat Doflamingo 40 without gemming. That's enough of a victory for me, dont think I'll really try to farm him

Hana-Bi

Ah okay. Will farm 20 copies of Doffy today and will try to skill him up once. If it's a success I'll continue and maybe try to get his skill up quite a bit. 17 is the desired cd?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Ugh tried 60 sta Doflamingo but died on fodder.

A G3 team is honestly impossible when you're sick and coughing.

Sucks to hear - hope you get better fast. Doffy will come back, seems like we are on a weekly Raid schedule right now.

So I beat Doffy 60 for the first time. Had to gem once though. I just wasn't outputting enough damage even after golden pound. Guess I should level up my characters some more.

If I didn't know any better, it sure feels like this game is out to get me someimes:

Luckily, I haven't lost a run yet since the first few runs of Doffy when he came around the first time.

It took 10 copies to get my Doffy down to a 21 turn CD which should suffice for whatever team I decide on running for Enel. I've got 10 more copies in my box and I guess tomorrow I'll get 25 more to hold on to till a skill up event rolls around. 35 should be enough for 7 more skill ups I guess?

Tidd

Even though I have a team which could defeat Enel easily I won't farm him with gems. Gotta save them for the 1year anniversary! (which will suck because we have such high expectations)

cw_sasuke

Even though I have a team which could defeat Enel easily I won't farm him with gems. Gotta save them for the 1year anniversary! (which will suck because we have such high expectations)

Yeah Enel is nice but no must have . He will be back.

Zephyr though...

cw_sasuke

You guys are cray! Enel is better than anything that could pop up at the year anniversary. Probably.

Well i will be getting Enel...but probably not farm/max skill him right away.

Dont have the stones for pulls + farming anyway. Not mentioning my box that will be full as well xD

Majukun

i don't have space in the storage anymore..so i have to stop at 45 doflas and just pick one enel and farm him next time

that or destroy all those skillbooks of characters i don't have yet that i'm keeping

A lot of people are reluctant to feed their Doffy's but look at it this way. You can feed now and farm a bunch of Enels or wait and have to farm twice as many Enels later due to your inability to do it this time around. All you need to do is aim for a 21 turn cooldown, you don't need to max him.

RalchAC

A lot of people are reluctant to feed their Doffy's but look at it this way. You can feed now and farm a bunch of Enels or wait and have to farm twice as many Enels later due to your inability to do it this time around. All you need to do is aim for a 21 turn cooldown, you don't need to max him.

My Doffy is at 24 CD now after 20 Doffys fed. Looking good.

Heng

Thank you so much Heng for your whitebeard. ;o;
Np :)

I had to expand 5 more times to hold these Doflamingo, now I'm at 450 box space. I wish I could bump it to 500 but I got too greedy during all those Sugofest. :/ I really hope we get sockets for the 1 year anniversary along with a skill up event, but that would be too good to be true.

Majukun

with my luck,i'm gonna waste all the doffy i have before reaching anywhere near 21 cooldown...if the recent skillup attempts with skillbooks or kimono zoro/luffy are of any indication

Jayhawk

Not going to use the 50-60 Doflamingos I have outside of a skill-up event, and I won't be gemming for Enel because of low inventory space. I'm also not going to be buying any gems for the next sugofest. Candy as the next global fortnight might mean global will get whatever new valentine specific fortnight JP is getting this year.

RedBoot

Well i will be getting Enel...but probably not farm/max skill him right away.

Yup. My plan is:

1. Get one Enel (plus any extras I can do with natural stamina), evolve him ASAP.
2. Use Enel to make farming Blackbeard easier.
3. Use high level and possibly skill-maxed Blackbeard to make farming Dofy easier.
4. Use high level and possibly skill-maxed Dofy to make farming Enel easier.
5. ???
6. Profit.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

Enel's skill is not a must have by any means. His captain ability is. Besides that,, here are my notable dex uniques. Frankly, it would be a waste for me to skill up doffy now because I'm not ready for Enel:

Ashura Zoro L50 (skill L3)
White Chase Smoker L70 (special L4
Mihawk L87 (max special)
LS Zoro L38
Law L62 (special L2, like a dozen skillbooks banked)
Doublefinger L1 (Special L3)
Paulie L63 (special L5)
Kalifa L60 (Special L6)
Doffy L51
Perona L48 (Special L2 :( )
Izo L43 (special L3)
Apoo L40
Namule L20

Blossom Nami L28
SWS Zoro L30
Unevolved log brook Max level
Onigumo L45

Enel's skill is not a must have by any means. His captain ability is. Besides that,, here are my notable dex uniques. Frankly, it would be a waste for me to skill up doffy now because I'm not ready for Enel:

It's more about getting Enels for sockets rather than lowering the cooldown on his skill. Popular theory is that we might get 4.0 in February. If it ends up happening, it'll be coming back around the same time as Alvida as well, along with all the other good starting islands like Cobymeppo to get sockets for those as well.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
It's more about getting Enels for sockets rather than lowering the cooldown on his skill. Popular theory is that we might get 4.0 in February. If it ends up happening, it'll be coming back around the same time as Alvida as well, along with all the other good starting islands like Cobymeppo to get sockets for those as well.

Yeah well, I'm biusy farming doffys and storing them for a skill up event after sockets arrive. I don't' have the inventory space to farm enel now :p

RalchAC

1/5 skill ups on Doffy, not bad!

1/10... probably the next 5.

1/15... this is going to take longer than I thought.

So far mine have been:

1/5
1/5
0/5

I will farm more in an hour. Doffy farming is a lot more exhausting to me than previous raid bosses, there is so much stuff that could go wrong...

Majukun

i'm gonna keep those 45 copies for a skillup event..my rate of skillup in the kimono fortnight has beendemoralizing to say the least..so i'm not gonna waste precious copies..even though now i have a pretty high success rate with the raid and can farm doffy pretty reliably

the problem will be in the next fortnight..it has robin skillbooks which i need,and croco too..but i can't storage uch..i'm reaching the limit on this regard

Salex_

I would be able to farm Doffy at a 99% success rate with my Mihawk team if it wasn't for the shitty targetting mechanics. Wasted 5 gems in total because of this bullshit. I think I'm done for now, I'll just have to hope other people get Doffy's CD low enough.

Hana-Bi

After the first failed attempt this morning I had no problem the next four runs with my G3 team. I now have 56 copies. So 19 to go. :)

After the first failed attempt this morning I had no problem the next four runs with my G3 team. I now have 56 copies. So 19 to go. :)

What G3 team are you using? I've been using Monster Chopper and have no issues, but I thought about trying G3 out, just to have some variety.

RalchAC

My ratio was 2/19. I stopped farming because I was too tired to keep doing it, really. I need a Blackbeard team. CD ended at 23

Hana-Bi

What G3 team are you using? I've been using Monster Chopper and have no issues, but I thought about trying G3 out, just to have some variety.

I'm using God Usopp, Jozu, Mihawk and Kidd. I don't need to stall at the giant stage (no need for it because Usopp is ready at the seahorse stage). I use Kidd instead of Arlong because of his special.

Majukun

so.. of the next fortnight the only books I need are robin (1 skillup left) and Crocodile (1 skillup left for him too).. Apoo would be cool to storage some but I don't have it and I'm running out of space in storage... I might use the first week on Alvida and focus on getting books and the new units on the second week

qcf x2

If you haven't been able to beat him two weeks ago, what changed since then (not trying to be mean at all)? If you haven't gotten any strong, max level red units, you probably are going to lose over and over.

edit: here is a Sengoku team I found on Gamewith. I am pretty sure it requires max specials/units.
98a3319f1a9dbeb5ebe4f03f3312eccd.png

There are also many F2P Monster Chopper, Blackbeard, Mihawk teams that can clear Doffy. I recommend checking here:
http://translate.googleusercontent....w/9037&usg=ALkJrhhwWzMvrAYdwhU0kLSvnfW2WZUmJw

Just to update, I spent 9 gems on 40 stamina and got him to drop. No maxed units or specials. Luck, but it's the result that counts. :)

Top Bottom