• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

RedBoot

I think I'll keep my gems. IIRC, Squard is the only good character of the bunch.

They remind me a lot of Whitebeard 2, in that they're all pretty solid but largely unnecessary.

Squard's probably the best captain in the bunch. He and Oars Jr also have significantly high stat totals.

Whitey Bay's largely an upgrade over Towel Nami. Plus, if you have Log Nami, it lets you have a 2.5x INT Attack along with an INT Orb booster.

I wouldn't mind pulling any of them, but yeah, I can understand waiting for a different batch. I'll give it a few pulls. Several of the other boosted characters are ones I'm missing too (would like to finally pull an Izo).

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Cool about Marco and the new batch, expected that it was this week before the raid.

I always say I won't pull, but this time I gotta stick to my guns. I've already been saving the daily gems the past week for the raid this week. Going to hold out for the one year Sugo in February, hopefully it's finally a QCK one.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I'm missing some good QCK units all I have are Sanjis, but I'm waiting for the next Sugofest... Yeah, I'll pass on this QCK units rate up.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
To echo what Zeke is saying. It's not a QCK rate Sugo, it's a PSY one... I said I was personally hoping for a QCK rate up during a one year anniversary Sugo which is surely to come in February. This PSY rate up is decent for those without Sengoku and Black Clad Shanks. You should 'easily' be able to pull Squard too.

chrono01

Ah it's a sugofest, I thought it was one of those Type rate-up events.
It's both actually, haha. Rate-up for the units advertised for the Sugofest, as well as a further increase in a specific type [PSY, it's expected].

As for whether I'll be pulling...probably not. I know I usually do my standard 5x pulls, but the units for this event don't really interest me, outside of the Legends but pulling specifically for them is a bad idea]. I'll wait and see, I said I wasn't going to pull last Suofest and then went and got Log Luffy after my third pull, so anything is possible.

Been progressing pretty decently, up to Laboon at this point... should I wait on the sugofest?

Does it matter?

Sugo benefits =

1. only time you can pull legends.

2. significantly increased odds of getting boosted units. (many of them great or essential captains)

Most people on GAF seem to only pull during sugos due to them being a lot better (and more reliable for good units) than pulling outside of them.

(Heck a lot of people regularly skip sugos if the increased chance list doesn't have enough units they still need, because there's usually a good chance of getting at least 1 boosted unit if you pull a lot during sugo.)

Majukun

I've found different opinions around about how good this batch is... also, on one end it's ages I don't pull at a Sugofest, and it's also psy up and maybe I can get Mr 2 too... on the other I have basically no space left in the storage, and pulling good units would put the whole Alvida farming in jeopardy

so.. I don't know if I'll pull or not.. sure an entire batch of characters I don't have with a rate up is tempting since I usually get the same characters every time

Kumo

I may try a few pulls for Whitey Bay since I'm still missing an INT captain. Only bad thing is I have a lot of the boosted characters already. Maybe if I'm lucky, I'll pull a PSY Marco too. hah

RalchAC

They remind me a lot of Whitebeard 2, in that they're all pretty solid but largely unnecessary.

Squard's probably the best captain in the bunch. He and Oars Jr also have significantly high stat totals.

Whitey Bay's largely an upgrade over Towel Nami. Plus, if you have Log Nami, it lets you have a 2.5x INT Attack along with an INT Orb booster.

I wouldn't mind pulling any of them, but yeah, I can understand waiting for a different batch. I'll give it a few pulls. Several of the other boosted characters are ones I'm missing too (would like to finally pull an Izo).

Yeah, it seems like a similar case to WB2. And looking at the boosted units I already have Rakuyo, Curiel and Ace. If they had boosted Blamenco and Vista... I dunno what I will do.

To be honest, I don't know what to do with my gems. At this rate I'm going to give up and consider Strong World units are never coming. And the batches after the current one focus on the new classes. Soooooo...

I don't really know what to do. I may wait before pulling again more than 2-3 times, just so there are more units I don't have on the pool.

I've found different opinions around about how good this batch is... also, on one end it's ages I don't pull at a Sugofest, and it's also psy up and maybe I can get Mr 2 too... on the other I have basically no space left in the storage, and pulling good units would put the whole Alvida farming in jeopardy

so.. I don't know if I'll pull or not.. sure an entire batch of characters I don't have with a rate up is tempting since I usually get the same characters every time

I'm in the same boat as you. But I already have Marco, Rakuyo, Mr.2, Impact Usopp... what if I get a lot of dupes and Nojikos?

Shame this Sugo came at a bad time, I'm broke and Enel is right afterwards. PSY up and a good batch. Won't be able to do more than 4 pulls.

And the batches after the current one focus on the new classes. Soooooo...

Guys, we're not following Japan. We haven't been for some time. Stop making these assumptions.

Majukun

at this point I think we can almost consider the SW batch missing in action... the last call will be the next 'new' Sugofest... where we might get both zephyr and the batch for the sake of consistency.. but it's a very feeble hope since there isn't really any reason to delay them that much.. they are good but not game breaking.. so it's not like doflamingo where in the end delaying him was all in all a good choice, balance-wise

at this point I think we can almost consider the SW batch missing in action... the last call will be the next 'new' Sugofest... where we might get both zephyr and the batch for the sake of consistency.. but it's a very feeble hope since there isn't really any reason to delay them that much.. they are good but not game breaking.. so it's not like doflamingo where in the end delaying him was all in all a good choice, balance-wise

Unless they decide to swap out the SW manuals for the WB crew 3 manuals, which Japan has been just starting to get in their fortnights now, the SW batch could feasibly come in about 2 months. Strong World books started dropping in Japan once they finished up the Impel down fort nights, the remaining ones being Sadi, Domino, and Bon Clay.

Heng

The only 2 units I have of the ones that are boosted are Fossa and Rakyuo. Unfortunately I don't have that many gems since I've decided to upgrade my box. I could do maybe 1 or 2 pulls, but I might use those gems to increase box space instead of pulling.

Since I've started playing the Japanese version of OPTC, I've been really loose with my gems and pulled every Sugofest despite having many units of the ones being boosted. It might be due to the lack of feeling committed to one version...

the meat snails come out the first day of Alvida right?
It actually starts in 17 hours, 19 hours earlier than Alvida.

RedBoot

at this point I think we can almost consider the SW batch missing in action...

While that's certainly possible (and somewhat supported by this new batch), I still think we'll see them. After all, we just got 3 sugos focusing on the Log Hats, it'd be kind of redundant to give us another Straw Hat-focused sugo right afterwards, right? Or maybe I'm just in denial. :)

Either way, if we ultimately don't get the Movie-based units, I would hope they'd eventually give us "replacements." SW Luffy and Zephyr are both important captains, and a few SW units are important to various builds (particularly SW Franky). Replacing the SW Strawhats is easy enough, just make new Straw Hat art. They'd have to make a new character for Zephyr, though. Or maybe they'll just eventually release a new 2.5 Atk captain for Shooters (much like how X-Mas Law duplicates Mihawk's captain ability).

Kyou

I've been trying to clean up some of the story drops I've been slacking on and man Kureha seems nuts.

doing half stamina a bunch I only got her to show up in her level once and even when she did it just dropped a penguin

Spinx

I've been trying to clean up some of the story drops I've been slacking on and man Kureha seems nuts.

doing half stamina a bunch I only got her to show up in her level once and even when she did it just dropped a penguin

If Kureha is that blonde granny, she drops in a future fortnight. It'll come to global in 9 months.

RedBoot

Oh wow, I kind of assumed she was an auto-drop since she's a rare encounter. I've run that stage a bunch for extra Choppers and I've never seen her.

I think she shows up in the Wapol fortnight that just released in Japan, so waiting for that is always an option.

Kyou

alright cool I'll stop bothering with her then. I did manage to finish off Chessmarimo who seems like he could actually be useful.

Qmzn

Neo Member
I dunno, I think Whitey Bay's at least a tie with Squard. She doesn't have his stats, but she also doesn't have an HP requirement for Captain activation, and I find myself using her special more and more as of late in Japan.

She can be swapped out for Towel Nami as Captain in most cases, but I think she's much better as a sub under more powerful captains, such as Rayleigh, Trebol, both Doofys, and both Mihawks. Granted, she's just a mid-tier INT unit when up against debuff-protected raid bosses, but she can get her special off most everywhere else, especially in the latest story, fortnights (especially ones with multiple boss stages), and colosseum. She's arguably the best ride-along for GP Usopp on bosses with no debuff shield, absurd HP totals, and a sub 20% insta-kill, to crank out that extra damage during the final push. She's also one of the gateways into a triple-buff for single-stage damage ranking.

Two and three-buff burst seems to be coming back into style in Japan, especially with combo-blocking shields negating all the percent-cut specials... well, unless you use a multi-hit special like Nightmare Luffy's to chip away at them first. I get the feeling the next new Japan raid boss is going to throw everyone for a loop.

Speaking of Japan, did anyone else see the 1/2 Stamina Mihawk raid at the end of the month? Has there even been a 1/2 Stamina raid before? Not sure. Then there's 2x Special rate up the day after that. Everyone's gonna have maxed-out super Mihawks, now. And when everyone's super... no one will be.

I think she shows up in the Wapol fortnight that just released in Japan, so waiting for that is always an option.

I got one Kureha during the whole thing. She's a rare encounter like Kimono Nami, and you know how those go.

RedBoot

I got one Kureha during the whole thing. She's a rare encounter like Kimono Nami, and you know how those go.

Eh, that's fine, I seem to have magical Rare Encounter Super Luck. I've seen Kimono Nami 4 times, I got Prisoner Mr. 1 like eight times, and I even saw Ryuma like three times. Outside of Jigoro (once) and Laboon on the Kraken stage (never), I tend to see rare encounters fairly often.

The balance for this, of course, is that I never pull legends. :(

Kyou

Eh, that's fine, I seem to have magical Rare Encounter Super Luck. I've seen Kimono Nami 4 times, I got Prisoner Mr. 1 like eight times, and I even saw Ryuma like three times. Outside of Jigoro (once) and Laboon on the Kraken stage (never), I tend to see rare encounters fairly often.

The balance for this, of course, is that I never pull legends. :(

The only rare encounter to ever elude me was Dogpen who I never saw until Perona returned.

Wait Laboon was on the Kraken stage?!

Heng

Speaking of Japan, did anyone else see the 1/2 Stamina Mihawk raid at the end of the month? Has there even been a 1/2 Stamina raid before? Not sure. Then there's 2x Special rate up the day after that. Everyone's gonna have maxed-out super Mihawks, now. And when everyone's super... no one will be.
Mazre made a post a while back, it hasn't been done before.

The only rare encounter to ever elude me was Dogpen who I never saw until Perona returned.

Wait Laboon was on the Kraken stage?!
Secret stage.

RedBoot

Yeah, sorry, should have phrased that better. Laboon in the Kraken fortnight in general, not on the same stage together. They probably wouldn't both fit on the screen at the same time anyway. :p

Kyou

well yeah I assumed secret stage

I just never encountered it once or heard anyone ever mention it. Must have been rare.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
http://optc.github.io/damage/#/tran...,227:87,251:79,308:77C4,8B0D0E0Q0L0G0R16S100H
Think I can beat 60 stamina Enel with this team? Doffy is level 1 special (so max cooldown), marco has a 23 turn cooldown on his special. Both mihawks and usopp have max specials.
Might need to replace the friend captain with another doffy or ashura zoro for some added bulk if I hope to survive long enough to use marcoh's special

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Enel Squad

Everyone is skill maxed, except for Kohza who is at a 17 turn cool down. I also have Ms. doublefinger skill maxed, so maybe I should sub Kohza out.

Never mind, more damage with Kohza.

12594031_1104231066268199_5560964756942329979_o.jpg

my current eneru team

dofly is at CD lvl 5 (24 turns)
Mihawk is at CD lvl MAX (17 turns)
law is at CD lvl 3 (16 turns)
koza is at CD lvl 1 (20 turns)
golden hammer usopp is at CD lvl 1 (15 turns)

is this team ok for eneru?

Heng

I've got so much pigs and turtles in my box but no one to use them on. Someone mentioned leveling and evolving extra copies of Alvida so I might do that. Honestly I want to farm the new fortnight but Ive had such bad luck with Alvida (only level 2 special) and I'm starting to run out of box space again...

Also I had 3 back to back stamina refill. Feels good man.

Majukun

I've got so much pigs and turtles in my box but no one to use them on. Someone mentioned leveling and evolving extra copies of Alvida so I might do that. Honestly I want to farm the new fortnight but Ive had such bad luck with Alvida (only level 2 special) and I'm starting to run out of box space again...

Also I had 3 back to back stamina refill. Feels good man.

if we get a new bounty reward for alvidsa you might consider using your turtles on leveling up parage shot sanji..him and zeff are the best choices as captains for that 15 stamina mission..but parage shot is better because it's at advantage with the red goons of alvida's FN,while zeff is weak

wow,3 refills?
i had one :(

EDIT.currently trying the sugofestsimulator and...how is it possible that i still get so many useless characters and dupes when i still miss so many good characters?

Heng

if we get a new bounty reward for alvidsa you might consider using your turtles on leveling up parage shot sanji..him and zeff are the best choices as captains for that 15 stamina mission..but parage shot is better because it's at advantage with the red goons of alvida's FN,while zeff is weak
Thanks for the tip, but I don't think there will be a ranking for Alvida. Every time there's a ranking mission, they would post it on the notification (at least thus far) but they could surprise us since they've been doing it once every other week.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I'm addicted to the thrill of the hunt and kind of want Sengoku or preferably shanks. So I'll go with the usual 10 pulls.

RedBoot

I'm addicted to the thrill of the hunt and kind of want Sengoku or preferably shanks. So I'll go with the usual 10 pulls.

I'm planning for three, which means I'll do five. As long as I can stop myself from doing 7-8, I'll be okay.

That being said, if I pull Squard, Whitey Bay, Oars, or any legend early on, I'll probably be able to stop myself from going further.

Majukun

MISTER TWOOOO! YOU DAMN SON OF A GUN I GOT YA!!

now I'm gonna pull it next sugo but I don't care, at this point it was personal.

Also, it probably has nothing to do with it, but it's the first time I tried farming when I was out using my 4g..got him at second try.

now.. what is a good character to farm today if I already have Mr 1,2,miss double finger and slasher Croco?
I was thinking about farming another Croco but prison Croco is already a better impact Croco than the purple impact one.. so it's kinda useless isn't it?

RedBoot

now.. what is a good character to farm today if I already have Mr 1,2,miss double finger and slasher Croco?
I was thinking about farming another Croco but prison Croco is already a better impact Croco than the purple impact one.. so it's kinda useless isn't it?

Impact Croc is still the best farmable INT Striker, so if you don't have Hawkins or Moria, he's still worth having. If you run a lot of Striker teams, anyway...might not ever need an INT-focused Striker team. Also when we get Aokiji, he'll be the best. I'm still farming for a second Croc, anyway. The alternatives in Alubarna would be Mr. 4 or Miss Merry Christmas, neither of whom are particularly compelling (though we will be getting their skill books soonish).

Majukun

Impact Croc is still the best farmable INT Striker, so if you don't have Hawkins or Moria, he's still worth having. If you run a lot of Striker teams, anyway...might not ever need an INT-focused Striker team. Also when we get Aokiji, he'll be the best. I'm still farming for a second Croc, anyway. The alternatives in Alubarna would be Mr. 4 or Miss Merry Christmas, neither of whom are particularly compelling (though we will be getting their skill books soonish).

hmm..the problem is that i don't have urouge..so in whatever impact team i would make,prison croco would take the spot of the atk booster

oh well i'll decide later..i'll keep all today's snails for tomorrow when alvida starts

RalchAC

I think I will do 4 pulls this Sugo. No real reason. But I want a Sugo to excite me again!

hmm..the problem is that i don't have urouge..so in whatever impact team i would make,prison croco would take the spot of the atk booster

oh well i'll decide later..i'll keep all today's snails for tomorrow when alvida starts

Congrats on your Mr.2! Finally, man. I finally got my Doublefinger a few days ago... Felt nice.

I don't think it's worth farming Mr.4, Miss Merry Christmas or a second Croc. Farming is time consuming and irritating lol. Save your patience for Skypiea if you need any unit from that island. Or wait for Water 7, since we are getting a new Kaku and Lucci there. The former brings full orb manipulation if you pair him with Capone or QCK Striker Pirate. The later pairs with Beepo for full STR orbs.

Top Bottom