• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

ElChado

Neo Member
1 for 25.

These odds are killing me.

2/20 myself. Just need 4 more to be good for Enel farming.

3/18 currently

My ratio was 2/19. I stopped farming because I was too tired to keep doing it, really. I need a Blackbeard team. CD ended at 23

1/35.

All I want is 2 skill ups.

Just 2.

I got 51 on new years, and thought i'd feed some to get down to 21 cd, then i went 0/20 and i dont want to waste any more gems for just plvl experience, so im keeping my copies now, gonna hit 70 copies to save, was going to aim for 80, but with apoo books and robin books and alvida books next week i have ZERO space for anything, im going to have to sacrifice something to even hold onto any enel copies i get next weeek.

If i went at least 1/20 i would have kept feeding, but 0/20 no way. I'll just do one of those super slow teams for enel.

I'd love a skill up, but i'd be totally fine with blowing 20 gems for another 100 box space right now.

I don't have a lot of gems so I'm not gemming. So far running 40 stam, 2/3.

I mean it's not a lot but maybe during a skill up I'll get lucky and get 1...or 2 level ups.

Or hopefully sockets will be out by then.

4/25 (2/5). Good luck on that one. I was intending to just feed until I got him to 99, but he's 82 right now and I'm tired as well. Gonna just get him to 90 and stop there. Managed to max/max my Law as well.

Hana-Bi

Glad I didn't try to skill up Doffy. Still farming him. So far I only messed up once again, because I attacked the INT guy on stage 4 one turn too early...

RedBoot

Glad I didn't try to skill up Doffy. Still farming him. So far I only messed up once again, because I attacked the INT guy on stage 4 one turn too early...

I'm amazed that I managed to run Garp's quest 40+ times without any real screwups, and meanwhile I've screwed up about 5/6 Dofy runs today. Just so many more places where things can go wrong.

It's probably best that I wait until I have 2-3 much more reliable methods for beating him. I don't want to start putting serious gems into it until then anyway.

mileS

yoooooooooooo

Nami finally dropped on 10stam for me :) Where I'm just starting the game this month my team can't really do 15stam yet. Not until I get the plvl...

I was shocked to see her. Didn't expect it in the middle of the game. round 3/5 or something. Really pumped to finally get it!!! Was beginning to think it couldn't even drop on 10stam but I still didn't care. Decent enough skill book droprate there.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
30 doffies this time around on 11 gems. Slightly better deal than 2 gacha pulls :p

Hana-Bi

I'm amazed that I managed to run Garp's quest 40+ times without any real screwups, and meanwhile I've screwed up about 5/6 Dofy runs today. Just so many more places where things can go wrong.

It's probably best that I wait until I have 2-3 much more reliable methods for beating him. I don't want to start putting serious gems into it until then anyway.

Yeah, the first time Doffy showed up I made many mistakes that led to a game over. Today I also made some mistakes but only two led to a game over. I got 23 Doffys today with 9 gems. I think I used 25-30 gems last time for 52 Doffys...

But with a G3 team you either are in a flow and clear his stage without problem or you are starting to screw up and then it's stage after stage with mistakes after mistakes...

qcf x2

9 gems on a 40% chance is incredibly risky.

It sure is, but I got most of the characters I actually want already (BCE Shanks, Sengoku, Kid, Namule, Marco, Teach, Mihawk, Enel, etc). Only missing Whitebeard, Rahleigh, Boa Hancock. So gems are whatever right now, and most importantly it paid off :)

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
teTf7RW.jpg

When I started feeding Doffy's 3 at a time, I got a skill up each time. Achievement unlocked.

Majukun

was it really necessary to max it now?55 copies for 2/3 skillups?
if you had a bit of patience those opies would have been enough to max it AND have enough copies for sockets

and farming doffy it's not cheap either being 60 stamina.

koryuken

if you had a bit of patience those opies would have been enough to max it AND have enough copies for sockets

Good on you man, I farmed 70 copies last time, 10 more copies this time. Will be waiting for the skillup event. WB allows people to farm Enel without a max Doffy, so that will do the trick. I am probably only going to farm 30 copies of Enel or so. His special is not critical at this time -- probably farm the rest after sockets.

This is what happens when you get distracted before going back to the game and forgetting to use Usopp. >_>
RIP 60 STA. You win this time, Doffy.

I can't stop laughing at MC trying to be a hero and protect the team.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey

I get obsessive about things when I'm really close by. It's not like it's hard though. I can do the stage blindfolded now and literally had zero wipes through the entire 55 streak.

I mean I get the logical point of view... but whatevs!

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Gear 3rd Luffy just fucking wrecked Arlong, damn. Really hard to not put this unit in any of my squads.

Tidd

When I started feeding Doffy's 3 at a time, I got a skill up each time. Achievement unlocked.

Congrats! Even though your luck was really terrible. :/

We really need more box space. <.<
If I still had my Doffy copies my box would be full and I couldn't do anything at all... All these Luffys and Zoros aren't fun. Also it doesn't help that I'm saving my leftover prison crocs for sockets. I guess next week I will complain even more about the box space issue because we're getting Apoo and Crocodile books. And I still have a few days to farm even more Luffys and Zoros. But it doesn't end here. We also get Enel next week. If I would farm him, this could be easily another 40 copies. (if my box could hold that much lol)

I farmed 65 Doffy copies which put me at a 22 turn CD the first time he came around. Today I farmed 10 to get my 1 skill up to put me at 21 and then farmed an extra 36 to save for a skill up event to get the last 7 levels. So that would put me at a grand total of 111 Doffys. If I don't skill max him at the next rate up I'm going to be piiiiiiisssed.

It seems Enel is going to be a bit of a slog too but this game has turned me into some sort of masochist seeings how much time I put into Doffy. I really hope they hold off on Aokiji and give us Zephyr, Heracles, and Duval first. It'll be nice to have a few quick and easy raid bosses before going back to banging my head against a wall.

Hisoka

Whoa. UGH!
I don't want to offend some guys but i don't get the people that used their doffys now, sorry. Have fun with the sockets later, some didn't understand this feature i guess. It can be harder to max the sockets rather than the special itself. Have fun doing this all over again pals, so many gems (more like money i mean) and exp down the drain.
Also, for the ones that farmed doffy now, but keep him.. Why? Any reasonable logic behind this? Just some numbers that fit my situation actually:

First appearence of Doffy: 120~ sta
After the update and reapperaring: 140+ sta

3 gems: 360 sta - 6 copies
3 gems: 420 sta - 7 copies

Not much by any means, but you get where i come from. It's essentially 1 free doffy every 3 gems.
I only used my natural stamina, thank god i didn't try to partake in this unreasonable competition.

Tidd

Whoa. UGH!
I don't want to offend some guys but i don't get the people that used their doffys now, sorry. Have fun with the sockets later, some didn't understand this feature i guess. It can be harder to max the sockets rather than the special itself. Have fun doing this all over again pals, so many gems (more like money i mean) and exp down the drain.
Also, for the ones that farmed doffy now, but keep him.. Why? Any reasonable logic behind this? Just some numbers that fit my situation actually:

First appearence of Doffy: 120~ sta
After the update and reapperaring: 140+ sta

3 gems: 360 sta - 6 copies
3 gems: 420 sta - 7 copies

Not much by any means, but you get where i come from. It's essentially 1 free doffy every 3 gems.
I only used my natural stamina, thank god i didn't try to partake in this unreasonable competition.

Of course you're right, but only when we get sockets next month. But what if we don't get them? I mean how many times did we think we would get Zephyr by now? No one knows when we will get them because global is a different game. Just because Japan got them x days after an update doesn't mean it is the same for us.
Knowing Namco we get the skill up event first and after that they're going to release sockets. Which means you have to wait another 4-6 weeks to use your copies.
And what you write is only valid for f2p players. I guess people (like me) who buy a few gems here and there don't mind that they have to farm him again. Otherwise we wouldn't do it.
Furthermore if they want to farm Enel with efficiency a 17cd Doffy is a lot faster than the Marco heal team.
And of course: Everyone can play the game how he/she wants.
Last but not least like I wrote earlier, with 60 Doffy copies I would stop playing this game because I wouldn't have any box space left and that's a situation I won't experience again. I guess I could squeeze out 20-30 space if I sell my evo materials but that's it. :(

Hisoka

Of course you're right, but only when we get sockets next month. But what if we don't get them? I mean how many times did we think we would get Zephyr by now? No one knows when we will get them because global is a different game. Just because Japan got them x days after an update doesn't mean it is the same for us.
Knowing Namco we get the skill up event first and after that they're going to release sockets. Which means you have to wait another 4-6 weeks to use your copies.
And what you write is only valid for f2p players. I guess people (like me) who buy a few gems here and there don't mind that they have to farm him again. Otherwise we wouldn't do it.
Furthermore if they want to farm Enel with efficiency a 17cd Doffy is a lot faster than the Marco heal team.
And of course: Everyone can play the game how he/she wants.
Last but not least like I wrote earlier, with 60 Doffy copies I would stop playing this game because I wouldn't have any box space left and that's a situation I won't experience again. I guess I could squeeze out 20-30 space if I sell my evo materials but that's it. :(

Sure, i know, everyone how he wants, i know it and i don't want by any mean that everyone does things the same.
Even if we don't get the update, the numbers will be the same, that's why i wrote 140+, cause it will play a even bigger difference if the update is later. I'm not even f2p myself anymore cause i did pay one time back then, but now that's it.

My 2c about this: farming raids is not important anymore before sockets appear.

Just to understand: Why are we farming raids?
Not for weekly content and by far not for the story mode. It's somehow just for the raids themselves and the 0-islands. So it's totally ok to max them later cause they are, aside from mihawk who is essential in some ways, even more so for f2p, totally non-essential.
But even without f2p i don't get it straight.
While you say you will socket them later and it's no problem (i know some here go crazy with their wallets and just don't care), i could argue that you could use these units to socket a second unit already, which may even be needed in future content. It's a loss, no matter how you look at it - in every single way.
And look, we even have the advantage that we know about this update. I know there are some in Japan that would have totally took advantage of that knowledge and would've waited just a bit longer, while some here are like "aww, yiss, whatev." - These will complain later, or at least be like "F***, i should've known better".

For some that say that sockets aren't that important anyway - It just totally changes the meta for some challenges. Blackbeard for example will be a cakewalk for more teams after sockets arrive, not to speak of Chopper who is already without. The future content will be hell of a lot easier with a max socket Doffy (and may even need a second, so have fun with doing it 3 times?). I know i will see maxed Enels after he arrives, but yeah, i shouldn't care too much about others - I will just simply need to shake my head.
So, memo to the better side of myself: just wait until hell freezes and then go all out. The wait will be worth it.

We're farming these raids because we're playing Global, not Japan. If I wanted to play the game based upon what we will have one day because it's on Japan, I'd just play Japan.

Majukun

I have solved my dilemma by just 'partially' farm the raids.. both teach and Doffy should hopefully reach around CD 20 with the copies I have, and I will then max them when sockets are out.
I don't agree that raid bosses are useful only for other raid bosses though.. at least not for me since I have horrible. luck in Sugofest and so I depend on raid bosses to make good teams.. hell my maxxed mihawk won me more foetnights and story chapters than any other unit.

maybe I'm lucky and we get 4.0 and a skillup event as an anniversary event, and I can do both

only problem with this is that counting all the whitebeard, rayleigh, Law and towel Nami books I have, now I have really few slots in my storage..

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
We complained when we had 200 space and now we're complaining when we have 500 space. Players either play what is in front of them, or they play what is to come. In the mix you have those who'll buy gems and those who won't. Your own personal pace is all that should be matter. The advice, theorizing, strategizing along the way is where we get together as a community and help one another out. That's the fun it.

Personally speaking, the socket/slots debate is a little tiring. They're not here, they haven't been announced and the anticipation that they'll come sooner than later is I feel incorrect. Bamco isn't kind, they want our gems. Doffy arriving again before Enel isn't a coincidence. Neither is Apoo books arriving 2 days before the upcoming raid.

50-60 copies or whatever will make a small, dare I say a very minor dent in sockets/slots. At this point in time it's not worthwhile trying to horde X copies for units when their events will assuredly return. I'm looking at raids specifically. If you want to save your copies for a skill up event - sure! If you're hoping that it'll correspond with a feature not yet placed in our Global format...? I can't get on board with that. I can see a small case being made for a unit like Ryuma, or perhaps your Legend units with possible dupes or Log Luffy as an example and Kimono being out right now. However, if there has been one consistent thing about Global right now, it's that we think we know, but we don't.

But again, I preface my personal opinion as perhaps, sockets/slots will indeed come very, very soon? Or maybe we'll also get an expansion to 800 space? But maybe we'll also get 3 fortnights running at the same time? Or maybe we'll also get Strong World units? And last but not least, maybe Zephyr will finally arrive too.

Qmzn

Neo Member
People have fun playing the game however they want. I think that's all there is to it.

Seconded. I think there's arguments to be made for a smattering of different approaches to the game, and there's no clear "best" approach, especially with much of the content that landed after version 4.0.

For example, in Japan, Ability Orbs were already out when I spec'd out my Mihawk. I had the skill maxed in an absurdly low number of dupes... something like 32. It took another 30 on top of that just to get the last two healing orbs I wanted. The healing orbs have definitely made dual-Mihawk captain stalling for 17 turns far more manageable, yet most everyone else on my friends list took cooldown or lock reduction, although only a couple of the players with MAX skill level also managed all 5 ability ranks.

Skill cooldown makes more sense when you bring Mihawk as a sub to cut a raid boss down to size. So, what then, keep two Mihawks? Respec out of healing? I don't think there's really a clear answer anymore.

On top of that, you can't control the RNG. Some players are going to get 4/5 skill ups outside a rate up event, others are going to get 1/5 during. Waiting until abilities land could be a time and stamina-saving boon or a return to a nightmare, depending on one's luck. For those that do end up farming a second time, established MAX skills might make farming less stressful compared to the guy trying to do it all in one shot.

What future content brings are multiple choices that all lead to success, which is great. One can spend a lot of stamina putting abilities on Golden Pound with the Usopp'n raid, or hold off until the next New Year's fortnight, and do it for less stamina with Kimono Usopp dupes. How about Zoro? Would you rather have a MAX skill Kimono Zoro, or a Asura Zoro with full ability slots? They're both decent units. Are you farming Nightmare Luffy to MAX his skill, or to put ability orbs on your Voyage Log or G3?

In short, as the game progresses, I think there's going to be enough variety in units and ability combinations to allow players to progress in a more fluid manner, rather than following a prescribed course. I think it's more fun, but it kind of makes it difficult to write a comprehensive strategy guide. I can see Gamewith struggling with it already.

RalchAC

We complained when we had 200 space and now we're complaining when we have 500 space. Players either play what is in front of them, or they play what is to come. In the mix you have those who'll buy gems and those who won't. Your own personal pace is all that should be matter. The advice, theorizing, strategizing along the way is where we get together as a community and help one another out. That's the fun it.

Personally speaking, the socket/slots debate is a little tiring.

About box space, I think we will always have box space problems (yeah, even with 1,000 slots) because Bamco nows that we hoard everything and wait for a skill up. Yeah, it may be possible that we have 500 box space, but we hoard more stuff and more copies of said stuff than we did before. As we get more content, we hoard more content and we need more box space.

About sockets, I have the same opinion as Maju-kun. Raid bosses base CDs are at 30 turns and maxed one at 15. So I feed copies until the CD is at 21-22 turns and then wait for them to come.

I understand many people complains for various reasons. Gems are a limited resource that can be used for a bunch of different things, including pulling in Sugofest. At the same time, farming raid bosses takes time (and quite a lot of it) so doing something twice can feel a bit bad to certain players. And, finally, I don't think doing the same stage a hundred times in a 24 hours period is fun. I mean, I like the game, the mechanics, talking about theories and seeing if they work or not... but in the 30th run I'm not having that much fun. I've accepted it* and I don't mind doing it every once in a while. But after running Garp for 120 I think I have Garpuphobia. It's a stage I won't run anytime soon again, even if sockets released tomorrow.

But as you said, people should whatever they want. We are different, have different tastes, different definitions of "fun", and different priorities, so all those factors that worry the "socket-fan" may not bother you.

*What I mean here is that anyhting is Perfect. I love Persona 4, for example, but the dungeons where terrible. But I didn't drop the game. But even if those were terrible, the rest of the game was awesome and filled with stuff that I like it. So I accept what I don't like because the rest of stuff is more important to me than said problem.

Jupiter

So my playing time has really slowed down the last half-year. I think i'm going to get rid of my extra accounts that I used for easy friend games. I'll also get rid of my main but first I want to see if anyone is interested in one of these. Could be good for someone who is just starting out. PM me if anyone wants.

This one is at Loguetown in the storyline

And this one is just starting out.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I'm not ready for enel 60, but think I can do 40 with some mix of the following characters? Coffin boat is only rank 8, merry is max rank.

Max level/skill GP Usopp

LV87 Mihawk (Max skill - 17 turns)

LV50 Ashura Zoro (Skill Lv 3 - 23 turns)

LV67 Biker Smoker (Skill LV4 - 19 turns)

LV53 Izo (Skill level 3 - 18 turns)

LV71 Law (Skill level 2- 17 turns)

Lv54 Apoo

Lv53 Doffy

Lv 60 Paulie (Skill level 5 - 16 turns)

Lv 21 Doublefinger (skill level 3 - could get her up lots of levels with turtle time this week)

Lv 53 Kalifa (skill level 6 - 20 turns)

Lv 55 Onigumo

Lv 83 Marco (skil level 8 - 23 turns)

Lv60 Koza

Maybe a doffy/mihawk/mihawk/law/usopp/Marco team could RNG into a 60 win?

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
@Qmzn and RalchAC

Well said! Both of you.

It's great there are varying opinions on the course which each player takes. To reference One Piece, we've all got our own log poses and are following the path we think works for us. I do feel as we move further and further through this game more choice is being given to playstyles not being similar across the board anymore. While we provide 'friend captains' to aide in our goals, what goes on with our own crews' is behind the scenes and what matters most.

RedBoot

Good weekend for rare drops. Yesterday I got Ohm, and today I got Laboon (who I've somehow gone all this time without getting, despite playing since roughly launch).

But more importantly than both of those, I finally got a cola drop in Shells Town! Now I'm ready for the next set of missions to come around.

RedBoot

Ooh, Whitebeard 3 sugo on Tuesday night. Marco 6-star.

Looks like we're still skipping Strong World. Ace, too. Who needs shooter boosts anyway? :p

So we get 6* Marco, eh? Isn't he (arguably) basically a better version of Boa? You lose the 1 turn delay, but that's pretty much it.

Doubt I'll spend any gems this sugo. Farming Doffy got me pretty low, so I'll probably try to bank some for a while.

Top Bottom