• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

RedBoot

I don't see anything wrong with this. Same name he has in all the localization.

Both translations are technically correct. Eneru's always been used in the English versions (all the way back to 4kids, even though they never actually dubbed any of Skypeia). Fan translations stuck with Enel since it sounds better.

Unless it shows up in English text in the manga somewhere, there's no way to be sure.

koryuken

Impact Croc is still the best farmable INT Striker, so if you don't have Hawkins or Moria, he's still worth having. If you run a lot of Striker teams, anyway...might not ever need an INT-focused Striker team. Also when we get Aokiji, he'll be the best. I'm still farming for a second Croc, anyway. The alternatives in Alubarna would be Mr. 4 or Miss Merry Christmas, neither of whom are particularly compelling (though we will be getting their skill books soonish).

I farmed and evolved an Impact Croc mostly for Princess Turtle -- he does 5k poison damage per turn at lvl 99. I already have Vista for my strong INT slasher, so I did not want to go through unnecessary farming.

RalchAC

Both translations are technically correct. Eneru's always been used in the English versions (all the way back to 4kids, even though they never actually dubbed any of Skypeia). Fan translations stuck with Enel since it sounds better.

Unless it shows up in English text in the manga somewhere, there's no way to be sure.

Enel sounds better because angel's names traditionally end with -el, since it means god and many angels names mean "x of God" (be it strength, wisdom or whatever). So it sounded better for western people.

Eneru weird imo. But whatever. I got used to hear Ruffy instead of Luffy in the catalonian dub, so I will survive with either name.

Even if Enel sounds miles better.

Majukun

Enel sounds better because angel's names traditionally end with -el, since it means god and many angels names mean "x of God" (be it strength, wisdom or whatever). So it sounded better for western people.

Eneru weird imo. But whatever. I got used to hear Ruffy instead of Luffy in the catalonian dub, so I will survive with either name.

Even if Enel sounds miles better.

both enel and ener are ok translation since the correct japanese sound at the end of the name it's basically both and R and a L for western standards..it's a sound that it's a mixture of the two,so you can technically wirte it down in both ways and they are both equally correct (or equally wrong)
the final U is there but doesn't have sound in japanese..even though in some pronunciations it might have a very fleeble sound..

I would go for Enel,mostly because it's the name of the main electric company here in Italy (which is way here it was translated as Ener),so it fits

by the way..we are gold today..anyone?

RedBoot

I would go for Enel,mostly because it's the name of the main electric company here in Italy (which is way here it was translated as Ener),so it fits

Yeah, I've seen that mentioned as evidence for the Enel side. It's certainly the sort of reference Oda would make.

The English side almost certainly went with Eneru for the energy pun, but it's just so awkward to say in English. Plus, it technically originated with the 4kids dub, so we should be moving away from that sort of thing as a general rule (we're almost mostly free of Zolo!)

Or hell, just call him Eminem, since that's who he's modeled after. :p

koryuken

I think we can all get on board with that one.

PS. To those who haven't seen this, its a trip.

one_piece_characters_are_real_life_people_by_satoart-d60zbru.jpg

RedBoot

Pull 1: Rakuyo (Dupe)
Pull 3: Alvida (lol)

But it's okay because Pull 2 was Sengoku. Always knew I'd pull either Sengoku or SW Shanks, I get all the PSY characters.

I've got my legend so I'm happy. I'll probably do one or two more tomorrow.

(The red poster animation is so pretty)

Acerac

Banned
Pulled Jinbei and Law so I guess it wasn't a bad sugofest to start with. Shanks, Marco, Rakuyo, and a pair of Little Oars Jr. finished off my pulls worth mentioning.

While I didn't get any of the captains I was looking at, I guess I can't complain too much.

RedBoot

If you take Bon Clay into the fortnight, he's unaffected by the DoT (as you might guess). Having a skill-maxed Garp makes the whole thing pretty easy.

Also Elizabeth's special animation is amazing.

bzzt

Neo Member
2 pulls:
Psy Marco unevolved NEW!
GP Ussop

I'm happy with my result. I have a ton of psy turtles, so he should be evolved in no time.

12 pulls:

3* Mr. 3 (dupe)
5* Law (dupe)
3* Coby (MEGATON)
Guard Point Chopper (duuuuupe)
4* Fossa (dupe)
5* DeCalvan Brothers (meh but new)
4* Thatch (New!)
Kuroobi (boooo)
4* Bonney (dupe)
4* Impact Usopp (dupe)
4* Izo (dupe)
4* Squard (Yay!)

Everything went okay.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
12 pulls:

3* Mr. 3 (dupe)
5* Law (dupe)
3* Coby (MEGATON)
4* Fossa (dupe)
4* Thatch (New!)
Kuroobi (boooo)
4* Bonney (dupe)
4* Impact Usopp (dupe)
4* Izo (dupe)
4* Squard (Yay!)

Everything went okay.
I want Thatch so much. :(

mileS

I did 3 so far.
1st - Big Eater Jewelry Bonney
2nd - Heavy Point Chopper
3rd - Bohemian Knight Doma (seems like an alright unit. but I could be wrong because I'm still new to the game?)

Kumo

No Whitey Bay or Marco. Dream is dead. :( Only notable pull was Killer in 6 pulls.

Guess I'm waiting to pull until the anniversary sugo now.

RiZ III

Can't believe how many gems you guys have. I pulled just three times. Best one was a 5* Fossa. Also got 4* Mr.3 which is awesome cause I hadn't gotten him in my crew yet.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Oh will there ever be a Sugo I'll resist... my results:

Got 4/5 of the new units.

Doma
Decalvan Brothers
Squard
Whitey Bay
- All 4*, so lots of levelling and evolving to do.

And lastly... red poster... which led to a Whitebeard dupe. Despite it being a copy I'm very grateful for the continued luck. Congrats to all those who got new units and good luck to anyone still pulling or have yet to and will!!

Also Elizabeth is frightening in this new fortnight. Not bothering with any of these Okama units myself, perhaps only Sanji once he shows up.

EDIT: Did one more pull after Sanji showed up, Little Oars Jr. That's a first for me, grabbing all the new units in one go! Very happy with the results. If it mattered any, I did 21 pulls altogether.

Kyou

Gonna limit myself to 5:

1)Kuriel(dupe)
2)Doma(new)
3) Princess Vivi(hello slot material)
4)Kuroobi(the dupest)
5)Koza(new!)

and away I walk from this with two new QCK units, what PSY up

RedBoot

Am I really going to have to do this fortnight for the next two weeks?

Shit's terrifying, lol.

I've got Apoo and I actually wouldn't mind getting the rare encounter Sanji boosted a bit (he actually works well with Ivankov, as you might expect), so I'll be running it for a while.

I think it's hilarious. Garp clears it easily, but if I can get Sengoku evolved in time, I'll start trying out some teams with him.

Kyou

so what's the general strategy for this

I'm just using a double doffy rainbow team. I have so much HP they can hurt me every turn for a hundred turns and I couldnt feel it

RedBoot

so what's the general strategy for this

I'm just using a double doffy rainbow team. I have so much HP they can hurt me every turn for a hundred turns and I couldnt feel it

It's not hard. If you let Caroline hang around for too long, she'll gloom your captains, and she can heal herself when her health gets low. But you get like four turns before the gloom, and dealing 600k in that amount of time should be trivial for either a Garp team or a Mihawk/Dofy team with the right crew members.

chrono01

Pull 1: Rakuyo (Dupe)
Pull 3: Alvida (lol)

But it's okay because Pull 2 was Sengoku. Always knew I'd pull either Sengoku or SW Shanks, I get all the PSY characters.

I've got my legend so I'm happy. I'll probably do one or two more tomorrow.

(The red poster animation is so pretty)
Oh man, congrats on the Sengoku, RedBoot! \o/

2 pulls:
Psy Marco unevolved NEW!
GP Ussop

I'm happy with my result. I have a ton of psy turtles, so he should be evolved in no time.
Congrats on Marco, he's a valuable unit.

12 pulls:

3* Mr. 3 (dupe)
5* Law (dupe)
3* Coby (MEGATON)
4* Fossa (dupe)
4* Thatch (New!)
Kuroobi (boooo)
4* Bonney (dupe)
4* Impact Usopp (dupe)
4* Izo (dupe)
4* Squard (Yay!)

Everything went okay.
I want Thatch. ;_;

Congrats!

And lastly... red poster...
Congrats!!

which led to a Whitebeard dupe.
I'm sorry. :(

That luck, though!

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Elizabeth is still frightening, but well played Zeke, lol.

Finally got Sanji to appear, he showed up at the end with Elizabeth and Caroline. Gotta admit that was pretty hilarious. I'll keep him due to his orb shuffling, he has a low CD at 12 already too so that's nice.

If you take Bon Clay into the fortnight, he's unaffected by the DoT (as you might guess). Having a skill-maxed Garp makes the whole thing pretty easy. Also Elizabeth's special animation is amazing.

I forgot to congratulate you with your Sengoku pull! He's pretty handy with this current fortnight, although I think any full PSY team would do. And I don't know if it's actually possible to die in this fortnight, every fodder is one turn kill with the mini bosses being 2 turns at the very most.

Congrats!! I'm sorry. :( That luck, though!

Lol, it's okay. As greedy as I'd like to be, it was bound to happen. Thank you though!

RedBoot

Oh man, congrats on the Sengoku, RedBoot! o/

I forgot to congratulate you with your Sengoku pull! He's pretty handy with this current fortnight, although I think any full PSY team would do.

Thanks! I'm already sorting through the 20 cost and under characters. Can't wait for some raid bosses to come back, I'll have some new teams to try out. I'm thinking Sengoku x 2, Arlong, Mr. 1, Ohm, and Usopp might be able to handle Dofy.

Top Bottom